T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Capleton

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Capleton » September 16th, 2022, 12:46 pm

zando wrote:New XV or from what I'm reading, name change worldwide to Crosstrek , interior looks good, not much of a change in design imo but I think they didn't need to go revolutionary with it.Screenshot_20220915-132520__01.jpg

Based on Massy's pricing that would start at 300k or something.

Still to wrap my head around the fact 5 years ago a 2.0l engine Qashqai started at 250 - 255k and today a 1.3l Qashqai starts at 285k.
Sales Rep say forex is a reason for higher prices but Gervase Warner not buying US$ on the black market or from shady Chinese businessmen. Massy getting Forex at the same 6.78 to one as they always had.

It’s even worse they are a net earner of US. They might not be even buying

For the most part reps might just make up something just for the sake of a response to a customer. I can see prices being increased for the following reasons:

- Cost of shipping (freight) has increased
- Manufacturers have increased prices
- Local dealers have adjusted prices upwards to cater for domestic inflation

Postby Dizzy28 » September 16th, 2022, 1:43 pm

^ All that is well and fine but given the drop in MVT and consequently VAT (I also forgot that VAT was 15% when 2.0l Qashqais started at 255k) in moving down from 2.0l to 1.3l as well as that price rise, margins must be much more (all things equal) with the factors you mentioned.

Kritical01

Postby Kritical01 » September 16th, 2022, 8:37 pm

Before investing your $$ in Ssangyong, be mindful that the brand is bankrupt. I doubt lifestyle will mention this.

worksux101

Postby worksux101 » September 16th, 2022, 9:30 pm

death365 wrote:I hate the "tablet" center controls. It's over engineering at its best
zando wrote:New XV or from what I'm reading, name change worldwide to Crosstrek , interior looks good, not much of a change in design imo but I think they didn't need to go revolutionary with it.Screenshot_20220915-132520__01.jpg

Yup just like the Volvo and some of the RRs. Looks great but annoying at best and distracting at worse.
Saw kia has some new changing center console...again looks great but what's really the point other than being difficult for the driver?

Postby Dizzy28 » September 17th, 2022, 6:40 pm

Saw a Korando this morning coming onto the highway by Aranguez and was next to it till it turned off by Barataria. Not very "standoutish" from external appearances.

Postby Gladiator » September 17th, 2022, 7:23 pm

Kritical01 wrote:Before investing your $$ in Ssangyong, be mindful that the brand is bankrupt. I doubt lifestyle will mention this.

You are correct, that brand in a huge mess... better they had bring back the Mahindra brand instead.

zando

Postby zando » September 17th, 2022, 7:32 pm

Kritical01 wrote:Before investing your $$ in Ssangyong, be mindful that the brand is bankrupt. I doubt lifestyle will mention this.
I remember when Ford and GM went bankrupt and they were huge companies then and now, actually I think GM was on track to be the world's largest automaker, didnt see anyone saying not to buy rangers or Colorado's etc.

Postby Gladiator » September 17th, 2022, 10:04 pm

zando wrote:
I remember when Ford and GM went bankrupt and they were huge companies then and now, actually I think GM was on track to be the world's largest automaker, didnt see anyone saying not to buy rangers or Colorado's etc.

Ford GM and Chrysler are the "Big 3" bro... they have the backing of the American Govt. Any bankruptcy would be bailed out swiftly due the impact on the American economy.

Ssangyong on the other hand.... I don't think so.

zando

Postby zando » September 18th, 2022, 1:22 am

zando wrote:

Ford GM and Chrysler are the "Big 3" bro... they have the backing of the American Govt. Any bankruptcy would be bailed out swiftly due the impact on the American economy.

SsangYong was bought by Mahindra in 2020, yes they were sold this year and that's being completed as far as my research goes, but the other research that I've done on their vehicles returned positive reviews in driveability, comfort, safety and durability,, based on the parts they're using I'd say their vehicles should stand up better than a Hyundai/Kia vehicle, my point is that if GM etc can go bankrupt and be ok, then SsangYong will be fine.

Postby Gladiator » September 18th, 2022, 10:33 pm

zando wrote:

SsangYong was bought by Mahindra in 2020, yes they were sold this year and that's being completed as far as my research goes, but the other research that I've done on their vehicles returned positive reviews in driveability, comfort, safety and durability,, based on the parts they're using I'd say their vehicles should stand up better than a Hyundai/Kia vehicle, my point is that if GM etc can go bankrupt and be ok, then SsangYong will be fine.

Its not really the same. Ssangyong has such a small market share that they are hanging on by a thread. The original buyer Edison Motor themselves went bankrupt and couldn't buy them out. A Korean steel company has managed to buy them. Investing in this vehicle could go very wrong and is risky, regardless of how good the car performs.

Postby j.o.e » September 19th, 2022, 8:32 am

I like a car sold worldwide that I can just go online and buy parts if push comes to shove. I’m not depending on any dealership and sketchy brands that can pack up and leave.

Capleton

Postby Capleton » September 19th, 2022, 10:14 am

zando wrote:

Its not really the same. Ssangyong has such a small market share that they are hanging on by a thread. The original buyer Edison Motor themselves went bankrupt and couldn't buy them out. A Korean steel company has managed to buy them. Investing in this vehicle could go very wrong and is risky, regardless of how good the car performs.

Correct, the steel company was part of the KG Consortium that bought them over. Apparently they got the dinero to go through with the deal.

