Forums

[BLOG]: Public Meeting about Wallerfield Racing on Jun 29th

Somewhere where to run?

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Re: [BLOG]: Public Meeting about Wallerfield Racing on Jun 2

Postby gt-foure » July 6th, 2010, 3:34 pm

ah know ah was bashing ttasa all d time but tell me link, what are ttasa plans for moving foward given the current circumstances and how do they plan on putting some infastructure in place???

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mr Gear » July 6th, 2010, 7:04 pm

TTASA plan is simple. Strangle hold the racing fraternity until they give in.

Eventually when they have control and the Government releases millions for the construction of a facility TTASA will influence the handing out of contracts to their friends who in turn will subcontract the work to real contracts all in an effort to obtain lucrative kickbacks. In other words they are holding on as long as possible so that they can thief big money.

What else could be their motivation. It couldn't be for the benefit of motorsport because they have proven over and over again that they are not capable of any proper management or governance. A bunch of failures holding back an entire population, the tourism industry, the automotive industry, the advertising and marketing industry.

TTASA is the DEVIL !!

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mr Gear » July 6th, 2010, 7:07 pm

They have held on so long already, they are not about to give up now as they smelling blood in the water because someone there know Anil. Someone know Kamla, someone know some Minister or the other.

Well they have something else coming. Any move that the Government makes with motorsport that involves TTASA I will be screaming CORRUPTION to every media house here and abroad. This Government cannot afford that kind of pubicity especially as Jack is already under the international microscope.

Trust me nothing will happen with motorsport as long as TTASA is involved. I promise you.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 6th, 2010, 7:21 pm

gt-foure wrote:duane i know my history so i'm not being ignorant....jameer is the past president of ttasa before nizam,jameer has recently been through a close call with cancer,robert amar is a past board member of ttasa and ex owner of the local toyota dealership he brought in the pair of celicas for circuit 1 was called the pressure cooker to run frankie's wild goose and up till recently was by tanko...so dont think i dont know these ppl and their history!!
that's a big difference from
gt-foure wrote:where jameer and amar come out from?

gt-foure wrote:but they called a meeting and a simple question was asked whats allyuh purpose and they said to be moderators yet no represantatives from.. ttrc,matt,ttka etc were contacted or scheduled to adress the matter and as soon as d sheit hit d fan jameer get quiet as a mouse......ah keep saying these fellers have a second agenda and that is to ride we racers like jackasses and to full they pockets...duane i cant belive u ent realize what they doing is wrong
I never took sides; my only hope is that everyone has the facts.
I think the concept Robert Amar was putting across is that on the business side of racing, the people who want a track need to build it; build your own track and no one can ride you. Cause alternatively if someone builds a track and you want to "race for free" or even practice free, then you will be riding them!

gt-foure wrote:MATT has been formed and i know of some meetings that have been taking place between MATT & TTASA this move is the only thing that can benifit racing, so when these rouge fellers come trying to undo the progress made we have to run them!!!!
you make it sound as though you helped with the hard work and mediation done by MATT and TTASA with the Ministry to get to an agreement.

the BIGGEST problem here is that people want to come with their myopic judgment that "them only want to ride we back".

I agree that there are some who's negativity has only hampered the progress, but at the end of the day everyone wants racing to continue.

on another note:
It is good to see circuit racers competing in Rally Tobago weekend gone. There are circuit racers who also compete in Karting and Solodex, Kart racers who Rally and Solodex and Solodex people who Kart race and Rally. :idea:

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » July 6th, 2010, 7:25 pm

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » July 6th, 2010, 7:50 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:I never took sides; my only hope is that everyone has the facts.

If you see a man running towards a cliff with no barriers... are you going to yell to him to stop as his life is in danger... or are you going to watch and 'hope' he doesn't kill himself ?

Saying nothing is almost as bad as doing nothing.

I think the concept Robert Amar was putting across is that on the business side of racing,

The business side of racing ? You MUST be joking !!?!? That fantastic folly, Disneyland farce is NOT the business side of racing. Nor is a 'green park' in the most pollution filled sport outside of racing oil tankers in the gulf. Hotel ? High end boutiques ? Were you guys actually at that meeting ? It was an insult to me, to my time and to all others I asked to attend. (Let's not get into how insulting it is as a *cough* young racing enthusiast to be talked down to and belittled with the snide remarks of our 'racing fore-fathers' ).

the people who want a track need to build it; build your own track and no one can ride you.

