Forums

[BLOG]: Anil Roberts visits Wallerfield Racetrack

Somewhere where to run?

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

sparky
3NE 2NR for life

Re: [BLOG]: Anil Roberts visits Wallerfield Racetrack

Postby sparky » June 6th, 2010, 11:07 am

Over the years TTASA and other bodies, using Wallerfield concrete track has never reinvested moneys earned into plant upgrade, their pockets were most important hence the reason the government could have kicked us out so easily. Up to a couple years ago when new blood was being injected into TTASA via Campden, the government gave approximately 240 thousand dollars, gates receipts should have amounted to more than three hundred thousand dollars because over three roles of tickets were sold plus almost every aspect of preparation for the first drag meet was sponsored. At their next general meeting they could of barely account for about one hundred and thirty thousand dollars when the account should have showed at least five hundred thousand dollars for reinvestment into track facility. At that time the same carload of members overruled the then treasurer (Mrs.Ali) and instead of following protocol (calling a security firm to deliver the money to the bank) they choose to take the money to a house, to count and carry to the bank the next day. Mrs. Ali resigned her position because of this. I Sparky was going to pay for membership at this point in time in that meeting but upon learning and seeing the misappropriation of money, on that level I decided i want no part of them. This is why i say TTASA must go and a new body that reflect the interest of all of motor sport is needed at this time, who will have the interest of the sport as number one priority and will recycle all moneys back into the sport and not in their pockets. THEN WE WILL RISE.

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rooki3 » June 6th, 2010, 11:39 am

w3rd

*street racer of the year*

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » June 6th, 2010, 9:20 pm

link wrote:
gt-foure wrote:
sparky wrote:ttasa must go. they are a car load of thief. a new body is needed that reflect all of the disciplines
in the sport. then we will rise
MOST PPL DIDNT KNOW THAT TTASA ACCEPTED A STTELMENT SUM OF $500K TO LEAVE WALLERFIELD AFTER A LONG COURT BATTLE, NOW THEY PLAYING CONCERNED ABT GETTING BACK WALLERFIELD,IN CAMDEN ROGER BOYNES GAVE TTASA $250K TO HOST THE FIRST DRAG EVENT IN ADDITION TO THE PROFIT FROM THE GATE WHICH WAS JUST BEFORE THE 2008 ELECTIONS.I COULD GO ON AND ON ABT THE MEMBERS OF TTASA BUT WE NEED TO MOVE FOWARD.I SUGGEST THAT MATT AND TTASA RESOLVE THEIR DIFFERENCES AND ORGANISE SOME KIND OF INFASTRUCTURE FOR MOVING MOTOR SPORT FOWARD IN THIS COUNTRY AND IF THEY SHOULD LET THIS OPPORTUNITY SLIP WHEN THEY ARE GETTING ASSISTANCE FROM THE GOVERNMENT THEN WE REALLY DONT DESERVE ANYTHING!!!!

What a load of bs from someone who didn't even bother to attend one court sitting........ :fist:

I POSTED JUSTICE BEREAUX'S JUDGEMENT STATING THAT , IN HIS OPINION, THE GREATER INJUSTICE WAS TO LET MOTOR RACING REMAIN IN WALLERFIELD RATHER THAN ALLOW ETECK TO BUILD THAT MONSTROSITY............

WHERE U APPEAR FROM SAYING TTASA GOT PAID OFF :?: :fist:

YOU KNOW WHAT LINK I MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN AT THE COURT HEARING BUT I WAS A MEMBER OF TTASA AND I WAS WELL AWARE WHAT WAS TAKING PLACE AT THE TIME THAT WE WERE LOSING WALLERFIELD....PLZ ANS SOME SIMPLE QUESTIONS FOR ME, WHERE HAS ALL THE MONEY FROM RACING ALL THESE YRS GONE WITHOUT AS MUCH AS A PROPER BLEACHER BUILT??? Y IS THERE NO INFASTRUCTURE FOR RACING ALL THESE YRS??? HOW COME IS ONLY CROOKS ON TTASA BOARD AND TO NAME A FEW 'MAD COW TREASURER'.. LINK SAMPATH...DOC...TAMCO...ALI etc ....ALL AH DEM THEIF,THEY THEIF AND THEY THEIF SOME MORE, DAS Y LIKE MANNING THEY MUST ALL GO!!!

