TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

legallity of EVOs?? (no plates and firewalls)

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » October 9th, 2009, 11:18 pm

would be much easier and even cheaper in the long run to bring in a EVO3 shell. if you wanna go for the risk, just chop off the number from the cb3 and throw it on the evo3 or if you wanna do it the good way, take all the parts from the evo3 and slap it onto the cb3 or cd5a gsr which ever you got

men pipeing unlicensed evo3 for 30k and ting now lol

Tuner Imports
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Tuner Imports » October 10th, 2009, 9:59 am

Death-Row wrote:would be much easier and even cheaper in the long run to bring in a EVO3 shell. if you wanna go for the risk, just chop off the number from the cb3 and throw it on the evo3 or if you wanna do it the good way, take all the parts from the evo3 and slap it onto the cb3 or cd5a gsr which ever you got

men pipeing unlicensed evo3 for 30k and ting now lol

That would be illegal. The unlicensed evo3 for 30k are evo2's and evo 1's...Remember there were only 5000 made and most of them are in England and Australia.

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » October 10th, 2009, 2:21 pm

Tuner Imports,there are EVO3s for sale in japan. there is a range the number in the chassis digits should be in to verfiry this.

yes it is illegal to do the firewall swap but answer me this, do you drive under the speed limit always? breaking a law is breaking a law, big or small.

personally, i hunted around for a legit evo 1-3 but couldnt find one so i got a gsr and will be changing everything to evo in a few i guess.

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » October 10th, 2009, 6:39 pm

Death-Row, APPARENTLY you didn`t hunt good enough.. I found a LEGIT EVO III engine blown.. car had NOS and owner got glad...

might buy it and restore it... been parked up for some good yrs...

dragmaster
Street 2NR

Postby dragmaster » October 10th, 2009, 9:21 pm

Sanctifier wrote:Yuh think I want anybody to bounce my car... or even worse, to hurt or even KILL my wife and family with a bogus Evo because he is a CHEAP azzh0le

My $0.02¢

I agree with the Mitsu God. Rolling around with "bogus" chassis concoctions are usually undetected until an accident occurs, then PRESSURE!!!! Esp. if there's loss of life. Manslaughter and criminal charges will follow, whether or not the owner of the machine is completely right in the accident.

For the ambitious guys who are doing the conversion, kudos and thumbs up, as far as I'm concerned, it's the same as putting Silvia/Skyline parts (suspension, engine, etc.) into a Laurel or 910 Bluebird. As long as it's done using the proper safety protocol i.e. brakes (rotors, caliper, booster. etc.)

BTW, Sanctifier your contribution is always welcomed.(at least by me)

dragmaster
Street 2NR

Postby dragmaster » October 10th, 2009, 9:37 pm

turbo_boy411 wrote:tampering with the vehicle registration number ie identification plates and chassis will surely lead to seizure of the said vehicle by the relevant authorities...

it'll be your hard luck when babylon take yuh car and you get caught with yuh pant's down with yuh hard earned money in yuh pocket gone down the drain...

you should stay away from these vehicles because anything that seems too good to be true usually is...

i'm not saying that all of them are totally wrong, there are some cars that have been written off and their registration number transferred to another chassis (something called a "CLO").

but you wouldn't wanna put down 80k and then lose it...

be careful, obviously anyone that's afraid to go to license office have something to hide...

keep on boosting...

Regards...

The CLO doesn't allow one to 'transfer' reg number onto a new shell/body.

In essence, if actually permits the applicant to 'tamper' with the firewall by and around the chassis stamp in the case of a bad accident, and it's necessary for tampering with the sensitive area in question to conduct repairs on said vehicle.

However, Trinis have skewed that approval to basically get an brand new(F.U./RORO) vehicle. It's happened countless and countless times. The CLO approval is actually written on the certified copy.

Speaking from first-hand experience, btw. I fixed my car.

turbo_boy411 wrote:you should stay away from these vehicles because anything that seems too good to be true usually is..

Regards...

I emphatically agree!!!

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » October 10th, 2009, 10:13 pm

southside crew wrote:Death-Row, APPARENTLY you didn`t hunt good enough.. I found a LEGIT EVO III engine blown.. car had NOS and owner got glad...

might buy it and restore it... been parked up for some good yrs...

i must admit, i know of a few people that found legit 1-3 but you made a big mistake by posting u found a legit 3 cause REALLLLL men gonna PM yuh now for info :lol: :lol:

really and truely, if the chassis number swap is done correctly, they wont find it unless they really go digging, just stay out of trouble and this wont happen, cause some people has gone as far as swapping the entire front cut with the chassis number from the cb3 onto the evo3. how strong is this? i dont know but just sweat out the entire firewall and yuh in the game :lol: :lol:

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » October 11th, 2009, 8:29 am

dragmaster wrote:
Sanctifier wrote:Yuh think I want anybody to bounce my car... or even worse, to hurt or even KILL my wife and family with a bogus Evo because he is a CHEAP azzh0le?

