Forums

Disgusting: Love & Hip Hop Atlanta CRAPS on T&T With Gov't Blessings

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: Disgusting: Love & Hip Hop Atlanta CRAPS on T&T With Gov't Blessings

Postby zoom rader » May 31st, 2019, 12:49 am

halfbreed_1 wrote:I’ve been on the side lines reading threads for a while and realized there are a bunch of racist ass people on this site. Especially towards black people. Is this the norm for this website?

It seems like every comment zoom rader makes is racist.

There are no mods on here? Or do they allow this type of racism?
What's so racist about a TV show designed for Afro women?

Bro you sounding like the PNM wanting to give me a fake warrant for my arrest to some bogus crime.

https://www.ebony.com/entertainment/is- ... types-119/

The other day on my Twitter feed I saw a snippet of a quote from Mona Scott-Young, executive producer of the Love & Hip Hop reality show franchise on the VH1 network.  Scott-Young is a self-made businesswoman and respected player in the entertainment industry who is widely credited with creating the show. According to various sources posted on the Internet however, L&HH was actually created by a white VH1 executive named Jim Ackerman; it’s inaugural executive production team was comprised of Ackerman, Stefan Springman, Toby Barroud, and Kenny Hull – four white men, plus Scott-Young.
One doesn’t need an MBA to recognize that it’s much easier to market what many perceive as a blatantly racist and misogynistic television show to a black female audience when it’s allegedly been created and produced by an entrepreneurial black woman, rather than white men acting alone. So it’s no surprise that in the latest promotional materials, Scott-Young was given the title “Creator,” while Ackerman was relegated to an executive producer role.
As a spokesperson for the production, Scott-Young has been repeatedly challenged to explain how she, a black woman, could be a purveyor of media that promotes such a negative stereotype of her sisters. The L&HH shows are known for their violence, and their portrayal of black women as manipulative materialists, among other horrific qualities.  Scott-Young recently sat down with MTV’s host Sway Calloway on Rap Fix Live to (again) justify the social relevance of the show, stating: “(They) have every right to tell their stories. I think they’re valid stories, and judging by the numbers, they’re stories that people want to see and hear about.”
As much as I hate to concur, she has a point — but only to a degree.  Since the debut of Love & Hip Hop in 2010 (which was followed by Love & Hip Hop 2 in 2011 and Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta in 2012), the franchise has grown into a ratings monster, consistently pulling in numbers that make it one the five most popular shows on cable TV.  According to Nielsen ratings, Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta is the most watched show among black women in the 18 to 49 age demographic.  It debuted as the highest rated program on VH1 since January 2012, with 3.6 million viewers tuning in weekly to watch a group of black women whose behavior makes NeNe Leakes and her sisteren on Bravo’s The Real Housewives of Atlanta look like candidates for Links membership. Yes, people love their “stories,” but Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta takes ratchetness to an entirely new level.
