Quarreling and Threats = Results? T&T 2019

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Quarreling and Threats = Results? T&T 2019

Postby stev » September 4th, 2019, 4:23 am

BEWARE.............the following is probably a 'CSB'

DISCLAIMER: Don't quarrel off the bat u stupid fool....

so what is it for the past 3 years? apparently u have to 'make a scene' to get basic services done? Are trinis getting lazier? is it the hard job market? what the actual hell?

RBC July 2019

```Request a $5,000 increase on credit card at RBC St. Augustine
```Promised increased in 3 - 4 business days (wasn't in a hurry)
```1 week after application I was told that head office approved (i called)
```after three weeks, got a call for a proof of regular payment (payslip which was provided at the time of application)
```Provided payslip again (i wasn't really in a hurry before...but time is wasting)
```5th week............nothing (patience running thin cuz increase is needed for business purposes)
```6th week...Asked somewhat aggressively what's the process for withdrawing and closing my account....got the increase same day :|

Digicel August 2019

```Call customer service (6.00pm Friday) - "my internet is not working, I need it for my work VPN"
```They are aware of the problem and will try to get it resolved as ASAP (promised 24 hours) and it's a broken fiber affecting the neighborhood :/

```Call customer service (6.00pm Sunday) - his response "buh dey fix it. Why u doh have intahnet?" ....wtmc :evil:

Monday 9.00am - "What's the process of disconnection? I still have Flow coax in my house"...
Monday 11.30am - internet restored

Flow March 2019

Email + Text - Dear, Stev__ ______, please contact Caribbean debt collectors to settle your debt or hand in your outstanding equipment

Response: Blah Blah Blah, I've returned all equipment + cables and cleared the bill...blah blah blah

Debt Collectors: No sir, you haven't

Response = basically: ok lawyer?

Debt Collectors = "my bad, we now saw that you did, "Sorry"

June 2019

Brentwood Gas Station

Me: can I have 220 on four please?

Me: I not getting anything

Cashier: u said "pump 14"

Me: "no I said Pump 4 PLEASE"

Cashier: Well somebody gone with your gas

Me: ok well that's your bad, put it on my pump

Supervisor: no, we cant do that, u said pump 4

Me: My tank on E, i have a receipt that I paid for 220 gas at 11.27pm...unless you want me to flash my 220 receipt with an empty tank u better put my gas...

...#pussymove: hands attendant $200 (i can afford, maybe she cant)

but at the end of all this...why do I need to resort to aggression or worthless threats to get something done?
Is it laziness?
Is it that I'm impatient? (I don't think so)
Is it Duane?
Or maybe Major Tom for talking too much sense?
Probably zoom? I saw he was blamed in some thread...for some sheit i didnt read
Is blaming the government still a thing?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Quarreling and Threats = Results? T&T 2019

Postby De Dragon » September 4th, 2019, 5:31 am

I think it is the missing "e"

hondablood
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby hondablood » September 4th, 2019, 6:14 am

you try saying "please' ?

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 4th, 2019, 6:38 am

Squeaky wheel does get the grease...:|

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 4th, 2019, 6:51 am

“Trinis are getting lazier” - you could not have said it any better.

But making a scene doesnt always work.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » September 4th, 2019, 7:30 am

One sentencw that sums it all for being lazy.....Rowley blaming Kamla..
Rel laziness.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 4th, 2019, 7:46 am

Trinidads work ethic and culture... that about sums it up, very few people put in an honest days work, they come to work when they feel to and work when they want, and when you as the employer get on their case, you being accused of being a slave driver and being unfair...
And sadly the Union is always quick to protect a lazy MF employee..... and stomp on the company..... why else you think our public service is the worst in the world? the PS are protected and they know it, thats why they stay home so often, reach to work late, take hours for lunch, and then lock off by 2 or 3...………
And that will never change...…….
Just look on this board for examples of the above characteristics... there are quite a few tuners who in the past swear that all employers are out to exploit their employees …. I guess thats what happens when youre suffering and have never had to attempt to try and run your own business with the labor force that exists.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 4th, 2019, 7:48 am

Op you are not alone. To do any business in Trinidad you always have to know someone to get anything done. People just attend work and don't work. I fully agree with Dr Rowley of people going to work just to collect a pay check.

