doh cry wolf boi 8-)

G-T
3NE 2NR for life

Postby G-T » October 29th, 2007, 4:03 pm

LMAO @honda hoe & joker

Ignorant Ignis
punchin NOS

Postby Ignorant Ignis » October 29th, 2007, 4:18 pm

SyrianAli wrote:and well i had on camo pants and a black top with a black hijab, so if anyone saw me, well thats me! :lol:

a bit off topic ..... but i hope you are aware that camo is illegal in any colour and any print ...and carries a 10,000.00 fine.

Dragist
punchin NOS

Postby Dragist » October 29th, 2007, 4:23 pm

^^ I was going to say that but decided to say nothing :o

dbesson
Sweet on this forum

Postby dbesson » October 29th, 2007, 4:45 pm

I honestly don't think TTASA can hold Banzia's letter against him or anyone else's opinions for that matter. the man pay his money to go and see an event, and is just making a constructive criticism about the event and the promoters. TTASA should note all the problems that everyone has made note of and use it to plan their next event. once the criticism is offered up with solutions... don't criticize without first having a solution for the problem.

well my brother and i tried to come, but didn't bother when we saw all the traffic at the entrance, and that was around 3, glad we didn't bother after hearing that it was packed passed capacity and my forty would have just fattened the pockets of TTASA.

I hope that they hold more event before the end of the year and that this wasn't just some elections scam to keep the motor sports community quiet before elections.

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » October 29th, 2007, 5:14 pm

Banzai, great great post...

I am really glad that TTASA managed to get use of the airstrip for the year (I HOPE after all that confusion), but the event was utterly disorganized and the officials and inspectors were, for the most part, dis-courteous. There were no directions to do anything or go anywhere and it was almost as though the TTASA officials EXPECTED you to read their minds as to what you were supposed to do (as a registered racer).

Again... thanks and props to TTASA for securing the site, but honestly they should leave the running and organisation of a drag event to someone that knows how to do it.

If you want to put drags in a bad light and possibly kill off the sport, this event's disorganisation and ongoings would be a good start.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » October 29th, 2007, 5:45 pm

ants eh bite allyuh?

HondaHo de 1st
Chronic 2NR

Postby HondaHo de 1st » October 29th, 2007, 5:49 pm

Mr. Rawle Murrel, I salute you................ I could not have said it better myself.

look carefully at how the Nov 11th event will play off and you will see the difference in organisational skills.

copper_shot
Riding on 16's

Re: Dear Mssrs TTASA....

Postby copper_shot » October 29th, 2007, 5:56 pm

BANzai Rastafarai wrote:..One more thing. Take some of the money and get some training in human relations for yuh people, the gate people, the pit people, the security people, the competion people....

well said...

SyrianAli
Riding on 13's

Postby SyrianAli » October 29th, 2007, 6:27 pm

X_Factor wrote:ants eh bite allyuh?

yes! and sandfly too!

SyrianAli
Riding on 13's

Postby SyrianAli » October 29th, 2007, 6:29 pm

Ignis wrote:
SyrianAli wrote:and well i had on camo pants and a black top with a black hijab, so if anyone saw me, well thats me! :lol:

a bit off topic ..... but i hope you are aware that camo is illegal in any colour and any print ...and carries a 10,000.00 fine.

den dey had alot of ppl to charge den! :lol:
(i eh sayin dat justify it eh, i know i wrong, but hell, who drives under 80 on d highway :roll: )

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » October 29th, 2007, 6:30 pm

SyrianAli wrote:(i eh sayin dat justify it eh, i know i wrong, but hell, who drives under 80 on d highway :roll: )

Umm.... alot of people... and they tend to do it while crowding the right lane... go figure.

4everstock
Sweet on this forum

Postby 4everstock » October 29th, 2007, 8:25 pm

Ignorant idiots!!!!!!
This is how we show support for Drag Racing??.......point fingers and criticize..... the more responsible thing to do is get involved and help to make it perfect......true some of the pionts may be valid, but there was only 2 weeks to get all ...everything...all that done.....what some people could have done was try to get involved and do something for the sport we love..........most of you all that have "choice" things to say, were not to be seen when we were fighting to get the very facility that we have now. In most of the situations where there were problems, both sides could share some of the blame
Responsible persons should try to be a little more constructive .......the negativity just makes things harder for everyone and it's only our sport that suffers.....if you want to see it get better, do something to help it get better....get involved rather than stand and point fingers

dragaholic
Riding on 18's

Postby dragaholic » October 29th, 2007, 10:08 pm

Mr. Stock why you takin an about face so. You yuhself was commenting on all de boosheit that was goin on at that event. I myself was a racer at this event and that makes it 2 times TTASA has totally mucked up an event.

