TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

FWD..TO..RWD

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Death-Row
punchin NOS

FWD..TO..RWD

Postby Death-Row » August 26th, 2007, 3:50 pm

well i been doing some reading and they said it can be done but is stress and then some say is not that much lol. Just outa curiosity and to gain some more knowledge on the topic. Can anyone give me and answer to this question?

Can a RB20 be installed in a regular FWD B13? what steps will need to be taken for this to be done?

this post also gave me some info but not quite enough:

http://forums.trinituner.com/forums/arc ... -61138.htm

BlueIce
punchin NOS

Postby BlueIce » August 26th, 2007, 4:58 pm

atleast yuh search!

but i dont see how a 6 cylinder could fit in a b13 in any direction ...unless u cut firewall and make some kinda freak like what they did to the b12 in the states

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » August 26th, 2007, 6:27 pm

BlueIce, lol i did alot of research outa curiosity. searched google, sr20forum and stuff like that. they said it is possible for a RWD conversion for the B13 but alot of work and then some said not that much. i aint heard anything about the rb20 thow.

but what about the RWD conversion. anything in Trinidadian language lol. It would be really sweet to have a drift machine b13 :lol:

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » August 26th, 2007, 6:36 pm

also was reading on a post here a while back that someone took a B14 and cut the nose off and extended the front in order to whole a larger engine. Not sure if it was a RWD engine thow. Is this safe? just think, you lengthen the front, get the RWD system in and you fit a RB26DETT in a B13 hahahahhaha.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » August 26th, 2007, 6:40 pm

BlueIce wrote:atleast yuh search!

but i dont see how a 6 cylinder could fit in a b13 in any direction ...unless u cut firewall and make some kinda freak like what they did to the b12 in the states

hmmm, that reminded me of putting ah rb26 in an almera and having the back of the engine right where the deck does be :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » August 26th, 2007, 8:02 pm

i was thinkin maybe running something like a full silvia S13 system in the mechanics of the car or something so lol. i dont have the money for this project at this point in time but i was just bored today and thought about it :lol: very curious to see if then can be done and how.

JJ16
30 pounds of Boost

Postby JJ16 » August 26th, 2007, 8:13 pm

okay thaz real stress u talking bout..

im sure it can be done cause at the end of the day a vechile is jus like a shell when u take out everything....

prob if u try placing a sr20 rwd in a b14 it might work..but whats the sense in that??

the only thing i know of along the lines of this is the car which prentice build i believe it was a tiny car such as a swift or someting so, where he put some engine in the back of the car or someting like that...

not to sure..but i wud always say, leave a fwd car fwd and leave a rwd car rwd...
you would spend WAYYY to much time, effort and money doing this if its possible.

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » August 26th, 2007, 8:23 pm

yea same thing im thinkin but maybe for a rich beyotch that wanna be special, he might do this.

but i mean if its a SR20, then that makes no sense. i just thought of this and really wanna get some info on it, not for a real project or anything right now, just wanna learn something new i guess.

as i said above also. i remember seeing someone extending the front of a B14 so i guess since can be done with a B13 but how safe is it? if doing this, you may be able to fit a RB26 (keepin it in the nissan fam :lol: ) in there. That would really be a nice ride heh.

but what car can you use for parts for the RWD system on the B13? i think i remember someone here thinkin about making a B13 AWD and someone suggested the Pulsar GTiR to get the system from, but what car can be used to get the RWD parts from for the B13? Also with all the cutting and welding and ting, will the car be as strong as before?

on a side note, when a car is cut and welded at a point, does it lose and strength at all? can this be dangerous? or if dont well it will be good as new?

honda hoe
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby honda hoe » August 26th, 2007, 10:52 pm

Death-Row,

put a b18c in yuh b13. talk dun

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » August 26th, 2007, 11:29 pm

honda hoe, hahah seriously dat go real pull eh. i just doing a lil research here. not gonna do this project anytime soon if its really all that headache heh.

honda hoe, i kinda fedup of all that honda vs nissan ting so doh bring dat here he but you ever see ah B18c powered B13? it fittin in there and how it running?

JJ16
30 pounds of Boost

Postby JJ16 » August 27th, 2007, 2:17 am

^^:lol: anything with honda in it guh wuk gud..a b18c does reall pelt...doh talk bout when dem fellaz boost it....

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » August 27th, 2007, 9:15 am

to tell you the truth, i doh think you EVER gonna do a project like this bcuz it was the same for me. When you think about it, it dont make sense, building a car to showoff to other people like, "oooh i have a rb26 b14" ....that doh make sense, next ting a sr20det primera with half that money come and put a cutass on yuh. Get my point?

Think about it, entire engine bay needs to be fabricated, you need to measure and make up crossmember for a rwd engine, make space for steering rack etc, beat out the tunnel for driveshaft, cut and make more space, making the car weaker, then lining up a driveshaft, and diff, and if u have to find one the width of the car or else tyres will be sticking out.

Now after that, after all that money spent, u think is the ultimate, u go drive, problems start, another set of money has to be spent.

Now everything working, u want to spend money to upgrade.

COMPARE that to just swapping in an engine thats easy as drop in like an sr20det in a primera or s13 and just modifying from there. U might have an easy 350-400HP with a shietload of money to keep.

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » August 27th, 2007, 9:31 pm

*~TeamH2O~*, Im not considering this project since i think its basically building a car lol i just curious nah, always thought about it and did some research on it and just wanted to find out if it was ever done and if so, how.

i know there is a big big beef with HONDA right now lol but i also always wanted to see how something like a boosted B18c will run in a b13 since all you hear about is SR20 in b13 (or cars in that range). I know its cost efficient but it kinda get over bearing now with the SR20 and RB20 business.

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » August 29th, 2007, 7:15 pm

i dunno if this is a big coinsidence or what but my padnah who also has a B13 come and told me he have a plan that will make me ball. i now thinkin what it could be. He said it will be the first of its kind in Trinidad so i now was about to tell him about my thoughts on a RWD B13 but he beat me to it lol he wanted to drop ah SR20VVL RWD into his B13. :lol:

i told him to come inside and i showed him this post and my other findings on this project and then he watch me with a face like this: :cry: and said he have to think of a next plan hahahhahahahhahah

Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Picasso » August 30th, 2007, 6:34 am

just think, you lengthen the front, get the RWD system in and you fit a RB26DETT in a B13 hahahahhaha

So that is what JWT was thinking for the Primera ? :P :lol: :lol:

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » August 31st, 2007, 10:13 am

Picasso, :lol:

so anyone hear about extending the front? safety? procedure?

ninja
Street 2NR

FWD

Postby ninja » September 6th, 2007, 5:21 pm

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » September 6th, 2007, 7:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SmokeyGTi
punchin NOS

Postby SmokeyGTi » September 7th, 2007, 8:32 am

Death-Row, here's a hint:

get a 4wd b13,
there's space to accomodate the driveshaft and diff, then you could probably try to fit a sr20 rwd. :idea:

extending the front and tyring to put a 6 cylinder in there would make the car waaay too front heavy, you'd have some serious stability issues.

Death-Row
punchin NOS

Postby Death-Row » September 7th, 2007, 12:42 pm

SmokeyGTi,not a real project but just a thought heh. to me a RWD B13 wouldnt be all that special. it would be a situation just like the ferrari. the first time you see it, there will be alot of talk about it then after a week or so, its gonna die down then your just gonna be "the B13" hahha. i rather spend that money on a S14 :twisted: :twisted:

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”