Forums

The official tropical weather thread 2018

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: The official tropical weather thread 2018

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 23rd, 2018, 4:53 pm

This just shows you how much people actually pay house insurance...even if they do...how much of them insure the contents...daz one cost me a playing with...

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » October 23rd, 2018, 6:01 pm

Was on the News today, Other Caribbean Islands told us they are going to send us money and food etc and any other assistance they can provide, Rowley said thanks but no thanks we good we eh need no help

so my question is who is this "we" he talking about? cause endless people can't even get a mattress to sleep on and the government clueless. People sleeping on wet floor or cardboard on wet floor and this c#nt saying how thanks but no thanks we eh need no help?

WTF

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 23rd, 2018, 6:04 pm

Because we is chinidad...we oil reach...how can we accept hand outs

wickedtuna
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby wickedtuna » October 23rd, 2018, 6:16 pm

wickedtuna wrote:Image

The outpouring of support has continued for Trinidad and Tobago, after several parts of the country were ravaged by floods.

The Corporacion Andina de Fomento (CAF) Development Bank of Latin America has indicated it will donate US$200,000 (TT$1.3 million) to assist T&T in its flood relief efforts.

According to the Office of the Prime Minister, CAF president Luis Carranza sent correspondence to Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley expressing solidarity with the people of T&T.

The Corporacion Andina de Fomento (CAF) Development Bank of Latin America has indicated it will donate US$200,000 (TT$1.3 million) to assist T&T in its flood relief efforts.

According to the Office of the Prime Minister, CAF president Luis Carranza sent correspondence to Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley expressing solidarity with the people of T&T.

Get caught up with news from the news leader
Subscribe now and get access to the Trinidad Express E-paper
“I wish to express to you and through you to the Trinidadian people our deepest solidarity in the face of the devastating effects of the floods and landslides that have affected the island over the last days,” Carranza said.

“In this regard I would like to inform you that CAF will make a donation of US$ 200,000 to contribute to the humanitarian and aid efforts through a designated government channel,” he added.

CAF, a development bank created in 1970, is owned by 13 private banks in the region as well as 19 countries – 17 of which are Latin American and Caribbean countries, Spain and Portugal.

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/lo ... d4e11.html
We get a Lil foreign donation

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 23rd, 2018, 7:06 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Was on the News today, Other Caribbean Islands told us they are going to send us money and food etc and any other assistance they can provide, Rowley said thanks but no thanks we good we eh need no help

so my question is who is this "we" he talking about? cause endless people can't even get a mattress to sleep on and the government clueless. People sleeping on wet floor or cardboard on wet floor and this c#nt saying how thanks but no thanks we eh need no help?

WTF

there are materials, its the logistics of getting it to 100 k persons that is the conundrum, especially as clean up works is still going on.
but the money would be welcomed to easy the strain on the locals that dipped into their own pockets to provide relief.

wickedtuna
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby wickedtuna » October 23rd, 2018, 7:17 pm

Terry Rondon says he will take whatever help he gets ....international or any ... what it says when a prime minister could say no help is needed and ppl still under water and they have lost everything ........in my honest opinion. ....IS THE PRIME MINISTER ...DR ROWLEY WHO NEEDS HELP ....# HELPROWLEY

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 23rd, 2018, 7:23 pm

Growley knows the ones who offering don't have for themselves. Grenada, Venezuela, Dominica. They have money?
He also knows how much they getting from insurance so he will make it look as though it came from the govt.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 23rd, 2018, 7:26 pm

I wonder if this had any contribution to the massive flood in the East???

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 23rd, 2018, 7:28 pm

Some planning needs to go into the relief efforts. People who can afford getting more than once and some who are desperate not getting into. The different groups are just giving without checking. Saw some white people at up camp in Kelly today with medical help. Their vehicles had some logo but I can't remember what it was.

No_Name
Sweet on this forum

Postby No_Name » October 23rd, 2018, 7:33 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Was on the News today, Other Caribbean Islands told us they are going to send us money and food etc and any other assistance they can provide, Rowley said thanks but no thanks we good we eh need no help

WTF

This idiot Growls, proves himself daily, as stink, distasteful, useless & black as d canal dutt Cepep does dig out from d drain and put on d side of d rd for road wheels to squish it rite back in same drain...

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 23rd, 2018, 7:40 pm

While I applaud all those businesses donating towards the relief effort unfortunately there are those who are doing the complete opposite in that they are PRICE Gouging.

Example: wreckers charging more than $1000 some as high as $1500 to move a vehicle a few metres away on the UBH.