I agree with the Mitsu God. Rolling around with "bogus" chassis concoctions are usually undetected until an accident occurs, then PRESSURE!!!! Esp. if there's loss of life. Manslaughter and criminal charges will follow, whether or not the owner of the machine is completely right in the accident.

For the ambitious guys who are doing the conversion, kudos and thumbs up...As long as it's done using the proper safety protocol i.e. brakes (rotors, callipers, booster. etc.)
BTW, Sanctifier your contribution is always welcomed.(at least by me)
Thanks for the compliment, dragmaster but I'm no "Mitsu God"...or "expert"...or whatever. :oops: ...I just want to continue LEARNING about cars to improve performance (especially brakes & handling) for MY family's safety.

There's another IMPORTANT REASON for my opinion too... I want to continue enjoying my hobby!
If 2nrs continue to put bogus (illegal) "RORO" (foreign used) chassis on the road...get into accidents...and KILL people with NO INSURANCE coverage; this WILL happen...
Sanctifier wrote:Eventually the authorities will solve the problem by BANNING ALL modifications, swaps, upgrades etc. etc.
Sounds impossible???... Check what happens in Singapore, other countries and in some US states right now!!!

There is a better alternative. It's BEST for all 2nrs, now and in the future to be proactive...
Sanctifier wrote:WE 2nrs should push for regulations to GOVERN and CONTROL auto modifications.
If WE don't... THEY will...with little or no concern for our hobby!!!
The random road-blocks have ALREADY STARTED!

ALL MINOR UPGRADES (rims & tyres, exhaust, seats etc.) should be inspected by the LICENSING OFFICE and/or recognised INSPECTION STATIONS...
They are all inactive right now but are already in place!!!... so it's a "no-brainer." "MINOR CLEARANCE CERTIFICATES" will cover "Minor Upgrades" which will reduce the tendency of corruption at Inspection Stations too.

The more technically advanced installations (engine swaps, suspension redesign, brake swaps... even Imported (and currently "banned") KIT CARS etc.) would be covered by a Certificate of Engineering Approval issued by a QUALIFIED, KNOWLEDGABLE Automotive/Aviation or Mechanical Engineering Firm... Just like in the UK today!

[I wouldn't mind building a "Lamborghini Diablo" or "1963 Shelby Cobra" Clone in future, at all. :wink: ]

Either one or the other (not both) of these should be approved BEFORE THE INSURANCE CERTIFICATE IS ISSUED. That way ALL cars will be developed to a satisfactory standard of SAFETY and "road-worthiness."
This WILL ALSO PREVENT any fraudulent Insurance Company from EVER DENYING YOUR CLAIM IN FUTURE :!:

The accidents caused by bogus mechanics WILL ALSO be reduced...
:idea: Think about THAT one... YOU CAN THEN SUE MECHANICS FOR BOGUS WORK..."backed up" by the Licensing Division and the INSURANCE COMPANY :!:

And 2nrs...AND the general public will be SAFER and ALL will be protected by VALID INSURANCE COVERAGE.

Eventually, the illegal drags on the street... AND THE ROAD DEATHS will put even more MEDIA PRESSURE on the Authorities to ACT against us; especially if an INFLUENTIAL PERSON (or their CHILD) gets killed.
Sanctifier wrote:THE ODDS ARE STACKED AGAINST ALL TUNERS :!: It's just a matter of time. :roll:

The alternative eventually may be a BAN OF ALL UPGRADES... Good, bad or indifferent...with NO exceptions!

Is that what we want?... I for one, prefer to help to set logical limits that will allow me to enjoy my hobby for the rest of my life...(or until the oil & gas runs out.)
Sanctifier wrote:BTW, if ALL 2nrs Organisations display such MATURITY...then maybe the Gov't will be MORE INCLINED to give us a LAND GRANT for MotorSports.
This too will REDUCE the carnage on the roads... and further HELP OUR CAUSE :!:

:idea: Something else to think about :!:

Those interested in protecting themselves can discuss it further, here...
Link--> How HEALTHY is the "Tuner" Hobby in T&T?

