Forums

System Upgrade in Hyundai Ioniq

(I.C.E.)In Car Entertainment - Mobile Audio and Video

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

System Upgrade in Hyundai Ioniq

Postby snypaz » November 7th, 2018, 7:39 am

Been thinking about it for some time. And I'm guessing I have the idea all figured out granted this is a new car and installs are basically unheard of worldwide. Nothing major but I was thinking 4 6" Faital Pro Mids to replace the stock door speakers, NB1's, 8" or 10" Sub and an amp to play it all. I've already decided to not tamper much with the battery system, So I'm thinking it might be best to play the system from a seperate battery. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Also I'd like to start stocking equipment immediately and then having someone install. Suggestions for those will be welcomed as well.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: System Upgrade in Hyundai Ioniq

Postby snypaz » November 7th, 2018, 7:46 am

Almost forgot, I have a Sub and Box from my last install, 10" P2 Rockford. Might just use the sub, and change the box. Still very stiff since I used it for less than a year in a similar system in a Yaris.

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » November 7th, 2018, 11:20 am

Why you adding a supplementary battery? There is a 12V one in the car for electronics. I'm guessing you are retaining the factory headunit? Please reconsider the faital and NB1 approach and opt for comps. and coaxials in the rear. The ionic had the speakers mounted high up in the door which will make for a nice soundstage. Components/coax will also require less power and have your audio system being less of a parasite to the car.

Soundstream_626
Riding on 17's

Postby Soundstream_626 » November 7th, 2018, 11:57 am

OP you like how those Nb1`s sound? You can demo nicer tweets at most dealers. Sq audio has a nice silk set for 300 iirc.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » November 7th, 2018, 3:54 pm

Hey I'm just going with what I was accustomed to. I'm very open to suggestions. By all indications lead to the fact that I can just use the 12V in the car for everything. Might swap it out for a Optima granted space. It's in a little corner in the trunk. Or just run two batteries.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » November 7th, 2018, 3:56 pm

And yes I have to retain the Head unit. So I'm guessing I might need a processor?

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » November 7th, 2018, 4:55 pm

yes, processor with Hi-Level inputs.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 7th, 2018, 9:39 pm

OP for a nice car like that try something besides trini style pro audio & $70 tweeters , look at components & coax , u will be amazed at missing details in quality music u never know existed ...

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » November 8th, 2018, 4:22 pm

Rovin's Audio wrote:OP for a nice car like that try something besides trini style pro audio & $70 tweeters , look at components & coax , u will be amazed at missing details in quality music u never know existed ...

Exploring all options and components and coaxials are on the table as of now. Figuring out the best equipment to get what I need and establishing a list from suppliers etc.

kavaninho
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kavaninho » November 8th, 2018, 5:21 pm

Post your budget, that is key, no one can tell you what is best without it.

snypaz
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby snypaz » November 8th, 2018, 11:52 pm

My budget is $12k

jusrocky
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jusrocky » November 9th, 2018, 2:29 am

snypaz wrote:My budget is $12k

Full JL audio system
Components front
Coax rear
5ch amp
And the Rockford sub
With your processor
And you won’t have anything problem with using the car battery

DJ Q
punchin NOS

Postby DJ Q » November 27th, 2018, 8:55 am

Be careful with this... last I heard... once you splice a single wire in that car it voids the warranty.

That said, I'm with everyone else on this. Component in front, coax in the rear and your Rockford Sub.
I'm not too much into the need for a processor since you're accustomed to Pro Audio. You may/may not notice the difference.
A good 5 ch amp that takes Hi-Level input or a hi to low converter and you're in the game.
Even though you have a high budget, I want to share with you what TheWiseOne once shared with me when I switched out from Pro Audio... Start cheap then upgrade. It allows you to appreciate the difference in sound.

In my fielder I had:
Powerbass S-6C
Powerbass 6.5 coax
ID 12 sealed
50 rms on each door speaker
500 rms on sub

Sounds like a little bit but it got loud enough to enjoy INside the car.
I say start small. Learn to enjoy the sound of the music and not just the volume.
The deck in my Prius actually has some Time Alignment features so now i've been experiencing what all this hype about "staging" has been. I'm sure mine isn't perfect, but I can't go back now.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 28th, 2018, 11:02 am

DJ Q wrote: I want to share with you what TheWiseOne once shared with me when I switched out from Pro Audio... Start cheap then upgrade. It allows you to appreciate the difference in sound.

for anybody reading this : u dont have to buy to learn\hear\listen - simply visit a store like mine that has all kinds\types of speakers already set up for demo & in a matter of seconds once ur ears still good & ur open minded u can easily hear d differences in sound .... 8-)

Advertisement

Return to “I.C.E. / Car Audio Tech”