TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Habit7 » April 30th, 2024, 3:15 pm

The colour is too utilitarian but I am loving the old school vibes.

Tezzadude
Ricer

Postby Tezzadude » May 7th, 2024, 11:38 am

Update:

For years i used to park at a certain spot by the office but security change up spots based on rank apparently. So they send my ass down to the back closer to the trees. Initially i was thankful for the shade but then is one set ah leaf, tree bark, small twigs and bird sheit on my paint. Them car wash boys tried to clean it but I’m not satisfied. Now I’m looking to get a proper sealant for the car or wrap the finish in a clear plastic film. I think the clear coat is too thin. As soon as i buy car, these fcukers in hr now studying about assigned spots in the car park. Big watery steups…

I got replacement wheel caps online since the original ones went to their new pathetic spranger owners. Servicing is robbery at the company. I can get our 2 vehicles serviced for $1400. Material and labour which is less than half the price at the dealer. They say no service means you void warranty. I will be emailing Mazda directly to get some feedback on this. As the oil filters i got are genuine Mazda.

I ordered some accessories online and got them installed like the mud flaps and some interior trim etc. I got some positive reviews generally on the cars as I’m not the only one who staying far from dual clutch and CVT. One of the office vehicles is a dual clutch turbo suv and yesterday the driver start the car to run his errands and it won’t move into a gear. ROFL. Just last week the transmission was rattling like one of those clutches wanted to escape the bell housing. I told him them vehicle is to throw in the sea minus the fluids to encourage coral reef growth.

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » May 7th, 2024, 12:56 pm

dawg imagine if u did buy an expensive car nah

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 7th, 2024, 2:28 pm

Tezzadude wrote:Update:

For years i used to park at a certain spot by the office but security change up spots based on rank apparently. So they send my ass down to the back closer to the trees. Initially i was thankful for the shade but then is one set ah leaf, tree bark, small twigs and bird sheit on my paint. Them car wash boys tried to clean it but I’m not satisfied. Now I’m looking to get a proper sealant for the car or wrap the finish in a clear plastic film. I think the clear coat is too thin. As soon as i buy car, these fcukers in hr now studying about assigned spots in the car park. Big watery steups…

I got replacement wheel caps online since the original ones went to their new pathetic spranger owners. Servicing is robbery at the company. I can get our 2 vehicles serviced for $1400. Material and labour which is less than half the price at the dealer. They say no service means you void warranty. I will be emailing Mazda directly to get some feedback on this. As the oil filters i got are genuine Mazda.

I ordered some accessories online and got them installed like the mud flaps and some interior trim etc. I got some positive reviews generally on the cars as I’m not the only one who staying far from dual clutch and CVT. One of the office vehicles is a dual clutch turbo suv and yesterday the driver start the car to run his errands and it won’t move into a gear. ROFL. Just last week the transmission was rattling like one of those clutches wanted to escape the bell housing. I told him them vehicle is to throw in the sea minus the fluids to encourage coral reef growth.
Average on how much they asking to get the vehicle serviced

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » May 8th, 2024, 12:43 pm

Tezzadude wrote:Update:

1. You should have got the vehicles ceramic coated as you left the showroom
2. Once you not servicing at the dealership, your warranty will be pretty much voided. Does not matter if you use genuine OEM parts, the technician would need to be certified by the manufacturer (even though it may be a basic oil change and multi-point check).

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 8th, 2024, 12:50 pm

What are the BYD prices?

wing
Shifting into 6th

Postby wing » May 8th, 2024, 1:10 pm

Habit7 wrote:

What are the BYD prices?
Someone in another thread quoted 550k for the seal.

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » May 8th, 2024, 4:25 pm

wing wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

What are the BYD prices?

Last prices on BYD that I came across were:

- Yuan Plus - $395K
- Seal - $550K
- Dolphin - $325K - $349K

LSM has a new KGM (SsangYong) vehicle launching this Saturday, the Torres EVX at $375K. It uses a 73.4kWH battery pack that is made by BYD. It comes with a 10yr/1,000,000km warranty on the Lithium Ion battery pack.

foreignused
Riding on 13's

Postby foreignused » May 11th, 2024, 4:59 pm

After a lot and tiring visits to showrooms, my dad finally narrowed it down to 2 options, the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross (fully loaded/Dynamic+ for $350k) and the Mazda CX5 (high spec/Core+ for $362k).

