Forums

Leaving Trinidad for good...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby zoom rader » May 19th, 2019, 6:48 pm

rspann wrote:I guess if you have nothing and nothing is on the horizon, then it might be a good thing for a young person.

Zoom, look on the bright side. UNC not winning anytime soon , so Rowley, Imbert, Stuart and Faris here for at least the next 11 years, so Trinidad
Ever realise that the most emmigration happens under PNM watch.

While the most immigration into Trini is also under PNM watch. Immigration laws are laxed under PNM. When this happens more true trinis leave here.

It just sad that we get dregs comming into here and criminal gangs like Chinese and 1% mafia under PNM

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » May 19th, 2019, 7:10 pm

Dada 4 wrote:Thank-you brother. I was hesitant to post my experience as I didn't want it to come across as bragging about salary or my life as it wasn't my intent. When I saw the origin post it reminded me of the frustration he or she must be struggling with, the same frustration as my parents did many decades ago. How does one make a decision to "end their life as they know". Which is essentially what a person or family making this decision is doing. I haven't been back to trinidad for a while, I brought my wife (girlfriend at the time) back to meet my family in 2000. When I went "back home" I would look at the people, the homes, the roads, the cane fields in prince's town and always wonder who I would be, what job I would have, what spouse I would end up with and where my life would be if I didn't leave as a child. It was very nostalgic and at times over whelming. When I would visit people or parts of trinidad I had memories of it made Part of me still still does even to this day.

I watch YouTube videos and ig feeds of trini food, culture etc and still feel that I wish I was there after all these years. To sum it up, if you do decide to leave you're not just leaving a country, you are leaving a part of yourself soul behind.

I miss doubles being readily available in the morning.

The sad part is that the conditions that caused your parents to leave T&T exist more than ever today. Unfortunately if your parents came back more than likely they could be robbed or suffer some calamity.

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » May 19th, 2019, 8:49 pm

rspann wrote:I guess if you have nothing and nothing is on the horizon, then it might be a good thing for a young person.

Zoom, look on the bright side. UNC not winning anytime soon , so Rowley, Imbert, Stuart and Faris here for at least the next 11 years, so Trinidad should get back good given some time.
There's no bright side to PNM, never has been. The only thing they know how to do is fcuk up a country.... the record speaks for itself

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 19th, 2019, 9:08 pm

ek4ever wrote:

Zoom, look on the bright side. UNC not winning anytime soon , so Rowley, Imbert, Stuart and Faris here for at least the next 11 years, so Trinidad should get back good given some time.
There's no bright side to PNM, never has been. The only thing they know how to do is fcuk up a country.... the record speaks for itself
Trinidad may be good if you are an immigrant comming into here, like the small islanders and vennies opportunities exist for them for jobs that trinis don't want to do.

Once a trini family or person has reached a certain level they will look for the next higher step.

Deep rooted trinis are mostly lower to mid class and these are the folk that look to move on. The rich and super rich could not care less to move as most of them have dual citizenship but choose to live here cause they can afford it . laws are easy break with very little penalties. Think money and drug bussiness folk who are involved in this.

Years ago a study was done on trinidad where the results was all trinidad was good for is to educate people and then those ppl move on to the North America . Trinidad supplys educated folk to north america, that's the truth.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » May 19th, 2019, 9:20 pm

zoom rader wrote:
ek4ever wrote:

Trinidad may be good if you are an immigrant comming into here, like the small islanders and vennies opportunities exist for them for jobs that trinis don't want to do.

Once a trini family or person has reached a certain level they will look for the next higher step.

Deep rooted trinis are mostly lower to mid class and these are the folk that look to move on. The rich and super rich could not care less to move as most of them have dual citizenship but choose to live here cause they can afford it . laws are easy break with very little penalties. Think money and drug bussiness folk who are involved in this.

Years ago a study was done on trinidad where the results was all trinidad was good for is to educate people and then those ppl move on to the North America . Trinidad supplys educated folk to north america, that's the truth.

