TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

PNM in Gov't(2015-2020)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: PNM in Gov't - 3 AND AH HALF YEARS LATER!!!!

Postby sMASH » July 22nd, 2019, 9:27 am

Duane revoked his appointment as opposition shadow minister of social relations.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 22nd, 2019, 9:28 am

PNM massive taking dat..
Les Bain wrote:Young is good at being a silver tongued so-and-so for our Political Mandingo; he lost the wrong portfolio.
National Security is what should have been taken from him.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » July 23rd, 2019, 10:49 am

kstt
Riding on 16's

Postby kstt » July 23rd, 2019, 1:28 pm

FB_IMG_1563901104597.jpg

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 23rd, 2019, 6:19 pm

nick639v2 wrote:
kstt wrote:67234584_10157470060839224_2590816619039031296.jpg
Strange how he didn't ever earn that much and even if he did, have u seen the resume he racked up???

He did study and graduate with honors from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. Yet people love a beat up when it comes to their small pocket lives who running UWI to do art classes.

Knowing the son personally just like I said before, his own life and daddy's job is so distant people wouldn't care to believe it.

But we love a scandal, just like the phone episode where up to now they didn't give a sheit about retrieving it but we had reports where whole place lockdown and they tap bmobile and all that

I don't give a fack whether he went to the moon on Apollo 11! What 25 year old with NO EXPERIENCE, but plenty PNM connections getting that salary? Maybe instead of coming here to defend your "friend" with condescension, you could educate us on how exactly he rates a 50K salary.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » July 24th, 2019, 7:01 am

PNM is the problem

THE EDITOR: If we logically analyse national outcomes in whichever sphere of social activity we may choose, we would inevitably conclude that since 1956 and continuing from that time, the dysfunctional politics/governance of the PNM provides a priceless object lesson in catastrophic governance.

Political scientists must, and will, use the PNM political model as a global teaching tool if they wish to educate themselves regarding that which every well-intentioned aspiring political group must studiously avoid if the earnest intention is to advance an embryonic society.

The group dysfunctionalities that must be avoided include but are not limited to the following: the demand for total secrecy, ethnic exclusivity, absolute totalitarian leadership, uncompromising political patronage, and a cultist devotion to the policy that “the end justifies the means.”

Before the advent of the PNM and its idea of party politics cunningly crafted as a national movement – a paradox that borders on oxymoronic – there were multiple disparate elements that comprised the political landscape in TT. The idea of a racially aligned organisational culture formally began with the incorporation of the teachers education movement that was conceived in Tobago.

Eric Williams opportunistically latched onto a preexisting, and well-structured, organisational model comprising almost only black teachers who felt that too little was being done for their ethnic group as professionals. And their cause may well have been justified at that time.

He, unfortunately, was allowed to commandeer that organisation, overturn the participatory norms for which it stood, and convert it into the dysfunctional totalitarian dystopia that is the PNM today. And this sentiment has been well documented over the years by several estranged black PNM authors.

Humans being what they are – especially when they arrogantly, consciously and deliberately refuse to accept a place subordinate to the God who made them, and to whom they belong – begin to puff themselves with pride, believing that they are little gods themselves and require like devotion. That is when the entropy begins. It may take one, two, or three generations, but the inevitable rot will prevail.

And so it is today. Not one sphere of societal life in this benighted nation has been spared the rotten contagion initiated by a small group of completely misguided people. Their demand for unflinching group loyalty, reinforced by a veneer of “education” having its blind root in the belief that co-ethnics can do no wrong, has caused us to stagnate as a nation that has failed in just about every sphere of national social life – from family to sport and everything in-between.

Sadly, many of us still too proud to see the error of their ways harbour the moronic conviction that those who caused our ills are the ones who will fix them.

STEVE SMITH

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/07/24/pnm-is-the-problem/

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » July 24th, 2019, 7:13 am

Media really turning on Rowley these days...

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » July 24th, 2019, 8:00 am

Can't blame them. Our Political Mandingo is a back seat driver of the highest order. He had mouth and ideas when Manning was 'persecuting' him and as leader of the opposition. Now in the driver's seat he rather drive to the golf course since the PR tour for his Mills & Boon novel finish.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 24th, 2019, 4:11 pm

vaiostation wrote:Media really turning on Rowley these days...

There comes a point when the colossal failure that is the PNM must simply be acknowledged, even as we struggle to find viable alternatives, and claw our way out of the absolute morass that we've been pulled into by them.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 24th, 2019, 6:49 pm

that story is really somebody who sent a letter to d editor & not d newsday's self opinion

it is a wonder d media is actually publishing anti pee en em matters though ....

