Forums

Carpentry, Joinery and woodworking Forum

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Carpentry, Joinery and woodworking Forum

Postby Rovin » June 8th, 2019, 2:32 pm

^^^good buy - make sure u get good blades for it which makes all d difference in d world , got 1 about 5yrs now , its way better than them cheaper $2000 price range models but i wud love to upgrade it to a professional cabinet saw which expensive like dattt .....

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 8th, 2019, 2:50 pm

fantastic table saw, I have the 748 a few years now with the rolling stand which is super convenient.
Yours has wider capacity.
A seller on ebay had them along with the planers on sale the other day a couple hundred cheaper than normal.

As Rovin say, get a couple good freud diablo blades, one for cross cut and another for rip
Dont was time buying a combo blade.

Always check the wood for sand and grit, it can scratch the teflon surface.
Get a good square to calibrate the angle and also the fence.
the fence could be out of square relative to the blade.

I would highly suggest a dust collection system too,
esp with the good quality blades, they cut the wood into fine particles for cleaner cuts.
I use a 12gal shopvac with oneida dust deputy cyclone.

The dust deputy by itself is only $55usd, you need to get the approriate hoses to fit whatever vacuum you are using
plus to fit the table saw etc which tend to be larger size.

If you can afford better to get a 12gal size shopvac as those hoses are the right bigger size to fit most woodwork equipment dust ports.

I can post a pic of my dust setup if you want.
Last edited by pugboy on June 8th, 2019, 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 8th, 2019, 2:53 pm

my jointer is a rigid, bought it second here on tuner actually.
it is pretty much similar to all the others in that 6" class
cast iron beds etc.

I have a dewalt 735 planer too
there is a way to make a sled to mount uneven wood to then run it through the planer to act as a jointer.

Rovin wrote:^^^better u pay to get it done right with a machine than killin out urself , u cud hire a saw mill or woodworker to machine it

pugboy wa kina jointer u ha dey ?

jointer , thickness planer , drum sander , bandsaw is next on my hoping to buy list

it eh not no small $ cause i eh wanna go el cheapo route then regret not buying better ....

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » June 8th, 2019, 3:06 pm

I had my eye on the Oneida cyclone as well, read great reviews on the performance of it. The included blade has a pretty thin kerf, so I am pleased to see that.

Thanks for the pointers, will keep them in mind!

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » June 8th, 2019, 3:08 pm

This portable jobsite table saw head-to-head includes 8 saws from; Bosch, Delta, DEWALT, Hitachi, Makita, Ridgid, SawStop and Skilsaw. Originally, we had also to include Ryobi as a budget friendly option for DIY’ers or guys just starting in the trades. However, we were not able to adapt that saw to our testing rigs so we pulled it from the testing (you may see some photos with the saw but again we’re not including it in the results).
•Bosch Model 4100-09 10 In. Worksite Table Saw with Gravity-Rise™ Wheeled Stand
•Delta Model 36-6022 Portable Table Saw with Stand
•DEWALT Model DWE7491RS 10″ Jobsite Table Saw 32 – 1/2″ Rip Capacity, and a Rolling Stand
•Hitachi Model C10RJ 10″ Jobsite Table Saw w Fold Roll Stand
•Makita Model 2705X1 10” Contractor Table Saw with Portable Stand
•Ridgid Model R4513 Heavy Duty 10 in. Portable Table Saw With Stand
•SawStop Model JSS-MCA Jobsite Table Saw
•Skilsaw Model SPT99-12 10″ Heavy Duty Worm Drive Table Saw

https://www.toolboxbuzz.com/head-to-head/best-portable-jobsite-table-saw-head-to-head/

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 8th, 2019, 3:21 pm

^^^saw that video a while back

freud saw blades [cuts like butter] & bits is 1 of d best things i ever bought , makes whatever u previous own feel like crap

while doing research everybody who has a 6" jointer wished they had gotten a 8" so thats what i going for , i dont wanna go down d i shuda put a lil more & gotten d better 1 route

good advice on taking d time to set up ur tablesaw properly , strongly advise making a support table around it to cut ply or mdf sheets though u shud 1st break it down with a circular saw then re-cut exactly with table saw

that sled on tablesaw is technically not "jointing" but more of an "edge straightener" , still need a jointer to flatten d broad side

i myself bought a dust deputy few wks ago , havent tried it yet

almost done finishing up a dedicated router table , next step is mitersaw station , fed up with resting saw on worktable & using blocks of wood to prop up lengths of wood on either side

gotten lazy doing stuff but i in process of arranging my workshop properly ....

