Helicopter crash

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Helicopter crash

Postby jm3 » May 16th, 2019, 1:17 am

MaxPower wrote:
agent007 wrote:There is a user right here who works NHSL, I won't call his name but perhaps if he wants to, he can give us a little insight.

Ask him if he knows S.F initials

Stupes

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: Helicopter crash at Wallerfield near racetrack

Postby abbow » May 16th, 2019, 7:12 am

De Dragon wrote:
VII wrote:
abbow wrote:
VII wrote:
ADONI wrote:We still have choppers? I say Kamala run it down to the ground...

That look like a new one from the last order with Kamala? Bell?

Chopper guys weigh in pls..

naa Rohani had the unveiling on two, one of which is this (EC135) EuroCopter

So this may have been more recent than Kams..

Thanks, from what you can see and from other not clearly visible potential damage you may suspect,would that be considered a write-off ?

Because they're sure handling it that way

Liability wise, I think they'd rather not take the chance to put people into a crashed chopper that was repaired unless it was to undergo full structural integrity tests. This literally is where you'd not just "buff it out" :lol: :lol:

Definitely a write off...

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » May 16th, 2019, 7:51 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:is this for real?

So why didn’t she find out where the pilots was taken to an go there and talk to them

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 16th, 2019, 8:06 am

I ded when I see that.... To round off yesterdsy, reverse man reverse and went back home, and urvsshie took an eye witness account from a dumb boy. How random was that!

justheretoreadthecomments
Street 2NR

Postby justheretoreadthecomments » May 16th, 2019, 8:07 am

MaxPower wrote:
agent007 wrote:There is a user right here who works NHSL, I won't call his name but perhaps if he wants to, he can give us a little insight.

He handled it well tho, given the circumstance. To be able to walk away normal normal

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » May 16th, 2019, 10:59 am

De Dragon wrote:
VII wrote:
abbow wrote:
VII wrote:

Thanks, from what you can see and from other not clearly visible potential damage you may suspect,would that be considered a write-off ?

Liability wise, I think they'd rather not take the chance to put people into a crashed chopper that was repaired unless it was to undergo full structural integrity tests. This literally is where you'd not just "buff it out" :lol: :lol:

Well I've seen airliners repaired after much worse,including fuselage and wing fracture etc..

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » May 16th, 2019, 11:01 am

abbow wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
VII wrote:
abbow wrote:
VII wrote:

Cool,saw some large aircraft repaired and re-introduced after severe damage,I guess choppers could be a bit different..
Last edited by VII on May 16th, 2019, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 16th, 2019, 12:15 pm

justheretoreadthecomments wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

He handled it well tho, given the circumstance. To be able to walk away normal normal

Ofcourse, no doubt about that. Its his years of experience saved him.

Dunno why jm3 stupsin like a little kant for as if its a secret.

jl6106
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jl6106 » May 16th, 2019, 2:43 pm

Only after a thorough inspection can we know if it can get another lease on life.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 16th, 2019, 4:17 pm

I know that with airplanes, the manufacturer sends a team to all crashes anywhere in the world and it is they who ultimately determine if it should fly again. I don't know if helicopters are the same.

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » May 16th, 2019, 4:54 pm

MaxPower wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Ofcourse, no doubt about that. Its his years of experience saved him.

Dunno why jm3 stupsin like a little kant for as if its a secret.

Lol man chest get red hot one time

mrtrini45
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mrtrini45 » May 19th, 2019, 10:09 am

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/05/18/cop-we-will-improvise/

CoP: We will improvise

Police to rent choppers till they get theirs

COMMISSIONER OF POLICE Gary Griffith said the police would continue to improvise whenever necessary to have air support during police operations.

Griffith expressed a desire for the police to have their own air unit, which would include helicopters and drones for surveillance and searches, and said he will ask the government for the next national budget, but in the meantime, he will continue to use the services of National Helicopter Services Ltd (NHSL) whenever necessary.

He said although the police have a limited air support unit, they will continue to use drones along with renting helicopters from NHSL for much-needed air support. It was revealed yesterday that the police had to call on the state-owned helicopter company as they needed air support to search for eight men who escaped from Golden Grove Prison on Wednesday, and could not get it anywhere else.

Helicopters which were usually used by the Air Guard were said to have been grounded for more than two years, and others which fell under the National Operations Centre were also grounded, except for one, which had only been put back into operation on Thursday.