For a cable network, 3.6 million viewers is a huge audience.  It has garnered a following from a diverse range of socioeconomic groups; there is no arguing that black women from the boardroom to the classroom are captivated by L&HH.  Even women I professionally respect, members of the so called “Black Intelligentsia,” are gleefully tweeting their snarky commentary, week after week.  “Joseline’s a twit.” “Mimi’s a doormat.”  Based on what I’ve seen online, it seems that the main draw of the show is the opportunity to lampoon other women for their dubious relationship and lifestyle choices.  The German’s have a word for this – schadenfreude, which means taking pleasure in someone else’s suffering.  L&HH is an opportunity for us to be entertained and feel morally/intellectually superior all in one shot.
Viewers love to attack the cast members for their antics, but we shouldn’t be angry at them for their “ratchet” behavior. They chose to put their lives on public display and they’re the ones who have to live with the consequences.  We accuse the producers of being parasites for creating these shows, but in a capitalistic society, everyone is allowed to make a buck. Businesswomen like Basketball Wives’creator and executive producer Shaunie O’Neal and Mona Scott-Young are just exploiting their opportunity to make some serious cash at the expense of their own people. We should slam VH1 for airing these shows, but it’s a given that a media conglomerate will do anything for a profit, even if it means setting the Civil Rights and Women’s Rights movements back 200 years. Who is really to blame?
As far as I’m concerned, the reality (pardon the pun) is that the problem isn’t VH1, Mona Scott-Young, Shaunie O’Neal, Evelyn Lozada, or even silly little Stevie J.  Instead of pointing a finger at “the man” or “the system,” we need to look at ourselves – the black women who are actually WATCHING the show.  There are far too many of us who are oh-so-willing to enthusiastically embrace a minstrel show about black women struggling with various levels of economic disempowerment while simultaneously being sexually exploited, and emotionally and physically abused by the men in their lives – all in the name of “entertainment.”  As tragic as the L&HH storylines are, what is sadder is the mindset of its viewers, women who’ve been brainwashed into believing that there is no damage being done to our people.
Jewish Americans would never allow a reality show featuring selfish, whiny “Jewish American Princesses” who love to shop, nag their banker husbands, and guilt trip their yarmulke wearing, dreidel playing children to make it to television.  Chinese Americans would never support a reality show revolving around seductive “Dragon Ladies” who play chess, iron shirts and unravel calculus equations with equal skill while running around in cheongsam dresses.
How is it that this is the “entertainment” we’ve chosen to embrace after so many of our people have died and been imprisoned in the fight to give us racial equality and opportunity for economic advancement?  Why in the world are we helping the networks get rich by using our women as fodder for real-life Blaxpoitation lacking in any sort of artistic or social benefit? I don’t know what it’s going to take to wake us up, but eventually the “Crazy Black Reality Show Chick” will find its place in the destructive pantheon of black female memes, right next to the seemingly immortal “Mammy”, “Jezebel,” “Welfare Queen,” and “Angry Black Woman.”