Educated and skilled professionals, we had a habit of training good oil and gas professionals that some how despite having a nationalized industry we still couldn't take advantage of their talent and skill and I can tell you in my experience its wasn't always the money (though I'm sure it played a part) they left for, many complained about the attitude of the local management and the poor choices made by said management.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 19th, 2019, 9:28 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
ek4ever wrote:

Educated and skilled professionals, we had a habit of training good oil and gas professionals that some how despite having a nationalized industry we still couldn't take advantage of their talent and skill and I can tell you in my experience its wasn't always the money (though I'm sure it played a part) they left for, many complained about the attitude of the local management and the poor choices made by said management.
That is because of the government mis management and putting square pegs in round holes. Lots of non politcal alined folk had to leave because of unjust treatment when it came to promotions.

Selwyn Ryan did a report on the glass ceiling with young professionals.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » May 19th, 2019, 10:16 pm

rspann wrote:I won't deny that, but is everyone in Trinidad fed up to the extent that they want to migrate permanently? Redress, do you live in Trinidad? Are you making it here satisfactorily? Would you leave ( if you live here) at the slightest opportunity?

I travel to the US nearly every month for business and I've never had the urge to leave here and settle over there, while one of my close friends left everything here and settled there to make a better opportunity for two of his children( education for one ,and health care etc) . He works in a Home depot and his wife in Target , but when he was here he had his own business . Now he works late nights and weekends too, depends on the shift.

I agree with Redman, it's all about your priorities, and how much you put into it,

I won''t migrate bro I am comfortable in Trinidad. Only thing I worry about and it doesn't even really cross my mind because of how I move and live is personal safety. I am also not hand to mouth so I'm not dependent on a job. Investing and investments can be made online to offset any adverse local economic activity as well for me. My children wouldn't be local as my gf is american.

If I were to leave it wouldn't be to USA,Canada or Uk etc but maybe to Africa or India to explore opportunities there and the emerging economies.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side is how ya water it.

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » May 19th, 2019, 11:06 pm

k Daran

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » June 22nd, 2019, 1:21 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:I'll give my situation. 31 married, 3 month old baby. I'm a us citizen so i have the option to take my family there, but we would be basically starting from scratch. wife's law degree wont mean a thing. im basically self employed so jumping into another country would see me start from zero. We also have the option of going to canada, in fact we applied and received a permanent resident invitation which is about 80% complete. However the same situation applies, though it might be a bit worse in Canada in that they require you to have canadian work experience & education (immigrants wont have this, even though you enter the country based on education/work experience) so you then again have to start from scratch in most fields. Canada is larger than usa with the budget of California. Great high paying jobs have very high competition. even if you are the best of the best, you still have to go through their system for those jobs since almost everything is regulated, unless you wana open your own business. I have a good amount of family support in a few states in usa, wife has family support in canada. Flip side is we enjoy a certain standard of living in trinidad right now esp with tremendous family support, which we wont be able to sustain if we left. Wife has a good secure well paying job with benefits, and im not doing too bad myself, its just a shame the country is the way it is. We cant really get to enjoy things. walking on the street in florida or ontario feels SO MUCH safer than trinidad, sorry to say. I honestly love this place so im torn every morning when i wake up and i have to continually make a decision to stay or leave. Both wife and i agree that leaving would be much better for our child which we probably would end up doing. What hurts me the most is all the car projects ive been doing for years are almost completed and i wont get to enjoy them. ill have to part out or sell wayyyy under what i spent plus all that time+ energy just gone. I think thats why im so on the fence with moving.

Due to some recent personal developments, im throwing in the towel. Ive fought with myself for about 10 years whether to stay or go and it seems a lot more easier now. I have started taking steps towards uprooting myself and honestly while i do feel kina sad, there is a significant sense of relief.

I've rejected the Canadian invitation and will be heading to USA instead. its just a better deal for me.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » June 22nd, 2019, 1:23 pm

Any one care to discuss going illegally?