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » July 25th, 2019, 11:49 am

All these old guards from the Manning era coming back: Enil, Cox, Chin Lee...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 26th, 2019, 1:27 pm

vaiostation wrote:Media really turning on Rowley these days...

No they are not, its just another distraction for other underhand deals to take place. Don't be fooled

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » July 26th, 2019, 1:43 pm

buh ay ay look zoom , ent allyuh tuners say they ban d man or he jes take a time out rest by he self ....

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » July 26th, 2019, 7:10 pm

Rovin wrote:buh ay ay look zoom , ent allyuh tuners say they ban d man or he jes take a time out rest by he self ....

Maybe he took the time to prepare his 2020 manifesto.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 26th, 2019, 7:58 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:
Rovin wrote:buh ay ay look zoom , ent allyuh tuners say they ban d man or he jes take a time out rest by he self ....

Maybe he took the time to prepare his 2020 manifesto.

they took dole in, question him, release him, then corn him...
pray for zoom

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 26th, 2019, 8:15 pm

He come off the ban today and get ban again. I hearing the notification reads" Reason for ban: You is ah imps" We want jostiss. Yuh know how is Rasta city Vs Muslim? this is Zoom city Vs Elite. Elite mask down and run in, lick up zoom and leave in a boat.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » July 26th, 2019, 8:29 pm

rspann wrote:He come off the ban today and get ban again. I hearing the notification reads" Reason for ban: You is ah imps" We want jostiss. Yuh know how is Rasta city Vs Muslim? this is Zoom city Vs Elite. Elite mask down and run in, lick up zoom and leave in a boat.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 27th, 2019, 5:34 pm

Stuarty have time to share out ID for venes, but no time to visit dead fishermen family.
Attachments
Young-Registration-Cards-Venezuelans.jpg

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 27th, 2019, 6:07 pm

^^ Who would you rather visit?

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » July 27th, 2019, 8:07 pm

Lame AF

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » July 27th, 2019, 8:14 pm

67250745_471361640330201_8302424043777163264_n.jpg

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » July 28th, 2019, 4:19 am

rspann wrote:Stuarty have time to share out ID for venes, but no time to visit dead fishermen family.

Deadmen not supposed to vote...

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 28th, 2019, 6:34 am

Neither venes. But the dead men family definitely not voting for them. So probably your point is still valid.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 28th, 2019, 8:26 am

rspann wrote:Neither venes. But the dead men family definitely not voting for them. So probably your point is still valid.

Reality from stuart : carli bay is not a pnm seat and even if I visit we cyah win that seat....so fork them

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 28th, 2019, 11:05 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
rspann wrote:Neither venes. But the dead men family definitely not voting for them. So probably your point is still valid.

Reality from stuart : carli bay is not a pnm seat and even if I visit we cyah win that seat....so fork them

Basically.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » July 29th, 2019, 7:30 am

Chaguanas residents reluctant to go to polls for local elections
Shaliza Hassanali

Burgess­es of Ch­agua­nas are re­luc­tant to go to the polls for the Lo­cal Gov­ern­ment elec­tions, say­ing they are fed up of the con­stant lack of rep­re­sen­ta­tion, lies and lip ser­vice by their coun­cil­lors.

Munroe Road/Ca­roni Sa­van­nah Road

From the be­gin­ning of this year, busi­ness­es, ven­dors and homes along Munroe Road—the dis­trict of coun­cil­lor Adri­an Ali—have been un­der at­tack by armed ban­dits.

A work­er at Ka­jo’s Va­ri­ety Store, which sells most­ly cloth­ing, said they had seen a spike in break-ins at busi­ness­es.

“Most of the thefts have been oc­cur­ring late at nights. Some of us have been clos­ing our doors ear­li­er than usu­al to safe­guard our­selves and the lit­tle that we earn,” said the work­er, who re­fused to re­veal her iden­ti­ty.

The ban­dits have al­so tar­get­ed road­side ven­dors.

One veg­etable ven­dor who fell vic­tim a few weeks ago said the ban­dit placed a gun to her head and re­lieved her of $700 and a phone val­ued $2,000.

“The thief came here pre­tend­ing to be a cus­tomer and when I turned my back, he whipped out his gun and robbed me. Now you can’t tell the dif­fer­ence be­tween cus­tomer and ban­dit.”

This was the third time the ven­dor had been robbed for the year.

“When I come out to sell I not sure I will make it back home alive. Nowhere is safe in this coun­try and the politi­cians try­ing to score points with each oth­er while we are caught in the mid­dle with gun­men. Dai­ly, blood flow­ing like wa­ter on the streets...bod­ies drop­ping like flies. Ob­vi­ous­ly, this coun­try is in a cri­sis,” the ven­dor said.

