TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

TTASA - TTUMRA discussions

Somewhere where to run?

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

highlander
Street 2NR

Postby highlander » May 16th, 2008, 11:16 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,ah hope this works for all our sakes cause we all know how stubborn TTASA can be. I know all too well (been there,done that).
so for the love of MOTOR SPORT in this country i'll say as much prayers as i can for this to work. good luck guys trying to convince TTASA people
ha ha ha ha ha.........

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Sport Ministry meets with ALL Motorsport bodies today

Postby eliteauto » May 17th, 2008, 2:17 am

interesting times ahead however

On the issue of the Waterloo site, the Hon. Minister clearly indicated that their was a request for TTASA to provide certain information to the Ministry within two months of receiving a letter advising them of the possibility of having this site developed by the Ministry, but this was never done.

has me concerned

miguel granville
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby miguel granville » May 17th, 2008, 7:35 am

wha we go do bout tobago boy
looking like salt :(

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Re: Sport Ministry met with ALL Motorsport bodies Friday

Postby Computerman » May 17th, 2008, 1:30 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:The following is an official release from the TTUMRA
The Hon. Minister expressed his serious concerns about street racing and his urgent desire to have this scourge on our roads and highways eradicated. TTUMRA indicated that one of its first priorities is to have all member bodies immediately implement rules requesting their respective competitors to sign, agreeing to not be an active participant in any type of street racing, or even a passive participant by attending such illegal activities. If they are found to have participated or even spectated they will be under penalty of immediate disqualification from participation in any members events. All member bodies must actively advise their members to do everything in their power to discourage such activities.
:roll:
Oh please! I not bothering anymore 'casue they (I'm not referring to street racers or spectators here) not listening anyway!

shapeshop
Riding on 13's

Postby shapeshop » May 17th, 2008, 1:43 pm

SSSSIIIIGGGHHHHHH.......I can't believe that you guys are actually happy with things at Camden....... :(

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 17th, 2008, 1:55 pm

^ who are "they" that you referring to then?
Everyone in motorsport on every side is working toward getting a track, a facility to race, including the government. The government just cant give a group of ppl a track and say "heh go kill yuhself". There needs to be due process and we can see due process from TTASA in the past year with Camden and perhaps with future plans of TTUMRA. They all need our support!

I hope you are not supporting the street racers just because "no one is listening"

Illegal Street racing is just that - illegal; and should be eradicated.

Street racing is like overtaking on the shoulder - call it what you like, it is illegal and should be dealt with a charge or fine - in the state of California they don’t ask questions when you are caught street racing they impound your car and crush it, full stop.

Someone can argue that overtaking on the shoulder may be necessary in an extreme emergency - I have never heard of a situation though where ppl needed to street race due to an emergency!

Bottom line - it is illegal - street racing has nothing to do with motorsport and should be dealt with stiff penalties to completely eradicate it. It is dangerous and irresponsible.

Also it is my view that having a world class race track will NOT slow down or stop street racing - no where in the world this happens. There are big tracks open 24/7 in the US and there is still street racing there.

The argument that "we have no track so we have to race on the street" is irrelevant. That is a mute point. No track means there can be no racing, full stop. You cant play football with just shoes and a field, you must have a ball - without a ball it would just be called "running", it cannot be called football.
Illegal street racing is NOT motorsport - ban it!
Last edited by Duane 3NE 2NR on May 17th, 2008, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

W2J
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby W2J » May 17th, 2008, 2:01 pm

zaxxon1 wrote:TTUMRA (Trinidad & Tobago Unified Motor Racing Association) need our support.

Corrected

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » May 17th, 2008, 2:53 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ who are "they" that you referring to then?
Specifically TTASA and The Government of Trinidad and Tobago.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:I hope you are not supporting the street racers just because "no one is listening"
My car is 'too slow' for the track, but as you should have observed over the past few years, that is the only place it is seen racing.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:The argument that "we have no track so we have to race on the street" is irrelevant. That is a mute point. No track means there can be no racing, full stop.
I may not like it but that is the reality of the situation.

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Illegal street racing is NOT motorsport - ban it!
Just enforce the flippin laws!! Too much double standard!

My point is that I have not seen TTASA (specifically, because I've observed some of the other bodies trying) attempting in any way shape or form to encourage street racers to come to the track! If anything they are discourageing them. Don't even talk about Frankie 'Drag Show'... my car is too slow to even be allowed entry! And he wanted to use his 'show' for Championship points....*steups*!