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » June 22nd, 2019, 1:25 pm

car wrote:Any one care to discuss going illegally?

do it. i hear some countries giving out work permits for a year. first come basis.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 22nd, 2019, 1:36 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:I'll give my situation. 31 married, 3 month old baby. I'm a us citizen so i have the option to take my family there, but we would be basically starting from scratch. wife's law degree wont mean a thing. im basically self employed so jumping into another country would see me start from zero. We also have the option of going to canada, in fact we applied and received a permanent resident invitation which is about 80% complete. However the same situation applies, though it might be a bit worse in Canada in that they require you to have canadian work experience & education (immigrants wont have this, even though you enter the country based on education/work experience) so you then again have to start from scratch in most fields. Canada is larger than usa with the budget of California. Great high paying jobs have very high competition. even if you are the best of the best, you still have to go through their system for those jobs since almost everything is regulated, unless you wana open your own business. I have a good amount of family support in a few states in usa, wife has family support in canada. Flip side is we enjoy a certain standard of living in trinidad right now esp with tremendous family support, which we wont be able to sustain if we left. Wife has a good secure well paying job with benefits, and im not doing too bad myself, its just a shame the country is the way it is. We cant really get to enjoy things. walking on the street in florida or ontario feels SO MUCH safer than trinidad, sorry to say. I honestly love this place so im torn every morning when i wake up and i have to continually make a decision to stay or leave. Both wife and i agree that leaving would be much better for our child which we probably would end up doing. What hurts me the most is all the car projects ive been doing for years are almost completed and i wont get to enjoy them. ill have to part out or sell wayyyy under what i spent plus all that time+ energy just gone. I think thats why im so on the fence with moving.

Due to some recent personal developments, im throwing in the towel. Ive fought with myself for about 10 years whether to stay or go and it seems a lot more easier now. I have started taking steps towards uprooting myself and honestly while i do feel kina sad, there is a significant sense of relief.

I've rejected the Canadian invitation and will be heading to USA instead. its just a better deal for me.
Best of luck bro

Trini is not Trini anymore

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » June 22nd, 2019, 3:42 pm

Same here, I'm taking the store to leave. I'm just tired of the issues here with safety and development.
Wife is a us citizen so taking the steps to move across now. Wish the country was different. It had more potential than most to be a great place.

ruffrider27
Riding on 16's

Postby ruffrider27 » June 22nd, 2019, 4:14 pm

Canadian PR holder , visited T&T 2 weeks ago and will be returning always ,beautiful place my home land, doh matter the crime rate high AF, my fiance and i stayed safe even in Tobago, she loved the place and food , i lived grew up in some of the bad places in Trinidad laventille , gonzales, belmont even did some business on Nelson Street for some time went back and checked out some friends .The only problem i had seeing ppl i knew the same way nothing changed ,its a struggle in T&T with some and opposite with others. I owned a business property and i got some reports the tenant had some Venezuelans renting the upper floor , he always paid rent on time but the agreement states only him on the rental property , he was shocked to see me and yes he had 4 veni woman ,"lord pretty woman" ,taking rent from them so i dealt with him accordingly , respectfully.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » June 22nd, 2019, 4:53 pm

So you will be moving back here? Or continuing visits?

ruffrider27
Riding on 16's

Postby ruffrider27 » June 22nd, 2019, 5:38 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:So you will be moving back here? Or continuing visits?

i love Canada this is my new home ,will always visit T&T its a blessing i reach so far ,i just had secondary school education ,no trade or blood related family living in the US or Canada , i just put my mind not get in any trouble with the police or have any convictions, in case i wanted to migrate you don't have to have money or education,the internet and the information stories you read about is all you need to win the immigration system,bless.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » June 23rd, 2019, 11:15 am

^^

Just leave

And do like the intellectual RedVEVO

Go and come back , go and come back ..

And laugh and eat good ..

Trini is a MC place !!

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » June 23rd, 2019, 5:00 pm

RedVEVO wrote:^^

Just leave

And do like the intellectual RedVEVO

Go and come back , go and come back ..

And laugh and eat good ..

Trini is a MC place !!

x2

And if you don't have to sell your house, just rent it out.
I already line up a Vene family to stay in part of my house for when I leave again.
Although I suspect they may bring more people, that is ok as long as them comfortable with it, no illegal activities/destruction, and I getting my rent.