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 6th, 2010, 11:21 pm

gt-foure wrote:
link wrote:
gt-foure wrote:
sparky wrote:ttasa must go. they are a car load of thief. a new body is needed that reflect all of the disciplines
in the sport. then we will rise
MOST PPL DIDNT KNOW THAT TTASA ACCEPTED A STTELMENT SUM OF $500K TO LEAVE WALLERFIELD AFTER A LONG COURT BATTLE, NOW THEY PLAYING CONCERNED ABT GETTING BACK WALLERFIELD,IN CAMDEN ROGER BOYNES GAVE TTASA $250K TO HOST THE FIRST DRAG EVENT IN ADDITION TO THE PROFIT FROM THE GATE WHICH WAS JUST BEFORE THE 2008 ELECTIONS.I COULD GO ON AND ON ABT THE MEMBERS OF TTASA BUT WE NEED TO MOVE FOWARD.I SUGGEST THAT MATT AND TTASA RESOLVE THEIR DIFFERENCES AND ORGANISE SOME KIND OF INFASTRUCTURE FOR MOVING MOTOR SPORT FOWARD IN THIS COUNTRY AND IF THEY SHOULD LET THIS OPPORTUNITY SLIP WHEN THEY ARE GETTING ASSISTANCE FROM THE GOVERNMENT THEN WE REALLY DONT DESERVE ANYTHING!!!!

What a load of bs from someone who didn't even bother to attend one court sitting........ :fist:

I POSTED JUSTICE BEREAUX'S JUDGEMENT STATING THAT , IN HIS OPINION, THE GREATER INJUSTICE WAS TO LET MOTOR RACING REMAIN IN WALLERFIELD RATHER THAN ALLOW ETECK TO BUILD THAT MONSTROSITY............

WHERE U APPEAR FROM SAYING TTASA GOT PAID OFF :?: :fist:

YOU KNOW WHAT LINK I MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN AT THE COURT HEARING BUT I WAS A MEMBER OF TTASA AND I WAS WELL AWARE WHAT WAS TAKING PLACE AT THE TIME THAT WE WERE LOSING WALLERFIELD....PLZ ANS SOME SIMPLE QUESTIONS FOR ME, WHERE HAS ALL THE MONEY FROM RACING ALL THESE YRS GONE WITHOUT AS MUCH AS A PROPER BLEACHER BUILT??? Y IS THERE NO INFASTRUCTURE FOR RACING ALL THESE YRS??? HOW COME IS ONLY CROOKS ON TTASA BOARD AND TO NAME A FEW 'MAD COW TREASURER'.. LINK SAMPATH...DOC...TAMCO...ALI etc ....ALL AH DEM THEIF,THEY THEIF AND THEY THEIF SOME MORE, DAS Y LIKE MANNING THEY MUST ALL GO!!!

if yr a TTASA member, come to the next regular monthly meeting (09jun10) & repeat what u posted here
rgds
Link Sampath

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 6th, 2010, 11:47 pm

gt-foure
the new ttasa management will need your help to address the issue of
CROOKS ON TTASA BOARD

Thank you in advance for helping motor racing to rise
:wink: :!:

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » June 7th, 2010, 8:24 am

link wrote:gt-foure
CROOKS ON TTASA BOARD

LINK I DOH SEE Y YOU EATING UP YOURSELF AND GETTING VEX WITH ME BECAUSE I'M JUST A FRUSTRATED RACER AND ALL I WANT IS TO SEE MOTOR SPORT MOVING FOWARD IN TRINIDAD,WE CANT TURN BACK TIME, POINTING FINGERS AND PLAYING THE BLAME GAME IS JUST WASTING TIME,'CLEARLY THE CURRENT MOTOR SPORT BODIES HAVE ALL FAILED TO PUT DOWN A FOUNDATION TO MOVE RACING FOWARD.....SO I SUGGEST WE CHANGE THEM INJECT SOME NEW BLOOD IN THE SPORT AND TRY TO FIND SOME COMMON GROUNDS TO COME TOGETHER FOR THE BENIFIT OF RACING!!!!

