TriniTuner 24-7

Re: 69 ‘slaves’ rescued from a church in Arouca

Postby matr1x » October 9th, 2019, 11:05 am

Evangelicals and "proper " not that different. All predatory

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 9th, 2019, 11:07 am

so far only speculations so not gonna comment until i hear more facts ....

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » October 9th, 2019, 11:13 am

There are photos and videos of people in cages and you want more facts ...
Rovin wrote:so far only speculations so not gonna comment until i hear more facts ....

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 9th, 2019, 11:18 am

And these are the people that say Hindus and other religions worship stones and devil.

Media needs to do investigation on these born again churches . As far as i see it this is a cult

FordeG
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FordeG » October 9th, 2019, 11:31 am

VII wrote:
matr1x wrote:These churches are a cancer of this society

Religion on the whole is humanity's greatest hindrance to real progress .

Instead of labelling and teaching kids about brother killing brother and all kinds of sick teachings from birth why not open their minds to real progressive ideas?

My first experience with murder jealousy genocide and bloodshed was sunday school..

What a depressing and negative way to start life..

blood blood blood and sacrifice..

Pure witchcraft..

My friend, religion is the reason we have civilization. Maybe you prefer to live like barbaric hunter gatherer tribes.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 9th, 2019, 11:32 am

fokhan_96 wrote:There are photos and videos of people in cages and you want more facts ...
Rovin wrote:so far only speculations so not gonna comment until i hear more facts ....

& what FACTS are u deducing from that ?

1 talk so far is that they are being paid to be kept there by family members because they are mentality unstable or drug users - i dunno , do u know for sure if that is d case here ?

my point is let d experts do their thing & provide us with info\facts b4 we jump to conclusions ... :|

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 9th, 2019, 11:46 am

FordeG wrote:
VII wrote:

Instead of labelling and teaching kids about brother killing brother and all kinds of sick teachings from birth why not open their minds to real progressive ideas?

My first experience with murder jealousy genocide and bloodshed was sunday school..

Pure witchcraft..

My friend, religion is the reason we have civilization. Maybe you prefer to live like barbaric hunter gatherer tribes.

Religion is but one pillar of civilization. The others are as or maybe more important - Agriculture, cities, government, social structure, writing and art etc.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » October 9th, 2019, 11:54 am

FordeG wrote:
VII wrote:

Pure witchcraft..

Yeah I forgot Columbus 'discovered' the Americas too..

Ok thanks..

The most religious countries are the most violent and dangerous.."for vengeance is mine"..

The most non-religious countries are the most peaceful and successful..

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » October 9th, 2019, 12:19 pm

this incident just exposes how poor the current health sector is in handling persons medically unfit - mentally which can pose a danger to society.

Not saying the pastor is right but there are hundreds of persons mentally unfit and are not able to get into St Anns etc.

the inhumane acts and conditions the persons were found to experiencing needs to be actioned immediately.
I am sure this is not the only place in TNT doing this.

There was a lot of noise for the young Venez women found in Ariapita earlier this year. not much has happened with regards to the that type of abuse

Think we need to be patient and gather the details first.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » October 9th, 2019, 12:27 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Where FordeG?

i came here to ask this exact question

justheretoreadthecomments
Street 2NR

Postby justheretoreadthecomments » October 9th, 2019, 12:31 pm

snypaz wrote:... IMG-20191009-WA0016.jpeg

soooo... isnt there another ex- prisoner turned good Samaritan thats supposed to be helping to rehabilitate ex - offenders? Wonder whats the status of that... :?:

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 9th, 2019, 12:54 pm

As sad and heart breaking this may be...

This will be forgotten in a few days.

I pray for these poor people.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 9th, 2019, 1:01 pm

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/10/09/7m-gov ... EvecqZhXRs

newsday wrote:
$7m govt subvention for church raided by police

30 Minutes Ago Kalifa Sarah Clyne

The Transformed Life Ministry in Arouca, which is at the centre of a dramatic rescue by police this morning, received approximately $7.4 million from the State between 2010 and 2015.
The last cheque payment was dated August 6, 2015.