There are a number of people in this country capable of raising the funding necessary to build a track, but NO ONE in their right mind will do it. Unless you are well connected politically (which it appears NONE of the current TTASA members are)... then you would be out of your falken mind putting up the millions it takes to build a track without knowing how it is going to be paid for. A drag only track will take over 20 years to recoupe the investment. If the goverment has an issue with the apparent cohesiveness of what appears to be a privately run company... and that said company can easily squash any attempt to run sanctioned events (even if it is purely LOCAL sanction)... then no one... no one... no one.... will build it a track privately. Go ahead and believe it can be done one day regardless of the 'battling'. I am telling you this as a business person, NOT a racer.

Cause alternatively if someone builds a track and you want to "race for free" or even practice free, then you will be riding them!

This whole arguement about freeness is like religion to the masses.... the point it moot. Open a track, do it right and people will flock to it like a carnival fete.

the BIGGEST problem here is that people want to come with their myopic judgment that "them only want to ride we back".

Sometimes the truth is myopic... But I hear justice is blind...

It is good to see circuit racers competing in Rally Tobago weekend gone. There are circuit racers who also compete in Karting and Solodex, Kart racers who Rally and Solodex and Solodex people who Kart race and Rally. :idea:

A rose by any other name is still a rose.... In order of income potential... let's list what's going on here:

1) DRAG RACING
2) RALLY
3) CIRCUIT
4) KARTING
5) SOLODEX

Correct me if I'm wrong, but not one of these disciplines has a dedicated facility. Do they even have a dedicated office or meeting place ?

I have to say... I have hope and faith that things will go the correct direction and people will always try to do the right thing... but damn... I think Mr. Gear done testify.

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » July 6th, 2010, 8:36 pm

mr.gear and x2 hit d nail on d head i dont think there's anything i could possibly add to that their points.....duane you dis make statment as if i am some lil stragler in d road just bumping my gum and ent have a clue as to what going on but everything i type here is facts and not 'hear say' i am very in touch with the racing community as it is nature of my business! you want to why i make some of the statments i do? its because for 2 long we have been taking sheit, yes i say WE cause i am a drag racer for several yrs now and ah ent mean someone who dis be burning tyres on d cross, i have a pro built 10 sec car waiting to come out....so i could tell u of d frustration that my peers and customers are also going through!!

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » July 6th, 2010, 8:41 pm

agreee 1000% with x2 and mr gear

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 6th, 2010, 9:22 pm

X2 wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:I never took sides; my only hope is that everyone has the facts.

If you see a man running towards a cliff with no barriers... are you going to yell to him to stop as his life is in danger... or are you going to watch and 'hope' he doesn't kill himself ?

I think the concept Robert Amar was putting across is that on the business side of racing,

The business side of racing ? You MUST be joking !!?!? That fantastic folly, Disneyland farce is NOT the business side of racing. Nor is a 'green park' in the most pollution filled sport outside of racing oil tankers in the gulf. Hotel ? High end boutiques ? Were you guys actually at that meeting ? It was an insult to me, to my time and to all others I asked to attend. (Let's not get into how insulting it is as a *cough* young racing enthusiast to be talked down to and belittled with the snide remarks of our 'racing fore-fathers' ).

the people who want a track need to build it; build your own track and no one can ride you.

There are a number of people in this country capable of raising the funding necessary to build a track, but NO ONE in their right mind will do it. Unless you are well connected politically (which it appears NONE of the current TTASA members are)... then you would be out of your falken mind putting up the millions it takes to build a track without knowing how it is going to be paid for. A drag only track will take over 20 years to recoupe the investment. If the goverment has an issue with the apparent cohesiveness of what appears to be a privately run company... and that said company can easily squash any attempt to run sanctioned events (even if it is purely LOCAL sanction)... then no one... no one... no one.... will build it a track privately. Go ahead and believe it can be done one day regardless of the 'battling'. I am telling you this as a business person, NOT a racer.

Cause alternatively if someone builds a track and you want to "race for free" or even practice free, then you will be riding them!

This whole arguement about freeness is like religion to the masses.... the point it moot. Open a track, do it right and people will flock to it like a carnival fete.

Sometimes the truth is myopic... But I hear justice is blind...

A rose by any other name is still a rose.... In order of income potential... let's list what's going on here:

1) DRAG RACING
2) RALLY
3) CIRCUIT
4) KARTING
5) SOLODEX

Correct me if I'm wrong, but not one of these disciplines has a dedicated facility. Do they even have a dedicated office or meeting place ?

