Forums

Losing water in my radiator

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Lini
Riding on 13's

Losing water in my radiator

Postby Lini » November 14th, 2022, 3:32 am

I was losing water in my radiator and installed a brand new one and still losing approx 20oz of water a day. Radiator guy pressure test the system with no visible leaks. Radiator cap is new. Also did a diagnostic and fan is coming on at the right time. Coolant not mixing with oil, thermostat is out as I live in the Caribbean and heater core was condemned. Car does not emit any white smoke while driving. Mechanic suggested the engine is burning the water. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Losing water in my radiator

Postby Dave » November 14th, 2022, 5:31 am

Water pump is leaking.
Have seen this many times.

Rx
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Rx » February 5th, 2023, 7:42 pm

Cracked engine block (possibly).

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 5th, 2023, 9:08 pm

How old is the car?

Sometimes the metal stems for hoses get rusted / corroded and leak right there.

You using coolant? Have you taken a uv light to the engine bay? I know some coolants glow with uv light, might be best to get the glasses one time to use with it.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 6th, 2023, 8:37 pm

Lini wrote:I was losing water in my radiator and installed a brand new one and still losing approx 20oz of water a day. Radiator guy pressure test the system with no visible leaks. Radiator cap is new. Also did a diagnostic and fan is coming on at the right time. Coolant not mixing with oil, thermostat is out as I live in the Caribbean and heater core was condemned. Car does not emit any white smoke while driving. Mechanic suggested the engine is burning the water. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
Is the issue resolved?

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » February 14th, 2023, 12:49 pm

Lini wrote:I was losing water in my radiator and installed a brand new one and still losing approx 20oz of water a day. Radiator guy pressure test the system with no visible leaks. Radiator cap is new. Also did a diagnostic and fan is coming on at the right time. Coolant not mixing with oil, thermostat is out as I live in the Caribbean and heater core was condemned. Car does not emit any white smoke while driving. Mechanic suggested the engine is burning the water. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

What????

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”