My $0.03¢

TheAutoDIYGuyYT
Street 2NR

Re: legallity of EVOs?? (no plates and firewalls)

Postby TheAutoDIYGuyYT » June 5th, 2019, 8:34 pm

So fellas ( I know I digging up an old thread here lol), bottom line...is it legal to convert your lancer into an Evo? Meaning swapping everything from the evo into the lancer and converting to 4wd.

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 6th, 2019, 2:47 pm

TheAutoDIYGuyYT wrote:So fellas ( I know I digging up an old thread here lol), bottom line...is it legal to convert your lancer into an Evo? Meaning swapping everything from the evo into the lancer and converting to 4wd.
It has been done before, you can do it legally, once you don't touch the firewall, which you don't need to as it's the rear you will need to be cutting and replacing. The automan on FB did a CK to Evo conversion, check it out

nicholasfabulous
Street 2NR

Postby nicholasfabulous » June 6th, 2019, 5:14 pm

So isn’t even doing a major job like that still considered tampering in one way?

black start
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby black start » June 6th, 2019, 5:44 pm

nicholasfabulous wrote:So isn’t even doing a major job like that still considered tampering in one way?
Should be

But applying that logic, any car rolling around with front cut and back cut changed in the same bracket

TheAutoDIYGuyYT
Street 2NR

Postby TheAutoDIYGuyYT » June 6th, 2019, 8:08 pm

Kronik wrote:
TheAutoDIYGuyYT wrote:So fellas ( I know I digging up an old thread here lol), bottom line...is it legal to convert your lancer into an Evo? Meaning swapping everything from the evo into the lancer and converting to 4wd.
It has been done before, you can do it legally, once you don't touch the firewall, which you don't need to as it's the rear you will need to be cutting and replacing. The automan on FB did a CK to Evo conversion, check it out

The thing is...how does a licensing officer distinguish the difference between a person who did the swap the right way, vs someone who swap a firewall? Does this mean that I run the risk of getting stopped no matter what? My only proof would be the videos that I upload on my youtube channel, showing the whole process from start to finish? No officer gonna wait for me to show them that lmao.
Last edited by TheAutoDIYGuyYT on June 6th, 2019, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » June 6th, 2019, 8:09 pm

All boils down to how much you paid for a firewall swap lol.

nicholasfabulous
Street 2NR

Postby nicholasfabulous » June 6th, 2019, 9:51 pm

black start wrote:
nicholasfabulous wrote:So isn’t even doing a major job like that still considered tampering in one way?
Should be

But applying that logic, any car rolling around with front cut and back cut changed in the same bracket

Which is illegal which was told by a license officer well if yuh don’t get catch yuh safe

trent
Riding on 17's

Postby trent » June 28th, 2019, 11:17 am

Y dont u just source a CM Lancer which is already 4wd, to do the Evo conversion...?

TheAutoDIYGuyYT
Street 2NR

Postby TheAutoDIYGuyYT » June 28th, 2019, 11:50 am

trent wrote:

Y dont u just source a CM Lancer which is already 4wd, to do the Evo conversion...?

That would be ideal. However, I'm not sure where to look lol. Btw, a CM shell is what year?

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 28th, 2019, 12:06 pm

trent wrote:

I believe he is doing it with Evo 7-9, so he'll need a 4wd CS, which even harder to find than a CM

TheAutoDIYGuyYT
Street 2NR

Postby TheAutoDIYGuyYT » June 28th, 2019, 12:48 pm

Kronik wrote:
trent wrote:

I believe he is doing it with Evo 7-9, so he'll need a 4wd CS, which even harder to find than a CM

Yep Evo 8 to be specific. I've posted a couple pics below.

Idk why Trinituner website so difficult to slap a pic in a post...here are the links to pics:
https://ibb.co/sCYvBgC
https://ibb.co/yhk9fRX

Kronik
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Kronik » June 28th, 2019, 1:08 pm

If you don't mind me asking, how much is the car costing you

TheAutoDIYGuyYT
Street 2NR

Postby TheAutoDIYGuyYT » June 29th, 2019, 7:49 am

Kronik wrote:Image

I'll pm you.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » July 1st, 2019, 8:44 am

TheAutoDIYGuyYT wrote:

I'll pm you.

Pm me too fadda, real interested in doin this as well in my spare time with my lancer.

TheAutoDIYGuyYT
Street 2NR

Postby TheAutoDIYGuyYT » July 1st, 2019, 10:56 am

daxt0r wrote:
TheAutoDIYGuyYT wrote:

I'll pm you.

Pm me too fadda, real interested in doin this as well in my spare time with my lancer.

Lol...alright Pming you now

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”