I find I coming back less and less though.
Maybe as the Venes continue to provide better service, I might change my mind.

And even better when you come back and meet some of the same old pests just loitering on the 'block' for 20 hrs each day, and they want to play they twisting up their ugly face.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 23rd, 2019, 5:06 pm

^ just keep your distance from those pests Chalz. Minimal eye contact.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » July 17th, 2019, 10:31 pm

Everyday i see more reasons to leave. Sigh.

VexxerDogg
Riding on 13's

Postby VexxerDogg » July 17th, 2019, 10:48 pm

Doh lose hope, trinidad have plenty opportunity.

uncle sam
punchin NOS

Postby uncle sam » July 17th, 2019, 11:20 pm

I left trini and with little regret. I miss my family, doubles Trini christmas and carnival to a lesser extent. Leaving TT was one of the better moves (financially and otherwise) I've made but I would like to return at some point. Hopefully WHEN things improve.

I can save so much out here and I am very comfortable. I work harder here than home but here has more growth and less nepotism and favouritism.

I worry about my family back home with all the crime and the cost of living. I went to Massy to buy 2 deodorants and a pack of cashews and it was $150. I had a $50 TT in my hand and was in disbelief.

I visit once a year just to have a carib and go tobago with the fam.

Zetski
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Zetski » July 17th, 2019, 11:27 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:Everyday i see more reasons to leave. Sigh.

yep you hit the nail on the head.. i am planning to leave as well i just need to organize my things :drinking:

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » July 17th, 2019, 11:33 pm

uncle Sam i hear you , i am starting to think the same . i am now scared to stop at traffic lights . i am not feeling safe in my home .
Where did you move ? Canada

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » July 18th, 2019, 9:43 am

Nice to read some personal experiences. This is very helpful for those of us on the fence. The decision to migrate gets harder the older you get IMHO. Everyone who I spoke to about migrating is doing it for their children..... little or no future here for them. Very sad!
IMHO those who are staying have adapted to the limits well or are benefiting from the limits e.g. criminal lawyers and even they might be returning to their children abroad during the breaks in the law terms.
Can anyone share their experience with the Canadian migration process? So far I've heard it takes about 1 yr. First you need to prepare for and write the IELTS English language test then based on the score you will be invited to apply for permanent residency. If you can speak French, it's a plus. You then have to apply for residency and will be given a score based on your education, experience and AGE (Over 40 you start to lose points?).
Every year there is a cut off application score (as opposed from the score from the IELTS), scores below the cut off will not be considered. If your score is above the cut off, you will have to provide a Canadian address to mail your residency? card to and you will have to be there to collect it. After that there is a certain amount of time you must spend (6months in 3yrs?) before you can apply for permanent residency.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » July 18th, 2019, 9:54 am

How does one even begin this process? To migrate?

lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum

Postby lalloboy101 » July 18th, 2019, 10:02 am

I applied for Canadian residency in 2007, by the time 2012 reached they were canceling all applicants pre-2008 as they claim the system was saturated and issued a refund for the processing fee. I never bothered to reapply as I wasted all those years waiting on a response. As a 40 year old now I am contemplating once again, tho now might be a lot more difficult than back then, (went ahead and bought house and other things to tie me here) not to mention I don't have the sufficient nettling funds.
Its just that things are so out of whack here and unpredicatable not to mention working hard here amount to little to nothing

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » July 18th, 2019, 11:28 am

ek4ever wrote:
rspann wrote:What experiences have you had that cause you to be so sick of Trinidad? Please share .
I know there are challenges and anywhere you go will have some, but I think it's about being able to adapt.
I personally want to live in a country that does not have a one horse economy, offers activities to do year round and have services that actually work. My son will also benefit from Canadian education and opportunities.

Trinidad is an undisciplined country where you have to fight up to get anything done. Can't wait to get my Canadian citizenship... will have a party to bun my Trini passport. Then I won't have to come back to this country ever again.

Only thing I usually miss when I'm out of Trinidad is the food and I can cook everything I want. Other than that Trinidad offers nothing else.

