TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

QG owners united, Service Manual pg1, CVTC pg 12

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

turboconch2
3NE 2NR for life

Re: QG owners united, Service Manual pg1, CVTC pg 12

Postby turboconch2 » April 15th, 2016, 9:13 am

Ac most times on highway, 320-340 on a tank, yes i drive a little hard but not like a kickdown all the time person

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » April 15th, 2016, 2:41 pm

so u get dat mileage when ur needle reaches "E"? if so dats real poor. try no a/c and moderate driving on a tank and see

xperttuner
Riding on 13's

Postby xperttuner » July 24th, 2016, 8:52 pm

Sup guys.... I went to start my car to do my usual Sunday drive and realized that as soon as I started the it tumbled then died wasn' getting any power from battery.... So I cleaned the poles and everything came back on but now when it starts is doesn't idle the rpms raise then drop then the car stalls what could be the problem? It's the qg13 ... I can keep the engine running when my foots on the gas but once i let off it dies

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » July 24th, 2016, 9:14 pm

^^ maf should be Checked after trying with a good working battery life. I suspect a low voltage problem.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » July 24th, 2016, 9:19 pm

xperttuner wrote:Sup guys.... I went to start my car to do my usual Sunday drive and realized that as soon as I started the it tumbled then died wasn' getting any power from battery.... So I cleaned the poles and everything came back on but now when it starts is doesn't idle the rpms raise then drop then the car stalls what could be the problem? It's the qg13 ... I can keep the engine running when my foots on the gas but once i let off it dies

if its an E throttle type you may need to do the relearn procedure ( it costs you nothing to try )

Pedal Relearn Procedure
Accerlerator Pedal Released Postion Learning is and operation to learn the full released postions of the accerlerator pedal by monitoring the accelerator pedal sensor output signal. It must be performed each time harness connector of accelearator pedal postion sensor or ECM is disconnected.

1. Make Sure the acceleartor Pedal is fully released
2. Turn Ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 Seconds.
3. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 Seconds
4. Turn Ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn Ignition switch off and wait at least 10 seconds

Throttle Valve Relearn
Throttle Valve Closed Postion Learning is to learn the fully closed postion of the throttle valve by monitoring the throttle position sensor output signal. It must be performed each time harness of
electric throttle control actuator or ECM is disconnect.

1.Make sure accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition ON
3. Turn igntion switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds. Make sure that the throttle valve moves during the 10 seconds by confrming the operating sound.
(You can hear the TB sound when you have key on and shifter in first gear and step on the gas. So you know what you listening for.)

Idle Air Volume Relearn Procedure
The Following Condtions Must be met in order for procedure to Work.

Battery Voltage :More than 12.9 volts at idle
Engine Coolant Temp 158-203 degrees Farenhiet
Electric Load Switch OFF i.e Air Condition, headlamps , rear defogger
Steering Wheel: Neutral Postion (Straight Ahead)
PNP Switch: OFF (Park Neutral Switch i.e. Clutch Switch...pretty sure)

1. Perform ACCERLEARATOR PEDAL RELEASED POSTIONS LEARNING
2. Perform THROTTLE VALVE CLOSED POSITION LEARNING
3. Start engine and warm it up to operation temperature
4. Turn igniton switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds
5. Confirm Gas Pedal if fully realeased, then turn igniton switch ON and wait 3 seconds
6. Fully step on and release gas pedal 5 time within 5 seconds
8. Wait 7 seconds and fully step on gas and stay on until MIL stops blinking and is steady.
9. Fully release the Gas pedal within 3 seconds after the MIL has turned ON steady.
10. Start engine imediatly and let idle. Wait 20 seconds.

xperttuner
Riding on 13's

Postby xperttuner » July 25th, 2016, 9:18 pm

skylinechild wrote:
xperttuner wrote:Sup guys.... I went to start my car to do my usual Sunday drive and realized that as soon as I started the it tumbled then died wasn' getting any power from battery.... So I cleaned the poles and everything came back on but now when it starts is doesn't idle the rpms raise then drop then the car stalls what could be the problem? It's the qg13 ... I can keep the engine running when my foots on the gas but once i let off it dies

if its an E throttle type you may need to do the relearn procedure ( it costs you nothing to try )

Pedal Relearn Procedure
Accerlerator Pedal Released Postion Learning is and operation to learn the full released postions of the accerlerator pedal by monitoring the accelerator pedal sensor output signal. It must be performed each time harness connector of accelearator pedal postion sensor or ECM is disconnected.

