TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Government Moves to Give Motor Sports a Home

Somewhere where to run?

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 5th, 2010, 8:03 pm

I didnt get any PM from you, please feel free to send it again if it differs from what you posted here.

all4lee wrote:i told her that there are an average of 150000 motor sport fans and they all are willin to vote for her if she do get into power she dont forget us

thank you for representing motorsport!!! 8)
however you therefore suggested to her 1) that you would not be voting for her otherwise and 2)that you would vote for whoever provides a track?

all4lee wrote:she reply an said that she hear me out but only me alone...

why only you? She therefore would not want to talk with the appointed representatives from each motorsport discipline or from the NSO for motorsport? Is that what you are saying?

Damien
punchin NOS

Postby Damien » May 5th, 2010, 8:06 pm

Until I could smell rubber burning they could htmc

You waste ah global dey or they pay you lol

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 5th, 2010, 8:08 pm

^ thank you for your great contribution to motorsport

(...Rovin...) wrote:i cant see why this mamaguyism had to be made a global post since it might appear that d govt have some kinda connection here in tuner

d same said ministry shud indicate when we gettin d milk & honey too

i say dont give them a damn vote based on this "promise" ....

:?
It was made a "global" as it is not often that we get news of a public racetrack.

this is a MEDIA release that was sent to us.
When you read it in the newspaper would you think the newspaper is PNM?

we do not support one or the other - we post this here as news.

Is it that you would prefer that NOTHING be done? No talk of motorsport and it be ignored completely?

all4lee
3NE 2NR for life

Postby all4lee » May 5th, 2010, 8:15 pm

what she mean was i was d only person that spoke with her on that topic...
i didnt really said that i will vote for anyone who provides a track but what i was tellin her is that if she acknowledge the sport there are a lot of fans out there an she will be gettin a lot of support....

i have a lil racing car an i hate the fact that it dont have anywhere to run it...

FullStop
punchin NOS

Postby FullStop » May 5th, 2010, 8:16 pm

i feel they pay Duane to spread propaganda, how much u get horse?

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » May 5th, 2010, 8:16 pm

dougie wrote:if kamla could put in writing that she would get it done and show some serious interest in the sport she have my vote

tune in to her meeting on friday 8-)

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 5th, 2010, 8:18 pm

^ good stuff

all4lee wrote:what she mean was i was d only person that spoke with her on that topic...
i didnt really said that i will vote for anyone who provides a track but what i was tellin her is that if she acknowledge the sport there are a lot of fans out there an she will be gettin a lot of support....

i have a lil racing car an i hate the fact that it dont have anywhere to run it...

ah ok I did not understand that from your first post
Last edited by Duane 3NE 2NR on May 5th, 2010, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damien
punchin NOS

Postby Damien » May 5th, 2010, 8:19 pm

Ha racetrack talk election time, ent we get camden and waterloo land around election time

Report the news don't defend it

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 5th, 2010, 8:24 pm

^ exactly where did I defend it?

I am glad to report something rather than nothing on motorsport.

Terran
punchin NOS

Postby Terran » May 5th, 2010, 8:30 pm

dougie wrote:we tuners have to be dotish to fall for that is election time, is baby kissing time and weather pnm or unc nobody not on motorsports in TnT

But plenty of dem dotish fuh true. Yuh doh see what does go on on these forums orrrr?

Good tactic by the government!

- Rovin's car audio -
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby - Rovin's car audio - » May 5th, 2010, 8:34 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ thank you for your great contribution to motorsport

(...Rovin...) wrote:i cant see why this mamaguyism had to be made a global post since it might appear that d govt have some kinda connection here in tuner

It was made a "global" as it is not often that we get news of a public racetrack.

Is it that you would prefer that NOTHING be done? No talk of motorsport and it be ignored completely?

well what i saying is it cud have gone in a normal thread thats all ...

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » May 5th, 2010, 8:46 pm

here we go again... :roll:

Midnight_Demon
punchin NOS

Postby Midnight_Demon » May 5th, 2010, 9:15 pm

allyuh doh kill d messenger nah ... d man only bring d news :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

netsket
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Government Moves to Give Motor Sports a Home

Postby netsket » May 5th, 2010, 9:17 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:I just received this release from the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs.

Media Release

Government Moves to Give Motor Sports a Home

Government is continuing its efforts towards ensuring that motor sports have a home. The Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs (MSYA) recently got the go ahead from Cabinet to hire consultants to develop a master plan and conduct a feasibility study on 65 acres of land at Orange Valley, Waterloo Carapichaima for the development of a Motor Sport Facility. This is in keeping with MSYA’s Sport for All objective and the Vision 2020 Report on Youth Sport and Recreation.

The process is aimed at examining the viability of establishing a motor sport facility on the site, and thoroughly test whether the proposed project is practical in relation to the needs assessment, management options, the range of services to be offered, technical design options, risk assessment, cost and recommendations for investment.

