this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Building a house in Trinidad

Postby telfer » June 11th, 2019, 7:20 am

Kronik wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:ah come in here for some guidance

i.e: building of kitchen cupboards(recommend some1, or some people or reputable businesses please)
I think it's roopnarine I see selling complete kitchen units for around 20k

Lol yea right their kitchens prices a about 45 - 60k

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » June 11th, 2019, 7:40 am

Correct, that “20k” is just for 1 row of cupboards/cabinets or the really cheap looking white stuff.
A half kitchen with the nicer design is around 40k
And fulllllll kitchen with island etc. is around 80k.
telfer wrote:
Kronik wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:ah come in here for some guidance

i.e: building of kitchen cupboards(recommend some1, or some people or reputable businesses please)
I think it's roopnarine I see selling complete kitchen units for around 20k

Lol yea right their kitchens prices a about 45 - 60k

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 11th, 2019, 7:54 am

Young Sing units are not bad for the price and you have option to paint/finish them yourself
either way its important to have a competent installer to make sure installed neat,tight and level
walls, base etc square as possible.

I prefer to cast a good level concrete base and do away with the hollow base premade units tend to come with
use spray expanding foam to seal off all the crevices to prevent critters moving in.

Youngsing also has units made of pvc which is good for under sink unit.

last time i checked a decent budget is around $1000-1500/sq ft counter space for cupboards top and bottom
not incl whatever counter you go with.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 11th, 2019, 10:19 am

https://www.facebook.com/sivicinteriors ... kxF6IqDFW6

anybody ever deal with these people

heard mixed reviews from customers about roopnarine
Last edited by shake d livin wake d dead on June 11th, 2019, 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

innocent criminal
Street 2NR

Postby innocent criminal » June 11th, 2019, 11:16 am

Anybody have experience designing and construction a home on a hill?

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 11th, 2019, 11:37 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:https://www.facebook.com/sivicinteriors/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARB8QXimpOWv8BHVRiL5WdgjNk0_ZPPAQqjcrTbarR-VrOiuNwCT1YnK8m22LS2_mkRAeVkxF6IqDFW6

I did go in their showroom and check out the units, some real nice units, heard the prices and cross them off the list. They also offer to come and install everything as well though.

Arkall trading has some nice stuff for when you doing the kitchen, don't think they have readymade units

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » June 11th, 2019, 12:13 pm

innocent criminal wrote:Anybody have experience designing and construction a home on a hill?

Assuming that the house is on the side of the hill, you will need a structural engineer.

If you plan to build something with two or more levels to take advantage of the view, your best bet is to hire an architect. The architect will bring in civil and structural engineers to address foundation design, earthquake survivability, drainage, grading, and lot placement.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 11th, 2019, 12:24 pm

Kronik wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:https://www.facebook.com/sivicinteriors/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARB8QXimpOWv8BHVRiL5WdgjNk0_ZPPAQqjcrTbarR-VrOiuNwCT1YnK8m22LS2_mkRAeVkxF6IqDFW6

I did go in their showroom and check out the units, some real nice units, heard the prices and cross them off the list. They also offer to come and install everything as well though.

Arkall trading has some nice stuff for when you doing the kitchen, don't think they have readymade units

ok cool, I'd look into them, kinda trying to avoid the run around thing from plenty ah dem so called "carpenters" these days

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » June 12th, 2019, 11:15 am

So what's the deal with those l.e.d. downlighters now?? They work excellent when installed but after a while the start blinking...tried different brands and same issue...thought it was my wiring so got a different electrician to come check it ...everything good...don't know what to do now...maybe I can go back to the traditional type where I can screw up l.e.d. bulbs...views, ideas, criticisms welcomed

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 12th, 2019, 11:27 am

you used new and compatible dimmer switches? Remember it's a hardware program in the IC chip that controls the LED.
https://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/artic ... atibility/

Beyond that there's LED power supplies to supply a cleaner current to the LED outputs without flicker. Did your electrician mention stuff like this?
Last edited by maj. tom on June 12th, 2019, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » June 12th, 2019, 11:31 am

Jerry84 wrote:So what's the deal with those l.e.d. downlighters now?? They work excellent when installed but after a while the start blinking...tried different brands and same issue...thought it was my wiring so got a different electrician to come check it ...everything good...don't know what to do now...maybe I can go back to the traditional type where I can screw up l.e.d. bulbs...views, ideas, criticisms welcomed
Cheap thing no good, good thing no cheap...... I'm using LED downlighters in an open garage approx 5 years now. No problems.

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » June 12th, 2019, 11:35 am

Not that I can remember....he just told me it a the type of lights
maj. tom wrote:you used new and compatible dimmer switches? Remember it's a hardware program in the IC chip that controls the LED.
https://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/artic ... atibility/

Beyond that there's LED power supplies to supply a cleaner current to the LED outputs without flicker. Did your electrician mention stuff like this?

Jerry84
Trinituner Peong

Postby Jerry84 » June 12th, 2019, 11:38 am

The brand I have now is Westinghouse...had other brands before can't recall the names...but bought some more costly ones at a light house by Pasea rd....And I'm now getting cuss from my mother about those as well...they blinking as well...can anyone suggest what brand I should purchase and where
wing wrote:
Jerry84 wrote:So what's the deal with those l.e.d. downlighters now?? They work excellent when installed but after a while the start blinking...tried different brands and same issue...thought it was my wiring so got a different electrician to come check it ...everything good...don't know what to do now...maybe I can go back to the traditional type where I can screw up l.e.d. bulbs...views, ideas, criticisms welcomed
Cheap thing no good, good thing no cheap...... I'm using LED downlighters in an open garage approx 5 years now. No problems.

telfer
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby telfer » June 12th, 2019, 11:51 am

I bought GEL from the light house no issues so far

onyx
3NE 2NR for life

Postby onyx » June 23rd, 2019, 5:33 pm

Hey tunerz, I am presently awaiting the deed for land which was recently puchased, in the interim can anyone advise on the average cost to build a two storey house?