imangotit08
Ricer

Postby imangotit08 » May 31st, 2019, 5:00 am

zoom rader wrote:
halfbreed_1 wrote:I’ve been on the side lines reading threads for a while and realized there are a bunch of racist ass people on this site. Especially towards black people. Is this the norm for this website?

Bro you sounding like the PNM wanting to give me a fake warrant for my arrest to some bogus crime.

The other day on my Twitter feed I saw a snippet of a quote from Mona Scott-Young, executive producer of the Love & Hip Hop reality show franchise on the VH1 network.  Scott-Young is a self-made businesswoman and respected player in the entertainment industry who is widely credited with creating the show. According to various sources posted on the Internet however, L&HH was actually created by a white VH1 executive named Jim Ackerman; it’s inaugural executive production team was comprised of Ackerman, Stefan Springman, Toby Barroud, and Kenny Hull – four white men, plus Scott-Young.
One doesn’t need an MBA to recognize that it’s much easier to market what many perceive as a blatantly racist and misogynistic television show to a black female audience when it’s allegedly been created and produced by an entrepreneurial black woman, rather than white men acting alone. So it’s no surprise that in the latest promotional materials, Scott-Young was given the title “Creator,” while Ackerman was relegated to an executive producer role.
As a spokesperson for the production, Scott-Young has been repeatedly challenged to explain how she, a black woman, could be a purveyor of media that promotes such a negative stereotype of her sisters. The L&HH shows are known for their violence, and their portrayal of black women as manipulative materialists, among other horrific qualities.  Scott-Young recently sat down with MTV’s host Sway Calloway on Rap Fix Live to (again) justify the social relevance of the show, stating: “(They) have every right to tell their stories. I think they’re valid stories, and judging by the numbers, they’re stories that people want to see and hear about.”
As much as I hate to concur, she has a point — but only to a degree.  Since the debut of Love & Hip Hop in 2010 (which was followed by Love & Hip Hop 2 in 2011 and Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta in 2012), the franchise has grown into a ratings monster, consistently pulling in numbers that make it one the five most popular shows on cable TV.  According to Nielsen ratings, Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta is the most watched show among black women in the 18 to 49 age demographic.  It debuted as the highest rated program on VH1 since January 2012, with 3.6 million viewers tuning in weekly to watch a group of black women whose behavior makes NeNe Leakes and her sisteren on Bravo’s The Real Housewives of Atlanta look like candidates for Links membership. Yes, people love their “stories,” but Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta takes ratchetness to an entirely new level.
For a cable network, 3.6 million viewers is a huge audience.  It has garnered a following from a diverse range of socioeconomic groups; there is no arguing that black women from the boardroom to the classroom are captivated by L&HH.  Even women I professionally respect, members of the so called “Black Intelligentsia,” are gleefully tweeting their snarky commentary, week after week.  “Joseline’s a twit.” “Mimi’s a doormat.”  Based on what I’ve seen online, it seems that the main draw of the show is the opportunity to lampoon other women for their dubious relationship and lifestyle choices.  The German’s have a word for this – schadenfreude, which means taking pleasure in someone else’s suffering.  L&HH is an opportunity for us to be entertained and feel morally/intellectually superior all in one shot.
Viewers love to attack the cast members for their antics, but we shouldn’t be angry at them for their “ratchet” behavior. They chose to put their lives on public display and they’re the ones who have to live with the consequences.  We accuse the producers of being parasites for creating these shows, but in a capitalistic society, everyone is allowed to make a buck. Businesswomen like Basketball Wives’creator and executive producer Shaunie O’Neal and Mona Scott-Young are just exploiting their opportunity to make some serious cash at the expense of their own people. We should slam VH1 for airing these shows, but it’s a given that a media conglomerate will do anything for a profit, even if it means setting the Civil Rights and Women’s Rights movements back 200 years. Who is really to blame?
As far as I’m concerned, the reality (pardon the pun) is that the problem isn’t VH1, Mona Scott-Young, Shaunie O’Neal, Evelyn Lozada, or even silly little Stevie J.  Instead of pointing a finger at “the man” or “the system,” we need to look at ourselves – the black women who are actually WATCHING the show.  There are far too many of us who are oh-so-willing to enthusiastically embrace a minstrel show about black women struggling with various levels of economic disempowerment while simultaneously being sexually exploited, and emotionally and physically abused by the men in their lives – all in the name of “entertainment.”  As tragic as the L&HH storylines are, what is sadder is the mindset of its viewers, women who’ve been brainwashed into believing that there is no damage being done to our people.
Jewish Americans would never allow a reality show featuring selfish, whiny “Jewish American Princesses” who love to shop, nag their banker husbands, and guilt trip their yarmulke wearing, dreidel playing children to make it to television.  Chinese Americans would never support a reality show revolving around seductive “Dragon Ladies” who play chess, iron shirts and unravel calculus equations with equal skill while running around in cheongsam dresses.
How is it that this is the “entertainment” we’ve chosen to embrace after so many of our people have died and been imprisoned in the fight to give us racial equality and opportunity for economic advancement?  Why in the world are we helping the networks get rich by using our women as fodder for real-life Blaxpoitation lacking in any sort of artistic or social benefit? I don’t know what it’s going to take to wake us up, but eventually the “Crazy Black Reality Show Chick” will find its place in the destructive pantheon of black female memes, right next to the seemingly immortal “Mammy”, “Jezebel,” “Welfare Queen,” and “Angry Black Woman.”
Bro, we get it that the show is ratchet, but he's speaking about 'your' comments.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 31st, 2019, 6:18 am

imangotit08 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Bro, we get it that the show is ratchet, but he's speaking about 'your' comments.

Then he needs to state which comments and I will review it.