Terms of Reference for Consultancy Services have already been developed by the Ministry. Procurement of a consultant is now on the way. This project is being managed by the Sport Company of Trinidad and Tobago.

-END-

For enquiries about the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs please contact Ms. Arlene Gorin-George at 625-8874 ext. 5018.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

convenience or coincidence?!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: yeah rightttttttttt

BTW for those who misses the point i highlighted the words......the govt an always say it is not viable or practical to have one and TALK DONE!!!

has it not been ignored for the 2+ years gone already...wuda be maybe 5 years had the elections not come early?!!

:roll:

netsket
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby netsket » May 5th, 2010, 9:23 pm

dem pulling out ALL d ole tricks in d book!!!

IMAGINE last week I get a letter from HDC about being registered for a house.....I cant even remember how long ago i replied!!!...i eh win no house and dey make sure and state that...the letter was jus to say i have a regitered case number

coincidence or convenience that i get it around elections

I cud imagine all d indian mussee "on file" too
:shock:

:roll:

V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS

Postby V2NR 3.0 » May 5th, 2010, 9:28 pm

Ha ha - i will believe when i see it

moti
punchin NOS

Postby moti » May 5th, 2010, 9:52 pm

ok, after reading all the above posts it's really clear that most tuners here will
only vote for a party if a race track is provided. ( dumb idiots :roll: )

so after saying that; lets say the present government returns to office,
would you hold your breath for work to start on this track?
and lets say work does start on said promised track; would you really wait for it to be completed. (just like the Brian Lara stadium) :roll:

now if the governing bodies (motor sports) that be can arrange a meeting with the leader of the UNC/COP and discuss this matter, that will be great (if done already that will be cool & no need to divulge yet as users on this site really don't get it anyway)

but no need to continue any thought about the race track issue with the present government as they really don't care.
i mean for instance wallerfield; we can use the track all now as work is progressing
slowly on the etek park.
and even when they are completed with it (etek) the drag strip can still be used ( trust me :wink: )

and please lets not get into it about Mr. Gary Hunt, he is just a waste as for 2 and a 1/2 years all he did for sports in general was put up an imitation flag.
i mean really; center of excellence flag was burning his eyes so? eh or
when he have children he will pass and say "yuh know i put tha flag dey and it cost 2 meeelion dollas buh i fool the whole ah trini"

so please when they come last minute with this bull crap about they will provide a "home for motor sports" it's just another 2007 PNM gimmic
:wink:

i believe we all know better here and really can't put those idiots in office again cause these are the same idiots who took away the ever so loved wallerfield track
where we could have most if not all forms of motor sports there.

drag
circuit
solodex
drift
rally - some development needed
trail - some development needed
even rc racing :lol:

but this would have been way cheaper that putting up a supposed track in waterloo

here, this is the only place to be ( the best in the caribbean )

:cry: :cry:

netsket
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby netsket » May 5th, 2010, 9:53 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:I didnt get any PM from you, please feel free to send it again if it differs from what you posted here.

all4lee wrote:i told her that there are an average of 150000 motor sport fans and they all are willin to vote for her if she do get into power she dont forget us

thank you for representing motorsport!!! 8)
however you therefore suggested to her 1) that you would not be voting for her otherwise and 2)that you would vote for whoever provides a track?

all4lee wrote:she reply an said that she hear me out but only me alone...

why only you? She therefore would not want to talk with the appointed representatives from each motorsport discipline or from the NSO for motorsport? Is that what you are saying?

or cud it be interpreted that the ppl in motorsport (head of associations)..living up their reputation not pushing motorsport and not talking to her and that this gentleman is the only one who has brought it to her attention?!!

zcarz
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby zcarz » May 5th, 2010, 9:58 pm

I refuse to believe this.. I recall something similar last election.
On another note, the property tax will be huge :!:

Garrett Inside
Trinituner Peong

Postby Garrett Inside » May 5th, 2010, 10:00 pm

what if some of the executive members of any motorsport organizations were to conduct an interview with cnc3 or tv6 about the sad state of affairs wrt motorsport today?

it would raise awareness and even if a small ripple is sent to the pm or pm to be as the case may be, we may be granted use of a temporary track such as camden at first,(easiest thing to do!) then after a while the sport in all it's disciplines would grow assumably at an exponential rate, leaving those in power no choice but to acknowledge its demanded presence.

its just an idea but it could stir things up as now may be the opportune time, we just need a start even if its only drags for now. The facility already exists.