FYI: I am competing in 16sec bracket.... even though my best time is 17.1! My ole car is slower then most stock new cars.... but I do my racing on the track.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 17th, 2008, 6:46 pm

:| sorry there Computerman, but I just have no reply for that :|

link
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Sport Ministry meets with ALL Motorsport bodies today

Postby link » May 19th, 2008, 12:58 pm

corollalover101 wrote:interesting times ahead however

On the issue of the Waterloo site, the Hon. Minister clearly indicated that their was a request for TTASA to provide certain information to the Ministry within two months of receiving a letter advising them of the possibility of having this site developed by the Ministry, but this was never done.

has me concerned

I'm concerned too....especially since TTASA WAS NEVER ABLE TO SECURE AUDIENCES WITH THE MINISTER (or the P.S.) in order to move forward to make the LEASE OF THE WATERLOO LANDS A REALITY.
I also remember the minister of sports' rebuff -ON NATIONAL TELEVISION- when I phoned in & asked about the lease........his words were ...:

"THERE IS NO LEASE...THERE IS ONLY AN AGREEMENT IN PRINCIPLE..".........and that was the stonewall THAT CONTINUED WITH THE DEAFENING SILENCE FROM THAT MINISTRY.........
RGDS

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz
Location: ......takin it easy on the road we call "Life".....

Postby wagon r » May 19th, 2008, 2:14 pm

...it begins.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 19th, 2008, 3:05 pm

well........
motor sports was played by one min sport for elections........
let's see what this min will play.......
:x

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » May 20th, 2008, 11:42 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote::| sorry there Computerman, but I just have no reply for that :|
:crying:

I hope we see some progress in terms of actual unity rather than the 'false front, back biting' we've grown accustomed to. Without it we will continue to lose ground on all fronts (wallerfield, preysal, stadiums)!

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 20th, 2008, 8:46 pm

Computerman wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote::| sorry there Computerman, but I just have no reply for that :|
:crying:

I hope we see some progress in terms of actual unity rather than the 'false front, back biting' we've grown accustomed to. Without it we will continue to lose ground on all fronts (wallerfield, preysal, stadiums)!

what unity ?? it's only powermongering.........
TTASA is now being told to "give up FIA"......'because it's a problem for some people in ttumra.......'
WHAT IS THIS 'PROBLEM' ?? & WHO HAS THE 'PROBLEM' ??

all of you can't see that once TTASA was prevented from securing a home for motorsports , then the organisation could (and currently is) be portrayed as 'not doing anything for the development of racing ???
...THAT IS THE UNITY THAT WAS DELIBERATELY DENIED MOTOR RACING BY THIS MIN OF SPRT.......the unity of a home for motor racing which would have been the catalyst for all representative bodies to assemble under the umbrella of the internationally affiliated governing body....
TTUMRA cannot be legitimised unless it is properly affiliated to the FIA........THAT IS WHY TTASA IS BEING TOLD TO BACK OFF :!: :!: :!:
I wonder how those other sporting N.S.O.s will react to this move by the minister of sport to remove an existing NSO and try to supplant his own project ??
he's already dropping the shaft on Warner & TTFA by unilaterally (& illegally) varying agreed conditions of use for the National Stadium for the England/T&T match........
remember...THAT'S THE IDENTICAL THING HE DID WHEN HE WAS PRESIDENT OF TTMF (Trinidad & Tobago Motorsport Federation) WHICH TRIED TO CONTROL CIRCUIT RACING......then was pivotal in forming TTUMRA which subsequently tried to remove TTASA as governing body for motor sports.....

now....Hunt is Minister of Sports....and carrying out his avowed personal AGENDA (after he was expelled from TTASA) against TTASA........
WANT TO BET THAT SUDDENLY, EVERYTHING BECOME 'NO PROBLEM' FOR THIS 'NEW' BODY :?: :?: AFTER TTASA SPEND MONTHS & CYAR EVEN GET A REPLY FROM THE WHOLE MINISTRY ??..
IN DOUBT ???....READ TODAY'S GUARDIAN SPORT PAGES...
:x

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 20th, 2008, 9:35 pm

but link

who wants ttasa??

who's been in charge for decades and nothing to show

Link wrote:WANT TO BET THAT SUDDENLY, EVERYTHING BECOME 'NO PROBLEM' FOR THIS 'NEW' BODY

isn't that what we all want? unhindered support and funding for motorsport from the gov't? How is that a bad thing?

Link?

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » May 20th, 2008, 10:39 pm

^SR :x :lol:

Jameel
Riding on 13's

Postby Jameel » May 20th, 2008, 11:11 pm

Link - clearly you are alone with your views. Why stand in the way of unity and progress? I guess that makes too much sense for you to agree.