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 8th, 2019, 3:37 pm

3stagevtec wrote:I had my eye on the Oneida cyclone as well, read great reviews on the performance of it. The included blade has a pretty thin kerf, so I am pleased to see that.

as u now come een d dance u will find that blade good & it is fairly good but trust me : get freud , night\day difference

is like cutting with a dull knife to a surgical knife ...

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 8th, 2019, 9:32 pm

What local brand wood glue do you all use to make flat surfaces like table tops? And where can I get the long clamps to clamp wood together about 3 to 4ft wide

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » June 8th, 2019, 9:50 pm

Evo Stik good, Titebond better, epoxy best.

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » June 8th, 2019, 9:58 pm

The last post on this thread was 28/09/18 before I asked for a joiner to make a table but to date not even one respond from the good ole tuners....

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 9th, 2019, 8:09 am

Boy a table like that is more along the lines of a dedicated custom shop
Not part time hobbyists

There is a shop in petit valley who I know may be able, they make custom doors etc.
I can get contact for you if you want.

telfer wrote:The last post on this thread was 28/09/18 before I asked for a joiner to make a table but to date not even one respond from the good ole tuners....

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 9th, 2019, 8:14 am

rspann wrote:Evo Stik good, Titebond better, epoxy best.
I never come across the titebond locally in the few places I look, because I see it used on YouTube all the time

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 9th, 2019, 8:22 am

I always use the Franklin Titebond. Bhagwansingh's and Allied Home Center and they have a range of products, so check the Titebond website before going to know what to buy. I have also used Elmer's wood glue and it's good.

Those local made glues get brittle and fall apart in 20 years, but I want to believe that the locally applied chemistry technology and processes have improved in that time. Still I don't trust the local stuff.

INDAVID WORKSHOP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby INDAVID WORKSHOP » June 9th, 2019, 10:07 am

Good topic, I do mostly hobby projects

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 9th, 2019, 1:01 pm

modern pva glues are way better than the old stuff that gets brittle and flakes

titebond is top notch, I use titebond 3 for cutting boards and it is water proof food safe
evo stik white wood glue not bad either for dry applications but gets soft in wet

if you want some titebond 3 let me know, I bought a gallon a year ago and have plenty left

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 9th, 2019, 1:06 pm

when you try cutting purpleheart or mora you does realize how crappy the stock blade is

Rovin wrote:
3stagevtec wrote:I had my eye on the Oneida cyclone as well, read great reviews on the performance of it. The included blade has a pretty thin kerf, so I am pleased to see that.

as u now come een d dance u will find that blade good & it is fairly good but trust me : get freud , night\day difference

is like cutting with a dull knife to a surgical knife ...

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » June 9th, 2019, 1:13 pm

3stagevtec wrote:Image

Picked up this bad boy yesterday.. Can't wait to put it to some use. Have a suspended bed I want to build for my son.

I have this same saw. Works well. Thing pulls 15 amps and trips breaker with full load if you have anything else connected to the same wiring.

Bought a diablo blade and still have it in the sealed pack 4 years now because it looks too nice to put it to use.

Made my dust collection from a 5 gallon bucket. Not as good as a proper dust collection but 95% of the wood chips remains in the bucket and the other 5 in the vacuum. That’s good enough for me.

The guy that saving for the 8” jointer. When u get it, you’ll tell yourself I should have saved a bit more and get a 12”.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 9th, 2019, 5:53 pm

^^^ lol ent , always gonna see something better than what u have or mostly what u can realistically afford

if $$$ is not object i'd order every damn ting off here http://www.powermatic.com/us/en/home/

this guy imo is 1 of d best on youtube & wud love to have a shop like his own with all that stuff & space ...

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 9th, 2019, 6:07 pm

my diablo blade sat for 3wks b4 i used it & i cuda kicked myself for not getting it so long ago , cuts so damn clean & effortlessly , 1st time u dont heard that annoying saw blade sound that other typical blades make ... used dewalts blades for yrsss & i tort that was d shizzle but frued makes D look like a beginner , i heard of other blades like ridge carbide & forrest that ppl say are even better than freud but are wayyy more pricier

gonna also do d 5 gal bucket dust deputy thing that youtubers do too

in every youtube video it seems like everybody in d usa uses titebond 1\2\3 glues , kinda hard to find here & only in lil expensive bottles so few wks ago when i brought some stuff in i bought 2 gallons of titebond 2 to try out & see whats its all about , was gonna try d 3 but its pricey , type 2 will work for my needs for now though

my next immediate buy is some digital measuring gauges cause i need that precision & less trial\error\yea that will do ....