At Ra­moutar Street, Leela Bas­deo said she went to Ali’s of­fice twice for help but did not see him.

“I went seek­ing help af­ter my hus­band died from lep­tospiro­sis. But he was not there. I got fed up and nev­er went back.”

Bas­deo said she felt dis­ap­point­ed know­ing she sup­port­ed Ali in the last elec­tion and in her time of need she could not turn to him for help.

Mon­trose

Mon­trose coun­cil­lor An­dell Paramsook al­so came in for some heavy crit­i­cism for his poor rep­re­sen­ta­tion.

Claire Street res­i­dent Gary Joseph said while they were thank­ful for street light­ing, what burgess­es need most were prop­er roads and a recre­ation ground.

Swing­ing on a ham­mock un­der a shed at a poul­try shop along the busy Main Road, an em­ploy­ee said for years they have been clam­our­ing for bet­ter roads in their dis­trict.

“Now and then you would see them patch­ing the roads. That is all they do­ing. We fed up talk,” he said.

Asked if he had made a com­plaint to Paramsook, the em­ploy­ee be­gan to frown.

“Well, don’t talk about the coun­cil­lor. We don’t see he at all,” the em­ploy­ee said.

John Street res­i­dent Jef­frey Georges said they longed for their own recre­ation­al ground so chil­dren could play and ex­er­cise.

“Par­ents would nor­mal­ly take their kids to the Lange Park Recre­ation­al Ground. It is time we get our own grounds.”

Georges ad­mit­ted to not know­ing Paramsook, al­though he has nev­er vot­ed.

En­ter­prise

Not­ed for be­ing a crime hotspot in Cen­tral, En­ter­prise’s spate of gang war­fare and killings has eased—at least for now.

The mur­ders start­ed es­ca­lat­ing af­ter re­put­ed gang leader Sel­wyn “Robo­cop” Alex­is was as­sas­si­nat­ed in 2016 at his En­ter­prise busi­ness.

In 2017, then na­tion­al se­cu­ri­ty min­is­ter Ed­mund Dil­lon had promised to con­struct a po­lice sta­tion in the com­mu­ni­ty to deal with soar­ing crime in coun­cil­lor Lisa Hold­er’s elec­toral dis­trict with the emer­gence of the Un­ruly Isis gang, who clashed with Ras­ta City gang mem­bers for drug turf.

Two years lat­er, burgess­es said that promise nev­er ma­te­ri­alised.

“Even though things cool down in En­ter­prise there is still a pres­ence of gang mem­bers in the com­mu­ni­ty. We would feel safer if there is a po­lice sta­tion. But it seems that idea has been thrown out the win­dow,” Gre­go­ry Bak­er, of Ken­ny Cyrus Street, said.

An­oth­er res­i­dent blamed lack of em­ploy­ment for fu­elling crime.

Dou­bles ven­dor Ter­rence Ja­cob, of Rail­way Road, said al­though the area has been stig­ma­tised, some res­i­dents have been try­ing to im­prove their com­mu­ni­ty.

For months, Ja­cob said a clogged drain had been flood­ing the res­i­dents’ homes.

“Every­one got to­geth­er and raised $700 to buy ma­te­ri­als to in­crease the height of a cul­vert to pre­vent the wa­ter from en­ter­ing our homes. We al­so cleared the drain.”

The res­i­dents, Ja­cob said, opt­ed to do their own work.

Ja­cob added he would with­hold his vote un­til “a good al­ter­na­tive par­ty comes along.”

Fe­lic­i­ty/En­deav­our

Along Ca­can­dee Road, Fe­lic­i­ty, there were vis­i­ble signs of aban­don­ment, as drains were choked, there was over­grow­ing grass, no pave­ments and de­plorable roads.

“For years we have been ask­ing for a pave­ment to walk on. They cut CEPEP. The road in a mess. Now we suf­fer­ing for wa­ter.

“Lord, what next? We don’t know how much more we could take. We coun­cil­lor Gan­ga Singh not do­ing noth­ing,” said Maraj Street res­i­dent and for­mer Ca­roni 1975 Ltd em­ploy­ee Ma­habir Daro­ga.

Daro­ga did not even know Singh was the MP for Ch­agua­nas West and De­bideen Man­ick is Fe­lic­i­ty’s coun­cil­lor. He looked per­plexed when cor­rect­ed.

“So who is my coun­cil­lor?” he asked again and had to be told a sec­ond time.

Stand­ing on En­deav­our Road, pen­sion­er Bhag­wan­daye Bachan de­scribed the CBC as non-ex­is­tent, say­ing she re­cent­ly had to pay $50 to clean the drain in front of her son’s food busi­ness.

