TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zando
Trinituner Peong

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby zando » March 24th, 2024, 12:58 pm

New K4 (cerato) seems they're changing the names, overall I like it! Waiting to see price
1929508297.jpg

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » March 24th, 2024, 7:40 pm

Appreciate the updates to page 1, but jeez dem prices for a depreciating commodity

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » March 25th, 2024, 3:15 pm

j.o.e wrote:
Dave wrote:Massy bringing it in?

I dunno if firm will sell Kicks and Qashqai ….. dem qashqai real expensive bai for a small eng one crossover

That new kicks has the same size wheelbase height and width as the qashqai the only difference being 2 inches in overal length. If they sell it locally it may cannibalize the sales of the qashqai.
Last edited by Shalom Vanamson on March 25th, 2024, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » March 25th, 2024, 3:18 pm

zando wrote:New K4 (cerato) seems they're changing the names, overall I like it! Waiting to see price 1929508297.jpg

It bad ehh 8-) curious to see if the bring that down here considering its bigger now it would go up in price or they bring the smaller one that is the new K3 which is NOT the new Cerato but rather a change in naming scheme and a smaller model.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » March 25th, 2024, 4:39 pm

Shalom Vanamson wrote:
zando wrote:New K4 (cerato) seems they're changing the names, overall I like it! Waiting to see price 1929508297.jpg

It bad ehh 8-) curious to see if the bring that down here considering its bigger now it would go up in price or they bring the smaller one that is the new K3 which is NOT the new Cerato but rather a change in naming scheme and a smaller model.
As far as I know the k3 is the Rio replacement, it's based in the accent platform, the K4 based on the Elantra platform so depending on features I assume.itll be around the price of the Elantra or maybe cheaper depending on variant, but we shall see.

I do think the k3 and K4 are way nicer than the accent and Elantra counterparts though, I dunno whaaaatt going on with Hyundai design.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 26th, 2024, 2:53 pm

Any tuners have real world experience with the new Qashqais with the 1.3lT engine and the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross?

Have a test drive booked for the Qashqai next week and the sales rep at Ansa say when they get stock of the Cross she will call for a test drive there? But would like to know of any Tuner's who have these already.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » March 26th, 2024, 5:10 pm

The qashqai engine is a colab between Renault and Nissan and is a widely used engine with the HR designation which takes care of you once you take care of it. It is used in many applications and even powers the A200 Mercedes Benz.
I would have no reservations about it. The qashqai is still imported from the UK which speaks highly about its fit and function.

I don't own one but was doing my homework on it.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » March 26th, 2024, 5:19 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Any tuners have real world experience with the new Qashqais with the 1.3lT engine and the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross?

Have a test drive booked for the Qashqai next week and the sales rep at Ansa say when they get stock of the Cross she will call for a test drive there? But would like to know of any Tuner's who have these already.

Qashai user here.

Aunt bought one last year.
No issues with it so far at all, really comfortable, doesn’t seem to be lacking in any department for daily use and the maracas runs. Base model was equipped well too.

Slight nit picking is that the rebound on the suspension front vs rear feels ‘different’. if you’re upgrading from anything previous gen or older then it’s all positives. Pretty ok on gas too. Avg about 8l/100km.

Many motorists and parts places stocking your service and wear parts now too

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 26th, 2024, 9:00 pm

Good feedback there Nick and Dave
Thanks

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » March 27th, 2024, 12:02 pm

Prices on the electric line up from La fast.
Screenshot_20240327_115855_Yahoo Mail.jpg

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » March 28th, 2024, 12:32 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Any tuners have real world experience with the new Qashqais with the 1.3lT engine and the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross?

Curious to hear your thoughts on a comparison of the 2 once you drive them both.

After researching, I myself have those 2 vehicles at the top of my list as contenders for my next vehicle. But written and youtube reviews only tell part of the story.

Also sounds like the same female rep I dealt with at ANSA when I went to look at the EC a few weeks back. They had a few in stock still. When I went to check the Qashqai the rep said they were out of stock but expected to get sometime in April.

foreignused
Riding on 13's

Postby foreignused » March 28th, 2024, 10:31 am

Good Day Tuners,

I'd like some of your thoughts on the new Grand Vitara from Lifestyle. My dad getting down in age and is time for him to get rid of his Hilux.

He's willing to change to a SUV (he doesn't want a car) and the pricing of their Grand Vitara is quite appealing ($250,000 after their discount for the "fully loaded 4 wheel drive") and they're offering 5yrs warranty.

I'll admit it's 1.5L engine sounds puny but I think will be good enough for him. He's still to test drive so then we'll really see I guess. I must say it's coming with some nice features that makes it more appealing.

I'll appreciate any input. Thanks.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » March 28th, 2024, 10:35 am

The only place to get parts is Lifestyle.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 28th, 2024, 11:24 am

dredman1 wrote:

Curious to hear your thoughts on a comparison of the 2 once you drive them both.

After researching, I myself have those 2 vehicles at the top of my list as contenders for my next vehicle. But written and youtube reviews only tell part of the story.

