TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

New to Honda

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SNMTTMAN
Riding on 13's

New to Honda

Postby SNMTTMAN » November 19th, 2020, 9:18 pm

I have driven Toyota Corolla(s) for the last 16 years, right now I have a basic 2012 local corolla, that has no issues.

But have opportunity to purchase a company owned and dealer maintained 2013 Honda CRV - PCZ for about $99K.

Air Condition, Power Windows, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Steering, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes, Airbags, Projector Lights, Fog Lamps, CD Player, MP3 Deck, USB Deck, Bluetooth, Alloy Rims, Side Steps, Sunroof, Tint, Alarm, Steering Controls, Reverse Camera, Leather Interior, Mirror Indicators

Is this a good deal? Should I resell it or keep it and get rid of the toyota corolla?

Any thoughts welcome

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Re: New to Honda

Postby SLVR1 » November 20th, 2020, 9:43 am

Dealer maintained means nada as they do poor servicing and I speak from experience with having bought 3 Hondas new (2 in 2008 and 1 in 2018). The only true benefit is verification of mileage. What is the mileage on this CRV?
CRVs are very well built and reliable vehicles once serviced properly. Once it has no major accidents and you are happy with the mileage/wear and tear on the vehicle, go for it.

SNMTTMAN
Riding on 13's

Postby SNMTTMAN » November 20th, 2020, 3:42 pm

Thanks SLVR1,

The mileage is 93,432 KM. It was driven by mid level executive. No accidents, according to him and the Messenger who know everyone business.

How do I ensure that used HONDA CRV is "serviced properly"?

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » November 20th, 2020, 9:39 pm

Are they giving you copies of the service history? Won't hurt to ask. Not everyone is willing to. Try to get the last service bill at least because when the dealer does the service they attach an inspection sheet with what is good and if any issues. When I sell, I hand over copies of bills etc. If you get that history, at least that way you know fluids were changed and when. The dealer will change the engine oil (6 mth. intervals or mileage based) and trans. fluid by the 2 year mark or sooner (in my case they over filled oil and spilled etc.). Brake fluid should have been done at/by 3 year intervals (the dealer says flush but they only change what is in the reservoir..my experience). Coolant, the dealer does at the 5 year mark. Those vehicles should have a timing chain so no issues there. I take it the manual comes with the CRV because the service guide is in it and the oil/fluid specs. that you will need. Ask some questions, a person who takes care of a vehicle will know what was done and when last. If that person is not sure well you know what to do. Mileage wise, once you have some idea of the servicing, those engines are very reliable (2.0 NA).

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » November 21st, 2020, 1:17 am

Could probably call the dealer and request/pay for the service history of the vehicle by them.

SNMTTMAN
Riding on 13's

Postby SNMTTMAN » November 21st, 2020, 6:34 pm

Thanks guys!

Truly useful suggestions that I shall take on board.

Did see some service records and Manual when I viewed vehicle. But will request the last inspection sheet for sure!

rako0086
Riding on 13's

Postby rako0086 » December 21st, 2020, 9:57 pm

Hey,
This sounds like the same deal I got. I bought the 2013 CRV (RM Model) which was also dealer maintained and I owned a 2011 Corolla before. I think we bought it from the same place because of the price. Mine had the much higher mileage of 160K. I called Ansa Motors for the history and basically it's a bunch of BS. I typically do my own service (small stuff) and this is what I found:
1) What ever they said do not believe. Change all fluids and other items and start fresh so that you know when it was done. I was told that my transmission fluid was changed at last service (<5000km ago) and it was black when I changed it. It is hard to tell from the dip stick but any hint of discoloration means that it's overdue for changeout. There was also signs of sludge build up in the engine so oil changeout was not done on time. BS from ANSA MOTORS.
2) There are some minor known defect with this model: Bluetooth mic has a buzz and needs replacement (tried cleaning but was temporary), the back seats locks breaks but can be fixed by tying with wire (youtube video on this), suspension bushings are relatively weak (so far I replaced control arm bushings and shock heads but could be due to mileage), The right engine hydraulic mounts compresses and rubs so there is a vibration when at idle and in drive (very expensive to replace, still sourcing)
3) Even though the mileage is high, the engine seem to be reliable. I changed the sparkplugs and the old ones (which were very old) showed what was to be expected for a perfect working engine (rust like coating on plug). I know that Honda generally have weak transmissions however Fareed (mechanic in Presyal) said he has not seen an RM transmission fail.
4) Parts are much difficult to find compared to the corolla. It feels like there is so much variation that each CRV (or Honda) is unique. I cannot find a parts list online for a 2013 RM 2.0L model. If anyone knows where I can find it, please post it. Not sure how difficult foreign used parts is to source.

If I paid full price I would be somewhat annoyed however for the price, its a steal of deal. Hope this helps.

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby ramishrrr » January 11th, 2021, 6:23 pm

If money is not a factor here, go for your heart's desire.
A SUV and a sedan are two different vehicles, handles differently, rides differently etc.
Both the Corolla and the CRV are the same age, both being good vehicles.
To maintain or repair the CRV will cost a lot more.
Honda parts are not readily available nor cheaper than Toyota.
Insurance costs may be more for the CRV.
Most likely the CRV has a 2,000cc engine.........higher gasoline consumption. We import gasoline now !
Mechanics tend to charge according to vehicle's worth.

That's my 2 Cents worth.
Peace.
RR.

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”