The guy said every comments, so all my comments are racist

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 31st, 2019, 7:26 am

I tried to watch a re-run of that show and did not make it past the first 15 minutes.

It is rachet to the core.

I am ashamed for my country.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 31st, 2019, 7:30 am

Lou Screuz wrote:This should not be allowed into the consciousness of the youth. People like those in the video should be ridiculed and avoided.

This is mental poison

Amen, brother. QFT.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 31st, 2019, 7:34 am

maj. tom wrote:OP if you didn't post this, nobody would know about it. And nobody cares. This literally affects nobody in this country. Nobody who paying for FLOW or Digicel cable watching this. You really care? This is what you have going on in your life bro? And of all the things this PNM government did/doing, this is what you're going to highlight?

What's next on your facebook feed? Keep us updated.

Stop getting your PNM panties in a bunch.

Take off your balisier underpants and try to be objective for a moment.

This show is representing T&T to the world. I have never seen or heard about it before. However, when I saw the promo for T&T, I was totally taken aback by what was portrayed.

Taxpayers money went into this production. Do not forget that.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 31st, 2019, 8:11 am

bluefete wrote:
maj. tom wrote:OP if you didn't post this, nobody would know about it. And nobody cares. This literally affects nobody in this country. Nobody who paying for FLOW or Digicel cable watching this. You really care? This is what you have going on in your life bro? And of all the things this PNM government did/doing, this is what you're going to highlight?

This show is representing T&T to the world. I have never seen or heard about it before. However, when I saw the promo for T&T, I was totally taken aback by what was portrayed.

Here's some perspective
Close to USD $2M of tax payers resources was spent on a stuttering minister of communication that to date is yet to communicate anything directly to the population to treat a medical condition in the US that has successfully been treated here for years now (& your PM was actually in vehement defense of said expenditure & openly said such btw), while the parents of a child needing surgery costing TTD $500K to rectify a coronary condition has to literally beg for aid and only to be told they can only get the maximum limit of a paltry TTD $60K and they wind uo having to resort to make up the difference by selling everything they own, having bbq fund raisers & literally begging the public for help.

Do not forget that.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 31st, 2019, 8:17 am

^^^ told you all weave have to sell. Big businesses ppl involve here. It was not only a PNM decision to fund this program.

But a man on here say i racist

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 31st, 2019, 8:34 am

zoom rader wrote:^^^ told you all weave have to sell. Big businesses ppl involve here. It was not only a PNM decision to fund this program.

Son, weave selling like hot hops long before this show without a drop in sales or prices, & will continue to do so while that kaka being produced & long after it collapses.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 31st, 2019, 8:52 am

88sins wrote:
zoom rader wrote:^^^ told you all weave have to sell. Big businesses ppl involve here. It was not only a PNM decision to fund this program.

Son, weave selling like hot hops long before this show without a drop in sales or prices, & will continue to do so while that kaka being produced & long after it collapses.
Man say I racist while India supplies the world with Brazilian weave.

All dem afro chicks have injun in dem

Integration in all yuh MC

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 31st, 2019, 9:15 am

bluefete wrote:Stop getting your PNM panties in a bunch.

I am one of the least supporters of the PNM, so I don't know where you getting that from. And I watched the clip on VH1. It's crazy nonsense, but I don't see TT portrayed wrongly in it. The characters are absolute clowns... but this is what I was saying, nobody cares. You're only making an issue of this because you're idle. This money was already allocated to Ministry of Tourism, and they thought that would let people know in USA that Trinidad exists, and it can be a holiday destination other than Jamaica and Barbados. I wish it was another show with more substance, but it's done. Nobody here will watch that show. It's a reality show aimed at a certain audience, age group in USA. I couldn't even understand what most of the women were saying. They found a monkey in a tree on a nature trail... I don't know.