Postby Gladiator » September 19th, 2022, 8:48 pm

j.o.e wrote:I like a car sold worldwide that I can just go online and buy parts if push comes to shove. I’m not depending on any dealership and sketchy brands that can pack up and leave.

LOL... I think you just described the local dealer there very accurately.

zando

Postby zando » September 20th, 2022, 10:55 pm

j.o.e wrote:I like a car sold worldwide that I can just go online and buy parts if push comes to shove. I’m not depending on any dealership and sketchy brands that can pack up and leave.
You mean like when Ford and Peugeot left? Atleast ford came back lol

Postby j.o.e » September 21st, 2022, 9:47 am

zando wrote:
You mean like when Ford and Peugeot left? Atleast ford came back lol

Renault, Skoda and a few others I can’t recall right now

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Rory Phoulorie » September 21st, 2022, 6:14 pm

j.o.e wrote:Renault, Skoda and a few others I can’t recall right now

Seat
Opel
Daewoo
Proton
Lada
Mahindra
Daihatsu
Citroen

Postby kamakazi » September 22nd, 2022, 10:25 am

Fiat

Postby ProtonPowder » September 22nd, 2022, 7:10 pm

Baic
either already gone through locally or will happen soon

metalgear2095

Postby metalgear2095 » September 28th, 2022, 1:43 pm

Anyone know what engine the new Ranger will come with when it arrives next year?

Kritical01

Postby Kritical01 » September 28th, 2022, 9:50 pm

From what I saw the new ranger either has a 2.0 bi turbo, 2.0 single turbo or 3.0 V6.
The bi turbo may be the preferred option given the power output vs the competition.
Interesting to see how these engines respond to our crappy diesel quality.

Postby nick639v2 » September 28th, 2022, 10:12 pm

Kritical01 wrote:From what I saw the new ranger either has a 2.0 bi turbo, 2.0 single turbo or 3.0 V6.
The bi turbo may be the preferred option given the power output vs the competition.
Interesting to see how these engines respond to our crappy diesel quality.

All the grey market ones I know of (and the raptors) holding out good for a a couple years so far. One I know had tranny issues but no engine problem

Kritical01

Postby Kritical01 » September 28th, 2022, 10:24 pm

That’s good news for any potential owners.
Truck looks huge, I guess heavy t is still required.

metalgear2095

Postby metalgear2095 » October 4th, 2022, 6:08 pm

Given the statement by Brian Manning that all subsides should be removed from premium gasoline, how many of those so called non luxury vehicles require premium?

Postby Gladiator » October 4th, 2022, 8:01 pm

metalgear2095 wrote:Given the statement by Brian Manning that all subsides should be removed from premium gasoline, how many of those so called non luxury vehicles require premium?

Was thinking the same thing... the ones I think are:

Hyundai Tucson 1.6 Turbo
Chevy Equinox
Chevy Cruze
MG HS
MG ZS
Lancer GDI
Subaru XV
New Honda Civic 1.5 Turbo
Honda CRV 1.5 Turbo
Ssangyong Korando
Suzuki S Cross
Suzuki Swift Sport

Yeah and Brian Manning is an ignorant cont..

Pirate

Postby Pirate » October 4th, 2022, 8:58 pm

Even the Tiida / Versa was supposed to use Premium according to the manual if I remember correctly.

Postby ProtonPowder » October 4th, 2022, 9:07 pm

The 1.6 Lancer 4A92 is port injected and requires premium. The same one that came in lancers which could be purchased for 160k new from Diamond Motors a few short years ago

Postby Dave » October 4th, 2022, 9:11 pm

B17 Sentra with the 8 injector HR16 also supposed to use Premium.
Pirate wrote:Even the Tiida / Versa was supposed to use Premium according to the manual if I remember correctly.

4Motion

Postby 4Motion » October 6th, 2022, 6:29 am

metalgear2095 wrote:Given the statement by Brian Manning that all subsides should be removed from premium gasoline, how many of those so called non luxury vehicles require premium?

Hyundai Tucson 1.6 Turbo
Chevy Equinox
Chevy Cruze
MG HS
MG ZS
Lancer GDI
Subaru XV
Honda CRV 1.5 Turbo
Ssangyong Korando
Suzuki S Cross
Suzuki Swift Sport

They just don’t understand cars really. They think premium means luxury. More car companies are making smaller turbo engines that require premium for fuel efficiency etc.

I’m 100% fine if they want to remove fuel subsidy. But now it’s time to remove our ridiculous car taxes.

d.d.s.

Postby d.d.s. » October 6th, 2022, 5:08 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:The 1.6 Lancer 4A92 is port injected and requires premium. The same one that came in lancers which could be purchased for 160k new from Diamond Motors a few short years ago
Even the 1.6 Ck4 from way back has a 95+ octane sticker inside the gas lid

Postby death365 » October 10th, 2022, 4:26 am

Yeah that and God face yuh go see!
4Motion wrote:

Hyundai Tucson 1.6 Turbo
Chevy Equinox
Chevy Cruze
MG HS
MG ZS
Lancer GDI
Subaru XV
Honda CRV 1.5 Turbo
Ssangyong Korando
Suzuki S Cross
Suzuki Swift Sport

They just don’t understand cars really. They think premium means luxury. More car companies are making smaller turbo engines that require premium for fuel efficiency etc.

I’m 100% fine if they want to remove fuel subsidy. But now it’s time to remove our ridiculous car taxes.