“If we don’t clean the drain no­body will. So what you pay­ing tax­es for? This drain is the re­spon­si­bil­i­ty of the cor­po­ra­tion. I ain’t know if they don’t have work­ers or fund­ing but we not ben­e­fit­ing from noth­ing. To make mat­ters worse I don’t even know my coun­cil­lor,” Bachan said.

A short dis­tance away, car wash op­er­a­tor Da­vanand Bal­ai said the road need­ed re-paving and garbage col­lec­tion was un­sat­is­fac­to­ry.

“This road is a main artery to Ch­agua­nas and should not be in this poor state.”

Guardian Me­dia was ad­vised that it was un­safe to ven­ture in­to En­ter­prise South, the elec­toral dis­trict of PNM coun­cil­lor Ronald Heera.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/chaguanas-residents-reluctant-to-go-to-polls-for-local-elections-6.2.896619.cc445e2016

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » July 29th, 2019, 7:37 am

This is exactly how thousands and thousands of voters in Trinidad feel, but reality is that some areas have that nasty side where all the stupid ignorant peenemeers reside(most likely illegally) and no matter who votes or does not vote they will still win the seat.
So why even bother...………..

hydroep wrote:
Chaguanas residents reluctant to go to polls for local elections
Shaliza Hassanali

Burgess­es of Ch­agua­nas are re­luc­tant to go to the polls for the Lo­cal Gov­ern­ment elec­tions, say­ing they are fed up of the con­stant lack of rep­re­sen­ta­tion, lies and lip ser­vice by their coun­cil­lors.

Munroe Road/Ca­roni Sa­van­nah Road

From the be­gin­ning of this year, busi­ness­es, ven­dors and homes along Munroe Road—the dis­trict of coun­cil­lor Adri­an Ali—have been un­der at­tack by armed ban­dits.

A work­er at Ka­jo’s Va­ri­ety Store, which sells most­ly cloth­ing, said they had seen a spike in break-ins at busi­ness­es.

“Most of the thefts have been oc­cur­ring late at nights. Some of us have been clos­ing our doors ear­li­er than usu­al to safe­guard our­selves and the lit­tle that we earn,” said the work­er, who re­fused to re­veal her iden­ti­ty.

The ban­dits have al­so tar­get­ed road­side ven­dors.

One veg­etable ven­dor who fell vic­tim a few weeks ago said the ban­dit placed a gun to her head and re­lieved her of $700 and a phone val­ued $2,000.

“The thief came here pre­tend­ing to be a cus­tomer and when I turned my back, he whipped out his gun and robbed me. Now you can’t tell the dif­fer­ence be­tween cus­tomer and ban­dit.”

This was the third time the ven­dor had been robbed for the year.

“When I come out to sell I not sure I will make it back home alive. Nowhere is safe in this coun­try and the politi­cians try­ing to score points with each oth­er while we are caught in the mid­dle with gun­men. Dai­ly, blood flow­ing like wa­ter on the streets...bod­ies drop­ping like flies. Ob­vi­ous­ly, this coun­try is in a cri­sis,” the ven­dor said.

At Ra­moutar Street, Leela Bas­deo said she went to Ali’s of­fice twice for help but did not see him.

“I went seek­ing help af­ter my hus­band died from lep­tospiro­sis. But he was not there. I got fed up and nev­er went back.”

Bas­deo said she felt dis­ap­point­ed know­ing she sup­port­ed Ali in the last elec­tion and in her time of need she could not turn to him for help.

Mon­trose

Mon­trose coun­cil­lor An­dell Paramsook al­so came in for some heavy crit­i­cism for his poor rep­re­sen­ta­tion.

Claire Street res­i­dent Gary Joseph said while they were thank­ful for street light­ing, what burgess­es need most were prop­er roads and a recre­ation ground.

Swing­ing on a ham­mock un­der a shed at a poul­try shop along the busy Main Road, an em­ploy­ee said for years they have been clam­our­ing for bet­ter roads in their dis­trict.

“Now and then you would see them patch­ing the roads. That is all they do­ing. We fed up talk,” he said.

Asked if he had made a com­plaint to Paramsook, the em­ploy­ee be­gan to frown.

“Well, don’t talk about the coun­cil­lor. We don’t see he at all,” the em­ploy­ee said.

John Street res­i­dent Jef­frey Georges said they longed for their own recre­ation­al ground so chil­dren could play and ex­er­cise.

“Par­ents would nor­mal­ly take their kids to the Lange Park Recre­ation­al Ground. It is time we get our own grounds.”