I don't want to hear from Link I want to hear from Jameer himself(he is always on this site) about the my $250.00 I paid to take part in an official/organized bracket racing competition.

If allyuh wanted to have ah Gangsta event allyuh should have said so in the first place. I would have saved my money for better things.

Banzai you couldn't have said it better and to top off what yuh said, they got every damn thing borrowed for this event. From timing system, trackbite, fencing etc.

Can someone tell me why Flambeaux wasn't there applying trackbite with his sprayer? and rubbing down de track with the use slicks to at least get some form of rubber on de track. Instead yuh have poor Stoute tryin to apply bite with ah garden sprayer. Allyuh have no shame.

LEAVE THE RUNNING OF DRAG RACING TO THOSE WHO KNOW HOW TO RUN IT.

Jameer I await yuh responce.

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » October 30th, 2007, 1:14 am

dragaholic wrote:Mr. Stock why you takin an about face so. You yuhself was commenting on all de boosheit that was goin on at that event.

4everstock... were you racing ? Were you spectating ?

Whether or not you were there... why must we accept sub standard events and PAY THE PREMIUM price ? This is NOT AT ALL the first drag event to take place in this country and DO NOT even say it's cuz this was the first time at this track as the disorganization displayed at this event had nothing to do with the location.... the location was well suited for an event.

If the goverment wanted a display of people to show that racing has tremendous support... then THEY GOT IT (at the expense of everyone there).

If allyuh wanted to have ah Gangsta event allyuh should have said so in the first place. I would have saved my money for better things.

And yet others (myself included) would have gladly paid to race in a gansta type event....so why were we fed the 'competition' BS ? I stressing about not getting knocked out early when I coulda just been callin out whoever I want.

In the short term, I had fun, but in the long term, I was disappointed at the ongoings....I would like to hear a response as well.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Dear Mssrs TTASA....

Postby link » October 30th, 2007, 7:20 am

BANzai Rastafarai wrote:Dear Messrs TTASA,

You have done it again. But first let me congratulate you on getting Camden, this is long overdue, and as you can see everybody who like drags tried to be there today. Well, nah that not really true, because I didn see any press ads an I didn hear any radio ads.

So is word of mouth, friend and pardna and of course the best web site around Trinituner, that bring out what was possibly the biggest crowd in Drag racing ever. An remember this is jus local, much more if is International with them foreign cars.

And as we talking bout no advertising, I going straight for the money talk. Crowd guesstimate from different people was 6, nah 8 nah 10 thousand people and I see where the President say in the papers he expecting bout 15,000 people. So leh we say was half ah dat, 7,500 by $40, boy that is a cool $300, 000. And what about them competitors who pay to race in officials, but end up in gangsta / grudge racing an pay $250. By how much 60, 70, 80 ah hear a man say was 96 competitors, by $250, Lordie that is another 24,000. And then man had to pay extra for pit passes at $50.00. And of course allyu even get some sponsosr to throw a lil thing in the pot.

But I really, really, want to know if that $200,000 to fund this specially requested event was a goodbye gift from Boynes. If all of the above is true and nearly accurate, breds allyuh take win, one event at Camden and allyuh collect a cooooooool $550,000.00 . Allyuh was wasting time at Wallers man. Camden is the gold mine. And let we not forget that when officials turn to grudge runs, NO Trophies to hand out!

Now that the money chapter out of the way, serious business now, that is if Messrs TTASA interested in anything else but the money in the bank,(ah hope, because ah hear that all the money from the first December 2006 Drag event didn reach the bank at all!)

When Messrs TTASA allyuh will ever learn how to manage a Drag event? Dec 2006 first event was a lesson allyuh didn learn from. But the second one in Dec 2006 was better, why? But by then the thousands and thousands from the first one didn come back for the second one. Allyuh ask yuself WHY??? And we see this first one at Camden, with thousands, allyuh think the people who come today go really come back?

Safety was compromised, see the crowds in the Pit, see the children in the pit, mother with baby in pram, no sort of crowd control between people and race cars, an doh talk for the big bikes, an ah talking bout the PIT eh.

Security was compromised all how. Doh talk for the dog men and the pit bulls an them. Totally unnecessary if proper controls were in place. Down the track, the crowd encroaching and a lil appeal on the inadequate PA and then yuh press on. Doh talk for when the tractor man come down the track pas by the control tent an pull down the wires.

