TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

timing belt and suspension

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

katana
3NE 2NR for life

timing belt and suspension

Postby katana » May 19th, 2004, 4:46 pm

1999 lev. ah looking to change all meh belts..timing belt included. went by my mechanic but he cant break the bolt for the belt. they say they use locktite on it. all yuh know what ah talking bout? anywayz i need to change the belts so all yuh could recommend anyone who good?.. i call a few places and they tell me something like 3 days to a week all kinda thing..

second..the front ah meh car does feel real gone thru.. in slightly rough road you hear a distinct knock in the front. i change the two inner steering ends and that help but yuh still hearing a knock more on the middle.

finally, since ah put on the rims 15 inch and tyres the car does be pulling. in rugh road...kinda hard to control too....i feel is the tyres but i not too sure..went and do alignment everything and everything good. tyres not cutting or anything either..

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » May 19th, 2004, 4:57 pm

PLEASE PLEASE Take that car by Autonation. A mechanic who don't know what they doing will mash up your crank shaft, if they haven't already.

PLEAAASE take my advice. :shock:

katana
3NE 2NR for life

Postby katana » May 19th, 2004, 5:07 pm

yeah...well ah realise he mighta be out of he league there with that one..so i told him to stop..and i jes driving the thing so for the while....autonation yuh say...right...well that good..i go call and make an appoinment thanks a lot

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » May 20th, 2004, 12:04 pm

Also the pre 2001 honda engines turn anti clockwise, but the bolt still turns clockwiise to tighten, so even if he gets it out and doesn't know what he is doing putting it back in it could run slack and damage the crankshaft nose. Ah talking from experience here. Ah glad yuh taking the advice. You wouldn't regret it.

ZORT
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby ZORT » May 20th, 2004, 12:09 pm

A slight knock in the middle could be the stablizer bar rubbers also you should have checked the inner ends when doing the outer.

zort

katana
3NE 2NR for life

Postby katana » May 20th, 2004, 12:17 pm

great great advice fellaz..thanks a lot..end ah month carrying it autonation and organise everything..........they does fix bike too..hehehe......meh carbs giving some trouble...

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”