During the operation, the helicopter, which was occupied by a pilot, a police officer and a prison officer, got into difficulties while searching for the prisoners in the Windy Hill area and had to make a “hard landing” in an open field.

The helicopter was written off. The occupants were unscathed, but sources told Newsday they would remain under observation, although they only suffered minor injuries.

The hard landing prompted questions which eventually revealed that only two out of the ten National Security helicopters that the country owns were in operation.

Questions are also being raised about the hard landing, and what caused the pilot to lose control.

A retiree who worked as a commercial pilot for more than three decades believes the helicopter suffered a failure in the tail rotor, which is used to stabilise the helicopter while in the air. After the rotor failed, the helicopter may have begun to spin, which could have forced the pilot to make a rapid descent.

The former pilot, who also worked for NHSL, said while the company started off in the eighties as the air division of the Ministry of National Security, when its function was part commercial and part national security, in the 90s the company was changed into a more commercial operator. He added that while the company still assisted police in operations in the 90s, it had more to do with offshore support, and the helicopters used to support the police were donated to the air guard, but were subsequently grounded by government because they cost too much to maintain.

The retiree also said it could be possible that the pilot was not prepared to fly in the bushy areas of the forest, being more experienced in transporting passengers offshore

But Griffith denied the speculation, saying the NHSL had done previous several police operations.

“The NHSL has conducted operations with the police before and with great success,” he said. “The helicopter was also well over 500 feet above sea level, so the belief that the helicopter was doing something out of its operational capabilities is false.”

In Parliament yesterday, Couva South MP Rudranath Indarsingh asked an urgent question about which government entity has been officially commissioned to investigate the crash and when the investigation would be completed.

The Prime Minister said the member, and any MP, must know the authority for investigating any such accident would be the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), and described the question about when the investigation would be completed as “facetious.”

He said the investigation will be properly done under the law and he could give no indication of how it would be done.

“And the authority of the CAA will not be usurped,” he added.

Indarsingh asked if the NHSL and its pilot were certified to carry out a law enforcement operation of this nature. Rowley replied that he had no such information and would not try to answer, but if the member filed the question with the appropriate notice a proper answer would be provided.

“But I will not be drawn into making a statement that I do not know the answer to.”

Newsday tried to contact NHSL but officials merely said the matter was being investigated.

Newsday also tried to contact NHSL general manager Nicholas Nothnagel by phone and messages on Facebook Messenger, but to no avail.

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » May 19th, 2019, 10:21 am

VII wrote:
abbow wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
VII wrote:
abbow wrote:
VII wrote:

Cool,saw some large aircraft repaired and re-introduced after severe damage,I guess choppers could be a bit different..

if there is structural damage, hairline cracks etc, it will be best to write off, hairline cracks and/bends with the vibrations from the rotors could cause it to vibrate itself apart...if these Eurocopters used diff materials for their build well then it can possibly have a new lease on life.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 20th, 2019, 6:21 am

hovering, flat flying and turning esp in stiff wind is dangerous for an unexperienced chopper pilot
it looks like there was a tail wind into the tail rotor blades causing loss of tail effectiveness which caused the spin
and he was too low to try and fly forward out of it, no mans land.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 21st, 2019, 3:05 am

^^
Just fix the spinning tingy on top and that helo ready again.

Do helos come in manual and automatic ?

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » May 24th, 2019, 12:58 am

Kinda off topic because I couldn't find the ched, but did they recapture all the prisoners that escaped?

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » May 24th, 2019, 3:14 am

shogun wrote:Kinda off topic because I couldn't find the ched, but did they recapture all the prisoners that escaped?

No
that does not collect revenue they focusing on ticketing motorist presently

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » May 24th, 2019, 5:44 am

hong kong phooey wrote:
shogun wrote:Kinda off topic because I couldn't find the ched, but did they recapture all the prisoners that escaped?

No

Damn. We don't even have enough resources to handle both simultaneously?

justheretoreadthecomments
Street 2NR

Postby justheretoreadthecomments » May 24th, 2019, 6:36 am

shogun wrote:
hong kong phooey wrote:

No

well that one just went over your head... lol

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » May 25th, 2019, 12:11 am

shogun wrote:
hong kong phooey wrote:

No

well that one just went over your head... lol

Yuh sure?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”