Competition was advertised in classes, but that get throw thru the window one time by the lack of organization in running bracket racing, in getting qualifying times done early on, even see Tam pull up with 2 Subaru and 2 Skyline after 3 oclock on race day, how allyuh expect to organize properly.

Spectator parkin, well that was park wherever and to hell with how yuh get back out. Pity I couldn get a lil google earth shot around 5:00 clock, even Manning would say… Look at peeeeople!

Look enough talk, I swear I hear some TTASA people say some time ago that them should govern, an let others run they own event, but nah, TTASA want to do everything and leave the others who know how to organzise stay out in limbo. Look alyuh prove allyuh point, allyuh just cannot run a proper drag race event, yuh fail in December 06, yuh fail again now. Doh chase away the Drag racing crowd that impatient, want to see good competition, and well organized event.

Please, talk to the other people who know what they about, and wuk with them, but please doh wreck Drag racing, yuh going an kill the goose that laying yuh golden egg. Yuh collect $550,000 (approx) easy, easy, rock back and manage this properly, and try and work a deal with the other Drag racing promoters, this go be a win for TTASA, ah win for the promoters, ah win for the spectators and especially ah win for the sponsors. But wait, I forget the government. Say what elections go dun jus now.

One more thing. Take some of the money and get some training in human relations for yuh people, the gate people, the pit people, the security people, the competion people. Ops, did someone say that Mr. FIA was the Competition Coordinator? Hell that explains why everybody pay to see ah official gangsta event. Man shoulda stay in space.

Look ah tired an frustrated from waiting so long for a good drags and end up getting drag through this crap.

Bear in mind, i sit in no ones hand. Years ago when ASPL was doing their crap with the "chain link fence" and the long intervalls between running of classes, I let them have the same brunt of criticism that i am levelling now. Just bringing it as I see it.

There could have been a delay in the hosting of this drag event. While you aim to please, maybe soem foresight was needed.

TTASA, please, put yuh ears to the ground and listen, else we going back 25 years, yes 25 years.

points noted
rgds

Monk BANzai
3NE 2NR Moderator
Location: 2 Laws of 2NR. 1. You can't turn a hoe into a housewife. 2. The Streets are Undefeated.

Postby Monk BANzai » October 30th, 2007, 11:34 am

^^^ my addendum.....

First thing. If this was an ASPL event, i would have been just as if not EVEN more critical of what took place. I say that because ASPL has had more experience in hosting Drag events than TTASA. Plain and simple. Im not sure if ASPL has the administrative clout and power that maybe TTASA may hold. In fact i called Mr. Mahabir and lambased him for not at least lending support to the cause. The "ASPL" blackout was uncalled for. ASPL didnt evn make a statement saying that they are in support of what is going on. I'm just the guy on the fence here.

I also think that TTASA sohuld've at least thru the media (Trinituner and Triniturbo) say thanks for the immense support of the event. Issues aside, i think the fact remains that the event inded came off. It wasnt an ASPL, TTUMRA or TTRC ot TT-Karting event. It was a TTASA event and broke records in terms of attendance. I am however, not back tracking on what i said earlier. I know that TTASA had a mandate to produce an event before elections. I also know that the issue of the Civil Aviation and Briko was not in the mix when the announcement was made.

But communication. Irrespect of all the big stone you may have collected, TTASA should have at least madia release thru the media (TV, internet hell radio even) staing that "look, lets just show the country that we can still do it."

Im sure talks are beign held now about international events and stuff, because even a Permanent Secretary (cudnt really car about Boynes, because the PS holds more clout) would be impressed with what they saw.

Jameer, you have a good looking face. You have a media friendly face. Use it. Become more friendly in front the camera than behind it. And for Christ's sake...say something!!

I still think that you Jameer can change the face of TTASA and by extension motorsport.

4everstock
Sweet on this forum

Postby 4everstock » October 30th, 2007, 12:04 pm

Thanks Rawle, that sounds a lot better. There's a new thread "ISSUES RAISED AS A RESULT OF DRAGS AT CAMDEN".....please direct your suggestions and contructive criticisms there. There are a couple issues to iron out, and with everyone's help, Drag racing can be phenominal in Trinidad. The bottom line is that there were too many things to do in the short space of time given by the Gov't for the event to take place, but I'm sure with all the suggestions and assistance the next one will be a lot better........be informed!!!!...get involved!!!....help get the right people involved and committed!!!