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » May 5th, 2010, 10:10 pm

VOTE FOR THE PNM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 5th, 2010, 11:50 pm

moti wrote:i believe we all know better here and really can't put those idiots in office again cause these are the same idiots who took away the ever so loved wallerfield track

Wallerfield was lost because of bad decisions

moti wrote:where we could have most if not all forms of motor sports there.

drag
circuit
solodex
drift
rally - some development needed
trail - some development needed
even rc racing :lol:

They already used to have ALL those things at Wallerfield, including Rally and Trail Bikes / Motocross

moti wrote:but this would have been way cheaper that putting up a supposed track in waterloo

Cheaper for the Sport Ministry, but much much more expensive for the Energy and Industry Sector that invested in Tamana Park. The underlying infrastructure would have saved them money. Trinidad is the industrial hub of the Caribbean, obviously industry will take precedent over a sport.

I am very angry that we lost wallerfield - I miss that circuit track every time I drive my car :(

moti wrote:here, this is the only place to be ( the best in the caribbean )

how long ago was that photo taken Moti?
There is a gas pipeline trench that was dug across the north track recently.
That strip cannot be used for racing at this time. The South track and the Circuit track have also been destroyed and roads and pavement built over it.

Garrett Inside wrote:what if some of the executive members of any motorsport organizations were to conduct an interview with cnc3 or tv6 about the sad state of affairs wrt motorsport today?

they would say quite alot is being done.
TTASA and MATT have been in constant talks over the past year, arbitrated by the Sport Company and the Ministry over the development of motorsport and the NSO.

The Ministry of Sport contributed ~$300,000.00 towards Rally Trinidad 2010, a 2 day event. If no one noticed, the MSYA was the largest logo among the list of sponsors. The collaboration of MATT enabled the TTRC to work with the other member clubs and associations, including CARS, to be able to marshal and run back to back stages equaling an unprecedented 26km in length.

Other clubs and drivers have been getting subvention from the Ministry all the time. The TTKA has gotten a sizable subvention towards their current track. Things just need to be done properly to get this done.
The NSO and properly registered clubs and associations have specific protocol to follow before they are given anything.

I agree that there are drivers who deserve subvention yet they are not getting - but protocol is protocol I guess

Garrett Inside wrote: we may be granted use of a temporary track such as camden at first,(easiest thing to do!)

how easily we forget the drama between Briko and the issues of having racing at Camden. Motorsport cannot return to an active airfield.

Garrett Inside wrote: we just need a start even if its only drags for now.

Myopia. What about ALL the other motorsport that has been happening?

I agree that we NEED a facility and I am personally upset that since losing Wallerfield in 2006 that so much red tape has prevented a facility from becoming a reality.

of course I keep repeating these things over and over and over again because some of you get angry before you think and talk before you find out the facts. Thankfully most of you make an attempt to find out what is happening first.

NOTHING I am saying here has anything to do with politics, UNCOP, PNM, TOP, NNV etc etc.

Spectre
3NE 2NR for life
Location: Constanly using the savannah as my personal raceteack

Postby Spectre » May 6th, 2010, 1:14 am

Whatever happen to the track SPEED VISION was building?

http://www.facebook.com/JPD.Japan?v=wal ... 943?ref=ts

equipped2ripp
punchin NOS

Postby equipped2ripp » May 6th, 2010, 1:26 am

^ let's not go there :|

zcarz
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby zcarz » May 6th, 2010, 1:51 am

Spectre wrote:Whatever happen to the track SPEED VISION was building?

http://www.facebook.com/JPD.Japan?v=wal ... 943?ref=ts

It's just a VISION, you know like VISION 2020?

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » May 6th, 2010, 1:56 am

d only thing that wasnt said was Duane PNM. Guys dont kill the man. Would you kill the TTPOST man/woman/whatever?
It isn't about what could have been, should have been, etc. The issue is that The govt willing (again) to see if it is feasible.

TBH, all of this was said before and proposal's drawn and nothing was done. If you all want to get setup or base your votes on this, fix up.

If Mrs. Kamla wishes to do the same, by all means, i will be even more inclined to vote her into office.

It is very clear in the letter what was said. It wasn't said they were going to build one eh. Remember that and remember in '07.

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » May 6th, 2010, 5:34 am

Does anyone know if they toredown any buildings? Cause those structures in wallerfield was there since the war - they hold some historic value

JUS4SHO
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby JUS4SHO » May 6th, 2010, 6:15 am

IMHO and i know this will never happen any racing facility developed in trinidad should be managed by a non racer.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 6th, 2010, 6:43 am

u mean like how hunt COMPLETELY IGNORED MY CHALLENGE TO HIM (at that farce of a 'pubic consultation') TO GIVE TTASA THE LEASE AND MOTOR RACING WILL BE DEVELOPED WITHOUT GOVT FINANCES :?: :?:

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 6th, 2010, 6:44 am

boi....de man turn round & start to talk to d person next to him like if I dint say nuttin
:fist: :fist:

Advertisement

Return to “The "NEW Race Track" Issue”