Also sounds like the same female rep I dealt with at ANSA when I went to look at the EC a few weeks back. They had a few in stock still. When I went to check the Qashqai the rep said they were out of stock but expected to get sometime in April.
Will do on the test drive reviews.
On another note the rep I spoke with was out of the Chaguanas showroom. Dunno if that narrows it down for you.

So far just based on interior design the Qashqai is miles ahead. It's just so much nicer granted the showroom has the two tone Exclusive model only which wouldn't be what I would buy (the two tone is 10k more than the standard Exclusive). Also I been taking my eight year old on all the visits so far and he concurs the Qashqai is nicest inside. I tell all the reps he is the one they need to convince not me and he told the Ansa rep he like yesterday's (Qashqai) car better. Needless to say she wasn't pleased. The lack of rear air con vents is a big loss on the EC bc even my current has those and for a kid stuck in the back seat it's a plus.

Other observations - Qashqai has a bigger trunk, bigger interior (weird bc the Eclipse Cross longer).

The positives of the EC are the AWD and the bigger engine. My current ride is 4WD and I have a leaning to one again so that's definitely a consideration.

EC dash below
PXL_20240326_171559785.jpg
PXL_20240326_171601221.jpg

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » March 28th, 2024, 9:22 pm

foreignused wrote:Good Day Tuners,

I'd like some of your thoughts on the new Grand Vitara from Lifestyle. My dad getting down in age and is time for him to get rid of his Hilux.

He's willing to change to a SUV (he doesn't want a car) and the pricing of their Grand Vitara is quite appealing ($250,000 after their discount for the "fully loaded 4 wheel drive") and they're offering 5yrs warranty.

I'll admit it's 1.5L engine sounds puny but I think will be good enough for him. He's still to test drive so then we'll really see I guess. I must say it's coming with some nice features that makes it more appealing.

I'll appreciate any input. Thanks.

I hope you not trying to push him out of his hilux...if he like his vehicle leave him be.

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » March 29th, 2024, 8:26 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
dredman1 wrote:

Will do on the test drive reviews.
On another note the rep I spoke with was out of the Chaguanas showroom. Dunno if that narrows it down for you.

So far just based on interior design the Qashqai is miles ahead. It's just so much nicer granted the showroom has the two tone Exclusive model only which wouldn't be what I would buy (the two tone is 10k more than the standard Exclusive). Also I been taking my eight year old on all the visits so far and he concurs the Qashqai is nicest inside. I tell all the reps he is the one they need to convince not me and he told the Ansa rep he like yesterday's (Qashqai) car better. Needless to say she wasn't pleased. The lack of rear air con vents is a big loss on the EC bc even my current has those and for a kid stuck in the back seat it's a plus.

Other observations - Qashqai has a bigger trunk, bigger interior (weird bc the Eclipse Cross longer).

The positives of the EC are the AWD and the bigger engine. My current ride is 4WD and I have a leaning to one again so that's definitely a consideration.

EC dash below
PXL_20240326_171601221.jpg
PXL_20240326_171559785.jpg

Yep - it was Chaguanas showroom self.

Agreed that the Qashqai’s interior is the clear winner. The fully digital dash on the AWD model and rear vents did it for me. The EC’s interior looks a decade behind.

I’m split on looks with the 2, both have some styling elements I really like and some I dislike.

A couple other things the EC has going for it over the Qashqai is it has both port and direct injection, which solves the carbon deposit issue on valves with direct injection. And a major factor for me is it’s sold in the US, so when I need parts and the local dealers dont have in stock as usual, i can easily ship it in myself. The Qashqai isn’t sold in the US.

Also with the Qashqai, since I am looking at the AWD (non-2 tone) model for the interior tech, the 20” wheels are a major concern for me with our roads (both ride quality and wheel damage).

foreignused
Riding on 13's

Postby foreignused » March 29th, 2024, 8:39 pm

I hope you not trying to push him out of his hilux...if he like his vehicle leave him be.

Nah his shoulder has some bad arthritis and having to grip that handle to climb up into it is causing some bad pains. So even he is wanting to get rid of it.

He's surprisingly taken a liking to the Grand Vitara especially with that 5 yr warranty and price but we're not too familiar on the quality and dependability of Suzuki and worse now that it seems to be made in India.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » March 31st, 2024, 10:47 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:Prices on the electric line up from La fast.

Wonder if they’ll fulfill battery warranties for imported electric vehicles

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 1st, 2024, 9:18 am

foreignused wrote:

Nah his shoulder has some bad arthritis and having to grip that handle to climb up into it is causing some bad pains. So even he is wanting to get rid of it.

He's surprisingly taken a liking to the Grand Vitara especially with that 5 yr warranty and price but we're not too familiar on the quality and dependability of Suzuki and worse now that it seems to be made in India.
I have a Suzuki Swift from 2014 and it's proven to be a very good vehicle and very reliable. Granted the technology now is different especially with the mild hybrid in the GV.

What I have found is that the parts for Suzuki are very scarce and don't even seem to be as accessible online.

I stand corrected, but I believe only LSM sells parts.