stretcherz
Sweet on this forum

Postby stretcherz » October 30th, 2007, 12:08 pm

X2...nice runs...
Dragaholic great runs....
Everybody else great work...(racers i'm speaking about)

but i agree with banzai 100%. allyuh talking bout security precaution since early last week. yet we was in the pits drinking saturday.

it was getting frustrated for awhile cause the were pulling ppl out the line to bring yancy and them up to race...my question is why? my friend SSS...got pulled out of the line twice when he reached the front... and i was posting up the races but couldn't hear the times or see the end of the track to confirm who won. i had to look at the lights for confirmation.

cause i swear i was there for the entire event sunday and real cars that were there sunday didn't even show their faces the saturday before *cough cough tam cough cough*...but anyway i guess that's the way the cookie crumbles. i wanna see a better event the next time. i will be hesitant though... remember we coming from the east...that kinda far to get stick somewhere yuh doh know. and if i was wasn't following a boosted vehicle. how would i have known where the track was? it had two signs from the flyover to the track...

imagine this...it had 5 stands saturday for test and tune...they were all filled...now imagine sunday...5 stands, thousands of ppl....how was that supposed to work? they were probably expecting noone to show up because so much ppl find allyuh does do crap. but then again, i personally needed to some racing. and i dph attend street races anymore.

4everstock
Sweet on this forum

Postby 4everstock » October 30th, 2007, 1:16 pm

again ignorance......stretcherz......why speak about things that you do not have all the information for ......you, I'm sure DID NOTHING!!!! Tam on the other hand did a lot more than you think........but then again you so don't even deserve an explanation.......IF YOU'RE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION - THEN YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!!!!

stretcherz
Sweet on this forum

Postby stretcherz » October 30th, 2007, 1:19 pm

you need a reality check... i could've sworn they said all racers were to be there by 11:00...or that is what they told my boy SSS?

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » October 31st, 2007, 12:11 am

Mr. Banzai, Hold yuh horses and please be advised that, upon a request for my suggestions from a Vice President of TTASA, I did offer my 2cts prior to this event to him and certain senior management members of TTASA.

These were noted and accepted. And when other requests were made, I instantly responded in a positive manner. Beyond that, I really could not step in any further.

Re the rest of your comments, I remind your goodself and everyone of our early days when criticism was leveled at ASPL for the manner in which certain things were being done. I responded to each and every one of the commentators and their comments, and we quickly got everything up to the standards suggested.

And today I have a very healthy relationship, as a result of those exchanges, with each and every one of those critics (and some were definitely less than pleasant).

And as seems to be the standard response…….
“points noted
rgdsâ€

TriniGT
punchin NOS

Postby TriniGT » October 31st, 2007, 7:32 am

I still want to know, how are the two guys that were bitten going to be compensated??? :evil: :evil:

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » October 31st, 2007, 8:20 am

AutoSport wrote:Mr. Banzai, Hold yuh horses and please be advised that, upon a request for my suggestions from a Vice President of TTASA, I did offer my 2cts prior to this event to him and certain senior management members of TTASA.

These were noted and accepted. And when other requests were made, I instantly responded in a positive manner. Beyond that, I really could not step in any further.

Re the rest of your comments, I remind your goodself and everyone of our early days when criticism was leveled at ASPL for the manner in which certain things were being done. I responded to each and every one of the commentators and their comments, and we quickly got everything up to the standards suggested.

And today I have a very healthy relationship, as a result of those exchanges, with each and every one of those critics (and some were definitely less than pleasant).

And as seems to be the standard response…….
“points noted
rgdsâ€

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » November 1st, 2007, 12:16 am

Size - medium please.

Sombeody tell me if I only offer 2cts - what the heck I should expect for that!

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » November 1st, 2007, 9:51 am

AutoSport wrote:I remind your goodself and everyone of our early days when criticism was leveled at ASPL for the manner in which certain things were being done. I responded to each and every one of the commentators and their comments, and we quickly got everything up to the standards suggested.

Then it's a damn good thing that we are no longer in the early days of drag racing and that everyone involved in that last event knew what they were doing as they were not new to the concept.

Look... if someone does sh*t... they shouldn't be surprised if they get slammed for it.

Yeo
TunerGod

Postby Yeo » November 13th, 2007, 1:25 pm

*applause*

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » November 13th, 2007, 4:16 pm

AutoSport wrote:Size - medium please.

Sombeody tell me if I only offer 2cts - what the heck I should expect for that!

[b]$20,000........[/b]
because that's what u charged TTASA for those bleachers for spectators
so much for developing & uplifting motor sports.........
:fist:

Advertisement

Return to “The "NEW Race Track" Issue”