Forums

Happy emancipation day

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Happy emancipation day

Postby zoom rader » August 1st, 2019, 10:22 am

Happy emancipation day , seems no one wishing folk happy emancipation day to the folk that deserve it.

Advertisement
eitech
30 pounds of Boost

Re: Happy emancipation day

Postby eitech » August 1st, 2019, 10:40 am

zoom rader wrote:Happy emancipation day , seems no one wishing folk happy emancipation day to the folk that deserve it.

Aye zoom, yuh cyah use words with “MAN” in it again. Yuh assuming gender. LOL

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » August 1st, 2019, 10:44 am

eitech wrote:
zoom rader wrote:Happy emancipation day , seems no one wishing folk happy emancipation day to the folk that deserve it.

Aye zoom, yuh cyah use words with “MAN” in it again. Yuh assuming gender. LOL
Well maybe so,.but no one wishing these folk a happy day.

Kaffka Kambon is not pleased

hydroep
punchin NOS

Postby hydroep » August 1st, 2019, 10:51 am

Perhaps people realise the jig is up and there was never really true emancipation, just a substitution of one group of "massas" for another...:|

Anyways, Happy Emancipation everyone. For what it's worth Bob Marley got it right...what a pity very few have heeded his words:

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds." -- Bob Marley, "Redemption Song"

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » August 1st, 2019, 11:25 am

The tuner turn out to support emancipation day or discovery Day is disappointing.

K74T
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby K74T » August 1st, 2019, 11:28 am

zoom rader wrote:The tuner turn out to support emancipation day or discovery Day is disappointing.
Better dey throw yuh back in de hole, yuh taking it on like issa horn.

hydroep
punchin NOS

Postby hydroep » August 1st, 2019, 11:32 am

PM: ‘Slavery has left many a black person scarred’
Keino Swamber

THE Prime Minister says part of the long-term effects of the slave trade and slavery on its descendants include the struggle of a people, trying since 1838 when slavery was abolished, “to establish personhood and dignity in a world, in which racism has been deeply institutionalised.

In his Emancipation Day 2019 message to the nation, Dr Rowley said: “Slavery has left many a black person scarred and denuded of basic values. In the eyes of some, the perception remains that blacks have been placed at the bottom of every ‘good’ list, and the top of every ‘bad’ one. Despite, their strengths, resourcefulness and intelligence, they are forced, still, to cry out to the world that ‘black is beautiful, too.’”

He said, as we celebrate Emancipation Day as a national holiday, it is important to note that we in TT are unique in that we have been commemorating the abolition of slavery in the former British West Indies since August 1, 1985.

“We have long recognised slavery as the sad, dark, side of human existence, in that almost every people, every race across the world has had this wretched experience, but we from West Africa have suffered the worst.

“Historians continue to document these cruel exploitations, in human societies, from century-old events in the Arab world to the evolution of democracy in ancient Greece, developments which helped to shape modern Western civilisation of which we are a part.”

Rowley said, recent studies in social psychology now suggest that the scars and oppression of slavery are lodged generations after in their collective unconscious – in the minds of Africans in the Caribbean and the Americas.

“In short, theirs, as we say, is a double whammy: institutionalised racism on one hand; and the mental chains of pain and suffering held within their own psyches.

“But this is the 21st century. A tectonic shift is taking place; there is a new ‘scramble for Africa.’ The world’s superpowers are turning attention to Africa, again, as the new economic frontier. The UN predicts that by 2025 there will be more Africans than Chinese people in the world, as African economies are among the fastest growing in the world.”

He said what this means for the African person in TT is a question that every one of this race must ask. He urged citizens to acknowledge the past and continue to research the rich, historical ancestry of African civilisations – “the legacy from whence we came.

“We must continue to remember how we came here and what we are engaged in building here, a new society based on equality and harmony in our colourful and vibrant democracy. Remember the struggles of the fore parents on and off the plantations to the birth and growth of this nation.

“Then let us find ways to unlock and emancipate ourselves from the mental chains, and, finally, embrace the opportunities of the 21st century – with an understanding that TT will only achieve the future which we all, as citizens, create for our generations to come.”

