TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Need Second opinion/Need a mechanic

Fit, Civic, Integra, CR-V, Accord, Legend - Do NOT post FS or WTB here!!!

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Onion1
Riding on 13's

Need Second opinion/Need a mechanic

Postby Onion1 » January 29th, 2021, 10:36 am

Can someone recommend a good honest reliable reasonable mobile mechanic I really need a second opinion. (Couva)

- initial symptom, the reverse direction not engaging....(all gears shift fine) which prompted >>>
-Added a treatment and it suddenly stalled, revs and makes whinny whirring noises
-Added a tad bit of brakes fluid and it worked for a short period
-Diagnostic read failed speed sensor (P0720) BUT my dashboard always had the “D” /Drive lights flashing years now and I was always told this is not an issue via scans....so now....I’m not certain if the sensor is truly bad, transmission etc!

Now I’m left with a car that makes a loud whirring whining noise at start up, clunking noise when changing gears and will definitely stall if drive!

Your feedback is most appreciated!

Zalos
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Need Second opinion/Need a mechanic

Postby Zalos » January 29th, 2021, 12:57 pm

Sounds like the transmission is bad, what kind is it?
Can you check the fluid colour (red, dark red, black?), and if theres any shiny stuff in it?

Onion1
Riding on 13's

Postby Onion1 » January 30th, 2021, 5:57 am

Zalos wrote:Sounds like the transmission is bad, what kind is it?
Can you check the fluid colour (red, dark red, black?), and if theres any shiny stuff in it?

D15B Engine/Es1 Civic
Someone did check it and said it smells burnt and the noise is actually the pump screaming which means the transmission gone!
So I’ll change it out....but I’m now looking at options which includes a possibility of a rebuild vs getting a used one.....u know of any mechanics that does rebuilds? Will atleast like to know the avg cost....either way thanks so much for your reply!

Zalos
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Zalos » January 30th, 2021, 5:34 pm

I heard another civic guy rebuilt by Keith Charles in Papourie Rd. Got it back within a week. Cost $4000 for labor plus more for the kit.

red_dragon
Riding on 16's

Postby red_dragon » January 31st, 2021, 6:16 pm

there is supposed to be another sensor on the side of the transmission that could be faulty

Onion1
Riding on 13's

Postby Onion1 » February 1st, 2021, 10:28 am

red_dragon wrote:there is supposed to be another sensor on the side of the transmission that could be faulty

All of this issue happened in one day as soon as that treatment was added, literally minutes after driving off car stalled!

The only thing that showed up on the scan with reference to the trans is the output shaft (counter shaft) speed sensor....

I’m really confused over this entire ordeal and my way forward! What’s your advice on local used trans?

Onion1
Riding on 13's

Postby Onion1 » February 1st, 2021, 10:32 am

Zalos wrote:I heard another civic guy rebuilt by Keith Charles in Papourie Rd. Got it back within a week. Cost $4000 for labor plus more for the kit.

Waw! You have any reviews on purchasing local used transmissions....I found some sellers....trans ranging from $1200 - $2500 (7-14 days warranty)

Onion1
Riding on 13's

Postby Onion1 » February 1st, 2021, 10:36 am

Also....any numbers for a mechanic to physically view same, will be greatly appreciated....thanks

red_dragon
Riding on 16's

Postby red_dragon » February 1st, 2021, 8:19 pm

Onion1 wrote:
red_dragon wrote:there is supposed to be another sensor on the side of the transmission that could be faulty

All of this issue happened in one day as soon as that treatment was added, literally minutes after driving off car stalled!

The only thing that showed up on the scan with reference to the trans is the output shaft (counter shaft) speed sensor....

I’m really confused over this entire ordeal and my way forward! What’s your advice on local used trans?

Did you try replacing that sensor?

Onion1
Riding on 13's

Postby Onion1 » February 2nd, 2021, 3:27 am

Didn’t replace the sensor (I tried sourcing it used just to rule out this issue but to no avail)....
Either way I was told it’s the transmission to be replaced....but you (anyone) can WhatsApp me on 304-5988 for more details of my issue and for me to better understand your advice....I am just trying to narrow down my best options before I make a costly error (whether be to rebuild/replace Fused OR LUsed they all come with a hefty price tag)

Really appreciate it, thanks!

Advertisement

Return to “HONDA”