TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

B14 AC Problems

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Chris00007
3NE 2NR for life

B14 AC Problems

Postby Chris00007 » October 24th, 2019, 3:34 pm

So ever since I bought my b14 I getting this dream AC problems. It cools nice whenever I turn it on but I hear a hissing noise as soon as it's turned on and it stops within a few seconds, and ever so often it comes back and goes again within a few seconds.

Not sure what that could be but my main concern is that after a while (about 30 mins) of running ac, it starts to blow warm air instead of cool air. I normally turn off the AC, wait a few minutes and then turn it back on and then it's cool again. What this problem could be?

Ryan197912
3NE 2NR for life

Re: B14 AC Problems

Postby Ryan197912 » October 24th, 2019, 3:55 pm

Leaking evaporator

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » October 24th, 2019, 4:43 pm

Definitely a leak in the system.

Find a good vehicle ac man , make sure he adds a dye to your system if its not already there, so the leaks could be detected.

Had that same issue with another vehicle and it was a leaking evaporator.

If you're adventurous look at where the AC lines go through the firewall that is the location of the evaporator . Its behind the glove-box.

Most probably you'd need to change it

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » October 24th, 2019, 8:55 pm

Clogged drier or metering device. If it was a leak it wouldnt cool at all.

When pressure is allowed to equalise the backflow unclogs it. So when he starts up, cool breeze again, until it clogs up again, then no cool breeze.

Just get an ac guy who knows what the high side reading is for and has a vacuume pump.

I can send you by someone but thats quite morouga side. He will recover your refrigerant, fix your issue and put back your refrigerant. This is the way things should be done.

Chris00007
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Chris00007 » October 27th, 2019, 6:32 am

nervewrecker wrote:Clogged drier or metering device. If it was a leak it wouldnt cool at all.

When pressure is allowed to equalise the backflow unclogs it. So when he starts up, cool breeze again, until it clogs up again, then no cool breeze.

Just get an ac guy who knows what the high side reading is for and has a vacuume pump.

I can send you by someone but thats quite morouga side. He will recover your refrigerant, fix your issue and put back your refrigerant. This is the way things should be done.

I spoke to a guy and he said it could be a thermostat problem, not sure of to get this checked out first tho. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”