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/08/01/pm-slavery-has-left-many-a-black-person-scarred/

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » August 1st, 2019, 11:41 am

K74T wrote:
zoom rader wrote:The tuner turn out to support emancipation day or discovery Day is disappointing.
Better dey throw yuh back in de hole, yuh taking it on like issa horn.
Don't you want to wish happy emancipation day to those that look forward to it?

MaxPower
punchin NOS

Postby MaxPower » August 1st, 2019, 12:07 pm

What a waste of a public holiday.

matix
Riding on 16's

Postby matix » August 1st, 2019, 12:40 pm

Zoom good to see you out. Try not to get banned so regularly nah

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 1st, 2019, 12:49 pm

Why allyuh out here posting. Khafra say to take the day off.

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » August 1st, 2019, 12:57 pm

matix wrote:Zoom good to see you out. Try not to get banned so regularly nah
Getting bann ban doh matter. These frauds and their hissy fit behaviour need tobe exposed

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » August 1st, 2019, 1:13 pm

rspann wrote:Why allyuh out here posting. Khafra say to take the day off.
Dats ole talk, I have two folk building a new cow pen for me right now. Dem doh care about holiday, when my wuk done then dem on holiday.

Rovin
punchin NOS

Postby Rovin » August 1st, 2019, 3:03 pm

*put on d chune & relaxing myself listening to it ....

Numb3r4
Riding on 17's

Postby Numb3r4 » August 1st, 2019, 5:07 pm

Happy Emancipation Day folks.

Ben_spanna
Riding on 18's

Postby Ben_spanna » August 2nd, 2019, 7:34 am

I think more than 70% or ALl africans in this country still use slavery as an piss poor excuse for their current failures.

hydroep
punchin NOS

Postby hydroep » August 2nd, 2019, 8:00 am

Calling out the hypocrites...

Gay pride, Christian shame, mental emancipation
BC Pires

THANK GOD IT’S FRIDAY

YOU COULD spot the two Pentecostal preachers at the Gay Pride celebration in Port of Spain’s Mandela Park on Sunday easily: they were the only unhappy people in the place. Scowling, holding their placards filled with biblically-justified hatred in front of them like shields, their eyebrows were as knotted as their insides, their stomachs turned sick by what they were seeing…which was the happiest people in Port of Spain.

How could these miserable holy firetruckers miss this joy, I wondered. And how could anyone else, looking from the one to the other, choose the believers’ rigid anger and hate over the fluid joy – some of them almost too fluid, like Diamond, who effortlessly lifted his leg up past his ear and then dropped to a full split in the middle of the road, to the delight of everyone but the snarling preachers.

How could anyone choose the hate of these certain men of God over the love of the so-called sinners? If you had to choose, wouldn’t you prefer to go to a drag queen show than church, to mas than to Mass? (At least the show changes week-to-week at nightclubs.)

You only had to look away from the lesbian American with what may be the world’s most wickedly-infectious smile, who married a Trini woman and moved here, and who explains that the essential oils on sale in their stall are better than regular ones because they’re made by gay people, to the growling, frothing-at-the-mouth Pentecostals to see where love truly resides. My friend K (not her real initial) pointed with her mouth to the preachers. “They should just cover them in pink glitter,” she said.

The opposite of love is not hatred, but indifference. Men who rail against homosexuality must have a problem with it that requires some sort of inner struggle to reconcile, or they really wouldn’t care who slept with whom, no matter what Leviticus says.

You never see anyone plucking shrimp off other people’s plates and, except in Trump’s America, no one tells a white person she shouldn’t marry a black one, or climbs over a sports ground wall to wag his finger in the face of a cricketer and tell him he really should play football. To care about someone else’s sex life is, well, to care about it; it’s incomprehensible that they can’t leave it alone…unless their own interest has been pricked. As a gay friend says, “Darling, it’s better to be blatant than latent!”

