TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby 16 cycles » August 5th, 2022, 1:40 pm

how does Customs view that X-trail - as a hybrid or all electric re: taxation?

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » August 5th, 2022, 3:52 pm

16 cycles wrote:how does Customs view that X-trail - as a hybrid or all electric re: taxation?
Engine larger than 1.6 so it does not matter.

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » August 17th, 2022, 3:12 pm

La Fast has the I4 electric sedan available for 799,000. 450 to 500 kms range when charged.
bmw I 4.jpg

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » August 18th, 2022, 7:26 am

Country_Bookie wrote:La Fast has the I4 electric sedan available for 799,000. 450 to 500 kms range when charged. bmw I 4.jpg

799k? How? Are taxes not off these vehicles?

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » August 18th, 2022, 8:02 pm

The top end in the US is 70K USD.

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » August 19th, 2022, 9:30 am

triniboi49 wrote:The top end in the US is 70K USD.

Alright :lol:

khandman
3NE 2NR for life

Postby khandman » August 27th, 2022, 4:47 pm

Shalom Vanamson wrote:
triniboi49 wrote:The top end in the US is 70K USD.

Alright :lol:

Any opinions on the d max mid spec manual?

BlackZC32S
Riding on 13's

Postby BlackZC32S » August 27th, 2022, 6:30 pm

Guys, this has a 1.6 so what will be the engine tax to import?
mercedes-amg-project-one-concept-2017-frankfurt-motor-show_100622194_h.jpg

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » August 30th, 2022, 9:32 am

BlackZC32S wrote:Guys, this has a 1.6 so what will be the engine tax to import?
mercedes-amg-project-one-concept-2017-frankfurt-motor-show_100622194_h.jpg

This car will retail for almost 3 million US. I don’t think you would be asking about import tax if you could afford the sticker price.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » September 2nd, 2022, 10:09 am

This is some interesting information

Guide to Car Brands

Here we list each major car brand and its parent corporation, including some retired brands whose products are still readily available as used cars.

Brand: Parent Company

Acura: Honda Motor Company
Alfa Romeo: Stellantis
Audi: Volkswagen Group
BMW: BMW Group
Bentley: Volkswagen Group
Buick: General Motors
Cadillac: General Motors
Chevrolet: General Motors
Chrysler: Stellantis
Dodge: Stellantis
Fiat: Stellantis
Ford: Ford Motor Co.
GMC: General Motors
Genesis: Hyundai Motor Group
Honda: Honda Motor Co.
Hyundai: Hyundai Motor Group
Infiniti: Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance
Jaguar: Tata Motors
Jeep: Stellantis
Kia: Hyundai Motor Group
Land Rover: Tata Motors
Lexus: Toyota Motor Corp.
Lincoln: Ford Motor Co.
Lotus: Zhejiang Geely Holding Group
Lucid: Lucid Motors
Maserati: Stellantis
Mazda: Mazda Motor Corp.
Mercedes-Benz: Daimler AG
Mercury*: Ford Motor Co.
Mini: BMW Group
Mitsubishi: Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance
Nissan: Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance
Polestar: Zhejiang Geely Holding Group
Pontiac*: General Motors
Porsche: Volkswagen Group
Ram: Stellantis
Rivian: Rivian Automotive, with investments from Amazon and Ford, among others.
Rolls-Royce: BMW Group
Saab*: brand owned by Saab AB; assets owned by National Electric Vehicle Sweden
Saturn*: General Motors
Scion*: Toyota Motor Corp.
Scout: Volkswagen AG.
Smart: Daimler AG
Subaru: Subaru Corp.
Suzuki*: Suzuki Motor Corp. Owns a small stake in Toyota.
Tesla: Tesla Inc.
Toyota: Toyota Motor Corp.
VinFast: VinGroup
Volkswagen: Volkswagen AG.
Volvo: Zhejiang Geely Holding Group

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/who-owns-which-car-brands-a5925868661/

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » September 3rd, 2022, 9:40 pm

Soooo lifestyle bringing in SsangYong now!!! Who would have thunk, also look out on Sep 15th for the launch of the 2023 XV.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » September 3rd, 2022, 11:26 pm

zando wrote:Soooo lifestyle bringing in SsangYong now!!! Who would have thunk, also look out on Sep 15th for the launch of the 2023 XV.

Given how poor their after sales service is, I would stand clear from them and that brand. They are by far the absolute worst after sales service I ever dealt with and I had to deal with them all...

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » September 4th, 2022, 3:01 am

Gladiator wrote:
zando wrote:Soooo lifestyle bringing in SsangYong now!!! Who would have thunk, also look out on Sep 15th for the launch of the 2023 XV.

Given how poor their after sales service is, I would stand clear from them and that brand. They are by far the absolute worst after sales service I ever dealt with and I had to deal with them all...