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » June 7th, 2010, 9:01 am

lol.....

sparky
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sparky » June 7th, 2010, 9:22 am

like Mr panday, if you guys, see a new cookie jar and think you will put your hands in it, please think again.if you guys do not choose to be elder statesman in the issue at hand,you will be pushed aside.
it will not be like long time.drivers and owners now have body,the question of compensation for services rendered will be an issue. all respect to Mr Panday.even if your body succeeds we are greater in numbers, we will join TTASA and vote every one of you out.then we will rise.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 7th, 2010, 10:52 am

gt-foure wrote:
link wrote:gt-foure
CROOKS ON TTASA BOARD

LINK I DOH SEE Y YOU EATING UP YOURSELF AND GETTING VEX WITH ME BECAUSE I'M JUST A FRUSTRATED RACER AND ALL I WANT IS TO SEE MOTOR SPORT MOVING FOWARD IN TRINIDAD,WE CANT TURN BACK TIME, POINTING FINGERS AND PLAYING THE BLAME GAME IS JUST WASTING TIME,'CLEARLY THE CURRENT MOTOR SPORT BODIES HAVE ALL FAILED TO PUT DOWN A FOUNDATION TO MOVE RACING FOWARD.....SO I SUGGEST WE CHANGE THEM INJECT SOME NEW BLOOD IN THE SPORT AND TRY TO FIND SOME COMMON GROUNDS TO COME TOGETHER FOR THE BENIFIT OF RACING!!!!

I understand your frustrations.......I am subject to those same stonewalls....even more so because I am staring at a series of so-called administrative people who have only their private agendas to further, to the now glaring obvious detriment of "the development & unliftment of motor racing" in T&T.
However, if we don't 'point fingers' at perpetrators, investigate 'who did the crime' so that can 'do the time', we will still have the same termites eating away at the established organisational structure, thus rendering it useless to motor racing.
We are blessedly fortunate right now to have an unbiased Minister of Sport who simply wants all the sheit that has been perpetrated on motor racing over the years to end (yes, he has been thoroughly briefed on how motor racing reached this state).

So, exactly as you said above, "inject new blood", jealously implement the proven systems and, above all, MAKE SURE TERMINIX IS RETAINED :P :wink: :lol:

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » June 7th, 2010, 3:11 pm

link.....guess what?

sparky
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sparky » June 7th, 2010, 8:26 pm

To all drag racers and street drag racers,we have a drivers body, with which you can register to race. that body will bargain with promoters about compensation for our services.gone are the days where we will race for free. racers must come together for betterment of the sport

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 7th, 2010, 8:45 pm

sparky wrote:To all drag racers and street drag racers,we have a drivers body, with which you can register to race. that body will bargain with promoters about compensation for our services.gone are the days where we will race for free. racers must come together for betterment of the sport

:?
I thought race teams get sponsored & race for 'big money' prizes (that 'promoters' put on the line) :?:
if an outfit underwrites your race team, effectively, YOU WORK FOR THEM :!: :!:
this smells like a sip of coffee, dosen't it ??
rgds

ralliartvr47
Street 2NR

Postby ralliartvr47 » June 7th, 2010, 9:28 pm

cant wait to go wallerfield after so long.

Garrett Inside
Trinituner Peong

Postby Garrett Inside » June 7th, 2010, 9:44 pm

*waiting patiently*
i suspect real men regret selling their projects now.....not to worry, you're
welcome to watch.

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » June 7th, 2010, 9:48 pm

sparky wrote:To all drag racers and street drag racers,we have a drivers body, with which you can register to race. that body will bargain with promoters about compensation for our services.gone are the days where we will race for free. racers must come together for betterment of the sport

YES TUNERS THERE IS A 'RACERS ASSOCATION' THAT HAS BEEN CREATED A WHILE NOW AND THEY HAVE NO AFFILATION TO ANY RACE BODY, THEIR SOLE PURPOSE IS TO ENSURE THAT WE RACERS ARE TREATED FAIRLY AT ANY MOTOR SPORT EVENT...MEANING THAT BEFORE ANY EVENT A MEETING WILL BE HELD BETWEEN THE PROMOTERS AND THE ASSOCATION AND THEY WILL PUT FOWARD OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE RACE DAY,IF IT IS NOT MET THEN WE AS A BODY WILL NOT RACE BECAUSE WE ARE THE [b]PERFORMERS AND ITS OUR HARD EARNED $$$$$ AND LABOUR THAT IS JUMPING UP AND WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY TO RACE OUR CARS WHEN IT IS US THAT THE PPL ARE PAYING TO SEE[/b].I CAN GO ON AND ON ABT THE BENIFITS OF THE RACERS ASSOCATION BUT I BELIVE THERE IS A POST RELATED TO THIS SUBJECT SO YOU'ALL COULD PROBABLY DO SOME READING.