The Eclipse Cross is pretty nicely equipped though interior felt more plastic like and didn't include the heads up display like the CX5. Also no rear AC vents and front has old USB A ports and tbh I find the exterior look on the ugly side.

The CX5 had a nicer interior (felt more premium) and features seemed more except no sun/moon roof and its display was small and not touch screen though I prefer using the rotary knob for inputting. Also the high spec is currently the 2023 and not the 2024 facelift of the basic where the exterior trim is painted and not plastic black as before.

Both drove really well, nice smooth ride taking the bumps well with mild exterior noise. Though surprisingly, I did find the Eclipse Cross being a bit more preppy in acceleration with it 1.5L turbo compared to the 2.0L of the CX5. But the steering was firmer (which I tend to like) in the CX5 which felt like it gave a bit more control.

Overall we may be leaning more to the CX5 but my dad is liking the whole 3 yrs insurance and 2 yrs free servicing if using ANSA financing.

So again just asking for some feedback please. What do you guys think?

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » May 11th, 2024, 4:59 pm

Capleton wrote:
wing wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

What are the BYD prices?

- Yuan Plus - $395K
- Seal - $550K

LSM has a new KGM (SsangYong) vehicle launching this Saturday, the Torres EVX at $375K. It uses a 73.4kWH battery pack that is made by BYD. It comes with a 10yr/1,000,000km warranty on the Lithium Ion battery pack.
I see Toyota parting with byd to use their battery tech in the next few years, should give people some peace of mind seeing that even Toyota using them as suppliers in the future.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 11th, 2024, 10:02 pm

foreignused wrote:After a lot and tiring visits to showrooms, my dad finally narrowed it down to 2 options, the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross (fully loaded/Dynamic+ for $350k) and the Mazda CX5 (high spec/Core+ for $362k).

The Eclipse Cross is pretty nicely equipped though interior felt more plastic like and didn't include the heads up display like the CX5. Also no rear AC vents and front has old USB A ports and tbh I find the exterior look on the ugly side.

The CX5 had a nicer interior (felt more premium) and features seemed more except no sun/moon roof and its display was small and not touch screen though I prefer using the rotary knob for inputting. Also the high spec is currently the 2023 and not the 2024 facelift of the basic where the exterior trim is painted and not plastic black as before.

Both drove really well, nice smooth ride taking the bumps well with mild exterior noise. Though surprisingly, I did find the Eclipse Cross being a bit more preppy in acceleration with it 1.5L turbo compared to the 2.0L of the CX5. But the steering was firmer (which I tend to like) in the CX5 which felt like it gave a bit more control.

Overall we may be leaning more to the CX5 but my dad is liking the whole 3 yrs insurance and 2 yrs free servicing if using ANSA financing.

Current Mazda build quality is far superior to Mitsu.

Plus a 2.0L NA engine will give you better longevity than a 1.5L turbo

Kritical01
Ricer

Postby Kritical01 » May 11th, 2024, 10:50 pm

Cx5 all the way bro.
The infotainment screen can be used as a touch screen when the vehicle is parked. The rotary dial is very intuitive and soon you will easily navigate the menu.
The core plus also has a Bose sound system which is impressive.
The seats of the cx5 is very comfortable for longer trips vs the mistu. Overall built quality is the Mazda is impressive. The front windscreen and front windows are acoustic glass, which support better noise insulation.
Open and shut the doors of both vehicles and the Mazda has a more hefty feel and sound to it.
Personally, I had 2 cx5 (core and core+) never had an issue with either. Very refined and fun drive.

Tezzadude
Ricer

Postby Tezzadude » May 12th, 2024, 12:38 pm

Let me address some things and answer sum questions.

The part about me not coating the car upon delivery is entirely my fault. Is Just that I didn't have the 6k sitting there to do it after making 2 big purchases. It's 6k x 2 cause I can't just do mine and leave wifey own out.

