Forums

UNILEVER Retrenches / 600 To Go at UNIPET

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: UNILEVER Retrenches / 600 To Go at UNIPET

Postby hydroep » December 5th, 2019, 3:58 pm

Both employer and employee are sometimes to blame but in the end the employer will do what is in his organisation's interest.

That's why it's NEVER a good idea to be a company man/woman because when things get tough they will not hesitate to retrench or make your cnut redundant...:|

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » December 5th, 2019, 4:13 pm

^^^ But when ya not willing to give 24hours and 7days a week for 12months for a company that have ya on contract for a decade, who won't think twice to buss ya throat, the company go want to call workers lazy and unproductive.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » December 5th, 2019, 4:24 pm

vaiostation wrote:^^^ But when ya not willing to give 24hours and 7days a week for 12months for a company that have ya on contract for a decade, who won't think twice to buss ya throat, the company go want to call workers lazy and unproductive.

Agreed, there are some like that who use workers as a scapegoat when the truth is they are inept managers.

And with the influx of Venez and other immigrants increasing the supply of labour making it an employer's market, things only going to get tougher.

If you don't have capital of your own, a good piece of advice is to start a side business while you are employed with the intention to move on when it can stand on its own. And start this as early as possible in your working life.

Giving your best years to other people — especially those who would exploit and then kick your arse to the curb — eh making sense this rounds...:|

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » December 5th, 2019, 7:07 pm

Unicomer Unilever same thing ?

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » December 5th, 2019, 8:25 pm

I think Unicomer is courts.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » December 5th, 2019, 8:43 pm

Curtms wrote:Unicomer Unilever same thing ?

Unicomer is the parent company of Courts, Unilever was Lever bros that was merged with some other company.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 5th, 2019, 8:59 pm

hydroep wrote:
vaiostation wrote:^^^ But when ya not willing to give 24hours and 7days a week for 12months for a company that have ya on contract for a decade, who won't think twice to buss ya throat, the company go want to call workers lazy and unproductive.

Agreed, there are some like that who use workers as a scapegoat when the truth is they are inept managers.

And with the influx of Venez and other immigrants increasing the supply of labour making it an employer's market, things only going to get tougher.

If you don't have capital of your own, a good piece of advice is to start a side business while you are employed with the intention to move on when it can stand on its own. And start this as early as possible in your working life.

Giving your best years to other people — especially those who would exploit and then kick your arse to the curb — eh making sense this rounds...:|
k

Of course there is the owner that has to work for 24/7 takes the risk, treats people fairly, and the employees treat them the biz and customers like sheit.

There are shitty employers.
And there are shitty employees.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » December 6th, 2019, 12:20 pm

Redman wrote:
hydroep wrote:

k

Of course there is the owner that has to work for 24/7 takes the risk, treats people fairly, and the employees treat them the biz and customers like sheit.

There are shitty employers.
And there are shitty employees.
If that's really the case then fire the employees. There are honest hardworking people that are unemployed and desperate for work. If the employer is do8ng everything right including providing proper motivation and management then I would have him/her looks his/hers hiring process.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » December 6th, 2019, 2:40 pm

wud dese same 200 stain dey index finga for the pmn in the ge next year? if most ah south wuking petrotrin still vote for the balizea after they lorse they wuk or in some downstream dat suffering then the pmn deserve to win. sheep follow the ram to the slaughter house willingly.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » December 6th, 2019, 2:45 pm

screwbash wrote:wud dese same 200 stain dey index finga for the pmn in the ge next year? if most ah south wuking petrotrin still vote for the balizea after they lorse they wuk or in some downstream dat suffering then the pmn deserve to win. sheep follow the ram to the slaughter house willingly.

Pass on the Sando flyover, I think they call it goat hill and watch how the goats tied there does be chewing grass and enjoying life. They don't even know they getting fed to gain weight to buss their throat .

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » December 6th, 2019, 3:40 pm

Gladiator wrote:Don't forget rapid "fail" rail. 500 Million spend and two 3" binder reports to show for it...