Another I heard was some retailers raising the price of bottled water by 50%.

If anyone has info about other cases feel free to post.
It may be legal, but probably isn't the ethical thing to do as this exploitative. And in other jurisdictions it can actually be illegal.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 23rd, 2018, 7:43 pm

Rowlee is an idiot if he is refusing money
They should be looking at budgeting for proper drainage works and fixing river banks etc

wickedtuna
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby wickedtuna » October 23rd, 2018, 7:45 pm

Young: No relocation for Greenvale residents

National Security Minister Stuart Young says discussions around relocating residents of Greenvale, La Horquetta and flood-prone Oropune Gardens cannot be entertained at this time, as there is insufficient State housing.

Oropune residents have been clamouring for a relocation even before the severe bout of flooding over the weekend.

They intensified their calls this week.

Addressing Tuesday’s joint media briefing on flood relief efforts, held at the Ministry of National Security, Port of Spain, Young acknowledged the plight of the residents.

“This came up previously. It is something we need to look at. I know the Oropune area had suffered from flooding in the past. I’m not sure the Greenvale area has, it may have, but having seen it I can tell you why. There are meandering rivers coming from the east right behind it, and the kind of bends that you expect the water to make it’s not going to make, but also the amount of water. And then right at the entrance, you have coming all the way from the northern range all of the water through La Horquetta and it’s coming straight to the Greenvale area,” he outlined.

Asked why these issues were not foreseen before the HDC units were constructed, Young said he was not “there in the past” and as such could not change what happened in the past.

But he said Government will not bury its head in the sand about the issue.

“The experts have to look at this and come to us with potential solutions. The talk of relocation at this stage is not one that can be entertained. The HDC does not have sufficient housing. There are 174,000 applications in for a very, very limited number of available units. Let us not jump ahead of ourselves,” Young said.

“I will wait for the Minister of Housing to come to Cabinet after a proper assessment has been done and the experts have given their advice, and we will look at it at that stage. I understand persons are traumatised. I understand when you see rain coming and it’s heavy rain what they’re going to feel, because I feel it ,” he said.

Young underscored the Prime Minister’s announcement on Monday that Government did not required help from the region at this time.

“We are not going to dig our kneels into the ground at this stage. The Prime Minister has graciously thanked all who volunteered assistance and said at this stage we don’t require it,” he stated.

He described as premature, arguments by persons that the $25 million to be allocated by Government for flood relief was insufficient.

“First point, all of these grants continue to exist. So in the budgeting exercise there would have been money put in, even prior to this, for these various grants. The Prime Minister will be asking Cabinet this week…we want to put aside an additional $25 million dollars,” he said.

“It always surprises me how people make arguments prematurely. The Government is not going to say we hit $25 million, shut the doors, everybody go home, tough for who didn’t get,” he added.

Young said the last time major flooding occurred Government set aside up to $30 million, and the legitimate requests for grants and the grants distributed were nowhere close the allocated amount.

wickedtuna
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby wickedtuna » October 23rd, 2018, 7:46 pm

Stuartie say greenvale no relocation

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 23rd, 2018, 7:49 pm

pugboy wrote:Rowlee is an idiot if he is refusing money
They should be looking at budgeting for proper drainage works and fixing river banks etc

In 2017 shitkickers was in bago when parts of trinidad was affected very badly by flooding...he blamed the odpm, vowed to be ready and better prepared for future disasters...

In 2018 we are worse than 2017...he now has no one to blame

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » October 23rd, 2018, 8:01 pm

TTMA appealing to retailers to stop price gouging, some people charging 50% more for bottled water and there has been no increase by manufacturers...:|

That will probably happen with everything: furniture, appliances, building materials etc...it's only a matter of time.

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » October 23rd, 2018, 8:05 pm

Stuart tryna make the nation go mad? Aside from refusing help from other nations, the biggest thing out if this is the action plan for next year and so far sounding like doom. Only reactive measures like boats. More focussed on preparing for a bigger flood rather than minimizing it. (The reactive part was long overdue seeing that it took the citizens to do the govt job these past few floods).

The other ministers know how to twist what they're speaking about to sound righteous, while he just make you want to pull your hair out in disbelief.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » October 23rd, 2018, 8:21 pm

Sh!tkicker said at the first press conference: "this is an unusual event" which happens once every 20 years or so. That sentiment has been echoed by Stuarty and others ever since. Dem have NO intention of fixing or preparing for anything because in their mind we eh due for another one for a long time.

The plan apparently is just to manage the situation until the sting dies down. They probably believe by the time this happens again none of them will be in power so it will be someone else's problem.

