TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Forza_Milano
Riding on 13's

Re: NEW VEHICLE PRICES IN TRINIDAD & TOBAGO

Postby Forza_Milano » March 30th, 2013, 8:35 pm

any news or updates RE: Nissan Navara 2013/14 model? Is it expected to take the shape of the New Pathfinder?

Also reliably informed that Massy will be bringing the new Pathfinder in Sept this year!!!

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » March 30th, 2013, 8:49 pm

Forza_Milano wrote:any news or updates RE: Nissan Navara 2013/14 model? Is it expected to take the shape of the New Pathfinder?

Also reliably informed that Massy will be bringing the new Pathfinder in Sept this year!!!

That new pathfinder is a serious piece of failure. They went from a real SUV to a obzocky crossover.

Forza_Milano
Riding on 13's

Postby Forza_Milano » March 30th, 2013, 9:27 pm

i agree - das why i hoping the Navara ent come out like dat!!!

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » March 30th, 2013, 9:43 pm

Forza_Milano wrote:i agree - das why i hoping the Navara ent come out like dat!!!

Doubt they gonna do that.

Was now reading that it's based on a different platform, and no longer a body on chassis design. Same platform as the Murano. And sad part is, it's FWD - AWD. blehh...... nissan failing :shock:

Forza_Milano
Riding on 13's

Postby Forza_Milano » March 30th, 2013, 10:05 pm

good lord @ FWD....

maybe bring the titan to compete with the 3.2L Ford? Not sure how that 5.8L though!
what yah think?

tourniquet
punchin NOS

Postby tourniquet » March 31st, 2013, 6:47 pm

aidan wrote:
Forza_Milano wrote:i agree - das why i hoping the Navara ent come out like dat!!!

Was now reading that it's based on a different platform, and no longer a body on chassis design. Same platform as the Murano. And sad part is, it's FWD - AWD. blehh...... nissan failing :shock:

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being the best selling generation pathfinder ever. We can't blame Nissan for giving the market what it demands :fadein:

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » April 1st, 2013, 12:38 am

tourniquet wrote:
aidan wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being the best selling generation pathfinder ever. We can't blame Nissan for giving the market what it demands :fadein:

Yep, I agree. Nissan is a business, and they need to sell vehicles. The new pathfinder is a response to what the market wants, and purist 4wd enthusiasts make up less than 2%. But real offroad capable SUV's starting to disappear quickly.

Adjudicator
Street 2NR

Postby Adjudicator » April 1st, 2013, 7:56 am

Just to side track a bit, does anyone know if the ASX uses super or premium?

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » April 1st, 2013, 9:36 am

premium

MadCrix
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby MadCrix » April 1st, 2013, 9:36 am

uses super

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » April 1st, 2013, 9:48 am

humm u sure?
saw one with 95+ octane on cover

blacklight
Sweet on this forum

Postby blacklight » April 1st, 2013, 8:57 pm

That 95+ octane confuses me! Saw one with "super unleaded 95" is it our super unleaded which has a 92 octane level or 95 premium.......

NorStar2K
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby NorStar2K » April 2nd, 2013, 12:38 am

This should resolve this debate:
Attachments
NP Octane Ratings.jpg

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » April 2nd, 2013, 12:18 pm

The terms "super" and "premium" are globally subjective. In countries where a lot of our vehicles are manufactured, super is 95RON or even more, and premium can be as high as 102RON.

Ignore this super and premium nonsense and pay attention to the actual RON number. If it says 95 in the case of the ASX, it means it uses premium locally, despite the word "super" appearing. All that means is that in Japan or whereever it came from, that's the super rating there.

Adjudicator
Street 2NR

Postby Adjudicator » April 2nd, 2013, 9:21 pm

Well that rules out the ASX, the amount of driving I do premium at it's current price would be very unwise for me.
I was half holding out for a 1.6TDi Mk 7 Golf (which I heard they were bringing at the end of the year) but I'm beginning to doubt that's gonna happen

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » April 2nd, 2013, 9:24 pm

^^^ accent turbo diesel maybe?

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » April 2nd, 2013, 11:25 pm

I've always wondered how those tdi would handle our diesel.