The only thing Trinidad can offer as a Caribbean country are the beaches which in most cases are deplorable, nasty and usually have muffler bearings blaring music and disturbing everyone with their dotish behavior. Shopping and entertainment is 3rd world crap.

There are few sillier things you can do than that...

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » July 18th, 2019, 12:50 pm

airuma wrote:Nice to read some personal experiences. This is very helpful for those of us on the fence. The decision to migrate gets harder the older you get IMHO. Everyone who I spoke to about migrating is doing it for their children..... little or no future here for them. Very sad!
IMHO those who are staying have adapted to the limits well or are benefiting from the limits e.g. criminal lawyers and even they might be returning to their children abroad during the breaks in the law terms.
Can anyone share their experience with the Canadian migration process? So far I've heard it takes about 1 yr. First you need to prepare for and write the IELTS English language test then based on the score you will be invited to apply for permanent residency. If you can speak French, it's a plus. You then have to apply for residency and will be given a score based on your education, experience and AGE (Over 40 you start to lose points?).
Every year there is a cut off application score (as opposed from the score from the IELTS), scores below the cut off will not be considered. If your score is above the cut off, you will have to provide a Canadian address to mail your residency? card to and you will have to be there to collect it. After that there is a certain amount of time you must spend (6months in 3yrs?) before you can apply for permanent residency.

goalpost wrote:How does one even begin this process? To migrate?

Okay wife and I did the Canadian thing and got accepted but we rejected the offer and are going to usa instead. I'll give details on the process. First thing you should do is go to the canadian immigration site and run through the wizard which gives you a good estimate of how many points you have. there are draws twice a month and you can check all the previous draw scores going back years to gauge how you stand up. there are a lot of things you need to do to create a profile, including getting education assessed, job letters, travel history, language tests(ielts), work experience documented etc. so lets say u do all that, and submit your profile with a score of 468. if the next draw pulls 3000 people with a cutoff score of 450 then chances are you will get pulled, however if there were people in line before you, they will get pulled then you move up in line. next draw for the month you can easily get pulled. once you have been given an invitation you can either accept it or reject it and go back into the pool, if you do nothing you will be banned from using the system in the future. You have 60 days to send in supporting documents, if you need more time consider rejecting the invitation, go back in the pool and wait to get pulled again (we rejected multiple times and got pulled on every subsequent draw). Supporting docs include: proof of funds to support yourself, police certificate, medical report etc. once these are submitted, your application will be processed and you will then be given a visa to travel on. fly over on that visa and you will be processed at the airport. Your permanent resident card will be mailed to you in canada shortly after. The end.

This is based on the skilled trade entry option. There are other entry options you can check to see if you can qualify for those.

a few notes:

Your ielts score is valid only for 2 years. Do that at the last possible moment since you are on the clock and if it expires you will have to retake it. Cost is $2000ttd per person @ uwi. Being able to speak french isnt a huge deal, it adds maybe 2-10 points to your application based on scores, so ignore that completely. The only real benefit is you will be able to immigrate into Quebec but you must have great scrores to do so. language tests are based on oral skils, reading, comprehension and writing over 2 days (1 day oral, another day for the other 3). If you arent fluent in french dont even bother.

Getting a job offer in canada adds 600 points to your profile and you probably will get pulled at the very next draw no matter what.

Even though this program is based on education and work experience, you will more than likely have to start all over again in canada from the bottom as this isnt recognized by locals UNLESS you are in a field in demand and have the skills to back it up (such as in app design).

You stay in the pool for 1 year, after which you would need to submit a new profile.
Points are deducted from age 31 (age of easy assimilation according to them) for each year of age. act quickly.

There is only ONE certified doctor that can do medicals in trinidad. Their appointment schedule is chaotic but persist a bit and you will get through.

Once approved you MUST live in canada for 2 years within a 5 year period (does not have to be consecutively). after the 5 years then the process repeats until you become a citizen. if you leave for more than 2 years within a 5 year period your PR will be revoked.

hope i didnt miss anything. if you want specific info on anything just ask.

Good Luck!
Last edited by TheBoostLord on July 18th, 2019, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » July 18th, 2019, 3:19 pm

Anyone renounced their TnT citizenship?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”