Cases with the bank I have had before and made the same threats. Problem Solved
Direct TV was the same they tried to take my equipment saying I and did not pay for it, lawyer letter in they MC. Solved
Ford, had issues with car. No talk Lawyer letter and court action in dey in MC. problem solved. Never brought another 1 % car after.
PNM ppl next door built car Shed and water from their roof falls in my yard. Spoke to dem and its all kind cuss and bump gum from them. Reported to town and country with lawyer on stand by ,took a year but problem solved.
PNM ppl next burning rubbish in their yard , spoke to dem that smoke is affecting me. Level cuss from dem. Called fire services , they came and issued them with a warning of burning rubbish without a permit.

All these things people do to test you.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 4th, 2019, 7:52 am

put back the 'e' and would see performance!!

on a real, people too wrong and strong. they have little regard for the other human beings. in japan, the culture is courtesy to other people

when u walk the road, u dont walk thinking other people need space to walk, that cars need space to drive. etc etc etc.

a very self centrist society

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 4th, 2019, 7:55 am

zoom rader wrote:Op you are not alone. To do any business in Trinidad you always have to know someone to get anything done. People just attend work and don't work. I fully agree with Dr Rowley of people going to work just to collect a pay check.

Cases with the bank I have had before and made the same threats. Problem Solved
Direct TV was the same they tried to take my equipment saying I and did not pay for it, lawyer letter in they MC. Solved
Ford, had issues with car. No talk Lawyer letter and court action in dey in MC. problem solved. Never brought another 1 % car after.
PNM ppl next door built car Shed and water from their roof falls in my yard. Spoke to dem and its all kind cuss and bump gum from them. Reported to town and country with lawyer on stand by ,took a year but problem solved.
PNM ppl next burning rubbish in their yard , spoke to dem that smoke is affecting me. Level cuss from dem. Called fire services , they came and issued them with a warning of burning rubbish without a permit.

All these things people do to test you.

its not about YOU and testing you, this is the end result of a lawless society of worthless ignorant Fkholes that now live in our country. Everything for people is now about violence and ignorance.... yes when youre a person who trys to stay withing the legal frame of society you have no other alternative than to resort to going to court, but our court system leaves much to be desired as well and it far to frustrating and time consurimg sometimes.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 4th, 2019, 8:07 am

Rule of thumb: if the service isn't good take your business elsewhere. But in some cases it eh so simple.

Back in the day when banks were building their clientele, customer service was among the best you could find.

Now, banking is practically a necessity shored up by "oppressive" State legislation so they can afford to treat people like shyte...because what else you gonna do? (Though, to be fair there are alternatives like Credit Unions if you're willing to make the move and a few compromises).

Buh leh dem go ahead. With all the stress people under these days someone, somewhere gonna snap — and that go be the end of the story...:|

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » September 4th, 2019, 8:11 am

sMASH wrote:put back the 'e' and would see performance!!

on a real, people too wrong and strong. they have little regard for the other human beings. in japan, the culture is courtesy to other people

when u walk the road, u dont walk thinking other people need space to walk, that cars need space to drive. etc etc etc.

a very self centrist society

yep same thing i was sayin on another thread, ppl here is the worse quick the blame everybody else (d 1%, d govt, pnm/unc) but never look at theyself. If yuh cud afford get out wi cuz it ent goin an get better.

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » September 4th, 2019, 8:18 am

Some credit unions not far behind the banks with regards to customer service or lack thereof.

Just yesterday i made a simple request via email to the Senior Sales Rep at the credit union I am with, the tone of her email response prompted me to call the manager, which i did and eventually forwarded the email to...

I let them know there are other options for me and my money...sometimes you need to remind them who needs who more.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 4th, 2019, 8:25 am

I know some very profitable businesses that do not tolerate no raising voice, verbal abuse or threats. They will refund you in a heartbeat and kindly tun yuh mc out their business. They can learn from their mistakes, work harder, attract better customers and blacklist the wajangs accordingly.....key word - “better”....i.e - businesses are choosing which customers they want, dont feel all begging.

