Forums

[BLOG]: Anil Roberts visits Wallerfield Racetrack

Somewhere where to run?

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: [BLOG]: Anil Roberts visits Wallerfield Racetrack

Postby Mr Gear » June 9th, 2010, 6:24 pm

Expecting a promoter to pay you to show up to race is a stupid position to hold. This does not happen anywhere on the planet, not even Formula 1. Each Driver and race team is paid by their sponsor. If you don't have a sponsor you foot the bill yourself.

The Promoter is only responsible for the Winners´prizes. Full Stop ! Ah mean Exclamation !!

If you are foolish enough to believe that you are the entertainment and you should be paid to show up then I guess we won´t get to see you and you won´t be missed.

The proper thing to do is prep your car, win a few races or have top finishes and build a proven track record then approach a sponsor or two to fund your racing in exchange for promoting their product or service and this goes way beyond just having their stickers on your car. When your sponsor helps you to buy better equipment and you win more races you earn more prize money.

If you are foolish enough to put stickers on your car of companies and products that do not sponsor your car just because you think the stickers look cool then you may be turning potential sponsors away because they will assume that you already have sponsorship for their competitor when in fact you don´t got sheit.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » June 9th, 2010, 6:30 pm

The proper thing to do is prep your car, win a few races or have top finishes and build a proven track record then approach a sponsor or two to fund your racing in exchange for promoting their product or service and this goes way beyond just having their stickers on your car. When your sponsor helps you to buy better equipment and you win more races you earn more prize money.

I was right !!!!!!!!!!
THERE ARE SENSIBLE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD AFTER ALL :D :D

Shio
Sweet on this forum

Postby Shio » June 9th, 2010, 9:48 pm

i agree promoters should not have to pay drivers
but paying $250- $300 to race :|

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » June 9th, 2010, 11:22 pm

link wrote:

I was right !!!!!!!!!!
THERE ARE SENSIBLE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD AFTER ALL :D :D

FIRSTLY THIS WOULD WORK GOOD IN OTHER CONTRIES BUT NOT T&T, FOR INSTANCE IN THE US WHEN YOU WINN RACES AND YOU HAVE STICKERS ON YOUR CAR THAT ENDORSES A CERTAIN PRODUCT OR BRAND[eg-JEGS,ACT,CLUTCH MASTERS,AMSOIL,QUAKER STATE..etc] YOU GET A GRATUITY BONUS IN ADDITION TO YOU PRIZE.THE REASON I SAID THIS WOULD'NT WORK IN T&T IS OBVIOUS, COMPANIES HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY RACERS IN THE PAST AND NOT TO MENTION OUR SPORT ISNT EVEN BROAD CASTED ON THE RADIO OR TELEVISED SO THERE IS LITTLE ROOM FOR ADVERTISING.SECONDLY IF THE PROMOTERS ARE CHARGING A ENTRANCE FEE TO RACERS THEN AT LEAST MAKE THE PRIZE MONEY WORTH OUR EFFORT,I MEAN WE SPEND ALL THIS MONEY TO RACE FOR WHAT A TROPHY AND A HAMPER AND IN SOME INSTANCES A MEASLY MONEY PRIZE THAT PROBABLY COULDNT COVER THE COST OF THE RACE DAY.THIS IS WHY I KEEP SAYING 'THE RACERS ASSOCIATION IS THE BEST GROUP TO ENSURE PROPER TREATMENT OF OUR RACERS'

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mr Gear » June 10th, 2010, 12:28 am

I have raced for several years and I will tell you that even when I win, I have never been able to cover the cost of either racing fuel or tyres. In fact, I have never been able to use the prize money to pay for a single element of what goes into the race day. Fact is, I am not a professional race car driver so I do not expect that the prize money will support my addiction (racing).

I agree that the prize money should be more but expect to either pay more fees for entrance or expect that the spectators will have to pay more for admission. Face it, the money has to come from somewhere.

We have to realize and understand where we are in the life cycle of Motorsports in Trinidad & Tobago. We are still in the embryonic stages believe it or not after 45 years.