The State gave the church the money as part of a subvention to NGOs. A subvention is funds provided to an NGO to assist in the operation of a particular social development programme.
An official from the NGO unit at the Ministry of Social Development, said all NGOs must meet specific criteria in order to access subventions. This includes being in existence for at least a year, being registered with the Registrar General for over year. The NGO must also meet 40 per cent of its operating cost.

Police at the scene of a rescue operation in Arouca. Photo by Shane Superville.

The official said the NGO must also have a dedicated bank account. must provide previous years external audit and list current executive board members.
The official said the ministry has a mandate to look after the vulnerable, which includes the socially displaced, those in poverty and the elderly. The official could not answer whether Transformed Life Ministry met these criteria and referred all questions to the Social Development Ministry Permanent Secretary Jacintha Bailey-Sobers.

Bailey-Sobers' office line was busy when Newsday attempted multiple calls. The church, which is also known as a rehabilitation centre was also before Parliament's joint select committee on social services in June 2016, represented by a pastor and two other people. At that committee, the pastor spoke of working with socially displaced people who they took off the streets.

"I do what you call the assessment, take the by me, assess them with every sickness, every disease, make sure they get medication for them, make sure the come back to their status, the majority of them are suffering with mental illness," the pastor said.

At 1 am today, heavily armed police raided the church and rescued 69 people who were found locked up in cages on the compound. Some of the captives were stark naked. Many were elderly and appeared frail. The police also found and seized handcuffs, batons and Tasers. Six people including a pastor, were arrested and investigations are ongoing.

regone
Street 2NR

Postby regone » October 9th, 2019, 1:09 pm

FordeG wrote:
VII wrote:

Pure witchcraft..

Religion is one of the down fall of humanity.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » October 9th, 2019, 1:28 pm

It's now in the international news on Reuters

TurboSingh12
Riding on 16's

Postby TurboSingh12 » October 9th, 2019, 1:31 pm

So lets just say they are mentally ill persons.Who goin to take care off them?

justheretoreadthecomments
Street 2NR

Postby justheretoreadthecomments » October 9th, 2019, 1:40 pm

sMASH wrote:https://newsday.co.tt/2019/10/09/7m-govt-subvention-for-church-raided-by-police/?fbclid=IwAR19srW2DyJqmorYJHxaVQKAFYlg7xOTawquXD_7iUUzO4h_7EvecqZhXRs

newsday wrote:
$7m govt subvention for church raided by police

30 Minutes Ago Kalifa Sarah Clyne

The Transformed Life Ministry in Arouca, which is at the centre of a dramatic rescue by police this morning, received approximately $7.4 million from the State between 2010 and 2015.
The last cheque payment was dated August 6, 2015.

The State gave the church the money as part of a subvention to NGOs. A subvention is funds provided to an NGO to assist in the operation of a particular social development programme.
An official from the NGO unit at the Ministry of Social Development, said all NGOs must meet specific criteria in order to access subventions. This includes being in existence for at least a year, being registered with the Registrar General for over year. The NGO must also meet 40 per cent of its operating cost.

Police at the scene of a rescue operation in Arouca. Photo by Shane Superville.

The official said the NGO must also have a dedicated bank account. must provide previous years external audit and list current executive board members.
The official said the ministry has a mandate to look after the vulnerable, which includes the socially displaced, those in poverty and the elderly. The official could not answer whether Transformed Life Ministry met these criteria and referred all questions to the Social Development Ministry Permanent Secretary Jacintha Bailey-Sobers.

Bailey-Sobers' office line was busy when Newsday attempted multiple calls. The church, which is also known as a rehabilitation centre was also before Parliament's joint select committee on social services in June 2016, represented by a pastor and two other people. At that committee, the pastor spoke of working with socially displaced people who they took off the streets.