Allyuh Trinis dont feel allyuh stink smelly mouth can get allyuh what allyuh want any where allyuh go. Go by the doubles vendor.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 4th, 2019, 8:32 am

its also why so many people choose to buy Online and bring in their own thing, you dont have to put up with some local who will refuse to give you warranty or your money back. You buy online and know who youre buying from you can send stuff back, you can get warranty without a sour face or have to face the" well leave it here and we will try and fix it" …

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 4th, 2019, 8:39 am

What if I told you that large companies and institutions have a bureaucratic process made to intentionally frustrate you with the goal of better customer retention? It's a psychology thing that corporate has worked out and it's been working for a long time. Don't think that your problems are limited to Trini attitude. The corporate customer service system itself is built that way to frustrate you so you will be left with "battered wife syndrome." You find this especially in companies that need to retain your service payments to make money like communications, banking, insurance, or large companies that have a monopoly. Yeah, this isn't just a Trini thing. Read the horror stories on Reddit about Comcast and AT&T and Chase bank in USA, etc. It's the same story. You know Apple repair guy Louis Rossmann? He has a recorded convo with proof of how Time-Warner did this with his internet service. They even put callback numbers that hang up on itself to frustrate the customer more. Apple customer service and repair is another infamous frustrating and ridiculous customer experience with their retarded "Genius Bar." Seeing the pattern? All massive corporations.

At the end of the day, did you leave any of the said companies? So their plan works right? They want it to be very difficult for you to be able to leave, and then you yourself will think it's not worth the hassle and all the run around paperwork and installation fees to start with a new company, keep frustrating the customer... and then when you're at your end, they magically fix the problem right? Immediate relief! Battered Wife Syndrome. Yuh hadda beat them for them to know you love them kind of thing. Some women know they've invested too much to just leave. Some women cannot leave because who will provide, etc. Then say sorry and buy her some jewelry or something. Same with you and a company's service. Oh, we're so sorry sir about your experience, have a free month's service, we do apologize again, anything else we can do for you? And even if you make it through the gate, the rest of them are the same out there. You won't get better customer service from anyone else. Not worth it to leave, See?

This is why dealing with small businesses usually gives you more satisfaction, especially where you get higher and immediate attention, even from the owner. The gas station thing was a mistake, but a careless one and should have called the manager. It's their fault they don't have a better system and I'm surprised that this kind of issue doesn't happened several times a day. Hence "no calling out of bets" policy at Lotto booths.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » September 4th, 2019, 9:05 am

I had to lie to leave directv.

Asked for discontinuation of their services, effective July 01. The ignored me.

I paid the bill for July, well because I still had it. Tried for August 01. Again they said, yes, but it was still there on August 01.

Finally told them I migrating and nobody go be here to pay any bill. September 01, services removed.
Still owing them for August.
And got a bill today for the non existent service for September, which I'll be ignoring.

----
Yesterday was the so-called 'five working days' to receive a credit card from Scotia. Playing wait and see for the rest of the week.

A friend told me she got approved for a Scotia credit card and that it would be sent in the mail. It never reached. Lo and behold, apparently she had to pay an annual fee. She told them and they said they would reverse the charge. A month later, bill received, but no credit card and she was still owing an annual fee. She had to go in and threaten to close her account with them to get the charge reversed. She still closed the account.

----

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » September 4th, 2019, 9:32 am

In all those cases you are dealing with people doing menial jobs that most likely don't pay well.

Sure we can blame laziness, but what if laziness is a symptom of something else like lack of motivation. Imagine you working a repetitive job, that offers no mental of physical stimulation and creates nothing. You would not do something like that by choice so the only reason you put up with something that sh!tty is because you being paid to, but, what you going to do if your pay sh!tty to?

I'm not excusing anybody eh, just a thought. Oh and don't threaten to leave a bank. I had the same issue with Republic in Sando. Went back three times for a credit card only to be told I was approved way below the limit I wanted for a card that I didn't want because the rep thought I wouldn't really need the limit or card I was asking for cuz I looked young. She changed my request without even talking to be and made me come in two additional times for issues that could have been dealt with over the phone. I went to to another bank and opened an account that same day, transferred all my money via online banking (I poor so that didn.t require any special procedure for my small money) and closed my account within the week. No need to take other ppl sh!t.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 4th, 2019, 12:30 pm

Had to disconnect my Blink Vigilance system from TSTT as the property was sold. Made the request for disconnection in person at the customer service center, they came 2 months later and removed the equipment. Still got charged for the two months because "disconnection takes effect when the equipment is removed." If there was a query, had to write some manager. Wrote the manager, manager responded and say the charges stand. Sent back a letter stating that is unacceptable outlining the sequence of events and a veiled threat of legal action.

