Facepalm
Attachments
IMG-20191118-WA0070.jpg

antlind
Riding on 17's

Re: *** The official car accident thread***

Postby antlind » November 18th, 2019, 8:04 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Facepalm

It was only a matter of time. Next one will be a donkey cart.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 18th, 2019, 8:51 pm

Nah man....I've seen people spin off in cars while driving just 50 km in front of me or behind me...like they just press gas at the wrong time. Idk if they use the wrong material for that road or sum. Ent it have something about using different ratios of material at traffic lights, corners, stop signs etc? Or is that only done abroad
screwbash wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:Them insurance companies shud band together and put some water barriers on that stretch around aranguez bypass. They would save real money

nah let them run off an learn they lesson. all an dem fly off the hiway wit same speed and try to get on to the overpass an like they cyah realize is ah roundabout they meet and the man on the right have the right of way. they alway try to rush the man with the right of way, same by the roundabout by the hardware, they come on the left lane and want to rush to go into aranguez. is like they so dotish they doh realize the driver on the right side of them have the right of way, so let them run off they go slow down the next time.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 18th, 2019, 8:59 pm

antlind wrote:

Not a donkey cart but......
Attachments
IMG-20191117-WA0065.jpg

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 19th, 2019, 1:56 am

VII wrote:
kamakazi wrote:
VII wrote:
Spitfir3 wrote:
No_Name wrote::angel:
gastly369 wrote:Lottttaaa pickupssss jive like kakaheolee in wet roads

Especially if they're black in colour n driven by females...

those drivers feel they invincible cuz they lil higher off the road not knowin they more susceptible to get tunup

as for dem insurance i wonder if they increase the price on fully yet

I cringe when I see chicks driving pickups ,whenever I could I talk to them about the dangers,all seemed surprised everytime...

Salesmen bosses and husband not doing their jobs..in the wrong hands all pickups are death traps...whats a simple almost autocorrect for some of us at any speed in a pickup can be death for others even at lower speeds...especially ladies..

When you master a pickup you can master anything...driving them is like driving on a knife s edge at times in different conditions...

Fellas talk to the ladies when you can ok..
What dangers are you referring to?

The propensity to lose it's footing especially in wet or greasy roads and especially when unladen and in 4x2 mode..

brakes and emergency maneuvering are a whole other story...sometimes the abs even feels obsolete with the rear trying to overtake the front in emergency braking situations,things you take for granted in a modern car you can't in a pickup...

The biggest danger is people assume it's just another car or SUV....its not,it's basically the most archaic of vehicle platform designs with more power and torque..
The biggest shortcoming is the driver not understanding/respecting the vehicle. There are a lot of things in a pickup that you have to warn drivers about and by that measure I can see them fitting into the category of deathtrap.

There are a couple of things that can be done to move them into the safer category but the best thing to do/advise is get a proper set of tyres.

On another point, there are some road surfaces that are more slippery than others for whatever reason.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 19th, 2019, 5:04 am

kamakazi wrote:
VII wrote:
kamakazi wrote:
VII wrote:
Spitfir3 wrote:
No_Name wrote::angel:
gastly369 wrote:Lottttaaa pickupssss jive like kakaheolee in wet roads

Especially if they're black in colour n driven by females...

those drivers feel they invincible cuz they lil higher off the road not knowin they more susceptible to get tunup

as for dem insurance i wonder if they increase the price on fully yet

I cringe when I see chicks driving pickups ,whenever I could I talk to them about the dangers,all seemed surprised everytime...

Salesmen bosses and husband not doing their jobs..in the wrong hands all pickups are death traps...whats a simple almost autocorrect for some of us at any speed in a pickup can be death for others even at lower speeds...especially ladies..

When you master a pickup you can master anything...driving them is like driving on a knife s edge at times in different conditions...

Fellas talk to the ladies when you can ok..
What dangers are you referring to?