You think? What experience did you have? They handled my lil warranty claim on the Cruze, even though it took long to bring in the lil interior part, worldwide SsangYong has a good warranty I believe 7years 150,000 miles, or is it km? Anyway, if they offer 5 years at the least I think that would be ok.

Saying that, I do think they should have brought in the Tivoli also to get some sales from the smaller cuv segment maybe we may get it later on, it would compete really well with the sonet and the venue, also I saw they may bring the Torres, looked up that and it's really a looker.

mantis
3NE 2NR for life

Postby mantis » September 4th, 2022, 9:17 am

Who in Trinidad sells Ford Ranger Raptor need information

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » September 4th, 2022, 3:37 pm

mantis wrote:Who in Trinidad sells Ford Ranger Raptor need information

Czar distribution brought in some, legit raptors not bling out rangers

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » September 5th, 2022, 11:47 am

Gladiator wrote:

Seems like you had a really bad experience. My experience on the other hand was quite different. LSM after sales service was pretty descent. The worst I had ever experienced was at Southern Sales (hands down).

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » September 5th, 2022, 7:20 pm

Capleton wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

Seems like you had a really bad experience. My experience on the other hand was quite different. LSM after sales service was pretty descent. The worst I had ever experienced was at Southern Sales (hands down).

What brand vehicle did you have from them?

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » September 6th, 2022, 8:59 am

Gladiator wrote:
Capleton wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

Suzuki Swift and Grand Vitara.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » September 6th, 2022, 1:53 pm

Capleton wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
Capleton wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

Cool... don't ever buy a JEEP or a Porsche from LSM though. Commit suicide instead... Less headache :)

tris_786
Riding on 13's

Postby tris_786 » September 6th, 2022, 3:23 pm

Hey fellas, especially @agent007, we spoke on this back in Feb, just giving an update on the Santa Fe we ordered back in Feb. Still hasn't arrived yet lol was supposed to be here in June and they said it went into production in April but then we got another delay to July then August lol. But just two weeks ago we got another confirmation of it being put into production so they said end of September but we got a call yesterday saying end of October so it's definitely upsetting when we could've been in a new Sorento all now. So that's been 650k+ down the drain since February. Hopefully we do get the Santa Fe by the end of October. I know the shortage of semi conductors was a problem but it's a bit weird this long of a wait. We're also looking at getting the new fully loaded Tucson for me or the Mini Countryman S All 4, as I just got my license but that may come later in the year as they don't have any at the moment.
Let me know what y'all think of the Santa Fe situation and the choice of first car.

eKeith
Street 2NR

Postby eKeith » September 6th, 2022, 4:58 pm

Gladiator wrote:
Capleton wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
Capleton wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

Cool... don't ever buy a JEEP or a Porsche from LSM though. Commit suicide instead... Less headache :)
True dat!

They kept my Grand Cherokee for three months waiting on a part. I decided to import it myself...

Long_bamboo
Ricer

Postby Long_bamboo » September 6th, 2022, 10:03 pm

tris_786 wrote:Hey fellas, especially @agent007, we spoke on this back in Feb, just giving an update on the Santa Fe we ordered back in Feb. Still hasn't arrived yet lol was supposed to be here in June and they said it went into production in April but then we got another delay to July then August lol. But just two weeks ago we got another confirmation of it being put into production so they said end of September but we got a call yesterday saying end of October so it's definitely upsetting when we could've been in a new Sorento all now. So that's been 650k+ down the drain since February. Hopefully we do get the Santa Fe by the end of October. I know the shortage of semi conductors was a problem but it's a bit weird this long of a wait. We're also looking at getting the new fully loaded Tucson for me or the Mini Countryman S All 4, as I just got my license but that may come later in the year as they don't have any at the moment.
Let me know what y'all think of the Santa Fe situation and the choice of first car.

Hmm so allyuh pay down full price just to order it. Anyway i know a relative waiting since february also for d tucson, d shipment supposed to be coming in this week actually but dey say dey not getting any fully loaded. Also i see meh neighbour finally get thru with she 'mg' after waiting bout a year, and too i heard a while back that d xv was also out of stock. Imo seems like manufacturers really giving preference to d bigger markets

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » September 7th, 2022, 6:17 am

tris_786 wrote:Hey fellas, especially @agent007, we spoke on this back in Feb, just giving an update on the Santa Fe we ordered back in Feb. Still hasn't arrived yet lol was supposed to be here in June and they said it went into production in April but then we got another delay to July then August lol. But just two weeks ago we got another confirmation of it being put into production so they said end of September but we got a call yesterday saying end of October so it's definitely upsetting when we could've been in a new Sorento all now. So that's been 650k+ down the drain since February. Hopefully we do get the Santa Fe by the end of October. I know the shortage of semi conductors was a problem but it's a bit weird this long of a wait. We're also looking at getting the new fully loaded Tucson for me or the Mini Countryman S All 4, as I just got my license but that may come later in the year as they don't have any at the moment.