In a week that began with pride – remember, the word is really Sabbath-day, ie, Saturday – and ended with emancipation, it was genuinely difficult to listen to two black men, who would not be at Mandela Park at all but for African slavery in the New World, as they clung wretchedly to the same Bible that deprived their ancestors of their liberty for 400 years, to attempt to deny the humanity of people just like them! (The most literal interpretation – which Pentecostals love – of the commandment Jesus Christ supposedly himself declared to be above all others, “Love they neighbour as thyself,” would seem to be an argument in favour of, not against, same-gender love.)

It’s hard, every agnostic knows, not to be sympathetic to believers, especially to believers who have endured great suffering. When you fall from faith (and rise above Catholic guilt, Judaic shame, Muslim self-abnegation), you’re left with the bleakest of blank slates: life has no meaning whatever, except the one you can create; anyone who understands that must empathise with those who prefer to hold on to a grand illusion or delusion.

But every agnostic also knows that the only one who can save you is yourself.

What stops black men, in emancipation week, from seeing other human beings who are free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, free at last?

By definition, believers live in a fantasy world; and one of the most enduring Christian fantasies I’ve heard fall from the lips of the devout is how lucky they would have been to have lived at the time that Jesus walked the Earth. I’ve heard several people declare how fervently they would have worshipped him, if only they’d been there!

But the believers of today would not have welcomed, back then, something new, like, “Love thy neighbour” or “Gay Pride;” they would have been with the religion of the day, the Pharisees.

They would not have loved Jesus.

They would have crucified him.

With God-fearing pride.

BC Pires is a try sexual.

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/08/02/gay-pride-christian-shame-mental-emancipation/

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » August 2nd, 2019, 9:22 am

Oh well emancipation day done. Back to work

Rovin
punchin NOS

Postby Rovin » August 2nd, 2019, 7:04 pm

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 2nd, 2019, 7:49 pm

This evening on 102.1 Fm ,Skippy say he find Growlers look like Archbishop Desmond Tutu son, Alumpa in the emancipation day celebrations.

Numb3r4
Riding on 17's

Postby Numb3r4 » August 2nd, 2019, 9:55 pm

rspann wrote:This evening on 102.1 Fm ,Skippy say he find Growlers look like Archbishop Desmond Tutu son, Alumpa in the emancipation day celebrations.

Yes Alumpa and he had a sister Alotta.....

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 3rd, 2019, 6:46 am

Alumpa Tutu. Any body have a pic?

MaxPower
punchin NOS

Postby MaxPower » August 3rd, 2019, 8:43 am

rspann wrote:Alumpa Tutu. Any body have a pic?

Alumpa?????

Wtf kinda name is that?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 3rd, 2019, 8:53 am

It take Isha Wells a good few minutes to catch on, and I doubt she woulda figure it out if Richard Noray didn't tell Skippy to behave and they was giggling. I know you is a bright fella. Do better that that nah. Post the pic.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 3rd, 2019, 8:55 am

Every time Faris and Stuarty talk I remember the sister. Alotta Tutu.

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » August 3rd, 2019, 10:05 am

rspann wrote:Every time Faris and Stuarty talk I remember the sister. Alotta Tutu.
I only remember what I left in my latrine when hear them talk

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 3rd, 2019, 10:29 am

Latrine eradication programme ain't reach embacadere yet? Waapen allyuh doh have no gang leaders up dey?

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » August 3rd, 2019, 10:38 am

rspann wrote:Latrine eradication programme ain't reach embacadere yet? Waapen allyuh doh have no gang leaders up dey?
We have an MP called Randall Mitchell, only saw him once for last elections. When i pong hard questions to him he evaded me and his mob gave me the cold look.

One of the questions is why are there still latrines in Pleasantville, he never answered and ran off

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 3rd, 2019, 10:52 am

Allyuh ain't even kick some dutty water in he skunt?

zoom rader
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby zoom rader » August 3rd, 2019, 10:58 am

rspann wrote:Allyuh ain't even kick some dutty water in he skunt?
I have to walk a lil distance to get water from the Stand pipe and that is if there is water in the pipe.

Plus when it have water in the pipe them PNM ppl does be washing car and burning herbs while blasting vibes cartel.

I hope this is not inciting racial undertones, mods might bann me agian

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”