I have to say... I have hope and faith that things will go the correct direction and people will always try to do the right thing... but damn... I think Mr. Gear done testify.

thank you for your contribution

I only stated what was said, you added your opinion to it

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » July 6th, 2010, 11:40 pm

well..gt-foure...
so now u know my name changed to 'mr.gear'..........with chipped teet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gt-foure
Street 2NR

Postby gt-foure » July 7th, 2010, 8:41 am

link wrote:well..gt-foure...
so now u know my name changed to 'mr.gear'..........with chipped teet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i dont have any problem with you link ,if u read my second to last post i asked what's ttasa plans for motorsport given the current situation?? TTASA has left a bad impression on the majority of the racers...the solution to the TTASA crisis is to scrap the organization,re-structure and re-build the entire thing or join with MATT

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mr Gear » July 7th, 2010, 9:07 am

gt-foure wrote:

i dont have any problem with you link ,if u read my second to last post i asked what's ttasa plans for motorsport given the current situation?? TTASA has left a bad impression on the majority of the racers...the solution to the TTASA crisis is to scrap the organization,re-structure and re-build the entire thing or join with MATT

You're wasting your time with Link. Can't you see from his responses that he is just an immature fool who does not possess the statesmanship required for governance. He can never be a man who takes the high road. WOFT.

Link won't ever be able to avoid arguments and squabbles. TTASA is therefore doomed to never get anywhere. TTASA cannot move motorsports forward. TTASA is the DEVIL.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » July 7th, 2010, 10:02 am

gt-foure wrote:

has left a bad impression on the majority of the racers...
the solution to the TTASA crisis is to scrap the organization,re-structure and re-build the entire thing
or join with MATT

These are, indeed, the options available..........however, I cannot say here what TTASA's plans are , as regards above.
Contrary to mr.gear's :
You're wasting your time with Link. Can't you see from his responses that he is just an immature fool who does not possess the statesmanship required for governance. He can never be a man who takes the high road. WOFT.
Link won't ever be able to avoid arguments and squabbles. TTASA is therefore doomed to never get anywhere. TTASA cannot move motorsports forward. TTASA is the DEVIL.

I can say that the TTASA AGM is soon to be held &, hopefully, we'll realise a Management Team which is cognisant of what needs to be done to provide proper sustainable infrastructure for motor sport development, will be installed.

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » July 7th, 2010, 10:06 am

mr.gear
please stop looking at the mirror & attributing what u see to me...........it's not flattering...or funny
thank you for understanding
rgds

787B
Street 2NR

Postby 787B » July 7th, 2010, 10:10 am

Mr. Sampath, since you appear to be the official or unofficial mouthpiece for TTASA here, please answer these two questions:

1.There have been plans to develop Wallerfield into a technology/business park since the N.A.R goverment during the 80's. Why were things not put in place to secure the use of Wallerfield as the "Official" hub of Motorsports, 20, 30, 40 years ago?

2. what does TTASA bring to the table, that should cause the rest of the motorsports fraternity (that have come under the umbrella of MATT) to join with TTASA?

Discuss.

***Note marks with be taken away for stating affiliation with FIA, NACAM etc.***

X2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X2 » July 7th, 2010, 10:55 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
thank you for your contribution

That I did.... in honour of a open discussion forum.

Not trying to e-thug ya... You had many points assembled into one post from other contributors.

wagonrunner
TriniTuner 24-7
Location: Distancing myself from those who want to raid the barn but eh want to plant the corn.

Postby wagonrunner » July 7th, 2010, 11:19 am

787B wrote:Mr. Sampath, since you appear to be the official or unofficial mouthpiece for TTASA here,

appear is exactly right.
http://www.trinituner.com/v3/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=188681&hilit=link+fact&start=60

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » July 7th, 2010, 11:23 am

X2 wrote:

I have no doubt that Duane will record the the details of such an incident and report the facts!

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:thank you for your contribution

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crises maintain their neutrality” - Dante Alighieri
:poke:

:P

X2 wrote:

X2 wrote:I think Mr. Gear done testify.
:!: :!:
gt-foure wrote:mr.gear and x2 hit d nail on d head i dont think there's anything i could possibly add to that their points.....
:!: :!:

gt-foure wrote:i have a pro built 10 sec car waiting to come out....so i could tell u of d frustration that my peers and customers are also going through!!

