TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What Mods do you need to register with Licensing Office?

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

TheAutoDIYGuyYT
Street 2NR

What Mods do you need to register with Licensing Office?

Postby TheAutoDIYGuyYT » May 16th, 2019, 2:50 pm

I know Engine Change and Colour Change, but is there anything else?
What about changing from 2WD to 4WD?

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Re: What Mods do you need to register with Licensing Office?

Postby hong kong phooey » May 20th, 2019, 1:29 am

No you dont have to register this . Unless you change the engine complete with the 4 wd gearbox .

Looking at your other post what type of car do you own ?

TheAutoDIYGuyYT
Street 2NR

Postby TheAutoDIYGuyYT » May 22nd, 2019, 5:44 pm

hong kong phooey wrote:No you dont have to register this . Unless you change the engine complete with the 4 wd gearbox .

I'm in the process of acquiring a Lancer Evolution 8 to do a complete conversion on my 2005 CS3 Front Wheel Drive Lancer

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » May 23rd, 2019, 3:04 am

TheAutoDIYGuyYT wrote:
hong kong phooey wrote:No you dont have to register this . Unless you change the engine complete with the 4 wd gearbox .

I'm in the process of acquiring a Lancer Evolution 8 to do a complete conversion on my 2005 CS3 Front Wheel Drive Lancer

OHH be careful dont know if you remember a man from Duncan village/ Philippine who try this a few years ago and they seize the skyline , dont know what the outcome of this was

and remember you need to let your insurance know that you change stuff on your certified copy . Because if you get in an accident , insurance might not cover, even third party and you will be held accountable and other driver can sue you .

TheAutoDIYGuyYT
Street 2NR

Postby TheAutoDIYGuyYT » June 4th, 2019, 9:31 pm

hong kong phooey wrote:
TheAutoDIYGuyYT wrote:

OHH be careful dont know if you remember a man from Duncan village/ Philippine who try this a few years ago and they seize the skyline , dont know what the outcome of this was

and remember you need to let your insurance know that you change stuff on your certified copy . Because if you get in an accident , insurance might not cover, even third party and you will be held accountable and other driver can sue you .

ohhh thanks for the heads up! But as far as I'm concerned, is anything I'm planning on doing considered "illegal"? Once I register engine change, then I should be fine, once the chassis number remains the same...correct?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » June 5th, 2019, 5:07 am

I would think so, yes.

Msg the guys at the automan on facebook and ask them what changes they registered on the lancer they converted
TheAutoDIYGuyYT wrote:
hong kong phooey wrote:
TheAutoDIYGuyYT wrote:

ohhh thanks for the heads up! But as far as I'm concerned, is anything I'm planning on doing considered "illegal"? Once I register engine change, then I should be fine, once the chassis number remains the same...correct?

TheAutoDIYGuyYT
Street 2NR

Postby TheAutoDIYGuyYT » June 5th, 2019, 7:23 am

Good idea! Thanks. I'll message them right now.

*KRONIK* wrote:I would think so, yes.

Msg the guys at the automan on facebook and ask them what changes they registered on the lancer they converted
TheAutoDIYGuyYT wrote:
hong kong phooey wrote:
TheAutoDIYGuyYT wrote:

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”