tripplediamond
3NE 2NR for life

Postby tripplediamond » June 7th, 2010, 10:17 pm

Hail mary full of grace, please let Anil give us a place to race!

altec
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby altec » June 7th, 2010, 10:49 pm

i could be wrong but if someone is being paid to race it should not be the promoters of the event doing the paying. That could encourage race fixing. What racers should go after is better financial rewards for winning or placing. Put yourself in a promoter's shoe, would you pay fees that are negotiated before every meet? I am not a racer or promoter but i like what happening now. What i think you are saying is that you like drag racing so you "fixed up" your car to race but you want someone to pay you for making your car fast. If this is the case then the sport will die. Go after getting paid for making your car faster than everybody else.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 8th, 2010, 5:38 am

altec wrote:i could be wrong but if someone is being paid to race it should not be the promoters of the event doing the paying. That could encourage race fixing. What racers should go after is better financial rewards for winning or placing. Put yourself in a promoter's shoe, would you pay fees that are negotiated before every meet? I am not a racer or promoter but i like what happening now. What i think you are saying is that you like drag racing so you "fixed up" your car to race but you want someone to pay you for making your car fast. If this is the case then the sport will die. Go after getting paid for making your car faster than everybody else.

THAT'S WHERE YOUR SPONSOR COMES IN :!:
you are, in fact, pre-paid for making your car race-ready & in turn, your sponsor expects appropriate returns on his investment :idea:
YOU (the competitor) can expect a WINNERS' PURSE - if you are that competitive cut-above-the-rest.
This (in addition to gearboxes) makes the business of motor racing go around.

You are quite right in stating it's the promoter's responsibility to PROMOTE whatever event it is, he earns his salary AFTER he pays others' salaries, appearance fees, rentals, sanctions, etc, etc (this is his budget that he calculates BEFORE each event).
It's high time motor racing's bounty extends from spectators to competitors to sponsors to promotors to motor sport development.
Sadly, right now, it's like 'Patches' :arrow: ....there's a hole in daddy's 'arm' where all the money goes.... :lol:

:!: :idea:

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » June 8th, 2010, 7:40 am

is there a constitution for the racing association of racers?

do you all have a group of safety professionals who are qualified to inspect track and ensure logistics are well set up at events for benefit of competitors?

what's the stance of this body on illegal racing?

sparky
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sparky » June 8th, 2010, 10:07 am

I sparky cannot speak for the drivers association on the issue of illegal drag racing.I am certain their policy would be against illegal drag racing.I amongst other racers who are forced to express our love for the sport in an illegal way because of the non existence a venue would refrain if one is made available.Might i add we have helped to keep the sport alive and on front burner.when opportunity arose we made trips to other countries to fly the TandT flag where drag racing is concern.This was done with funding from our pockets.what i can say is this, if a race were to be called tonight, I can guarantee their would be at least fifteen to twenty thousand people to witness a single race. Their is lots of interest and participation in the sport of drag racing in Trinidad. Though their are many street racers a significant percentage have upgraded their cars beyond street racing. So on the contrary we have managed to keep a stock of cars ready for racing in a moments notice. May I use this opportunity to define drag race, drag race is like a hundred meter dash, where cars start from a stop, to a quarter of a mile and ends. Many people who dont know what is drag racing usually blame us for many unrelated accidents that happen on the nation road. High Speed road racing is not Drag Racing and we drag racers do not indulge in that activity. Our cars are usually built for short outburst of power and speed within the confines of a quarter mile and nothing more. We seldom have accidents in our activities whether illegal or legal.

christophersimpson
Ricer

Postby christophersimpson » June 8th, 2010, 6:14 pm

is there ne talk about when the first event will be held?

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » June 8th, 2010, 7:39 pm

I am pleasantly surprised by the number of people I work with that know I am into drag racing... either coming up to me and talking about how the track is coming back or bringing it up in conversation, etc... Mostly people not directly interested in drag racing are commenting on the track coming back.