PNM memory can't go back more than 5-7 years.

zoom rader wrote:
matr1x wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:
ADONI wrote:
zoom rader wrote:I hope you all take note for next elections.

Nope, we will forget in one week!

That 34 million from life sport, 1 billion from a failed waste water treatment plant build by hand picked financiers and 6 million paid to wreck a fire truck would have helped ease the burden of these workers; but who cares friends and family had to get rich under Kams and the PP at any cost net Zoom

Pales into comparison to the pnm repeated rape of the treasury. You might even say pnm Daryl Smith the treasury
He forgot to mention PNM project pride where 600million was spent and not even a loan of sand to show for it.

Tokesy and Red Plastic Bag and the rest of the "'til ah dead crew" fack well remember all these things, but that isn't helping the tribe to rehash it now is it? The latest tactic? To excuse "small" thievery like Regrello and he boobooloops son SFCC mess.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 6th, 2019, 3:59 pm

screwbash wrote:wud dese same 200 stain dey index finga for the pmn in the ge next year? if most ah south wuking petrotrin still vote for the balizea after they lorse they wuk or in some downstream dat suffering then the pmn deserve to win. sheep follow the ram to the slaughter house willingly.

You speak the way you type??

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 6th, 2019, 4:52 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Gladiator wrote:Don't forget rapid "fail" rail. 500 Million spend and two 3" binder reports to show for it...

PNM memory can't go back more than 5-7 years.

zoom rader wrote:
matr1x wrote:
randolphinshan wrote:
ADONI wrote:
zoom rader wrote:I hope you all take note for next elections.

Nope, we will forget in one week!

That 34 million from life sport, 1 billion from a failed waste water treatment plant build by hand picked financiers and 6 million paid to wreck a fire truck would have helped ease the burden of these workers; but who cares friends and family had to get rich under Kams and the PP at any cost net Zoom

Pales into comparison to the pnm repeated rape of the treasury. You might even say pnm Daryl Smith the treasury
He forgot to mention PNM project pride where 600million was spent and not even a loan of sand to show for it.

Tokesy and Red Plastic Bag and the rest of the "'til ah dead crew" fack well remember all these things, but that isn't helping the tribe to rehash it now is it? The latest tactic? To excuse "small" thievery like Regrello and he boobooloops son SFCC mess.
Dem forget project pride where 600million was spent and not even a loan of sand to show for it.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » December 6th, 2019, 4:53 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:

You speak the way you type??

me ain know nah boi. i doh hear wah i duz be saying. i from d bago so is only white beat i living on since i small, me neva went tuh skool for no book learning we i cud hussle on d beach an eat ah white meet.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 16th, 2022, 9:34 am

Here we go again!

Over 100 workers to be retrenched as Unilever to cease production in T&T on July 31

Over 100 workers attached to Unilever may be out of a job at the end of July after the company confirmed it would cease production in T&T.

In a notice on Monday, Unilever confirmed that its supply agreement with a third party, which came into effect after the sale of its Spreads business in 2018 as a key part of its global strategy, would come to an end on July 31, 2022.

Unilever said as a result, all manufacturing and production in Trinidad will cease.

Unilever Caribbean Ltd’s OWTU representative Neil Mc Eachnie confirmed that workers had been informed of the situation.

“(Monday), we were alerted that the company corresponded with the union officially advising of the cessation of manufacturing operations. That would be effected in July of this year,” Mc Eachnie said.

He said 119 unionised workers, and an unknown number of non-unionised would be affected as a result.

Mc Eachnie said the move had been expected since 2019, when over 250 workers were retrenched following restructuring at the company.

“Somewhere around 2019, the company would have indicated that they intended to exit manufacturing and that they had implemented the first phase of a two-phase retrenchment exercise.

“In that first phase, they would have outsourced some of their activities and they will have closed a plant as well. So they closed the plant that produced detergent powders and they outsourced their functions as it relates to warehousing and so on. And so this was not unexpected, it was in fact communicated to us at that point as well,” he said.

He explained that the workers that were not dismissed then had only remained on staff due to the agreement which will end in July.