If that's the case it's a very short-sighted approach considering the type of weather patterns we have been experiencing lately...:|

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » October 23rd, 2018, 8:57 pm

hydroep wrote:TTMA appealing to retailers to stop price gouging, some people charging 50% more for bottled water and there has been no increase by manufacturers...:|

That will probably happen with everything: furniture, appliances, building materials etc...it's only a matter of time.

supply and demand.

once the roadways are clear, the price will come down. in the mean-time, we have a profit incentive for persons to provide goods and/or services in those areas.
Last edited by paid_influencer on October 23rd, 2018, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr President
Street 2NR

Postby Mr President » October 23rd, 2018, 8:57 pm

Politically, the govt may appear debilitated if they concede that outside aid is needed.

There is a long list of technology that can be acquired to analyse, simulate and deploy solutions to prevent future occurrences

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 23rd, 2018, 9:22 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
hydroep wrote:TTMA appealing to retailers to stop price gouging, some people charging 50% more for bottled water and there has been no increase by manufacturers...:|

supply and demand.

once the roadways are clear, the price will come down. in the mean-time, we have a profit incentive for persons to provide goods and/or services in those areas.

You can still make a profit by simple volume, lots of ppl would have to buy back stuff now, why raise prices? At least don't do it on food and water which is essential for survival.

Besides in this age of Social Media if your business wants to look good it should be contributing instead of profiteering, ppl can easily shame business that are price gouging.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 23rd, 2018, 10:56 pm

Mr President wrote:Politically, the govt may appear debilitated if they concede that outside aid is needed.

There is a long list of technology that can be acquired to analyse, simulate and deploy solutions to prevent future occurrences
Alot of people don't give a sheit about how politically good or bad it looks. They need help and the govt not providing any.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » October 23rd, 2018, 11:02 pm

Met Office has discontinued the Adverse Weather alert and downgraded the Riverine Flood Alert to Orange. It still expires on Friday.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 23rd, 2018, 11:31 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
pugboy wrote:Rowlee is an idiot if he is refusing money

In 2017 shitkickers was in bago when parts of trinidad was affected very badly by flooding...he blamed the odpm, vowed to be ready and better prepared for future disasters...

In 2018 we are worse than 2017...he now has no one to blame

last year people saw what the competence of this pnm government in disaster management, so this year, they done know nothing meaning full coming from the top, so the people jump out one time to respond as quickly as can.
people just instinctually knew any help had to come from them, and it needed to be done quickly.

its sad when people not even waiting to give the govt a chance to act on their responsibility, and taking front to attend the situation.

Mr President
Street 2NR

Postby Mr President » October 23rd, 2018, 11:44 pm

Gladiator wrote:
Mr President wrote:Politically, the govt may appear debilitated if they concede that outside aid is needed.

Alot of people don't give a sheit about how politically good or bad it looks. They need help and the govt not providing any.

Agreed. From the mass mobilization that we have seen from the citizens and corporations, these people should all have had access to basic help by now. The emergency services seem unequipped to reach out to the masses of victims. As expected, the other things like home repairs, vehicles, appliances will take time and procedure to be replaced.

brainchild
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby brainchild » October 23rd, 2018, 11:45 pm

Don't know if this here already, but well done Courts!
IMG-20181023-WA0015.jpeg

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » October 23rd, 2018, 11:47 pm

Worst pm and president. Trinidad deserve better than this

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » October 23rd, 2018, 11:55 pm

Gladiator wrote:

Exactly, "Mr President" don't forget that is the same reason why someone like DJT could become the leader of the most powerful nation in the world despite it looking like a joke earlier on. The biggest political shock of our times and people still didn't learn from it.

It was a low blow to the nation to refuse that aid when people still need and relying on a lot of it from other citizens while the ODPM proudly played 72 hours survival protocol. Don't forget Stuart welcomed aid from the private sector.
regional coordinator odpm.png

streetbeastINC.
punchin NOS

Postby streetbeastINC. » October 23rd, 2018, 11:56 pm

Yung said he was on the ground for 2 whole hours yesterday...so for the rest of the 48 hours he was flying ...how much fuel he waste...

Also the govt pushing this fake news thing with an agenda ..i am sure legislation will be coming soon to curb social media use and what you post on every forum

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » October 24th, 2018, 12:02 am

matr1x wrote:Worst pm and president. Trinidad deserve better than this

Do we really? A corrupt society that votes on race, litters endlessly and has one of the worst work ethos in the world...think we’re just about getting what we as a nation deserve.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”