The racing community comprising of racers, promoters and spectators have to reenergize the sport, grow the community and when we get to the tipping point of critical mass is when more business people will pay attention to sponsorship opportunities. Then championship racing series can be embarked on and at that stage in the life cycle racers will find it easier to obtain financing from sponsors and the media will already be paying attention and broadcasting the events or highlights of the events so sponsors can obtain additional exposure and benefits and become even more interested in investing even more money.

but step back and look at where we are right now. We have to grow the competitor base with quality cars, competitors and teams and most importantly grow the spectator base to larger numbers and we will get to where you want to be but it won´t happen overnight.

With respect to what the foreign sponsors do when a team wins a race, what stops you from negotiating that into your sponsorship contract right here in T&T. But you have to have a formal contract of course. Don't expect that just because you put a sticker on your car without any formal relationship between you and the product manufacturer/distributor that they will automatically rush to your bank account to pay you money if you win an event and happen to be sporting their sticker. That does not even happen in the US.

I have had sponsorship contracts whereby the sponsor does not pay me a cent to put their logo on my car however if a particular part goes bad before during or just after a race event, the agreement is that the sponsor would cover the cost of replacing that part including the labour and courier charges if necessary. Its called a contingency sponsorship. Most sponsors love this because no money comes out of their pocket up front and they gamble that the particular part they agree to pay for may never ever go bad during the course of the contract period and if it does break, they have a pre determined expenditure budget set aside to cover it and the contract can be structured to limit the number of occasions during a contract period that the part will be replaced at the sponsor´s expense.

Racers need to get creative and not expect hand outs.

Racers ought to be concerned right now with their own safety and the safety of the track and the spectators. Get out there, race, put on a fantastic show that keep race fans coming back and bringing more people. Eventually the sport will get to where it needs to be in terms of prize money and sponsorship opportunities. Right now we are far from where the sport needs to be and we have to all pay our dues, Racers included !

dragmaster
Street 2NR

Postby dragmaster » June 10th, 2010, 9:24 am

Mr Gear wrote:Racers ought to be concerned right now with their own safety and the safety of the track and the spectators. Get out there, race, put on a fantastic show that keep race fans coming back and bringing more people. Eventually the sport will get to where it needs to be in terms of prize money and sponsorship opportunities. Right now we are far from where the sport needs to be and we have to all pay our dues, Racers included !

I am in whole hearted agreement. I believe that it all starts with a passion, ergo to call yourself a professional racer in TnT is a ludicrous proposition, and to expect to be paid for racing your vehicle is pretty far-fetched.

The issue of government handouts versus private ownership, I have seen the government build and maintain sporting facilities, namely the indoor sporting facilities, whereby a charge is associated for potential users of the facility and are confined to the rules of the 'rental' contract.

Essentially, I don't see why the government cannot provide the sporting facility for racers and the various racing bodies and associations apply for, and be given a roster for track use along with a nominal fee for said usage. That fee is then used for maintenance and grounds/security personnel paid by the state.

This arrangement has been going on for years, Hasely Crawford Stadium, Jean Pierre Complex, St. Paul Street Indoor, Eastern Regional Facility, just to name a few.

My $0.02 - (as quoted by Sanctifier)

armagedon
Riding on 13's

Postby armagedon » June 10th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Correction, Mrs. Ali was the then secretary, NOT the treasurer.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » June 11th, 2010, 10:16 am

I hope everyone reads what Mr.Gear says bcuz its the most sense in this entire thread.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » June 11th, 2010, 2:32 pm

sparky wrote:Mr sr what is wrong with racers getting a piece of the pie.In the past promoters and racing bodies have capitalize on racers.At least 80,000 for a low cost race car.to race that car in a race meet would cost approx. 5000.00 in Tyre fuels oils etc.On top of that pay a promoter 500.00 to race. the promoters and racing bodies makes all the money and the racers who are the actors jn the show go home with zero.the quote above do not include labor for those who have to pay for it.Racing is a passion for us and we do it for free but in the future a solution must be arrived at.also in the recent past some of our racing brothers got injured while racing on a legal track, they received no help with their injuries.their are many other issues related racers and legal drag racing.Their are some of us track or no track wont stop us from racing.