The propensity to lose it's footing especially in wet or greasy roads and especially when unladen and in 4x2 mode..

brakes and emergency maneuvering are a whole other story...sometimes the abs even feels obsolete with the rear trying to overtake the front in emergency braking situations,things you take for granted in a modern car you can't in a pickup...

The biggest danger is people assume it's just another car or SUV....its not,it's basically the most archaic of vehicle platform designs with more power and torque..
The biggest shortcoming is the driver not understanding/respecting the vehicle. There are a lot of things in a pickup that you have to warn drivers about and by that measure I can see them fitting into the category of deathtrap.

There are a couple of things that can be done to move them into the safer category but the best thing to do/advise is get a proper set of tyres.

On another point, there are some road surfaces that are more slippery than others for whatever reason.

what are some of those things??? and allyuh do know the majority of pick up accidents involved men driving them pick ups....cuz some how the inna Raj does just come out as they compensating for something because they own ah 4x4

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 19th, 2019, 8:40 am

SUV tyres do perform better than pickup tyres on the road
Unfortunately besides the rims/tyres(nothing over 18" please.) and putting more weight over the rear axle (think engine block or bags of cement). the other things involve adjusting the squishy bit behind the steering wheel.

Have to learn
-where the limits of grip are in the dry/wet and drive accordingly. (It is easier to do this when the tyres are bad as the limits are pretty low). start with high grip tyres and you are probably driving a lot faster when the vehicle does let go which can't be good if you are learning
-the sensation of losing grip and what to do in the situation; Can only come with practice.(find a nice safe big open spot)
-don't depend on electronic driver aids. If you have them on your vehicle that is great. Now try your hardest not to activate them unless you are testing.
-drive other vehicles preferably something German so you can experience the difference and appreciate what your pickup can and cannot do.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 19th, 2019, 9:18 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
antlind wrote:

Not a donkey cart but......

Laughs in Contractor 72!!!

mitch1980
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby mitch1980 » November 19th, 2019, 9:47 am

kamakazi wrote:SUV tyres do perform better than pickup tyres on the road
Unfortunately besides the rims/tyres(nothing over 18" please.) and putting more weight over the rear axle (think engine block or bags of cement). the other things involve adjusting the squishy bit behind the steering wheel.

Have to learn
-where the limits of grip are in the dry/wet and drive accordingly. (It is easier to do this when the tyres are bad as the limits are pretty low). start with high grip tyres and you are probably driving a lot faster when the vehicle does let go which can't be good if you are learning
-the sensation of losing grip and what to do in the situation; Can only come with practice.(find a nice safe big open spot)
-don't depend on electronic driver aids. If you have them on your vehicle that is great. Now try your hardest not to activate them unless you are testing.
-drive other vehicles preferably something German so you can experience the difference and appreciate what your pickup can and cannot do.

Also many Pickup Drivers drive their vehicles like a car without learning to DRIVE their 4x4 correctly.
These Pickup are longer, heavier, and higher which makes stopping distances longer.

Driving a 4x4 for over 10+ years and the first time I drove a 4x4 coming from a sedan - corolla I noticed the huge difference.
Also agreeing that Good Tyres are KEY in slippery roads. I have noticed many 4x4s and even cars with smooth tyres without heeding the Wear Indicators on the tyres.

and like a good service tyres should be rotated and aligned regularly.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 19th, 2019, 2:54 pm

Road closed yesterday yes. Image

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 19th, 2019, 3:03 pm

The same Bridgestone dueler supplied oem on many vehicles work fine on suv cars
But are death trap on pickups.

I am glad I drive a manual pickup so I am more likely to stay within a speed range with gearing and not get carried away with speed, likewise when turning the gearing down makes it more aware.

kamakazi wrote:SUV tyres do perform better than pickup tyres on the road

Have to learn

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » November 19th, 2019, 3:13 pm

10 vehicle smash up by trincity lights west bound. Traffic getting stinker by the minute

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 19th, 2019, 3:17 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote::? :?

V11 ,you see the same thing I tell you?

