TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

NEED ADVISE

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rb25
Street 2NR

NEED ADVISE

Postby rb25 » October 8th, 2020, 11:56 pm

I have a 2017 Honda Civic. I am look for a reputable and experienced alignment shop..

:HISTORY OF PROBLEM:

Recently I carried my car to service at an alignment place in conva (near to kfc). After putting the car on the lift I was told that the camber for both the rear and the front was off and in order to have it corrected I needed to purchase the a camber kit for both the front and the rear..

For the front:

https://www.proimporttuners.com/parts/2 ... r-kit.html

For the rear:

https://www.proimporttuners.com/parts/2 ... r-kit.html

So I purchased the parts online and received it..I went today to have it installed at the same place..The camber kit for the rear worked perfectly and no problems there.
However, when they went to install the front the stem on the ball joint for the one I purchased (which was recommended by the guy) was to big and couldn't fit in my spindle and nothing further was done..

I questioned how come the part you told me to order and said will work eventually didnt (also he said that he brings in those for himself but he sold out and not bringing any until next year) but he didn't give an answer..he just shrugged..

On asking what is my options are, he then proceeded to tell me that he has a set of coilovers for my car and that will solve the problem without the need for the ball balljoint replacement (he has the turbo model to mine with 20's and drop low) so I suspect he was just trying to plam off the used set the probably put in his car and changed it for whatever reason..Basically he was trying to scam me..

Now I am completely lost on what to do and how to correct the camber and alignment on my car..

Can someone point me to the right direction please?..

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Re: NEED ADVISE

Postby SLVR1 » October 9th, 2020, 1:09 pm

You got taken for a ride. You do no need a camber kit for that car. That POS wants to make money off of you. I take it you have stock wheels and no mods to the suspension (prior). The mechanic that did the fluid change for you should be able to reinstall your original parts (sell the aftermarket ones). I deal with Quick Service (https://quickservicett.com/) for rotation, alignment etc. With your stock parts on they will be able to sort your out. Any damaged, worn parts they will advise you on and charge an inspection fee and not do anything else until you have it fixed. Go to the dealer for your parts or online and then have them replaced by your trusted mech. and then sort out the alignment.

rb25
Street 2NR

Postby rb25 » October 9th, 2020, 1:55 pm

SLVR1 wrote:You got taken for a ride. You do no need a camber kit for that car. That POS wants to make money off of you. I take it you have stock wheels and no mods to the suspension (prior). The mechanic that did the fluid change for you should be able to reinstall your original parts (sell the aftermarket ones). I deal with Quick Service (https://quickservicett.com/) for rotation, alignment etc. With your stock parts on they will be able to sort your out. Any damaged, worn parts they will advise you on and charge an inspection fee and not do anything else until you have it fixed. Go to the dealer for your parts or online and then have them replaced by your trusted mech. and then sort out the alignment.
I wish I new this sooner..Everything on the car was stock..I already purchased (online) the camber kits for both the front and rear..
The rear camber kit worked fine and he was able to do the necessary adjustments for the rear..
The front camber kit..which is the adjustable ball joint did not work because the stem was bigger than the original ball joint and it couldn't fit on my spindle..(the adjustable ball joint he advised me to buy and says he brings them in regularly but didn't have at the time)..
He said he can't do the camber becuse he needs the adjustable ball joint or he suggested that i buy a set of coilovers which coincidentally he has for my car (he has the same car) so now my front camber and I assume my alignment also is off..
Now I am completely stumped..

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » October 9th, 2020, 10:11 pm

Check your PM

rb25
Street 2NR

Postby rb25 » October 9th, 2020, 11:18 pm

SLVR1 wrote:Check your PM
Replied..

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 29th, 2020, 11:17 am

Mileage mack can sort you as well.

Sounds like a man trying to make money on yuh head

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » October 29th, 2020, 11:31 am

Coilovers were probably riding like sheit. Tell him you will take the coilovers for 25% the asking price because you just want to get a proper alignment lol

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”