Charges removed and the account now has a credit.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 4th, 2019, 1:04 pm

There was a very nice gentleman peddling Blink/TSTT/bMobile/Amplia services in Massy Gulf View but I declined due to previous poor customer service experiences. Apparently he received similar feedback from other people as well.

These poor folks does have to take flak for the sh!t others does be doing...:|

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » September 4th, 2019, 3:02 pm

hondablood wrote:you try saying "please' ?

I did...and it cost $420 :lol:

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 4th, 2019, 5:09 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:its also why so many people choose to buy Online and bring in their own thing, you dont have to put up with some local who will refuse to give you warranty or your money back. You buy online and know who youre buying from you can send stuff back, you can get warranty without a sour face or have to face the" well leave it here and we will try and fix it" …

Exactly,

Thanks to Amazon, online banking/utility bill payment etc there is minimal interaction with Trinidadian disgusting service. And thanks to chinese, venezuelans and syrians etc for being available in the event of face to face interaction. Worst case for drivers permit, passport renewal etc, all it takes is a lil bribe and these Trinis are like puppets lol

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 13th, 2019, 7:42 am

So Scotia supposed boasting half a billion $$ in profits, Rep always saying how much million and million they making, yet local businesses catching their tails still to get Usd and these same banks supposedly never have enough to give the local companies.
Service is terrible at the counters.... you have to put up with rude, disgusting employees and yet we have to rock back and just accept it because without a bank you cant do business and carry out foreign transactions?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 13th, 2019, 9:07 am

Ben_spanna wrote:So Scotia supposed boasting half a billion $$ in profits, Rep always saying how much million and million they making, yet local businesses catching their tails still to get Usd and these same banks supposedly never have enough to give the local companies.
Service is terrible at the counters.... you have to put up with rude, disgusting employees and yet we have to rock back and just accept it because without a bank you cant do business and carry out foreign transactions?

Scotiabank Trinidad and Tobago (nor any other local bank) does not typically generate their revenue in $US. Any they generate will be thiers to keep. Banks sell you what CBTT puts on the market.

Their profitability has nothing to do with your ability or inability to get US$.

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » September 13th, 2019, 9:50 am

daz a normal thing in some of dem gas station, happened to me once but they rectify it one time, but yea customer ain't exactly top notch here

Skanky
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Skanky » September 13th, 2019, 10:01 am

I've come to realize that being polite and acting in a gentlemanly fashion gets you nowhere in Trinidad. You can be nice in general but you just have to have that muffler bearing lurking right under your skin ready to come out at a moment's notice and you would get the results you want from trinis.

Case in point......over the holidays I bought my son's school books very early in August from a store in a mall. When we bought the book the correct book was available but the attendant insisted this new revised book was the same and we should buy it and because of store policy she cannot sell us the correct book, even though we watching it on the shelf.
No problem.

Second week of school teacher tells us the book is incorrect get the correct one on the booklist.We go back in without a bill of course because weeks have passed, and they refuse to change the book. The book is in pristine condition with the clear plastic covering and they tell us they cannot accept it because it is used and they don't sell used books. All we wanted was the correct book but we had to get on like muffler bearings with the attendant and then the manager.

For about 30-45 minutes we went back and forth until they agreed to give us the correct book but not before they tried to get us to pay $25 difference.
It turns out that the correct book was about $95 and the new revised 'identical' one was around $120 so these lowlives just exploiting people's ignorance and being unscrupulous.

Almost every time we go to the mall my son wants a few books and over the years we've spent thousands of dollars on books there but never again. We will not be purchasing from them ever again.

Monkey know which tree to climb.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » September 13th, 2019, 10:02 am

The Brentwood one is up in the air. There is no way in determining if you said 4 or 14 and they heard wrong.

It's a dumb system, it should be A -> Z, and use the phonetic alphabet to confirm.

Eg 200 on pump A. The cashier would respond with the confirmation pump A as in Alpha etc.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » September 13th, 2019, 12:18 pm

As ppl on banks...RBL, v.park branch...worse service in the hemisphere...

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”