TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

WTK: Re-install front strut on B20B Engine

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

scypher
Sweet on this forum

WTK: Re-install front strut on B20B Engine

Postby scypher » February 24th, 2018, 12:59 am

Hey Guys i swapped my B16A to a B20B & would like to put back in my factory strut bar that currently bounces as it no longer fits with the engine swap....

Honda Civic EK4 99.

Someone mentioned to me there is a way to remove it (Marked With Red Arrow) & cap the hole using just the bottom of an aluminum can....my question is how to do so and or preferably with sumtin the seems more safe/official

Thanks in advance.

upload my images

10-01
punchin NOS

Re: WTK: Re-install front strut on B20B Engine

Postby 10-01 » February 26th, 2018, 2:28 pm

had this same problem when i swapped in a b20 in my sedan .... when u remove the air box ( what u have the red arrow pointing to ) ther is a small hole u can get a water jacket from you local parts store and put it in to clog off the hole ... , but online said that box was designed to build low down torque for the b20 so my advice to you is leave it .

scypher
Sweet on this forum

Postby scypher » February 26th, 2018, 9:47 pm

10-01 wrote:had this same problem when i swapped in a b20 in my sedan .... when u remove the air box ( what u have the red arrow pointing to ) ther is a small hole u can get a water jacket from you local parts store and put it in to clog off the hole ... , but online said that box was designed to build low down torque for the b20 so my advice to you is leave it .

Oh! damn well if its gona affect performance then i guess i would have to accept it as is.

Thanks man.

Advent
Riding on 17's

Postby Advent » February 27th, 2018, 12:01 pm

coming frm a 1600 you wont feel the lose of tq lol

scypher
Sweet on this forum

Postby scypher » February 27th, 2018, 12:06 pm

Advent wrote:coming frm a 1600 you wont feel the lose of tq lol

Nah but as for me a guy who don’t know much in debt details about Honda engines i felt a noticeable difference without the specs knowledge. The B16A used to accelerate slower but pick up speed alot faster on the higher end & when i switched to the B20B i felt like accelerating felt alot better but didnt build up top speed as fast.... but thats jus based on how my situation felt idk the details on paper...

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”