Go ahead and bash the Minister - that is sure to make a good case for TTASA.

Ha Ha.

Grow up if that is possible.

The future is at hand and every one except you are willing to embrace it.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 21st, 2008, 12:37 am

boy
you guys sounding exactly like 'justice nolan bereaux when he delivered his judgement against motor racing by saying 'it is easier to pay off the racing club & kick them out of wallerfield, than to force etek to respect the tenure of the fraternity'.....
let's see how fast motor sports will get something 'concrete'
and who pulls the strings in the background
btw..
jack warner getting a taste of
the future
right now.........

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby wagon r » May 21st, 2008, 8:27 am

link wrote:all of you can't see that once TTASA was prevented from securing a home for motorsports , then the organisation could (and currently is) be portrayed as 'not doing anything for the development of racing ???

....you not serious..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.....boy link, go buy a pack of dixie biscuits and a ramsaran juice and keep quiet....

...you real brave to say allyuh was doing something, after 40 yrs of nothing and only because WE get put out wallers, yuh decide to then scramble and play this great defender with superman jockey shorts and bed sheet around yuh neck.....

....link, yuh never fail to amuse nah.....never fail... :lol: :lol: :lol:

MANIAC
Riding on 16's

Postby MANIAC » May 21st, 2008, 9:46 am

^ ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....

and worse yet ...

all of you can't see that once TTASA was prevented from securing a home for motorsports , then the organisation could (and currently is) be portrayed as 'not doing anything for the development of racing ???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dragaholic
Riding on 18's

Postby dragaholic » May 21st, 2008, 11:10 am

Link care to comment on the current in-fighting within TTASA for control of the NSO.

Thanks

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 21st, 2008, 2:54 pm

dragaholic wrote:Link care to comment on the current in-fighting within TTASA for control of the NSO.

Thanks

You've lost me there....but :-
The organisation has been put under the juristiction of the Trustees with the date for the Annual General Meeting having already been previously declared by the outgoing Management Committee.......FYI : 09th July, 2008.
If you are asking who the persons are who are campaigning to be elected to the various management committee positions of TTASA...I will have to say I am not presently aware of any TTASA member who qualifies for election to the Management Committee, who has publicly declared his/her candidacy for any post.
rgds

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 21st, 2008, 3:15 pm

wagon r wrote:
link wrote:all of you can't see that once TTASA was prevented from securing a home for motorsports , then the organisation could (and currently is) be portrayed as 'not doing anything for the development of racing ???

...you real brave to say allyuh was doing something, after 40 yrs of nothing and only because WE get put out wallers, yuh decide to then scramble and play this great defender with superman jockey shorts and bed sheet around yuh neck.....

....link, yuh never fail to amuse nah.....never fail... :lol: :lol: :lol:

only those who stood on the sidelines are amused by my words here......
I spent TWO YEARS going in circles from airports authority to lands/surveys to min of sport/ to lands-surveys to tidco back to lands/surveys...........and couldn't even get a committment for a lease.......NO GODDAM OFFICIAL DEPARTMENT ASSISTED THEN.....
......at least Jameer Ali got something...even if it was an election gimmick that ALL OF YOU GRATEFULLY TOOK ADVANTAGE OF...

it's all well & good to lambast someone or an organisation with the perception of not achieving something.........but put yourself there........
and..YES.....
with the minister of sport's personal agenda paving the way for what all of you (WHO ARE PROBABLY NOT EVEN MEMBERS OF ANY SPORTING ORGANISATION) so vociferously proclaim akin to the second coming.........
things will happen.........if only to show that TTASA didn't do anything in the past.........
NEVER MIND THE SUBTERFUGE & POLITICAL SABOTAGE WHICH STYMIED THE MOTOR RACING EFFORT.
NOW..
do you all want me to start talking about the deliberate lie perpertrated on motor racing when they (can-be-named govt department) said to TTASA : 'write to us and submit a schedule of events for wallerfield, and that will help you all get the lease for the racetrack..because you will be showing that you are making use of the premises'.......??
oops...sorry...I forgot that most of you back then had just got out of diapers...

rgds
Last edited by link on May 21st, 2008, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagon r
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby wagon r » May 21st, 2008, 3:31 pm

^ like yuh finish the biscuits and juice.....cause i see yuh leave it out.