this is not the approach you need to take if you truly love doing somthing

if its about the money then maybe you should invest elswhere to see a better return on your ivestment

if the price is too high then maybe it wasnt meant for you
motosport racing is an expensive sport
and people need to understand that
you HAVE to make your own investments and show you worht before anyone will show interest in you for sponosorship
where do you expect promoters etc to collect funding to pay out to competitors for winning??

wouldnt that be from sponsorship entry fees and gate fees from spectators??

if spectators dont want to pay and drivers dont want to pay why should the promoter now pay ??

instead you can still spend your money on your car
race on the street for free and do you collect anything else than maybe some glory on the st and a bad name with police officials and othe racing bodies

at then end did you get anyone to pay you to race on the street

so your point is moot

take it from someone who has raced officially at wallerfield
i never looked for anything else but that damn first place trophy and pts standing in competition

the choice was mines to invest to become better
i didnt care if it had 100 or 1000 people watching

this is what racers and potential racers should be looking at
not what they can get back cash wise
if thats what you are looking for well then maybe you need to race in another country where offers that type of response

its a cycle
but the racers themsleves need to build it for themsleves
the promoters can offer an avenue with control
once there is a smooth flow only then will there be increased numbers at the gate to spectate and when there are large turnouts of spectators then corporate companies will now want to re inject money into the sport as they will now get a return on thier investment and once that happens then the racer will start to see some financial returns

stop looking at the proverbial piece of the pie of the promoter
you probably dont even have a clue as to what was the cost of the ingredients to make that pie in the first place

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » June 11th, 2010, 3:54 pm

Exactly, people need to understand that. There is hardly or if anyone, investing money into the sport. But i believe there are some sponsors to the people holding events but thats not for their pockets, thats for factors to have things put in place during the event. Tent rentals, police, ambulance and other services are not free.

Here in trini, its what you like. Alot of people like racing but end up getting it in their head that they should be paid or some nonsense so.

Its simple, if you want to race, you spend your money, and race. That simple. Spend lots of money on something you like, and go for it. If its money you are looking to make, research, then invest on what you feel can return money for you. Some performance dealers here invested in their vehicles and get alot of customers, they see it as a hobby with a hint of advertising in it.

sparky
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sparky » June 11th, 2010, 6:32 pm

that is same reason we do not have a facility.if we get etec park to race it would be temporary. government will go ahead with their development plan for that park.we cannot have people putting money from drag racing in their pocket,ALL MONEY MUST BE SAVED TO BUILD A FACILITY.the last time we got an opportunity was camp den for a year. we should of had at lease five million to build a facility,but your formula of promoters and bodies makes the money out of drag racers heads.their is not a single cent for building a facility.presently drag racing is the only motor sport capable of making money.EVERY CENT MUST BE HELD TOWARDS A FACILITY.when we have a facility then your pattern may work.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » June 11th, 2010, 7:11 pm

I dont think THIS government will make this temporary as this was the original start of racing in trini years ago.

Camden is another story by itself.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 12th, 2010, 1:56 am

^ is there any professional racing championship anywhere in the world were racers get paid to attend and race or get "piece of the pie" from the promoters?

did Sheldon Bissessar or Ryan Garcia get paid from the IHRA or the IDRC?

of course nothing stopping you from being the promoter and racer and putting on your own "show".

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » June 12th, 2010, 2:53 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:^ is there any professional racing championship anywhere in the world were racers get paid to attend and race or get "piece of the pie" from the promoters?

did Sheldon Bissessar or Ryan Garcia get paid from the IHRA or the IDRC?

tek yuh 1wd and hush.
them know best.
that was sarcasm by the way. (for those slower in thinking that off the line)

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » June 12th, 2010, 10:44 am

LOL

I just asking

sparky
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sparky » June 12th, 2010, 1:51 pm

the kind of development going on their, it will be temporary,besides i dont think circuit track included only drag track.

christophersimpson
Ricer

Postby christophersimpson » June 12th, 2010, 3:54 pm

last night i was on the avenue when a set of cars pull up and start to do burnouts and drifts and launching there cars i was really enjoying it haven't seen those things since the days of cross and reform but any way who else could be standing up on the corner watching to, our minister of sport Anil Roberts apparently he was coming out a side street when he saw the action and stopped to watch so i really hoped that it showed him how badly a racetrack is needed in Trinidad and Tobago

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » June 12th, 2010, 7:26 pm

lol, now that is madness

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rooki3 » June 12th, 2010, 8:21 pm

WTF!!!!