What I found annoying is that this is such a trivial matter, I don't know if it truly counts as a waste of taxpayers money considering the portfolio of the Ministry of Tourism. Perhaps somewhere in Atlanta this show made a few people decide to visit Trinidad. I was annoyed that you could not find anything else of the hundreds of nasty corrupt, blatantly lying in people's faces schemes of the PNM to highlight. Because nobody cares about this! This is one of the stupidest things to be outraged about. In the Newsday article, the Minister outlined how the money was spent (local jobs in transportation, security and food $150,000), showing international producers that TT is a filming location and gave local film people some experience in the business. No money was spent on the show, or on transport to bring them to TT. It was carnival and they called the show and said come and see what we have to offer. The money could have been spent on many other different pressing issues, but this was about Tourism, and again, I didn't see TT portrayed negatively in that clip on VH1. Just because you don't like the show you have to make an issue like this because you have nothing else going on in your life.

And I noticed the line of people who got behind you under the guise of "this is a waste of money" to hide their distaste of the demographics of such a show and the underlying tones of racism... but not quite exposed like that. I don't have a problem with people's freedom of speech. Everything that every government does is a waste of money in the opinion to someone somewhere. Some people here don't agree on building the highway, or POSGH. Last government some people didn't agree on the Couva hospital. Bluefete, the point I was making is that there are better things to be outraged against.

P.S. you all are very clueless if you think $150,000 TT is anything in a day of Hollywood production. I don't even think you can afford meals and water for the crew for 1 day with that money, especially since it would be outside the TMZ or local US studio zone. Our taxpayers money went to local jobs and I fully support that action.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » May 31st, 2019, 10:20 am

Redress10 wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
Redress10 wrote:UNC looking people does only invite the cream of the crop. Shah Rukh Khan or someone of similar ilk.

PNM looking people have to settle for the Cardi B's and Love and Hip Hop crew to further negatively influence them and make our country look even worst. Yuh mind is ur own worst enemy.

Our taxpaying dollars used to host these people and trinis proud to say they see trinidad on love and hip hop.

Sad

How would you describe a UNC-looking person or a PNM-looking person? I swear, a little internet connection coupled with anonymity and some of you have a field day with racism. Racist people and/or race-baiters are lower than the scum of the earth, yes.

So after 50+ years you need me to explain how a typical UNC/PNM supporter does look? Howcome foreign political strategists who work here for elections could tell you what a typical Unc/pnm supporter looks like. Howcome Cambridge Analytica knew but you, who I assume live here all ya life don't know?

Ppl like you is what's wrong with the country. Convenient hypocrites who like to pretend not to know.

If Kamla and her posse had bought these same people here there would have been uproar. She would have been accused of stereotyping and trying to mislead impressionable minds.

Lol, seems like I hit a nerve. You know why there would have been an uproar? Because again, people like you continue to perpetuate the division between the races and what not. If there are no racist fish, who will be there to take the race-bait? Here's an experiment since you seem to be educated. Take a glass of pipe water and a multimeter. Set the multimeter to continuity and dip both probes in the water. Record the results. Then, add three tablespoons of salt to the water, stir the water and dip the the probes into the water. Record results again. Trinidadians need to be like the glass of fresh water when racism is spewed...don't conduct it or allow it to flow. Instead we choose to be the glass of salt water and allow the racism that comes wherever it comes from to propagate.

Btw, I've seen (a lot of) Indo-Trinis in PNM garb and (a lot of) Afro-Trinis in UNC garb, so your logic is skewed. But keep going. Your racist petticoat is showing. Put your actual picture as your avatar and keep pushing that racist sh*t nah. But again, anonymity and and internet connection and poof. People like me are what's wrong with the country but people like you refuse to acknowledge your dougla grandchild. Ok then.

:drinking: it's tea..I promise.

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » May 31st, 2019, 11:15 am

hondablood wrote:who watches that toots ?
Ent? Bunch a trifling b1tches

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » May 31st, 2019, 11:16 am

Redress10 wrote:Imagine brining some of the nastiest ghettoest ppl from Atlanta and taking them to so called "posh" spots such as Hyatt and crews inn and ths people denigrating and looking down at these places.