I have a shadetree mechanic (A person willing to learn and perform scheduled maintenance or simple repairs on their own vehicle rather than being completely reliant on technicians who may be dishonest, careless, or ignorant.) built 17 sec car... I empathise! :P

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » July 7th, 2010, 5:31 pm

787b
there's a thread which deals extensively with yr ???
ask wagonrunner.........he sifts through posts & re......
chk those threads first......they're very wide-ranging (& informative too)
this one has already become a re-hash...
rgds

sparky
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sparky » July 7th, 2010, 5:46 pm

the only reason ttasa attempting to rare their head is because they sense free land at waller field to grab. drag racers will not give support to that. since camp den to now they have not submitted any plans to purchase land, let alone building a facility.they are like a parasite.the only set of people who have attempted to do this privately are drag racers .

sparky
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sparky » July 7th, 2010, 5:46 pm

the only reason ttasa attempting to rare their head is because they sense free land at waller field to grab. drag racers will not give support to that. since camp den to now they have not submitted any plans to purchase land, let alone building a facility.they are like a parasite.the only set of people who have attempted to do this privately are drag racers .

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 8th, 2010, 12:23 am

sparky wrote:the only reason ttasa attempting to rare their head is because they sense free land at waller field to grab. drag racers will not give support to that. since camp den to now they have not submitted any plans to purchase land, let alone building a facility.they are like a parasite.the only set of people who have attempted to do this privately are drag racers .

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mr Gear » July 8th, 2010, 10:07 am

TTASA is the DEVIL

Mr Gear
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Mr Gear » July 8th, 2010, 11:41 am

TTASA Must GO !!

787B
Street 2NR

Postby 787B » July 8th, 2010, 1:07 pm

So Mr. Sampath, I have read your miscellaneous ramblings and can't believe the delusions of grandeur of this group. It seems that members are cut from the same cloth as the former PM, who was out of touch with the populace, and you see what happend.

Question:
Since the site visit a few weeks ago at Wallerfield, what constructive efforts has TTASA made to bring together all the bodies in Motorsports?

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » July 8th, 2010, 3:03 pm

787B wrote:So Mr. Sampath, I have read your miscellaneous ramblings and can't believe the delusions of grandeur of this group. It seems that members are cut from the same cloth as the former PM, who was out of touch with the populace, and you see what happend.
Question:
Since the site visit a few weeks ago at Wallerfield, what constructive efforts has TTASA made to bring together all the bodies in Motorsports?

:roll:
I need to take heed of mr.gear's advice and
be a man who takes the high road

V8 Boys
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby V8 Boys » July 8th, 2010, 10:17 pm

Every decision has a consequence, and the decision to halt racing at Wallerfield has brought about major repercussions. Perhaps the biggest is the "new street vibe" that the thousands of young ppl have adopted with the closure of the only legal venue for racing. By the actions of the prev' administration...they have said in effect: "Look sonny we have millions of $ tied up in this facility...take your activities elsewhere" THIS HAS BRED A NEW ATTITUDE IN T&T's YOUTH. And by tripping over obstacles that have been there for the past 4 yrs...THE NEW ADMINISTRATION IS SENDING THE SAME MESSAGE.
"The Deterioration Of Our Social Fabric"
Hence the illegal street racing has taken a more sinister, selfish turn. ask any of the thousands of youths at Cross-Crossing on a weekend what they think of our (Govt,TTASA,MATT,Big Shots) inability to return a 40 yr old home back to its original owner(the people) and they'll say "Dey ent buisness wid we so we ent buisness wid dem"
This is the most serious problem we have to deal with and it will only escalate with time and inaction. IT IS ON THIS BASIS THAT IMMEDIATE ACTION MUST BE TAKEN

787B
Street 2NR

Postby 787B » July 9th, 2010, 5:06 am

Mr. Sampath you could take the high road, low road, or dirt track, just simply answer the question:

What is TTASA currently doing to ensure that all the bodies in motorsport come together as per the request of the Minister of Sport?

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » July 9th, 2010, 7:38 am

for the benefit of all........until discussions with the Ministry of Sport are properly concluded, comments on anybody's intentions cannot be constructive. Indulging in needless speculation, against the backdrop of obvious frustration of the many motor racing enthusiasts only results in the lack-of-forethought comments being posted all through these forums.
At the moment, the process HAS TO BE FOLLOWED THROUGH & premature/biased comments only serve to slow/jeapordise these hard-fought efforts.

rgds

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » July 9th, 2010, 10:15 am

From long before ttasa been causing problems on the racing scene. Will always cause problems and will never stop once they see to profit themselves. Can consider drag racing in T&T a sport that dont exist here again. Taken away by money hungry fools.

And if you want to reply back with some immature response, go right ahead, at the end of the day, its the truth, nothing but the truth and well, you can take your replies and stick it up your A$$

Advertisement

Return to “The "NEW Race Track" Issue”