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 10th, 2019, 9:19 am

Youtube is good yes. So I used the straight edge from a new sheet of mdf and ran a flush edge trimmer bit on my router .Heres the trick though to secure the wood to the mdf for routing.
run a strip of masking tape on both surfaces and take a blunt object and press it in firmly.Then put some drops of super glue on the masking tape and line up the two surfaces where you want them.Let it set for a few minutes and it is securely fastened together enough to withstand the force of a router.When you done, masking tape comes off and no mess or clamps to work around.
My joining edges are now dead straight. Thanks pugboy for the offer though.
With a new sheet of mdf you can get an 8 foot length of straight edge. They are laser cut

INDAVID WORKSHOP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby INDAVID WORKSHOP » June 10th, 2019, 10:21 am

Kronik wrote:What local brand wood glue do you all use to make flat surfaces like table tops? And where can I get the long clamps to clamp wood together about 3 to 4ft wide

https://www.amazon.com/Bessey-BPC-H34-4 ... 196&sr=8-1

These only require you to buy 3/4" pipe and cut to any length you need.

I have a pipe treading unit if you need help in setting it up.

claries
Street 2NR

Postby claries » June 10th, 2019, 10:45 am

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » June 10th, 2019, 11:31 am

Also , can anybody recommend where I can get a good joinery blade for my table saw? 10 inch blade I believe.The blade it came with is not cutting evenly.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 10th, 2019, 5:06 pm

^^^ amazon some freud blades , locally doesnt really have anything much besides dewalt

been using d 8ft factory edge of mdf for ripping mdf\ply longways for yrss , however for cross cutting mdf\ply i have always used a 4ft level with clamps

recently brought down a dozen each of d 3\4 bessy pipe clamps & 24" & 4ft HD black pipe , 18" & 24" bessy F style clamps , 6" & 12" dewalt F style , spring clamps & 8 12" husky quick release clamps .... all from amazon & some from HD that has a few nice 4 piece combo deals like d dewalt & husky

its not overkill - they get used depending on d project , i also own some craftsman 36" & 48" quick clamps i bought over 10yrs ago thats still serves me well

my next clamp buy will be bessy parallel clamps , its not cheap but i need them for some upcoming projects

steve ramsey is a nice guy & i do watch his vids but they are more in d beginner\diy\home level

i more like to watch d pros like mike farrington i posted above , jon peters , wood whisperer , kings fine wood working , next level carpentry ... stumpy nubs imo gives d best technical advice

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 10th, 2019, 5:35 pm

dunno why d hell my pic wont upload thru tuner but click on link https://ibb.co/c2DR29n to view my tablesaw set up [dewalt 7480]

at base of d stand i sometimes store my WEN 4x24 belt sander & in d pic my saw is blocking from view : a craftsman 10" miter saw also stored at d bottom of d stand

on top left of stand is where i had a makita 3hp router bolted from underneath d table top .... just finished making a dedicated router table so router will be removed from this table saw stand

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 10th, 2019, 8:13 pm

amazon

Crosscut blade
https://www.amazon.com/Freud-Finish-Cro ... 98&sr=8-15

Rip blade
https://www.amazon.com/Freud-Thin-Kerf- ... Caps%2C198

Make sure your fence aligned properly and you need good technique
keep constant side pressure to the fence just ahead of the blade and direct forward push on the piece
want the piece that has been cut and past the last edge of the blade to still be kept parallel to the fence all the way out

you want to avoid the piece being pushed diagonally against the blade or fence
and well of course you need a straight edge on the material to begin with.

timelapse wrote:Also , can anybody recommend where I can get a good joinery blade for my table saw? 10 inch blade I believe.The blade it came with is not cutting evenly.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » June 10th, 2019, 8:16 pm

Rovin wrote:dunno why d hell my pic wont upload thru tuner but click on link https://ibb.co/c2DR29n to view my tablesaw set up [dewalt 7480]

at base of d stand i sometimes store my WEN 4x24 belt sander & in d pic my saw is blocking from view : a craftsman 10" miter saw also stored at d bottom of d stand

on top left of stand is where i had a makita 3hp router bolted from underneath d table top .... just finished making a dedicated router table so router will be removed from this table saw stand

This is a best setup especially if you have space.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Carpentry, Joinery and woodworking Forum

Postby car » June 10th, 2019, 8:20 pm

Table saw and clamp rack setup. ImageImageImage

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 10th, 2019, 8:23 pm

clean shop and nice red bedsheet

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE