Forums

Disgusting Fishermen & Spear-fisherman in Macqueripe

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sharkmouth
Trinituner Peong

Disgusting Fishermen & Spear-fisherman in Macqueripe

Postby sharkmouth » August 11th, 2019, 5:19 pm

Last edited by sharkmouth on August 12th, 2019, 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

sharkmouth
Trinituner Peong

Re: Disgusting Fishermen in Macqueripe

Postby sharkmouth » August 11th, 2019, 5:22 pm

The video not embedding?

computercentral
Trinituner Peong

Postby computercentral » August 11th, 2019, 5:56 pm

We are trinis.......

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 11th, 2019, 6:04 pm

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » August 11th, 2019, 7:02 pm

Good clickbait title but it's not only fishermen who engage in this type of behaviour at that particular spot in macqueripe. It's general liming behaviour of Trinidadians who refuse to be civil and respectful to anyone or anything. There's nothing to catch there anyway when it's so often frequented by the spearos as well (despite the sign- no spearfishing allowed)

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 11th, 2019, 7:23 pm

Used to fish there long ago
Used to carry a castnet and catch jacks
Caught many decent cavali and black grouper

Sad but the whole country is littered badly

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Re: Disgusting Fishermen & Spear-fisherman in Macqueripe

Postby screwbash » August 11th, 2019, 7:41 pm

yuh hadda pay $20 to go dey. leh dey spend dat money and hire mts to pass and clean up in the morning. wtf yuh paying d $20 for ?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 11th, 2019, 7:45 pm

I doubt it's the dedicated fishermen who know their trade would do this. Pollution kills the environment and fish, and they would know it. It's very likely the weekend drunk clowns with the coolers and rum and kfc who visit to make a "fishing lime", make a set of hooligan raucous and then leave the place stink like their own homes. Like the Shark River Garbage thread. Stink people.

khandman
3NE 2NR for life

Postby khandman » August 11th, 2019, 7:57 pm

screwbash wrote:yuh hadda pay $20 to go dey. leh dey spend dat money and hire mts to pass and clean up in the morning. wtf yuh paying d $20 for ?

Typical jackass response

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 11th, 2019, 8:50 pm

khandman wrote:
screwbash wrote:yuh hadda pay $20 to go dey. leh dey spend dat money and hire mts to pass and clean up in the morning. wtf yuh paying d $20 for ?

Typical jackass response

linton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby linton » August 11th, 2019, 9:42 pm

`
You really that dotish? or you trying to get attention?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 11th, 2019, 9:49 pm

I dont see anything new here....just another example of allyuh STINK Trinidadians.

Its a blasted shame.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » August 12th, 2019, 4:08 am

linton wrote:

`
You really that dotish? or you trying to get attention?

sjuan laventill corporation does pass and clean up maracas and tyrico every morning. yuh paying $30 tuh park in the car park wut yuh feel dat money for? is tuh maintain the beach. if ah pay meh $20 tuh park in makareep leh dem pay ah man yuh come clean up after meh. wtf they taking the money tuh do wat? fix the road to makareep ? NO, maintain the wireless cameras ? NO. they taking the money tuh maintain the golf course. allyuh lucky the entire road to makareep aint littered with rubbish. some year ago the lock up ah seta dem form CDA for tiefing money or somting.... daz y the beach stink... blame the men who teif out the money not the men who go tuh lime and leff they rubbish dey. the men leff it in a garbage bag.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 12th, 2019, 5:52 am

we should not need to be paying ppl to cleanup behind us

i went barbados the other day, did not see litter on any beach i went
not any plastic bottles on any road

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » August 12th, 2019, 7:10 am

pugboy wrote:we should not need to be paying ppl to cleanup behind us

all this to say u went barbados

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » August 12th, 2019, 7:22 am

Trinidadians are just to undisciplined and ignorant to do any better, preach and preach to them and they forget or ignore you because they are just too fking lazy or have that feeling of entitlement that they feel as if they can do whatever they want to without regard.

Its why we will continue to have floods, we will continue to have excess waste and a building up plastics because our people refuse to try and help our environment.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 12th, 2019, 7:39 am

MaxPower wrote:I dont see anything new here....just another example of allyuh STINK Trinidadians.

Its a blasted shame.

According to eleitauto you a self hater

Zoom Rader may get bann for quoting Eleitauto.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 12th, 2019, 7:48 am

zoom rader wrote:
MaxPower wrote:I dont see anything new here....just another example of allyuh STINK Trinidadians.

Its a blasted shame.

According to eleitauto you a Trini hater

Zoom Rader may get bann for quoting Eleitauto.

Edited.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 12th, 2019, 10:01 am

dean_spleen09 wrote:
pugboy wrote:we should not need to be paying ppl to cleanup behind us

all this to say u went barbados
In Trinidad, lots of dogs are walking the beaches in the evening and tear into the trash bags that are left on the ground or next to a trash bin.

I go to Barbados regularly. I see Bajans taking their trash with them when they leave. I have never driven behind a taxi in Barbados and seen trash thrown from it either. But maybe that's because the taxis are so packed that you can't raise your arm.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » August 12th, 2019, 10:38 am

As much as trinis dirty mentality is to blame for this, I also have to agree with screwbash. Wey d morney going to?
Ent you paying $20 or how much to 'upkeep' the areas, which is separate from the fee if you want to buss a chit?
I know it definitely wasn't for car park security a few years now. (don't know if that changed)

I not saying that alyuh should pay people to clean the rubbish, but is the lesser of 2 evils.
You can't change trini rubbish mentality overnight.
Yes, charge them or light them up if you catch them, but you might as well allocate some of the morney to 'cleaning'
Unless you prefer CDA spend 10 million for 3 logitech webcams that will never function.

Now in places where you not paying anything and still stinking up the place they should make you take off your clothes and roll in your garbage. Let dem totey rub up in the coke can mouth.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 12th, 2019, 10:59 am

You can trace the problem of itter to the notion disposable packaging that is highly profitable and used to excess worldwide.

The Origins of Anti-Litter Campaigns

I’ve never known anyone who was objectively pro-litter. Litter’s awful. It’s disgusting. We’re all agreed. But it seems that the nationwide anti-litter campaign, which began in the 1950s, was a bit less pure in its origins. According to Heather Rogers’ Gone Tomorrow: The Hidden Life of Garbage, the entire anti-litter movement was initiated by a consortium of industry groups who wanted to divert the nation’s attention away from even more radical legislation to control the amount of waste these companies were putting out. It’s a good story worth retelling.

After World War II, the story goes, American manufacturers were running at full blast, and needed American consumers to keep buying more and more junk if they wanted to maintain their profit margins. And since there’s an upper limit to how much junk a given family genuinely needs to own, manufacturers had to figure out how to convince consumers to keep throwing their existing stuff out, so that they would buy new stuff.

In part, that meant companies had to ensure that in a few short years consumer goods would become either unfashionable (advertising can do that), or obsolete (simply stop offering customer support for anything a few years old), or broken (like the non-replaceable batteries in iPods that wear out after two years). Giles Slade describes some of these strategies in his book, Made to Break, and they’re techniques that have existed for decades now. But another way to ensure that factories could keep churning out junk was to introduce “non-renewable” packaging for products—for instance, the aluminum soda can—that could be produced, trashed, and then produced again.

The problem is that all of this endless—and needless—manufacturing creates a lot of garbage and pollution that generally wreaks havoc on the earth. (Packaging currently accounts for one-third of all trash in the United States today.) And eventually people wised up to this fact. In 1953 Vermont passed a law banning “throwaway bottles,” after farmers complained that glass bottles were being tossed into haystacks and being eaten by unsuspecting cows. Suddenly, state legislatures appeared poised to pass laws that would require manufacturers—and the packaging industry in particular—to make less junk in the first place. Horrors.

So that’s where litter comes in. In 1953, the packaging industry—led by American Can Company and Owens-Illinois Glass Company, inventors of the one-way can and bottle, respectively—joined up with other industry leaders, including Coca-Cola and the Dixie Cup Company to form Keep America Beautiful (KAB), which still exists today. KAB was well-funded and started a massive media campaign to rail against bad environmental habits on the part of individuals rather than businesses. And that meant cracking down on litter. Within the first few years, KAB had statewide antilitter campaigns planned or running in thirty-two states.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... campaigns/

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » August 12th, 2019, 11:12 am

Blaze d Chalice wrote:As much as trinis dirty mentality is to blame for this, I also have to agree with screwbash. Wey d morney going to?
Ent you paying $20 or how much to 'upkeep' the areas, which is separate from the fee if you want to buss a chit?
I know it definitely wasn't for car park security a few years now. (don't know if that changed)

I not saying that alyuh should pay people to clean the rubbish, but is the lesser of 2 evils.
You can't change trini rubbish mentality overnight.
Yes, charge them or light them up if you catch them, but you might as well allocate some of the morney to 'cleaning'
Unless you prefer CDA spend 10 million for 3 logitech webcams that will never function.

Now in places where you not paying anything and still stinking up the place they should make you take off your clothes and roll in your garbage. Let dem totey rub up in the coke can mouth.

Only we are to blame. There is no justification for big hard back men and women needing people to pick up after them. If that's the case stay home and pay your $20 for someone to come wipe your @$$ for you cuz nobody want to be around your sh!t. Let me tell you why you are wrong.

1. Cleaning is most likely done daily. That means with this mentality you are ok with playing in people rubbish if you visiting in the evening when the littering has started. I would say i rather not roll around in filth. That can only be achieved by everybody doing their part to always keep the area clean.

2. You seem to be content with the way things are and see no room for improvement. I would like to see things get better but that can't be done if you spending all your money to just keep things the way they are. Yes I know you will talk about corruption and tax dollars wasting anyway but thats a seperate problem out of our control. If they have less/no litter to spend money cleaning up then that money can be put elsewhere. Like fixing those carrot sheds as you enter maqueripe.

It's time everybody start doing their part. I always on the side of regular trinis but this is one thing that I say entirely on us cuz you can't blame race, religion or poverty for you littering. Do better than that nah man!

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 12th, 2019, 11:50 am

that is the positive of kfc and royal castle
they using paper packaging
only thing plastic is the fork and straw

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » August 12th, 2019, 12:24 pm

Actually, McDonald's paper straw is less biodegradable than their plastic ones. Wtf???

Seriously trinis too stink for their own good

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » August 12th, 2019, 1:14 pm

I think a lot of you need to drive further west and you will see those "fishermen" and swimmers who frequent the coastline close to anchorage/TT Sail association... they leave behind all of their garbage, their empty beer bottles , cups, plates... just fking nasty and they do that weekend after weekend...……….

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 12th, 2019, 2:04 pm

the new style "biodegradeable" food containers are apparently only degradeable when processed in an industrial plant
of which the closest is in the USA....
they cost more and result in more profits

matr1x wrote:Actually, McDonald's paper straw is less biodegradable than their plastic ones. Wtf???

Seriously trinis too stink for their own good

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » August 13th, 2019, 10:15 am

Slartibartfast wrote:Only we are to blame. There is no justification for big hard back men and women needing people to pick up after them. If that's the case stay home and pay your $20 for someone to come wipe your @$$ for you cuz nobody want to be around your sh!t.

No I not defending the littering bantons, they are the problem.
If you go anywhere and throw your chit, paid or non-paid, it is a problem.

But what I am saying, is that in a place where you paying money to enter, and that money is NOT for car park security nor washroom facilities, (does it even have a lifeguard there?) etc, how come they don't have someone to clean?

Not just human garbage, but to go up on that side and move chit like branches and stone and moss and see what going on?
Some of that rubbish look like it was there a while too, so I won't doubt if every next pest see the previous pests rubbish and say, 'yeah look here is where to dispose it." You see some of it was in bags?

And from what I said in the previous post, they could pay a piper at 'higher-than-piper' wage to clean up that mess, in a day maximum, but it seems the version of cepep or who in charge of cleaning, not aware of it or pretending.

The trini mentality is not the best mentality, and it will take a while to change.
Many trinis live like that at home. I don't have the exact figure but it is in the majority.
And this has nothing to do with poverty or race.
The only way they could immediately fix this is to make the punishment for littering life imprisonment, execution or amputation, but we know that not happening.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”