Goolie
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Goolie » June 13th, 2010, 10:14 am

christophersimpson wrote:last night i was on the avenue when a set of cars pull up and start to do burnouts and drifts and launching there cars i was really enjoying it haven't seen those things since the days of cross and reform but any way who else could be standing up on the corner watching to, our minister of sport Anil Roberts apparently he was coming out a side street when he saw the action and stopped to watch so i really hoped that it showed him how badly a racetrack is needed in Trinidad and Tobago

LOL

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » June 13th, 2010, 4:55 pm

christophersimpson wrote:last night i was on the avenue when a set of cars pull up and start to do burnouts and drifts and launching there cars i was really enjoying it haven't seen those things since the days of cross and reform but any way who else could be standing up on the corner watching to, our minister of sport Anil Roberts apparently he was coming out a side street when he saw the action and stopped to watch so i really hoped that it showed him how badly a racetrack is needed in Trinidad and Tobago

well mr.anil roberts better known as 'spalk' is one of the coolest sports ministers this country will ever see and just now we will be back home in wallerfield...so again thank u again mr roberts for helping out the racers of t&t :D

FugiTECH
punchin NOS

Re: Rulangsihu

Postby FugiTECH » November 17th, 2011, 7:55 pm

yejrsnnw wrote:Guangdong Province of the Society 14th Annual Conference He suggested that today's marriage might ,moncler

the so-called multiple sex partners, is a person of the opposite sex with more than one sexual relationship occurred, but except for a divorce. In 2000, the incidence rate is 1 / 8; to 2006, the rate has reached 1 / 4, and by 2010,louboutin, the incidence is as high as 1 / 3. The late 80s of last century, China's

from 6% to 1 / 3,abercrombie and fitch, 20 years, rising sharply in the However, Professor Pan is that the compared to a lower level still in line. The implication seems to be telling people that our country sooner or later with the international standards, the proportion of multiple sexual partners also increased the space!

since 2005, by repealing in favor of the attitude. Five more students into lovers cuddle and kiss before, nearly 26% of people had sex with lovers caressing,abercrombie and fitch, nearly 14% had sexual intercourse with lovers. Even more puzzling is that there are 6.75% of the students choose one every five days, 10.33% of the students selected every 11 days or more once; 43.26% of the students believe that homosexual sex is a human right; four percent over the Students think that gay marriage is their sexual rights, more and more students into the idea of ​​a pass legislation to achieve gay marriage.

resulting direct consequence of the incomplete statistics,abercrombie france, according to a set of online data: China approximately 1300 million per year to accept abortion, abortion accounted for 54% of unmarried , college students accounted for more than half of them. Caused by the resulting social, psychological, health problems, has become a major social current hot topic in China.

we all know, the Chinese people since ancient times,christian louboutin, a simple morality,abercrombie, has always been reticent about sexual matters, even when there's some However, with the door opened the country in recent years,abercrombie, the liberation of the people of the West with unprecedented speed thrown off the fig leaf of a sudden become one of the most open country. Many parts of the .

Ji had confirmed that the stool in the Tsinghua University campus to see ... ... do a lot of safe sex with many foreign teachers are to avoid any of the. Qingdao citizens Song Yang said,moncler, beds,ralph lauren, and made their quarters, it is very painful, because there will be movement at the Well! time, be utterly shameless, Rulangsihu, uneasiness in the room, preference outside, compared to some wild animals have intercourse section, keep family has made, really ashamed. It is this excessive and even the destruction of important aspects of a harmonious society. Such as by Professor Pan said, today's married life would go on

Related articles:

if not impossible

$8.7b deals inked in Germany 

In nineteen seventy-three

damn man wheres your dealer at?

Advertisement

Return to “The "NEW Race Track" Issue”