1. Make Sure the acceleartor Pedal is fully released
2. Turn Ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 Seconds.
3. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 Seconds
4. Turn Ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn Ignition switch off and wait at least 10 seconds

Throttle Valve Relearn
Throttle Valve Closed Postion Learning is to learn the fully closed postion of the throttle valve by monitoring the throttle position sensor output signal. It must be performed each time harness of
electric throttle control actuator or ECM is disconnect.

1.Make sure accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition ON
3. Turn igntion switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds. Make sure that the throttle valve moves during the 10 seconds by confrming the operating sound.
(You can hear the TB sound when you have key on and shifter in first gear and step on the gas. So you know what you listening for.)

Idle Air Volume Relearn Procedure
The Following Condtions Must be met in order for procedure to Work.

Battery Voltage :More than 12.9 volts at idle
Engine Coolant Temp 158-203 degrees Farenhiet
Electric Load Switch OFF i.e Air Condition, headlamps , rear defogger
Steering Wheel: Neutral Postion (Straight Ahead)
PNP Switch: OFF (Park Neutral Switch i.e. Clutch Switch...pretty sure)

1. Perform ACCERLEARATOR PEDAL RELEASED POSTIONS LEARNING
2. Perform THROTTLE VALVE CLOSED POSITION LEARNING
3. Start engine and warm it up to operation temperature
4. Turn igniton switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds
5. Confirm Gas Pedal if fully realeased, then turn igniton switch ON and wait 3 seconds
6. Fully step on and release gas pedal 5 time within 5 seconds
8. Wait 7 seconds and fully step on gas and stay on until MIL stops blinking and is steady.
9. Fully release the Gas pedal within 3 seconds after the MIL has turned ON steady.
10. Start engine imediatly and let idle. Wait 20 seconds.

THANK YOU!

trini iceman
Trinituner Peong

Postby trini iceman » July 26th, 2016, 5:57 am

Now seeing this one. The important factor here is if this is manual or electronic throttle. The fact that it runs when you open the throttle says the engine needs air and it sounds like this is cable. I doubt a relearn or the MAF is the issue but I'm not working on in so I could be wrong, please update.

xperttuner
Riding on 13's

Postby xperttuner » July 26th, 2016, 7:22 am

trini iceman wrote:

Now seeing this one. The important factor here is if this is manual or electronic throttle. The fact that it runs when you open the throttle says the engine needs air and it sounds like this is cable. I doubt a relearn or the MAF is the issue but I'm not working on in so I could be wrong, please update.

managed to get it to work when some restarts....idk how but it seems fine now

trini iceman
Trinituner Peong

Postby trini iceman » July 26th, 2016, 8:10 am

Good.

Dimitri111
Street 2NR

Postby Dimitri111 » November 14th, 2016, 11:14 am

Anyone know if a ga15 gearbox could work on qg18?

danduray
Riding on 13's

Postby danduray » December 27th, 2016, 5:52 pm

Anyone know if a Japan engine could work in a Singapore Nissan Almera

NR8
Riding on 18's

Re: RE: Re: QG owners united, Service Manual pg1, CVTC pg 12

Postby NR8 » December 27th, 2016, 10:35 pm

danduray wrote:Anyone know if a Japan engine could work in a Singapore Nissan Almera

Cable or e-throttle? If it's cable, yes. Just be sure to use the Jaanese ECU and harness as well.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 15th, 2019, 4:25 pm

qg15 tappet pan cover, who having?

gtiracer
Street 2NR

Postby gtiracer » December 1st, 2021, 5:43 am

QG15 Head and Block anyone?

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”