Forums

Urgent advice needed- swift sport

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

dedank
Riding on 13's

Urgent advice needed- swift sport

Postby dedank » February 27th, 2012, 9:37 am

Guys, I've been carrying the car by to lifestyle motors to get serviced, but it seems as though they have been doing a terrible job. They not changing the fluids (break, steering, etc), the steering wheel shaking after I cross 140km, the break light coming on while i driving, the hand breaks coming up high, breaks making a lot of noise when applied and a few minor issues and it's either they can't find the problems or all they do is wash the car, because I complained and got the same service (a car wash). With that said, is there any place y'all can suggest that does good service on swift sport's? lemme know thanks...

Big Z
30 pounds of Boost
Location: 734-7669 Amsoil, Chevron, Redline, Fuel Injector Cleaning

Re: Urgent advice needed- swift sport

Postby Big Z » February 27th, 2012, 9:46 am

dedank wrote:Guys, I've been carrying the car by to lifestyle motors to get serviced, but it seems as though they have been doing a terrible job.

Typical...

dedank wrote:the steering wheel shaking after I cross 140km

Check your rims for bends. Get the tyres speed balanced.

dedank wrote:the break light coming on while i driving

Check your brake fluid level.

dedank wrote:the hand breaks coming up high

Needs to be adjusted at the rear caliper and hand brake lever.

dedank wrote:breaks making a lot of noise when applied

Brake pads may require replacement.
Rotors may be warped.
Assembly may require cleaning.

dedank wrote:With that said, is there any place y'all can suggest that does good service on swift sport's? lemme know thanks...

State of The Art Automotive.
222-0183
Chaguanas

State of the Art Automotive is a professional garage with Canadian trained and certified staff.
Great equipment and great knowledge.

Heading west on the Endeavour Flyover, pass Medford gas station and turn south onto the Caroni Savannah Road. Its a few buildings down, on the west (aka right side) of the road. There is a sign, so you can't miss it.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » February 27th, 2012, 8:03 pm

Brake light coming on usually means low fluid. If nothing is leaking, low fluid is indicative of low brake pads. High hand brakes could also mean low brake pads.

One of the possible causes for noise while braking is low pads as well. The wear indicators (if equipped on your pads) tend to screech a lot to tell you time to change.

BrotherHood
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Bringing HID & LED to a location near you! 355-3165. 704-5442 (WhatsApp).

Postby BrotherHood » February 27th, 2012, 11:36 pm

IMO, the car dealers in Trinidad take your car to service and do absolute sheit. They do halfway work. They leave old parts on, don't change fluids etc. Mark your parts so you will know if they are changed after getting it back the company.

DSM_05
Riding on 16's

Postby DSM_05 » March 5th, 2012, 8:40 am

Sounds like your brakes are worn down.

Also, if you're getting a vibration @ 140, get your tyres balanced. If you've changed your tyres recently, it IS possible that one of the tyres in the front may have a slight lateral "warp" (one local tyre shop/network is notorious for bringing in tyres which have those defects) which results in that vibration. If the tyre is at fault, it won't be removed completely by balancing.

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”