TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Honestly! Has anyone ever been able to really stop engine pinging, without having to change the engine? I change to prem

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Kadeembrizan
Riding on 13's

Honestly! Has anyone ever been able to really stop engine pinging, without having to change the engine? I change to prem

Postby Kadeembrizan » November 7th, 2021, 10:59 pm

Honestly! Has anyone ever been able to really stop engine pinging, without having to change the engine? I change to premium clean injectors, throttle body and it's still happening it really over bearing and need it fix asap. Pleasee tell me your suggestion or whether you were able to permanently fix yours , and what you did to do so please and thank yoy

ramishrrr
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Honestly! Has anyone ever been able to really stop engine pinging, without having to change the engine? I change to

Postby ramishrrr » November 9th, 2021, 5:18 am

Get a good mechanic to check the ignition timing. If it is incorrect, regardless of the fuel used you will get pinging.
Peace. RR.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Honestly! Has anyone ever been able to really stop engine pinging, without having to change the engine? I change to

Postby skylinechild » November 21st, 2021, 9:35 pm

Kadeembrizan wrote:Honestly! Has anyone ever been able to really stop engine pinging, without having to change the engine? I change to premium clean injectors, throttle body and it's still happening it really over bearing and need it fix asap. Pleasee tell me your suggestion or whether you were able to permanently fix yours , and what you did to do so please and thank yoy

also what vehicle..??

check the ignition timing...
pinging is caused when the fuel predetonates due to heat on the combustion chamber
you can service the cooling system
use the correct coolant and clean the radiator and engine block and fill up with the correct coolant.
check your spark plugs - use the correct heat range for your application.

also check the knock sensor - you will need a good scan tool to read the live data from the knock sensor

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”