Trinis fail to realise that those ppl are their country's equivalent to the ones we have living in Sea Lots and Beetham(mentality, lifestyle). Could you imagine another country rolling out the welcome wagon for Burks and his crew?

Imagine having official government employees giving these people a vip welcome. Imagine TIDCO funding these same people with taxpayers money.

Imagine the sort of people that trinis seek validation from outside of Trinidad.

At this point it safe to say that we living in imaginary land.
Which is why Trinidad is a big fackin joke

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 31st, 2019, 11:26 am

ek4ever wrote:
hondablood wrote:who watches that toots ?
Ent? Bunch a trifling b1tches
Becareful a tuner will say your are racist and targeting one race of people.

whiteliver
Street 2NR

Postby whiteliver » May 31st, 2019, 6:03 pm

bluefete wrote:

How is a bumch of ppl visiting a country a representation of that country? The cast also visited England,Dubai, mexico among others with their same ratchet behavior, i guess by your reasoning these countries are shitholes to. GTFO with yuh dunce self. Oh and i knew there were some tuners racist towards black ppl but WOW...

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » May 31st, 2019, 6:28 pm

The cast may have visited those countries but I am sure that no taxpayers' money was spent whatsoever on hosting them.

Also none of the cast mates are from those countries. One of the castmates have roots in trinidad so her behaviour/their behaviour also reflect on us due to her familiarity with the country. Not to mention it was a showcase TT episode as well.

We spent money to host ppl from a show that most americans consider trashy and ghetto. So basically our tourism strategy involves attracting people who are "ghetto" and trashy as well. That is what the show portrays and that is what they use to attract viewers. Yet somebody used state funds and official state policy to host these very people because we think so lowly of ourselves and our place in the world.

We begging for validation from Love and Hip Hop only to be snubbed. No amount of ratchet behaviour could ever taint Dubai, Mexico and of all places london. Those countries are not black countries and are internationally known. Our country is a black/brown country that is already viewed as lawless and backward state.

My gripe os with them validating attitudes such as Love and Hip Hop when some of our black women/men are already in desperate need of proper role models and guidance.

whiteliver
Street 2NR

Postby whiteliver » June 1st, 2019, 12:20 am

Redress10 wrote:The cast may have visited those countries but I am sure that no taxpayers' money was spent whatsoever on hosting them.

Also none of the cast mates are from those countries. One of the castmates have roots in trinidad so her behaviour/their behaviour also reflect on us due to her familiarity with the country. Not to mention it was a showcase TT episode as well.

We spent money to host ppl from a show that most americans consider trashy and ghetto. So basically our tourism strategy involves attracting people who are "ghetto" and trashy as well. That is what the show portrays and that is what they use to attract viewers. Yet somebody used state funds and official state policy to host these very people because we think so lowly of ourselves and our place in the world.

We begging for validation from Love and Hip Hop only to be snubbed. No amount of ratchet behaviour could ever taint Dubai, Mexico and of all places london. Those countries are not black countries and are internationally known. Our country is a black/brown country that is already viewed as lawless and backward state.

My gripe os with them validating attitudes such as Love and Hip Hop when some of our black women/men are already in desperate need of proper role models and guidance.

sooo one cast mender with roots in trinidad has erased what Brin Lara, Gearge Bovell, Billy Ocean, Dwight Yorke,
Janelle Commissiong, Wendy Fitzwilliam, Keshorn Walcott, Robbie Greenidge just to name a few has done for our country.... really????? Stop with the self hate bro. Tax payers dollars was also spent to bring Barack Obama among others guess that's out the window. Love and hip hop is showing about two hrs of footage of various parts of trini, about quarter is ratchetness...... Trinidad is screwed ......

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » June 1st, 2019, 3:31 pm

Trinis shouldn't be upset over this.