"I do what you call the assessment, take the by me, assess them with every sickness, every disease, make sure they get medication for them, make sure the come back to their status, the majority of them are suffering with mental illness," the pastor said.

At 1 am today, heavily armed police raided the church and rescued 69 people who were found locked up in cages on the compound. Some of the captives were stark naked. Many were elderly and appeared frail. The police also found and seized handcuffs, batons and Tasers. Six people including a pastor, were arrested and investigations are ongoing.

Wayne Chance was before the JSC recently and he disclosed that Vision on Mission is receiving 7 million per year in subvention as well, to serve just under 30 clients. There are startling similarities between both NGOs.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 9th, 2019, 1:42 pm

so wait nuh GG & d police "raid" what they thought was human trafficking or "slavery" & it turned out to be a kinda like a private st anns hospital even funded by d state at 1 point in time [2010-2015 so blame kamla 1time] & even mark bassant who said 2 mths they monitoring this location , both of dem made a big oopsy .... WTF

where for dem to really go raid they doesnt go .....

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 9th, 2019, 1:58 pm

TurboSingh12 wrote:So lets just say they are mentally ill persons.Who goin to take care off them?

that the main ting. we need greater mental health attention in this country.

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Postby Coppershot » October 9th, 2019, 1:58 pm

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 9th, 2019, 1:59 pm

Rovin wrote:so wait nuh GG & d police "raid" what they thought was human trafficking or "slavery" & it turned out to be a kinda like a private st anns hospital even funded by d state at 1 point in time [2010-2015 so blame kamla 1time] & even mark bassant who said 2 mths they monitoring this location , both of dem made a big oopsy .... WTF

is not an oopsy they made. it needed to be done.
cause the government failed to 'follow the money' and ensure we get value for it.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » October 9th, 2019, 2:06 pm

IMG-20191009-WA0097.jpeg

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 9th, 2019, 2:30 pm

sMASH wrote:
Rovin wrote:so wait nuh GG & d police "raid" what they thought was human trafficking or "slavery" & it turned out to be a kinda like a private st anns hospital even funded by d state at 1 point in time [2010-2015 so blame kamla 1time] & even mark bassant who said 2 mths they monitoring this location , both of dem made a big oopsy .... WTF

is not an oopsy they made. it needed to be done.
cause the government failed to 'follow the money' and ensure we get value for it.

exactly! Faris could have easily offered a pig shed with outdoor plumbing despite it being his personal property to house these patients for the paltry sum of $666 million a year. Value for money!!!

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 9th, 2019, 3:09 pm

So if these folks are mentally ill, where are they going to be sent now that they have been “freed”?

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » October 9th, 2019, 4:34 pm

This is as much a church as it is a mosque or a temple. Please use this checklist to avoid being enslaved. Before attending a place of worship ask yourself the following questions

1. Is the religious leader A)a Priest B)an Imam C) a Pundit or D) a CEO?
2. Is payment to the establishment mandatory to be granted unrestricted access?
3. Does patrons A) kneel on the ground B) stand together as a group C) Sit in pews or D) get locked into cages for months at a time

If you answered yes or "D" to any of those questions and you're still not sure, ask yourself this

Does the place of worship have "Ministry" in the name?

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » October 9th, 2019, 4:55 pm

Damn

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » October 9th, 2019, 5:23 pm

pugboy wrote:So if these folks are mentally ill, where are they going to be sent now that they have been “freed”?

They've arrived at St Ann's for assessment and treatment
Attachments
mad.jpg

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 9th, 2019, 5:36 pm

so, is not a church, its a kinda place for ex prisoners coudl have stayed. they took in homeless to treat them. some mental cases too. it was run by a pastor who was also in prison some time ago, and was reformed.
it lost funding since 2015, before the new administration.
this year, ministry of health saws what was going on and gave them recomendations to improve the place. deyalsingh, said that they even went as far as to advertise for more nurses or sumting.

then gg say, nah, firetruck this place, get the people out.

deyalsingh knew what was going on.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”