Parts from LSM are very expensive.

Don't be fooled that the GV mild hybrid is anything great too... The hybrid is only for initial pull off after which it switches to the engine which they recharges the battery. You will get no range on the hybrid as it is not separately connected to the drive train.

IMO, have a look at other vehicles out there before taking the plunge: Nissan and Toyota being some options as they have easy access to parts.

If you're fixed on Suzuki, maybe have a look at some of the other vehicles in the lineup.

foreignused
Riding on 13's

Postby foreignused » April 1st, 2024, 8:33 pm

I have a Suzuki Swift from 2014 and it's proven to be a very good vehicle and very reliable. Granted the technology now is different especially with the mild hybrid in the GV.

What I have found is that the parts for Suzuki are very scarce and don't even seem to be as accessible online.

Don't be fooled that the GV mild hybrid is anything great too... The hybrid is only for initial pull off after which it switches to the engine which they recharges the battery. You will get no range on the hybrid as it is not separately connected to the drive train.

IMO, have a look at other vehicles out there before taking the plunge: Nissan and Toyota being some options as they have easy access to parts.

If you're fixed on Suzuki, maybe have a look at some of the other vehicles in the lineup.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I realized their so called "mild hybrid" is a gimmick. All it does is the start and stop function and does nothing really for the mileage. But not too concerned on mpg and mileage overall as he really doesn't drive far. Just grocery, market, pharmacy etc kinda runs.

I didn't realize parts are that hard to come by and how expensive it can be and worst yet how scare to get online. Thanks for the heads up on that.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » April 1st, 2024, 8:34 pm

foreignused wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I realized their so called "mild hybrid" is a gimmick. All it does is the start and stop function and does nothing really for the mileage. But not too concerned on mpg and mileage overall as he really doesn't drive far. Just grocery, market, pharmacy etc kinda runs.

I didn't realize parts are that hard to come by and how expensive it can be and worst yet how scare to get online. Thanks for the heads up on that.

The SX4 is the better buy.

The_Sus
Riding on 13's

Postby The_Sus » April 4th, 2024, 10:16 am

Bought an Eclipse Cross during the pandemic (2020) - ran beautifully but seemed to be a magnet for drama - had to replace some suspension parts after minor collision avoiding a moving object thrown in the road - absolutely none available on the local market new or used - main dealership here wanted me to order price unknown before they could give me a quote. Insurance Company sang the "not paying for importation" nonsense (how the parts getting on the car?) had to order through a third party to get full benefit (landed price).

All the Honda in the yard hated it and put a hex on it.

But it nice - just don't keep it anywhere near Hondas :( .

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » April 4th, 2024, 10:29 am

The_Sus wrote:

Bought an Eclipse Cross during the pandemic (2020) - ran beautifully but seemed to be a magnet for drama - had to replace some suspension parts after minor collision avoiding a moving object thrown in the road - absolutely none available on the local market new or used - main dealership here wanted me to order price unknown before they could give me a quote. Insurance Company sang the "not paying for importation" nonsense (how the parts getting on the car?) had to order through a third party to get full benefit (landed price).

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 4th, 2024, 10:44 am

The_Sus wrote:

Thanks man.
2020, the EC would have still been the one with the light across the whole back glass?

4Motion
3NE 2NR for life

Postby 4Motion » April 5th, 2024, 8:27 am

scotty_buttons wrote:
Country_Bookie wrote:Prices on the electric line up from La fast.

Wonder if they’ll fulfill battery warranties for imported electric vehicles

Pretty sure not.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 5th, 2024, 9:15 am

Supposed to have had a test drive with Massy on the Qashqai this week with the appt booked a week in advance. Turned up there on Tuesday and they couldn't get the car started,

Really not a good sign that a car company doesn't even check the cars they have for its workability. But with a current ride that is from Massy that doesn't seem out of place for them.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » April 5th, 2024, 11:50 am

Dizzy28 wrote:Supposed to have had a test drive with Massy on the Qashqai this week with the appt booked a week in advance. Turned up there on Tuesday and they couldn't get the car started,

Really not a good sign that a car company doesn't even check the cars they have for its workability. But with a current ride that is from Massy that doesn't seem out of place for them.

Even Matt from Carwow youtube had that same thing happened to him due to the transmission.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 7th, 2024, 10:34 am

Allyuh men does go through real dramas wrt to purchasing a vehicle though...

See it, like it, buy it....shrugs shoulders.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 8th, 2024, 10:15 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Allyuh men does go through real dramas wrt to purchasing a vehicle though...

See it, like it, buy it....shrugs shoulders.

On average it's the 2nd most expensive purchase you will make in your lifetime.
Why wouldn't rigorous due diligence be part of the process??

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 8th, 2024, 10:25 am

Everyone's different...its a car! It's not an asset.
Unless it's a project vehicle, I have never kept a vehicle more than 3 years. Never took a loan to buy a vehicle either (never saw the sense in paying interest for something that loses value).

Never bought a new vehicle nor do I intend to...Personally id just buy a decent used vehicle (quite a few around) and just sell after. Shrugs shoulders

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”