TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

VIN number location on 2006 FD1 Honda Civic

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

morviper
Riding on 13's

VIN number location on 2006 FD1 Honda Civic

Postby morviper » October 13th, 2018, 1:03 pm

Good Day,
I am trying to locate my VIN number on my vehicle but for some reason I can't find it after looking for it in the areas(Nameplate on driver door,dash board,Firewall).Can anyone point me in a direction or advise on how I can get it.
My car is a 2006 Honda Civic foreign used Manual Transmission.

Thanks.

denzo9
Street 2NR

Re: VIN number location on 2006 FD1 Honda Civic

Postby denzo9 » November 18th, 2018, 7:57 am

I don't think Japanese vehicles have VIN numbers...they would have the usual chassis number/frame number...when you open the hood...its under the tab on the cowl panel under the wipers. I stand to be corrected if I am in fact mistaken.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: VIN number location on 2006 FD1 Honda Civic

Postby maj. tom » February 20th, 2019, 6:14 pm

JDM cars (Japanese Domestic Market) don't have standard 17 digit VUN numbers like USA/CAN/EU. There is an ISO standard for VIN numbers, but a lot of countries don't follow it.
JDM cars have a chassis code and a frame code. One of the places to find the plate with this info is on the door jamb of the left passenger door. Some brands give plant number and color number too.

So VIN lookup websites won't work with JDM cars. You could get basic info from some websites on the chassis code if you Google search for "JDM chassis code lookup." https://www.japan-partner.com/check-man ... e-year.php

2nd is that the VIN is not ISO standard for Grey market cars even though it's still 17 digits. Those are cars sold brand new outside USA/CAN/EU. The VIN lookup websites still won't work for cars bought new from local stealerships. You can still some basic info if you search as above.

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”