Georges ad­mit­ted to not know­ing Paramsook, al­though he has nev­er vot­ed.

En­ter­prise

Not­ed for be­ing a crime hotspot in Cen­tral, En­ter­prise’s spate of gang war­fare and killings has eased—at least for now.

The mur­ders start­ed es­ca­lat­ing af­ter re­put­ed gang leader Sel­wyn “Robo­cop” Alex­is was as­sas­si­nat­ed in 2016 at his En­ter­prise busi­ness.

In 2017, then na­tion­al se­cu­ri­ty min­is­ter Ed­mund Dil­lon had promised to con­struct a po­lice sta­tion in the com­mu­ni­ty to deal with soar­ing crime in coun­cil­lor Lisa Hold­er’s elec­toral dis­trict with the emer­gence of the Un­ruly Isis gang, who clashed with Ras­ta City gang mem­bers for drug turf.

Two years lat­er, burgess­es said that promise nev­er ma­te­ri­alised.

“Even though things cool down in En­ter­prise there is still a pres­ence of gang mem­bers in the com­mu­ni­ty. We would feel safer if there is a po­lice sta­tion. But it seems that idea has been thrown out the win­dow,” Gre­go­ry Bak­er, of Ken­ny Cyrus Street, said.

An­oth­er res­i­dent blamed lack of em­ploy­ment for fu­elling crime.

Dou­bles ven­dor Ter­rence Ja­cob, of Rail­way Road, said al­though the area has been stig­ma­tised, some res­i­dents have been try­ing to im­prove their com­mu­ni­ty.

For months, Ja­cob said a clogged drain had been flood­ing the res­i­dents’ homes.

“Every­one got to­geth­er and raised $700 to buy ma­te­ri­als to in­crease the height of a cul­vert to pre­vent the wa­ter from en­ter­ing our homes. We al­so cleared the drain.”

The res­i­dents, Ja­cob said, opt­ed to do their own work.

Ja­cob added he would with­hold his vote un­til “a good al­ter­na­tive par­ty comes along.”

Fe­lic­i­ty/En­deav­our

Along Ca­can­dee Road, Fe­lic­i­ty, there were vis­i­ble signs of aban­don­ment, as drains were choked, there was over­grow­ing grass, no pave­ments and de­plorable roads.

“For years we have been ask­ing for a pave­ment to walk on. They cut CEPEP. The road in a mess. Now we suf­fer­ing for wa­ter.

“Lord, what next? We don’t know how much more we could take. We coun­cil­lor Gan­ga Singh not do­ing noth­ing,” said Maraj Street res­i­dent and for­mer Ca­roni 1975 Ltd em­ploy­ee Ma­habir Daro­ga.

Daro­ga did not even know Singh was the MP for Ch­agua­nas West and De­bideen Man­ick is Fe­lic­i­ty’s coun­cil­lor. He looked per­plexed when cor­rect­ed.

“So who is my coun­cil­lor?” he asked again and had to be told a sec­ond time.

Stand­ing on En­deav­our Road, pen­sion­er Bhag­wan­daye Bachan de­scribed the CBC as non-ex­is­tent, say­ing she re­cent­ly had to pay $50 to clean the drain in front of her son’s food busi­ness.

“If we don’t clean the drain no­body will. So what you pay­ing tax­es for? This drain is the re­spon­si­bil­i­ty of the cor­po­ra­tion. I ain’t know if they don’t have work­ers or fund­ing but we not ben­e­fit­ing from noth­ing. To make mat­ters worse I don’t even know my coun­cil­lor,” Bachan said.

A short dis­tance away, car wash op­er­a­tor Da­vanand Bal­ai said the road need­ed re-paving and garbage col­lec­tion was un­sat­is­fac­to­ry.

“This road is a main artery to Ch­agua­nas and should not be in this poor state.”

Guardian Me­dia was ad­vised that it was un­safe to ven­ture in­to En­ter­prise South, the elec­toral dis­trict of PNM coun­cil­lor Ronald Heera.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/chaguanas-residents-reluctant-to-go-to-polls-for-local-elections-6.2.896619.cc445e2016

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » July 29th, 2019, 9:04 am

So first its Racism, then its the Judiciary to blame for having pity on criminals thats blamed for out failing society and rampant increase in our criminal element...………. so its never the governments fault and their lack of vision and the fact that we need much more social improvement rather than a stupid interchange or a highway to Point?

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 29th, 2019, 9:07 am

Who knows it....knows it
Attachments
IMG-20190729-WA0016.jpg

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » July 29th, 2019, 9:09 am

they must have smelt the fake oil in all dem foreigner hair.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”