i'm fairly new in the whole motor sport scene, i have a honda civic 1.5l for just about 5 yrs now, a young man looking to get the best out of his little engine, never heard bout this mechanic that mechanic, so one day my good friend checked up online to get some advice "TOLA'S" 3 Nizam avenue SanJuan ElSocorro. We made our way to the place, going down nizam avenue i saw the first mechanic saw some hondas nothing to tlk about, went an ask for Tola's, man replied "nah next door". Walked into the garage next door to see a little old man porting tool in hand cigarette in mouth working his way into a head, looking around i saw b16,b18 red top black tops all in tip top shape looking like any of the overseas garage, i said this is the place. "Good day sir looking for tola's" he stood up out his cigarette an light up a new one an said "i am tola". I explained to him about my car an he said why dont you put a b16 an we will start from there, i said to him i wanted to keep the engine i have an work on it go a little DEX and thats about it, he said ok is really up to what you want, but im going to warn you its not going to be cheap, because motor sports is not a cheap sport an how i like to do things is, DO IT RIGHT DO IT ONCE. I said no problem. And the project and freindship been gonig on till now.
1) 1.5l from 87whp to 125whp present on stock internals worked in magnificent ways by tola.\
2)Taking a little info ("* Gary Hunt B18CR, Franklyn Boodram B18C and B20 frank, Mark Singh B16 vtec on carburetors, all drove class leading, championship winning hb's. All built from scratch at Tola's and raced in Trinidad and thru the Caribbean beating the best of rotaries, evo's, etc. There Honda times currently stand on record as there is no circuit track.
* Yuri Climate Control civic ran a best of low 11's during the infamous drag civic battles with Aboud....Shoestring budget, only heart and ideas. Engine lasted and was sold into a street DC2.
* Mark Singh K20 EG project ran 12.6 bone stock....major lack of traction. Project was retired before full completion.
Now onto prominent street engines that TOOK a beating:
* Shelshok B20 frank raced to 9000rpm every weekend and the occasional week night since it was built. It lasted 2 years before it was sold and rebuilt. Tuned on SFC vtec and fpr
* Even better yet was Rado's special built frank. Lasted 3.5 years in form with a best time of mid 13's on the track. That engine was beaten to death every gangster drag by the brother's from Diego after the project was sold. Tuned on SFC vtec and Fpr.
* For me personally, back in the day they built my carbureted Honda 2.0 non-vtec motor into an 8000rpm B16/ SR20 killer. That engine lasted years until another driver took it to another mechanic.")
So if someone was to compare him to MR.Spoon id say he better, and you know why, its all about money, an trini motor enthusiast especially honda men like to cheap their way out of everything, Mr spoon dont have to worry bout that his demographic paying for his parts an services no matter the price. All the monster an championship tola claimed is through thoes client understanding its not a cheap sport. Thats all i have to say. TOLA'S ENGINEERING ftw