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » November 19th, 2019, 3:45 pm

Traffic along piarco boulevard reaching all by the airport roundabout cause of the trincity light accident.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 19th, 2019, 4:04 pm

Les Bain wrote:Traffic along piarco boulevard reaching all by the airport roundabout cause of the trincity light accident.
Attachments
IMG-20191119-WA0071.jpg
IMG-20191119-WA0070.jpg

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 19th, 2019, 4:28 pm

pugboy wrote:The same Bridgestone dueler supplied oem on many vehicles work fine on suv cars
But are death trap on pickups.

I am glad I drive a manual pickup so I am more likely to stay within a speed range with gearing and not get carried away with speed, likewise when turning the gearing down makes it more aware.

In the wet on Bridgestone dueler 840 and fine. I don't believe that person a driver. Those tyres are just bad. Good for learning on, bad for the uninitiated. (Iirc they are rated Trac B /temp B.) Just Google this Tyre

I believe you are experiencing what is called shift lock; gearing down without rev matching which causes the tires to lock up for an instant. Again very sketch especially for rear drive vehicles like pickups; good for initiating drifts, bad if you weren't planning on drifting.

Tread depth only helps in the wet but that alone isn't the issue. If it is a cheap tyre (hard rubber compound) it still isn't going to be problematic.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 19th, 2019, 4:37 pm

Back to the pickups
Attachments
IMG-20191119-WA0085.jpg

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 19th, 2019, 5:05 pm

he lucky it was not a little further down by marlins, he mighta end up in the big pool

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 19th, 2019, 5:30 pm

Les Bain wrote:Traffic along piarco boulevard reaching all by the airport roundabout cause of the trincity light accident.

0ba79cf4-abbb-46e5-ac97-410469495c10.jpg

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 19th, 2019, 5:42 pm

How much vehicles end up in that accident??any time i see a pic, is a different car

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 19th, 2019, 6:58 pm

Closing of the day with this 1
Attachments
IMG-20191119-WA0001.jpg

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » November 19th, 2019, 7:06 pm

And the road dry too?

Unless that happen at a time when the road was wet, and he park up like that since then.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 19th, 2019, 7:41 pm

AATT now instal that fence too eh

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 19th, 2019, 8:52 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Back to the pickups

Next view
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-11-19-20-50-07.png

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » November 19th, 2019, 9:55 pm

I agree with that VII saying about pickups, I have a padna also who is a pickup guy and he has warned about the same thing i.e. lack of weight in the rear end leading to instability esp going into corners

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 19th, 2019, 10:13 pm

It's almost as if pickups were made to carry heavy loads in the tray and drive safely at 65 kmph. Too bad these drivers didn't seem to get the memo. I wonder how many of them read the vehicle owner's manual before going wonderland skating.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » November 19th, 2019, 11:32 pm

maj. tom wrote:It's almost as if pickups were made to carry heavy loads in the tray and drive safely at 65 kmph. Too bad these drivers didn't seem to get the memo. I wonder how many of them read the vehicle owner's manual before going wonderland skating.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the firetrucking thing i dont understand.
but when turbo gas was the costly option, and you somehow bought physics defying abilities.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 20th, 2019, 6:05 am

roll bar not supposed to break

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Back to the pickups

Next view

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 20th, 2019, 6:15 am

We starting the morning with
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-11-20-05-18-11.png
Screenshot_2019-11-20-05-18-17.png

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » November 20th, 2019, 10:43 am

maj. tom wrote:It's almost as if pickups were made to carry heavy loads in the tray and drive safely at 65 kmph. Too bad these drivers didn't seem to get the memo. I wonder how many of them read the vehicle owner's manual before going wonderland skating.

i think men does get carried away because modern day pickups give you that car like feel despite being much bigger, it ain't like it used to be when pickups were slow, lumbering, some bouncy af and yuh feelin everything in the road but they still have the same weakness due to design

from what i notice navara drivers in particular does wild up the dance the most, from what i hear they supposed to have a good kick

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”