Also do you have any contact for persons who do building plans.

Thanks

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » June 23rd, 2019, 7:42 pm

onyx wrote:Hey tunerz, I am presently awaiting the deed for land which was recently puchased, in the interim can anyone advise on the average cost to build a two storey house?

Also do you have any contact for persons who do building plans.

Thanks
This was discussed at length earlier in this thread and most recently in or around December.

Costs should be expected to be in the range of $800 to $900 per sq ft., depending on your design and finishes. A medium sized home is about 1800 sq ft.

High level finishes and upscale amenities will cost upwards of $1500 per sq ft.

Unrendered block walls and corrugated galvanized sheeting for the roof is much less.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 25th, 2019, 9:35 pm

For who needImage

QuietGiant
3NE 2NR for life

Postby QuietGiant » June 26th, 2019, 5:04 pm

Anyone interested in buying one lot of land in freeport?

It's on a hill (so no worries about flooding/cesspit issues.)
The back and side are already fenced, just need to fence the 2 remaining sides.
Only maintenance it needs is the grass needs to cut, the land is already flat but no other issues.
(not town and country approved)

Calling $350, 000. for it, you'll get all papers/documents with it.

Reason for sale is i was planning on living close to family up there but they passed on. I moved up north by my last remaining family so i'm trying to get it sold to work on a house up here. Anyone?

demented
Riding on 17's

Postby demented » June 27th, 2019, 2:47 pm

QuietGiant wrote:Anyone interested in buying one lot of land in freeport?

It's on a hill (so no worries about flooding/cesspit issues.)
The back and side are already fenced, just need to fence the 2 remaining sides.
Only maintenance it needs is the grass needs to cut, the land is already flat but no other issues.
(not town and country approved)

Calling $350, 000. for it, you'll get all papers/documents with it.

Reason for sale is i was planning on living close to family up there but they passed on. I moved up north by my last remaining family so i'm trying to get it sold to work on a house up here. Anyone?

PM me your contact info.

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » July 6th, 2019, 2:22 pm

Kronik wrote:For who needImage
Actually msged them prices look competitive still pricing

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » July 6th, 2019, 2:27 pm

Good evening one and all looking to do some work towards my home construction journey.here is the back story )
I got the land and purchased it..then the draughts man made the drawing and i submitted to tc sando..
Question can i start the foundation or i have to wait for approvals
And how much would it cost for a foundation 30 x50 for a split level...note it is not completely split as the land is undulating or sloping..

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 6th, 2019, 10:32 pm

You may want to get a cost estimate for project completion and approvals prior to any work being attempted.

urbandilema
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby urbandilema » July 7th, 2019, 7:34 am

adnj wrote:You may want to get a cost estimate for project completion and approvals prior to any work being attempted.
Thanks for the info...

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 7th, 2019, 5:50 pm

Jerry84 wrote:The brand I have now is Westinghouse...had other brands before can't recall the names...but bought some more costly ones at a light house by Pasea rd....And I'm now getting cuss from my mother about those as well...they blinking as well...can anyone suggest what brand I should purchase and where
wing wrote:

Bought like these at Modern Electrical two years ago and they’re still going great. Dimmable too.

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » July 7th, 2019, 7:15 pm

^^^ Duane what brand is this ?

francis1979
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby francis1979 » July 7th, 2019, 11:52 pm

wing wrote:

Using led down lighters in my house for the past 3 years
2 bulbs failed within 6 months - seller replaced them free of charge since they were under warranty

4 additional bulbs have failed - they either just stop working or got dim

10% failure rate after 3 years

They one thing my electrician advised was to install a surge protector once using led

Purchased my bulbs from Caribbean led solutions
http://caribbeanledsolutions.com

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 8th, 2019, 5:48 am

francis1979 wrote:
Using led down lighters in my house for the past 3 years
2 bulbs failed within 6 months - seller replaced them free of charge since they were under warranty

4 additional bulbs have failed - they either just stop working or got dim

10% failure rate after 3 years

They one thing my electrician advised was to install a surge protector once using led

Purchased my bulbs from Caribbean led solutions
http://caribbeanledsolutions.com

To smooth out AC voltage fluctuations, a voltage regulator is required. Surge suppressors are less expensive but only deal with AC voltage spikes.

Better quality LED power supply drivers are sometimes designed to accept widely fluctuating AC supply voltages making an external voltage regulator unnecessary.

lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum

Postby lalloboy101 » July 8th, 2019, 9:49 am

guys any idea how to fix downlighters that keep dropping from the ceiling, not the led one but the regular ones with the clip. I don't think the hole is too big as the template was used that came with them, been having this issue a while now as well as bulbs keep blowing, on average I change maybe 3 to bulbs a week, mind you its about $6 for one of those dimmable bulbs

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » July 15th, 2019, 9:34 am

Anyone knows what is the minimum hieght above ground level that an electrical outlet can be installed?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 15th, 2019, 11:51 am

fokhan_96 wrote:Anyone knows what is the minimum hieght above ground level that an electrical outlet can be installed?
Minimum installation is 30cm above finished floor height or 15cm above countertop height.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”