I hope whatever happens, this doesn't get screwed up. Apparently everyone is watching everything that is promised.... ha

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Postby FugiTECH » June 8th, 2010, 8:07 pm

well said sparky , your knowledge of drag racing in tnt is great, if you make the correct moves one day you will be playing a very important part in this feild.

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » June 8th, 2010, 10:41 pm

TOUCHING ON THE TOPIC OF WHATS THE RACERS ASSOCATION POSITION ON ILLEGAL RACING,WELL WE DO HAVE A RULE BOOK AND IT CLEARLY STATES THAT ANY ILLEGAL RACING WILL GET YOU BANNED FROM COMPETING IN OFFICIAL RACING BUT YOU WILL GET A WARNING FIRST.THERE'S A COPY OF THE RACERS ASSOCIATION RULE BOOK AND GENERAL PURPOSE SOMWHERE ON THE FORUM ITS WORTH LOOKING UP AND DOING SOME READING!!!

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » June 8th, 2010, 10:58 pm

THIS WHAT A FOUND SO FAR ON THE RACERS ASSOCIATION

Concerned Drag Racers of Trinidad and Tobago

As a lot of you motorsport fans may not know, in order for motorsport/especially drag racing to move forward there needs to be proper management and accountability in the sport. In an effort to bring about harmony and a greater degree of professionalism, the Government of Trinidad and Tobago mandated that ALL motorsport bodies come together under one umbrella body. Therefore each Association or body may then present their non clashing collaborated racing schedule/agendas through the NSO and then to the Ministry of Sport for their fixed date approvals and budget recommendations. Such a body does exist, and is being recognized by the Ministry of Sport, comprising of six forms of automotive disciplines, they are -:

• TTKA – T&T Karting Association – Karting
• TTRC – Trinidad & Tobago Rally Club – Rally
• TTMF – Trinidad & Tobago Motorsport Federation
• TORMATT – The Off Road Motocross Association Trinidad & Tobago
• CARS – Creative Auto Recreational Sports (Solodex)
• ARA – Auto sport Racing Association – Drag Racing

The Ministry is desirous that each body have an equal representation & have an equal say in how motorsport on the whole moves forward and in a manner that will be beneficial to all involved in the sport.

However with the exception of drag racing the other bodies have an avenue to participate and develop their form of discipline, a few have even received monitory grants to promote events.

Why is this possible? Because they have banded together and became organized with a formal structure and membership, displaying transparency and accountability, enabling the said organization to receive a more serious and negotiable ear from the Government. The Minister of Sport (Mr. Gary Hunt) has clearly noted that before a body/association can be recognized for any form of assistance, this necessary structure must be implemented.

What to do? We the concerned drag racers being advised to take an initiative from the Ministerial agency on how to propose a much needed temporary facility must unite, form an association with a high membership, propose a few suitable venues subjected for review via a body/ association along with a formal letter head.

Today there is a burning desire for the voice of Drag Racers to be heard, especially after we have been used and abused by controllers, who, often without a conscience seek after their own interest. It’s about time that we have a collective voice that represents the Drag Racing fraternity. If this togetherness can be properly harnessed, only then will we have the best chance to lobby for a permanent racing facility in T&T.

Time however is of the essence, the fact is, if you attended the Sport Minister’s open forum on February 7th 2009, the Ministry is now looking at this whole matter of an NSO. Where do we stand when this happens? Quite frankly NO WHERE! Because we have no joint voice.

We the concerned Drag Racers; understand that you would have concerns and reservations about an association of this nature that has been tried time and time again but failed to manifest. We hope you see the need as we do. To be part of an association in multiplying our voice and support to go along with our venue proposal (for ) which the government has been waiting for.

We the concerned Drag Racers; Hope that you will join with us in supporting the already established and Government recognized representing Association, who awaits our support and is standing by to address your questions, concerns and suggestions to progress forward and mobilize towards a racing facility in Trinidad not (only) just for an even but for a home. Of course the question would be WHY THEM (ARA).