“They do have a co-packing agreement with a company that purchased their spreads business globally for five more years. And as a consequence of that, they retained such employees as were necessary, to fulfil the requirements of that contract. That contract, based on information provided from Unilever will expire in July of this year.

“As I said, and consequently, they will no longer require the workforce, so that’s the information we were provided with,” he said the company was planning to become an importer and distributor.

“What that means for workers is that we will now join the very long list of persons of people who were previously employed in T&T.

“We will join the breadline basically because we are all to be retrenched,” he said, “The business model that they will be adopting, which is already in train, is essentially a distribution type exercise where they will store their finished goods from wherever they have a manufacturing set up and they will distribute to the local market or throughout the region wherever they have a business interest.”

Both Unilever and Mc Eachnie confirmed that meetings will be held with the representative union to discuss the future of the workers in keeping with their collective bargaining agreement.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/business/ove ... 1e90c3f6d0

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 16th, 2022, 11:16 am

^^^Business is Business and voting for the red government will leave you unemployed

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 16th, 2022, 11:29 am

Foreigners view our predisposition for jackarsing the scene differently

So when union members frolicing in foreign,posting on FB while on paid sick leave -things will change
This is 2022.
There are different ways to do anything.

Trinispougla
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Trinispougla » March 16th, 2022, 2:51 pm

hydroep wrote:Both employer and employee are sometimes to blame but in the end the employer will do what is in his organisation's interest.

That's why it's NEVER a good idea to be a company man/woman because when things get tough they will not hesitate to retrench or make your cnut redundant...:|

Unilever planned to do this since 2019....just over a month ago, they let go 1500 management workers globally as a result of a cold war among investors who feel that the company has moved away from its core core business functions. Once again, the trinidadian's inability to see himself as part of a global market ith global repercussions is fully on display here
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/25/investin ... index.html
https://www.thedrum.com/news/2022/01/25 ... -continues

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » March 16th, 2022, 3:40 pm

well contimue to buy blueband butter and support them. forget all the locals trini's that out of a job now.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » March 16th, 2022, 3:43 pm

Redman wrote:Foreigners view our predisposition for jackarsing the scene differently

So when union members frolicing in foreign,posting on FB while on paid sick leave -things will change
This is 2022.

Lol no.

You think C level execs at Unilever care about some union members?

It's a simple cost/benefit. The TTD is valued too high right now and it's cheaper to manufacture elsewhere.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » March 16th, 2022, 3:51 pm

daring dragoon wrote:well contimue to buy blueband butter and support them. forget all the locals trini's that out of a job now.
I get your point but u don't use blue band. We need ab expanded list of products maybe?

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » March 16th, 2022, 3:53 pm

teems1 wrote:
Redman wrote:Foreigners view our predisposition for jackarsing the scene differently

This is 2022.

Lol no.

It's a simple cost/benefit. The TTD is valued too high right now and it's cheaper to manufacture elsewhere.

yea and we locals to dotish to buy anything else and will still buy their product. i personally have not purchased anything i have seen a unilever logo on since they shut down the manufacturing part a few years ago.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » March 16th, 2022, 3:58 pm

nemisis wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:well contimue to buy blueband butter and support them. forget all the locals trini's that out of a job now.
I get your point but u don't use blue band. We need ab expanded list of products maybe?

i use sunflower made by roberts manuf co from barbados. i am sure plenty trinis have family or relatives there who are gainfully employed by roberts.
langston roach is another company locally that have substitutes for the cif and squeezy etc

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 16th, 2022, 4:43 pm

teems1 wrote:

This is 2022.

Lol no.

This was a broad based culture, not single events...and certainly this move is based on efficiency.

Owtu certainly eh help engender any loyalty to their work force.

Surprise!!

Trinispougla
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Trinispougla » March 16th, 2022, 11:08 pm

teems1 wrote:

This is 2022.

Lol no.

the value of the TT dollar has nothing to do with it. Unilever sold their spreads business as part of a global strategy shift. This particular business was sold as early as 2018 with part of the retrenchment taking place in 2019, when 250 workers had been sent home. Is it fair......not at all. But it is a multinational body we are dealing with

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”