Choice for first car I always recommend something where parts is easier to come by. Especially if you’re a tinkerer. I have no remorse for people who pluck at kia and Hyundai sadly, too many burns and bad experiences yes.

That Santa Fe…. I was getting my refund and taking business elsewhere too.. 650k is too much for me personally not to get lifetime reliability

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » September 7th, 2022, 8:26 am

nick639v2 wrote:

Choice for first car I always recommend something where parts is easier to come by. Especially if you’re a tinkerer. I have no remorse for people who pluck at kia and Hyundai sadly, too many burns and bad experiences yes.

That Santa Fe…. I was getting my refund and taking business elsewhere too.. 650k is too much for me personally not to get lifetime reliability

Lifestyle now has the Ssangyong Rexton (7 Seat SUV), which is a direct competitor to the Santa Fe and Sorento. 2WD starts from $450K and the 4WD version starts from $500K. I got a little look at it, and it is really well equipped and quite the looker. Seems to built on the Musso Grand ladder on frame chassis.

They also got the smaller Korando which is aimed at the Sportage and Tucson. The prices were:

- Entry Level 2WD - $245K
- Mid Spec 2WD - $280K
- Fully Loaded AWD - $320K

Again, these units are properly well equipped for the price. Could see this Korean brand giving Kia and Hyundai a run for their money in the T&T market.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » September 8th, 2022, 3:06 pm

Capleton wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:

Lifestyle now has the Ssangyong Rexton (7 Seat SUV), which is a direct competitor to the Santa Fe and Sorento. 2WD starts from $450K and the 4WD version starts from $500K. I got a little look at it, and it is really well equipped and quite the looker. Seems to built on the Musso Grand ladder on frame chassis.

They also got the smaller Korando which is aimed at the Sportage and Tucson. The prices were:

- Mid Spec 2WD - $280K

Again, these units are properly well equipped for the price. Could see this Korean brand giving Kia and Hyundai a run for their money in the T&T market.
I researched the korando a bit and apparently it's using an aisin transmission, we all know aisin is owned by Toyota, so I'd say I'd trust it more than any Hyundai or kia, I fraid those Hyundai and Kia trans and engines, too many recalls, Al though recalls are meant to fix issues.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » September 11th, 2022, 9:35 pm

zando wrote:
Capleton wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:

- Mid Spec 2WD - $280K

I researched the korando a bit and apparently it's using an aisin transmission, we all know aisin is owned by Toyota, so I'd say I'd trust it more than any Hyundai or kia, I fraid those Hyundai and Kia trans and engines, too many recalls, Al though recalls are meant to fix issues.

The problem might not be the vehicle as much as it is the dealer... they don't stock any parts. I know someone with a Jimny that has been waiting for 2+ months for a steering angle sensor. They also seem to have a standard 2 months delay for all warranty issues.

And imagine they wanted to void the lady with the Jimny warranty because she carry it "offroad"

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » September 15th, 2022, 1:29 pm

New XV or from what I'm reading, name change worldwide to Crosstrek , interior looks good, not much of a change in design imo but I think they didn't need to go revolutionary with it.
Screenshot_20220915-132520__01.jpg

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 16th, 2022, 10:35 am

zando wrote:New XV or from what I'm reading, name change worldwide to Crosstrek , interior looks good, not much of a change in design imo but I think they didn't need to go revolutionary with it.Screenshot_20220915-132520__01.jpg

Based on Massy's pricing that would start at 300k or something.

Still to wrap my head around the fact 5 years ago a 2.0l engine Qashqai started at 250 - 255k and today a 1.3l Qashqai starts at 285k.
Sales Rep say forex is a reason for higher prices but Gervase Warner not buying US$ on the black market or from shady Chinese businessmen. Massy getting Forex at the same 6.78 to one as they always had.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » September 16th, 2022, 10:43 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
zando wrote:New XV or from what I'm reading, name change worldwide to Crosstrek , interior looks good, not much of a change in design imo but I think they didn't need to go revolutionary with it.Screenshot_20220915-132520__01.jpg

Based on Massy's pricing that would start at 300k or something.

Still to wrap my head around the fact 5 years ago a 2.0l engine Qashqai started at 250 - 255k and today a 1.3l Qashqai starts at 285k.
Sales Rep say forex is a reason for higher prices but Gervase Warner not buying US$ on the black market or from shady Chinese businessmen. Massy getting Forex at the same 6.78 to one as they always had.

It’s even worse they are a net earner of US. They might not be even buying

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » September 16th, 2022, 12:43 pm

I hate the "tablet" center controls. It's over engineering at its best
zando wrote:New XV or from what I'm reading, name change worldwide to Crosstrek , interior looks good, not much of a change in design imo but I think they didn't need to go revolutionary with it.
Screenshot_20220915-132520__01.jpg

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”