TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Valve seals vs head and block (mr20)

Sunny to Skyline - SR20, CA18, RB20-26, VG30 etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

tsniper
Riding on 13's

Valve seals vs head and block (mr20)

Postby tsniper » March 5th, 2021, 9:03 pm

how much does it cost to change seals valve seals does it make sense to do or should i just get a used head and block? btw what exactly do you get when you buy a head and block? is it just the head and block or all internal come with it just but with periphery parts

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Valve seals vs head and block (mr20)

Postby Dave » March 5th, 2021, 9:42 pm

I always believe in fixing what I have especially as I know what it is.
A used head and block would be that. Who is to say the internal condition and what needs to be done in how long after installing it.

Of course of your unit is far gone and is costing more, a head and block would be more cost effective as well as having you back up and running quicker than repairing.

Head and block is internally complete.

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: Valve seals vs head and block (mr20)

Postby skylinechild » March 15th, 2021, 8:08 pm

tsniper wrote:how much does it cost to change seals valve seals does it make sense to do or should i just get a used head and block? btw what exactly do you get when you buy a head and block? is it just the head and block or all internal come with it just but with periphery parts

the valve and valve seals are usually cheap... shipping is what kills you .....

plus as dave said once you confirm thats all you need fixing is more effective..

i'd take the opportunity to replace all the necessary seals on the head - spark pug oil seals and PCV valve and such - in one go ..........and just for funnies - if you can afford it... have the head cleaned and port and polish ...and install all new parts...

you'd swear its a new engine.

Advertisement

Return to “NISSAN”