Well, we see no reason to re-invent the wheel in this case; such an association already exists and is in a well established position to take us off the streets and make us use our slicks again, but this time without hypocrisy, in the past, too much room has been left for error and we have suffered under the invisible rule of resistance to change and the selfish wants of exploiters to the mentioned rule. Whether you know it or not the fact is Drag Racing has two accepted representatives in this new proposed body. Why not take advantage of this opportunity?
How do we take advantage of the current situation with a win-win situation for all parties?

CARVtech
Street 2NR

Postby CARVtech » June 9th, 2010, 3:41 am

Here we go AGAIN :!:

So not to just be negative; some suggestions:

Vote out ALL of them, EVERY LAST One
Replace with commercially minded NON competitors
Establish a RACERS representation group nominated by the RACERS to liaise with MANAGEMENT.
Establish a no-compromise SAFETY Standard
SAFETY includes driver competence and certification to some standard
Prepare and publish a proper rule book
Separate PROMOTION from MANAGEMENT
Ensure the RACER pays appropriately for the use of facilities

southside crew
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby southside crew » June 9th, 2010, 8:33 am

^^ AGREED!!!!!!! coming from a fellow drag racer...

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » June 9th, 2010, 1:39 pm

walks in thread

do an audit of TTASA accounts over the last 20 years.............yes 20 years and see what you find

hell the last 5 years alone will show mismanagment of funds but you need to go back 20 years to see the true pattern

countless calls by the then treasurer Mrs Ali regarding inappropriate conduct of managment of funds went un heeded by TTASA managment as it was deemed that she was just stirring up trouble

ask link
he knows
yet this is the same body with mostly the same individuals who still wants control of motosport in this country
most of the official have been in charge since the late 70's early 80's

as for comments from sparky and other regarding the request that they should be paid to come and race

ROFLMAO

stay home then
as this is the typical trini response who wants everything for free
and this is part of the reason why the sport will slowly die
you claim people pay to come see you and why should u have to pay to race

why dont you hold your own event then
get your own facility
boasting about thousands come on the street to watch you race is bull
its still illegal
and again
its because you want it for free even when there was a track there are many who raced on the street regularly
what was thier excuse then??

CARVtech
Street 2NR

Postby CARVtech » June 9th, 2010, 2:45 pm

SR there is no use in upsetting yourself, a common ground to satisfy everyone is impossible.
Arguing in the hope that people suddenly become rational will never work.

Concentrate on a clean slate, get a Management Group that has the best interests of the whole of motorsport as the primary objective.
Now is not the time to listen to who actually race, want to race for free, or willing to pay to race.
Now is the time to do what is best for the long term future of the sport.

Trying to host a closed course event in Camden, and actually getting people to enter the event, hurting spectators and having no control is what happens when you let a Racer decide if something is stupid or not....................9 out of 10 he will race, because that is in his blood with little or no rational thought.
All the FIA talk and mandatory requirement to be sanctioned by the Governing Body for an event is an International embarrassment and shameful double standard. Better than 1/2 the race cars in Trinidad will fail any real level of safety inspection or build criteria. Any one from the FIA witnessing what happens here will be appalled. Live up to the standards or stay home.

Are we trying to create a Management Team and re-create a Governing Body that has the time to cater for someone who could pay +3000.00 for a set of slicks but not be willing to pay 1000.00 per event. To use a proper facility that is well managed and has the facility to provide good medical assistance in the event of an emergency; that has a set of rules that protects them from their own stupidity........................I do not think so.

Sounds like a place to race again is just around the corner, the mistake to be made now is to take part in the 1st event without formation of a GOOD Management Team that is responsible for ALL of the Motor Sport disciplines. All we will do then is restart the failure cycle.

sparky
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sparky » June 9th, 2010, 5:54 pm

Mr sr what is wrong with racers getting a piece of the pie.In the past promoters and racing bodies have capitalize on racers.At least 80,000 for a low cost race car.to race that car in a race meet would cost approx. 5000.00 in Tyre fuels oils etc.On top of that pay a promoter 500.00 to race. the promoters and racing bodies makes all the money and the racers who are the actors jn the show go home with zero.the quote above do not include labor for those who have to pay for it.Racing is a passion for us and we do it for free but in the future a solution must be arrived at.also in the recent past some of our racing brothers got injured while racing on a legal track, they received no help with their injuries.their are many other issues related racers and legal drag racing.Their are some of us track or no track wont stop us from racing.

Advertisement

Return to “The "NEW Race Track" Issue”