The finish has paint swirls on it so eventually I'll need to correct it. But a professional told me the Mazda colour pallet is very hard to maintain. Why? Because the clear coat is too thin and if you get a scratch that needs touching up, it is almost impossible to blend the finish to keep the same identical shade.

For the fella who mentioned the Mazda certified technician thing, ihu, but you know that is proven bs right?
It has been discussed debated and argued at large across the web about this warranty void thing. The training available outside of a manufacturer is most times more comprehensive and professional. What is a Mazda certified master technician? Them fellas resume have external qualifications thats why they got the job in the first place. Then after watching some presentations or being trained with a PowerPoint by some guy from the manufacturer, you automatically become a certified tech lol.

What is so technical in changing oil and filter? Especially when you use genuine filters? That has zero relation to my transmission or my shocks or engine mounts. It's all a money making thing.

If I had the US, I would have brought down my own CX5 from Japan and tell SS to hdmc. I feel I won't go back to service. I know I'm generally safe with my car hence the reason why I bought it but if you happen to have some Tucson/kia/byd/Protun/sanyong or MG product, make sure and keep the warranty. Gotta admit them owners for those brands got balls.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » May 12th, 2024, 4:26 pm

On purchase you signed a contract with Southern Sales that to maintain your warranty you need to service with them.

Only thing that can supersede that is if we had a law on the books that specifically states that any qualified technician in any institution could service your vehicle without hurting your warranty. The US has that law but we don't.

If you have that much of an issue, take the dealership to court and try to set a precedent.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 12th, 2024, 5:58 pm

foreignused wrote:After a lot and tiring visits to showrooms, my dad finally narrowed it down to 2 options, the Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross (fully loaded/Dynamic+ for $350k) and the Mazda CX5 (high spec/Core+ for $362k).

The inone package with Ansa now is with ANSA Bank and it works out to a financing rate of 9.something percent.

Banks offering 4.25 to 4.75% currently on new cars. Scotia and RBL also offering cash backs of up to 5,000

It's probably cheaper to finance outside and pay for your insurance and service separately. Also Ansa has mortgage/legal fees now. In the old Inone, Ansa Merchant Bank didn't have it or it was rolled in the overall package.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using TriniTuner mobile app

Kritical01
Ricer

Postby Kritical01 » May 12th, 2024, 7:48 pm

Heard that Massy warranty requirements for the new Tucson is every 3 months/5,000kms
This is a real rip off if it’s true

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » May 13th, 2024, 8:05 am

madza
+ made in Japan
+ greater fit and finish
+ great audio
+ strong engine once maintained well

- Southern Sales :)
- less parts available - domestically aka none in d bamboo
- maintainace schedule SS strikes again.
- $$$

when i was looking around about 2 years ago the only reason the Subaru XV won was ground clearance, all wheel drive and of course $$$ (cost was significantly less at that time)

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » May 14th, 2024, 4:25 pm

death365 wrote:madza
+ made in Japan
+ greater fit and finish
+ great audio

- $$$

when i was looking around about 2 years ago the only reason the Subaru XV won was ground clearance, all wheel drive and of course $$$ (cost was significantly less at that time)

Other factor to consider is that the present generation CX5 is about 7-8 years old, it's due for a model change soon. So could be you buy one in 2024 and by 2025 the new one is launched. The reps won't tell you this since they gotta sell what they have.

wing
Shifting into 6th

Postby wing » May 14th, 2024, 9:03 pm

Capleton wrote:
death365 wrote:madza
+ made in Japan
+ greater fit and finish
+ great audio

- $$$

Other factor to consider is that the present generation CX5 is about 7-8 years old, it's due for a model change soon. So could be you buy one in 2024 and by 2025 the new one is launched. The reps won't tell you this since they gotta sell what they have.
The other factor is the new cx5 is going to be hybrid, so that's a consideration for those who still don't trust the tech

Kritical01
Ricer

Postby Kritical01 » May 15th, 2024, 9:59 pm

Despite the age of this cx5 generation, you have the assurance knowing that any issues have been corrected by the manufacturer over the years vs purchasing a new model which has limited runtime/ real world testing.

Tezzadude
Ricer

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Tezzadude » May 16th, 2024, 12:47 am

This is my understanding of the Mazda suv world.