I mean, sure you can get upset over the money part, but here is the thing.

The Oxford dictionary defines Toilet as "A fixed receptacle into which a person may urinate or defecate, typically consisting of a large bowl connected to a system for flushing away the waste into a sewer."

Coincidentally, Trinidad fits this exact same description, so if anybody use it as a toilet, it is just serving its purpose.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » June 1st, 2019, 4:19 pm

Can someone condense this story into a more educated version?

Don't use names, just use A,B,C X,YZ etc

Please and thanks <3

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » June 1st, 2019, 4:30 pm

Anyone really surprised this govt spend money on ghetto marketing? Look who running the country

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 1st, 2019, 5:31 pm

It have PNM ppl that support this low class crap.

Men in here saying it's good bussines and will boost tourism.

Just how PNM allowed a convicted drug dealer to perform . These same men say thanks to buju for good bussiness.

One clown called me racist and reported me to the mods cause I commended on the kind of people that watch and support this rubbish

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 1st, 2019, 6:13 pm

never watched an episode of this show so i lost ....

eurotuner
12 pounds of Boost

Postby eurotuner » June 1st, 2019, 6:23 pm

They're more beta-males than they're racist, if you see some of them in person, you'd laugh, they need this site :lol:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 1st, 2019, 6:40 pm

eurotuner wrote:

They're more beta-males than they're racist, if you see some of them in person, you'd laugh, they need this site
You taking that chain up,

Half breed is proven to be a fraud

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » June 2nd, 2019, 6:32 am

For once, I actually agree with ZR, man hitting some hard truths there

that show is ghetto trash, we really don't need that, ever see a high end brand resort to trash advertising? If we want to be better than that we shoudl try and look the part

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 2nd, 2019, 8:59 am

ismithx wrote:For once, I actually agree with ZR, man hitting some hard truths there

that show is ghetto trash, we really don't need that, ever see a high end brand resort to trash advertising? If we want to be better than that we shoudl try and look the part
The show is a big hit among the Trini female Afro groups. I have family members working with them and all they talk about is who wearing good weave/wig , make up and shoes. It's not a ghetto show to them as upper to lower afros watch the show.

The other show they watch is ballers wives, which is more up market but same ghetto behaviour

Weave have to sell

brainchild
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby brainchild » June 3rd, 2019, 11:41 am

Where tourism marketing is concerned, the point is to attract everyone...lower, middle, upper, ghetto, posh, gay the list goes on. So whether the show appeals to you or not, I'm pretty sure it reached its intended audience. So let the ppl come n spend their money, let dem bring shitty sheets, weave whatever. The US have shown us their worst over the years n is still a long line by the embassy every day, they don't care what attracted us, just that we came n spent our money.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » June 3rd, 2019, 1:24 pm

brainchild wrote:Where tourism marketing is concerned, the point is to attract everyone...lower, middle, upper, ghetto, posh, gay the list goes on. So whether the show appeals to you or not, I'm pretty sure it reached its intended audience. So let the ppl come n spend their money, let dem bring shitty sheets, weave whatever. The US have shown us their worst over the years n is still a long line by the embassy every day, they don't care what attracted us, just that we came n spent our money.

The low class fan base that this appeals to don't have any extra cash to go on a holiday anyway....

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 3rd, 2019, 1:30 pm

Gladiator wrote:
brainchild wrote:Where tourism marketing is concerned, the point is to attract everyone...lower, middle, upper, ghetto, posh, gay the list goes on. So whether the show appeals to you or not, I'm pretty sure it reached its intended audience. So let the ppl come n spend their money, let dem bring shitty sheets, weave whatever. The US have shown us their worst over the years n is still a long line by the embassy every day, they don't care what attracted us, just that we came n spent our money.

The low class fan base that this appeals to don't have any extra cash to go on a holiday anyway....
Actually a wide range of afro females follow this show. From the educated to street chic they watch this show.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”