...but i surely didn't tell you to move yuh finger from yuh lips......say what, have a good holiday link....will tune in again on friday for my weekend jollies....

tdavies
Trinituner Peong

Postby tdavies » May 21st, 2008, 7:55 pm

edited...........apparently i make no sense

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 21st, 2008, 8:42 pm

this is how 'your' minister of sport 'professionalises' sports :

- renege on agreements & slap exorbitant charges & conditions
- give generously to HIS karate 'people' & organise to make them the NSO over the existing ruling body
- destroy anyone who slights him eg Jack Warner & TTFF...and don't forget...TTASA.. who expelled him for slaping another member.......well TTASA dead now.....because hunt legitimising another organisation with full ministry blessing...and want TTASA to join that entity...............or give up FIA....
- which other NSO will fall on the chopping block next.........DON'T PRAY TO SLIGHT THIS MINISTER........IS PRESSURE
:shock:

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 21st, 2008, 10:07 pm

min hunt : "A LEASE AGREEMENT IS NO BIG THING.."
...but why was TTASA never able to finalise the promised lease for lands at Waterloo ??...
just like how hunt did not talk to Warner......same way he didn't talk to TTASA.......and all the while........stroking the shaft softly.....
do you all see who your dealing with now ??..........

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 21st, 2008, 10:16 pm

wagon r wrote:^ like yuh finish the biscuits and juice.....cause i see yuh leave it out.

...but i surely didn't tell you to move yuh finger from yuh lips......say what, have a good holiday link....will tune in again on friday for my weekend jollies....

like hunt instructed warner to come to a meeting ???.......
or
I wonder if hunt instructed that TTASA Trustee Chairman -Dr.Baboolal- not be included in meetings regarding motor racing ...that would explain why instructions were sent that 'DOC have to stay downstairs' cause not enough seats ??
and I wonder why 'they' want TTASA to give up FIA ??? when everyone ah dem saying 'FIA is no use '...FIA is ah waste ah $$$...
maybe rawle of autosport cud shed some light since he ah bigwig now...
isn't it plain to see the obvious political & personal agendas being played out on motor racing :?: :!: :?:
:shock:
more food...

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 21st, 2008, 11:26 pm

so link
prior to pnm coming into power over the last coipl of elections

as well as to prior to eteck being formed

what measures were taken by ttasa to secure a home for motorsports

other than to rely on borrowed time on a lease that was expiring but never thought they would have lost

dragaholic
Riding on 18's

Postby dragaholic » May 22nd, 2008, 2:13 am

Ok link, even if we humour you a lil bit, and pretend you may be a lil bit sane...
Suppose we try to respond to your defense of TTASA from different angles, say safety, discipline, achievements, ability to get everybody together, .... stopping here for now.

Last one, ability to get the differnt bodies to be affiliated to TTASA.

One stupid statement allyuh always say, is that all the disciplines came out of TTASA, nearly correct. But why did they run away and form their own groups. Thay all gradually developed and staged their own well organized, consistent events with annual championships and real EOY champions.

And we all knowTTASA "gave away" affiliation by deceiving 3 bodies to attend their awards thing in January.

Discipline - well boy we know you heading that with yuh chairman pelting behaviour at Sevilla, the incredible standards set by Frankie at Camden.

And let us not forget all of the Bunny special activities,
most recently at the start of this year, he won the Andre Baptiste BOO BOO Award from I95.5,

And here we see when a managemnt team fails to manage properly, how discipline over the years becomes non existent. Ask any of those in TTASA for a while how many times Frankie get thrown out of TTASA, allowed back in, and repeated his Frankie-standards over and over.

Achievements - Losing Waller Field, Losing all their High Court challenges. What electronic equipment does TTASA own after 40 years, and we see their Schedule for 2008 having Solodex, Karting, Drags, Circuit, Drifting and all, and borrowing everybody equipment. Quite honestly, they do own a few rolls of chain-link wire, that is if somebody a'int thief that as yet.

The even followed a real joker into trying to clean up a rice strip, in a rice field to put on a Drag event "in six weeks, back in 2007" Hear he is one of the main contenders for President now.

Look at the current mess they in right now.
Elected member after elected member gradually resign from the Committee
The man they had doubts about, re losing money after October last year, is now appointed Treasurer.
Then a petition is sent in from the full membership - a whole 17 members
So the few existing committee members decide to resign
Next day the trustees put back the resigned members to continue running the show.
Then they call a next meeting and ask for volunteers to take over.
Look at that pick-up side they end up with, no wonder Banzai say is the pall-bears for the final rites.

rgds.

Advertisement

Return to “The "NEW Race Track" Issue”