Mx-30 is a new entry
Cx-30 replaced cx-3 which still sells
Cx-40 to replace cx-4 in China
Cx-50 to replace cx-5 which still sells
Cx-60 is a new entry
Cx-70 replaced the Cx-7
Cx-80 to replace Cx-8
Cx-90 replaced Cx-9

Real unfortunate that Mazda would definitely be going hybrid with the new replacement models. I mean just look at it above. From cx60 to cx90 is hybrid so is only a matter of time that 30 to 50 becomes hybrid too. The Mx30 is already available as a EV.

wing
Shifting into 6th

Postby wing » May 16th, 2024, 6:08 am

Tezzadude wrote:This is my understanding of the Mazda suv world.

Mx-30 is a new entry
Cx-30 replaced cx-3 which still sells
Cx-40 to replace cx-4 in China
Cx-50 to replace cx-5 which still sells
Cx-60 is a new entry
Cx-70 replaced the Cx-7
Cx-80 to replace Cx-8
Cx-90 replaced Cx-9

Real unfortunate that Mazda would definitely be going hybrid with the new replacement models. I mean just look at it above. From cx60 to cx90 is hybrid so is only a matter of time that 30 to 50 becomes hybrid too. The Mx30 is already available as a EV.
The CX 5 will not be replaced but will sit alongside the CX 50 and be a hybrid.

The CX 70/80/90 all have non hybrid straight 6 and turbo 6 variants both gas and diesel. Electrification is the only way to meet emissions targets for manufacturers right now until things like synthetic fuel, hydrogen etc can be commercialised.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 21st, 2024, 10:23 am

Just when the 7 seater couldn’t get cooler

IMG_0418.jpeg

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 21st, 2024, 12:49 pm

North South runner!

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » May 21st, 2024, 9:05 pm

Habit7 wrote:Just when the 7 seater couldn’t get cooler

IMG_0418.jpeg

Sooo....competitor for the xpander cross, rush, livina, ertiga? All thats missing on the market is the Carens.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 22nd, 2024, 6:21 am

Livinia and Rush are no longer relevant. The Brv is in the mix with the 7s.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 22nd, 2024, 9:07 pm

Passed in Toyota today to checkout the Rav4s. Saw this beaut..a Crown hybrid
Screenshot_20240522-210605.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using TriniTuner mobile app

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 22nd, 2024, 10:09 pm

zando wrote:
Capleton wrote:
wing wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

What are the BYD prices?

- Yuan Plus - $395K
- Seal - $550K

I see Toyota parting with byd to use their battery tech in the next few years, should give people some peace of mind seeing that even Toyota using them as suppliers in the future.

BYD is a battery company that has to maintain standards since it supplies Tesla and other car companies. I not worried about their batteries lasting since its proven tech and it is Li iron phosphate tech chemistry which is more stable than the Li Ni Cobalt that the western companies using.

What i am not convinced of is their ability to make the rest of the car. Can their suspension hold up on our roads, will the aircon compressor last. Will the electricals in the car take a dump on your wallet???

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 23rd, 2024, 9:55 am

Well EVs are far cheaper to maintain than ICE. It has been a few years now and with the new wave of Chinese vehicles that have come into the country, I haven't heard of horror stories yet. But the local BYD is offering 6yrs warranty which I believe is unmatched by any local dealer. That is a near maintenance free car if you ask me, sell it after 6yrs.

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » May 23rd, 2024, 2:57 pm

Habit7 wrote:Well EVs are far cheaper to maintain than ICE. It has been a few years now and with the new wave of Chinese vehicles that have come into the country, I haven't heard of horror stories yet. But the local BYD is offering 6yrs warranty which I believe is unmatched by any local dealer. That is a near maintenance free car if you ask me, sell it after 6yrs.

Is it a straight 6 year warranty or is there mileage associated with it? The warranty on their Lithium Ion batteries is 8 years/150,000km. Funny enough the SsangYong/KGM Torres EVX uses a BYD battery but gives you a 10 year/ 1,000,000km warranty on the battery pack, with a 5 year/100,000km warranty on the vehicle.

I think GWM also has a 6 year /150,000km warranty on their vehicles with free scheduled servicing for 5 years/ 100,00km.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”