TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Letter to TTASA from Sheldon Bissessar & PTRT - UPDATE!

Somewhere where to run?

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » February 29th, 2008, 8:30 am

oooh gaaawd

well look ting if he lets her drive this weekend and cut some ass

Tired Accord
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Tired Accord » February 29th, 2008, 8:36 am

Dragsta wrote:was down @ camden tday w Sheldon and his Rail....

rail getting better traction now...track is hooking up good..

and Guess what....His 17yr old daughter drove it :shock:

i really couldnt believe my eyes....estimated a low 10's with out Noz+ accel only up to 3/4 of the 1320 :o

so we can expect to see some good times this weekend(god's willing)

:mrgreen:

^^^How she look ?? :lol: :lol:

MANIAC
Riding on 16's

Postby MANIAC » February 29th, 2008, 9:24 am

i really couldnt believe my eyes....estimated a low 10's with out Noz+ accel only up to 3/4 of the 1320 :o

A correction there Dragsta ... this should be Mint Cars Rail ... Owner Michael Luke and it was his (Michael) daughter that is piloting the Dragster .... and yes she is a pretty girl :P

Dragsta
punchin NOS

Postby Dragsta » February 29th, 2008, 9:32 am

MANIAC wrote:

A correction there Dragsta ... this should be Mint Cars Rail ... Owner Michael Luke and it was his (Michael) daughter that is piloting the Dragster .... and yes she is a pretty girl :P
Yea thanks there Maniac..

she is REALLY IMPRESSIVE :o

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » February 29th, 2008, 10:24 am

another erica in the making :twisted:

DownesDigital
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby DownesDigital » March 2nd, 2008, 9:04 pm

eh, today clean up crew was slow, better than dat fellas

SRT-4
Ricer

TTASA Sucks D***K !

Postby SRT-4 » March 3rd, 2008, 2:26 am

Imagine a multi million dollar stadium going up in south 1 year too late and counting to add to the other 4 stadiums that trinidad has and not one automative racing complex. I guess Trini's like it so. TTASA sucks, PNM ultra sucks. And Trini's on the whole suck the most because they just bending down , holding their ankles and winining while they takin It !

MANIAC
Riding on 16's

Postby MANIAC » March 3rd, 2008, 9:02 am

SlimThug wrote:eh, today clean up crew was slow, better than dat fellas

Are you talking about when Flambo mashed up his engine on the Line and soaked the Ground with Oil ??? ... How much faster than that do you want them to clean up ? .... They were using Cement & Methanol to conduct the cleanup operations and Sheldon & The Partytime Racing Team were out in full force immediately to have this done !!!

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Postby wagon r » March 3rd, 2008, 10:02 am

i guess he doesn't know how long it actually takes ......go easy on the young pollywog...

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » March 3rd, 2008, 10:28 pm

wagon r wrote: young pollywog...

Lol... :lol:

ziig
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby ziig » March 4th, 2008, 2:12 am

I taught a girl her in ohio she was 15 and doing 7 sec runs...now she is gone to more power and hoping for high 5 :twisted:

zaxxon1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zaxxon1 » March 4th, 2008, 11:39 am

ziig wrote:I taught a girl her in ohio she was 15 and doing 7 sec runs...now she is gone to more power and hoping for high 5 :twisted:

Its good to have that kind of opportunity. Here in Trinidad one of the criteria for racing is that you must hold a drivers permit. I think it may have to do more with insurance and liability than anything else.

BTW, Sheldon has already gone to the track on Monday and sprayed some trackbite to freshen up the starting line and to see the response to evaluate a preparation time from now on.

A TTASA crew will have to be trained on track preparation and maintenance etc. as We will not always be here for races.

shapeshop
Riding on 13's

Postby shapeshop » March 4th, 2008, 3:17 pm

I'm glad you guys are in your glee and all...but what about the spectators?..don't you guys think they deserve better..loyally supporting this sport through thick and thin..and all you all could do is put them to sit down in the middle of a muddy cane field on some scaffolding?!!!......this is the same second class treatment that not all will cater to.....Come on guys wake up !!

zaxxon1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zaxxon1 » March 5th, 2008, 11:37 am

^^^ I agree with you. I have seen and heard lots of complaints. I would like to see stands all the way down the track as well as having the return lane off to the left in the cane leading directly back to the pits. This way races would not be delayed in case of any breakdowns etc.

MANIAC
Riding on 16's

Postby MANIAC » March 5th, 2008, 11:51 am

^ Exactly ... Something definitely needs to be put in place for a proper return lane ...

Cosmo Business
Street 2NR

Postby Cosmo Business » March 7th, 2008, 9:37 am

The ET's have definitely improved substantially, but is it possible for the rest of the 'un-terrazoed' surface to be ground, so that the hi power cars that still wheel spinning can get traction for the balance of the strip as well ?!?
Just my 2 cents...

MANIAC
Riding on 16's

Postby MANIAC » March 7th, 2008, 9:40 am

^ Yes its possible but, I think in order for this to be completed, the PTRT needs Financial Assistance, Human Labour, Pickup Truck to Drag the tyres etc .... Whoever is interested in assisting in anyway should contact Sheldon Bissessar or Zaxxon1 on this Forum ....

zaxxon1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zaxxon1 » March 7th, 2008, 12:29 pm

MANIAC wrote:^ Yes its possible but, I think in order for this to be completed, the PTRT needs Financial Assistance, Human Labour, Pickup Truck to Drag the tyres etc .... Whoever is interested in assisting in anyway should contact Sheldon Bissessar or Zaxxon1 on this Forum ....

Actually you guys beat me to the announcement. Sheldon will be trying to get TTASA to agree on a few things before the next meet.
1. To get permission and funding to grind another 200' on each lane and to prepare with trackbite. This is an expensive undertaking and TTASA has been funding the majority of the track preparation thus far (they have been visiting the track when preparation was taking place) They have been an active participant in the whole process so far.

2. We are looking at getting a professional timing system for drags with certified timing. The Portatree Eliminator series is not recommended for professional racing and TTASA will be trying to acquire their own system soon. In fact, I am working with compulink on this as we speak.

3. Preparing and maintaining a track utility vehicle (that would be equipped with track preparation and maintenance even fire equipment for emergency and breakdowns (this is to increase safety and minimize downtime). This vehicle will be manned by a trained crew and be owned and operated by TTASA (this unit can also be used for circuit and could be made available to other disciplines requiring such a vehicle).

Any help financial and labour wise, I think the track skeptics can see now we can make this track work and have some good racing for the rest of the year (or while waiting for the government to give us a home). [Just one wing of the jet would do for us ..:lol: :D :D

You guys have to remember that Sheldon and the team are not racing down here (as yet) and work is on-going with his car in the US. We will not always be available to work on the track. I can post a couple of shots of different parts of his car for you guys to see.

zaxxon1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zaxxon1 » March 7th, 2008, 1:44 pm

For you enjoyment
the rear end:

I will post a pic of the engine in awhile

zaxxon1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zaxxon1 » March 7th, 2008, 1:54 pm

The engine

zaxxon1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zaxxon1 » March 7th, 2008, 2:01 pm

the back half

996vtwin
In Memory of George Aboud Jr.

Postby 996vtwin » March 8th, 2008, 9:40 pm

good job guys cant wait to get on a good track.

Advertisement

Return to “The "NEW Race Track" Issue”