Heard stories from truck owners who bought newer trucks from JP and had to bring techs in to reprogram ecu's and add extra filters.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » April 3rd, 2013, 12:40 am

Swisha wrote:
worksux101 wrote: I chose the fully loaded Sportage, as obviously the feature list is much longer and safety wise its near comparable to the Rav4 and everything else in its class. The ride is a little stiffer but around corners you do feel more secure and less body roll, which i much prefer. The brakes are quite good and power is decent enough for an SUV.

how has your experience been so far in terms of the vehicle itself and after sales service?

test drove the Rav4 and Sportage today and leaning more towards the Sportage.

Just got your pm. Did extensive research on both (and others available in class) together with multiple visits to companies and test drives before choosing the Sportage.

Ultimately in terms of safety, the fully loaded sportage is near par with the Rav so that wasnt an issue.
What sold it to me was the interior (which you spend most of the time around your car in), and the driving experience, not to mention the feature list was alot longer.
The Rav is certainly easier to drive, however i like to have full control of my car and the speed sensitive steering, while comfy, prevents that. I rather the consistency and feedback provided in the Sportage. Also, the Sportage has less body roll and imho better braking and power.
Looks are obviously subjective to the owner, as is interior comfort.
Service wise - i had a Koup before and my main grouse is that they dont have multiple service centres like NM (neither do toyota mind you). Price and waiting times are pretty much the same at both companies.
Alot of people are sold on the Toyota name, however they've had a lot more recalls recently than Kia, and also the Sportage has been out near 3 years with no major issues. In fact it has a 10yr warranty in the US and a 7yr in England, which recieves a similar spec to us.
My Koup still drives as if it came out the showroom, and thats 2 and a half years and 50k km later, so i've got no complaints with reliability etc.
Not saying the Rav isnt a good vehicle, but if going fully loaded, i'd say Sportage

EcoTune Trinidad
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby EcoTune Trinidad » April 3rd, 2013, 6:17 am

Adjudicator wrote:Well that rules out the ASX, the amount of driving I do premium at it's current price would be very unwise for me.
I was half holding out for a 1.6TDi Mk 7 Golf (which I heard they were bringing at the end of the year) but I'm beginning to doubt that's gonna happen

They are actually bringing the 1.2tsi instead as was reliably told...and pricing would be obviously lower than the jetta..question is....how much lower..

Adjudicator
Street 2NR

Postby Adjudicator » April 3rd, 2013, 3:26 pm

I heard somewhere that the diesel accent is also no longer available, not sure how true that is.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » April 3rd, 2013, 10:17 pm

worksux101 wrote:
Swisha wrote:
worksux101 wrote: I chose the fully loaded Sportage, as obviously the feature list is much longer and safety wise its near comparable to the Rav4 and everything else in its class. The ride is a little stiffer but around corners you do feel more secure and less body roll, which i much prefer. The brakes are quite good and power is decent enough for an SUV.

how has your experience been so far in terms of the vehicle itself and after sales service?

test drove the Rav4 and Sportage today and leaning more towards the Sportage.

Just got your pm. Did extensive research on both (and others available in class) together with multiple visits to companies and test drives before choosing the Sportage.

Ultimately in terms of safety, the fully loaded sportage is near par with the Rav so that wasnt an issue.
What sold it to me was the interior (which you spend most of the time around your car in), and the driving experience, not to mention the feature list was alot longer.
The Rav is certainly easier to drive, however i like to have full control of my car and the speed sensitive steering, while comfy, prevents that. I rather the consistency and feedback provided in the Sportage. Also, the Sportage has less body roll and imho better braking and power.
Looks are obviously subjective to the owner, as is interior comfort.
Service wise - i had a Koup before and my main grouse is that they dont have multiple service centres like NM (neither do toyota mind you). Price and waiting times are pretty much the same at both companies.
Alot of people are sold on the Toyota name, however they've had a lot more recalls recently than Kia, and also the Sportage has been out near 3 years with no major issues. In fact it has a 10yr warranty in the US and a 7yr in England, which recieves a similar spec to us.
My Koup still drives as if it came out the showroom, and thats 2 and a half years and 50k km later, so i've got no complaints with reliability etc.
Not saying the Rav isnt a good vehicle, but if going fully loaded, i'd say Sportage

Nice lil review there!!!

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » April 4th, 2013, 12:04 am

^Can give a rundown on all the others in that class (local CUV/SUV market).

crazychinee
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby crazychinee » April 4th, 2013, 5:25 am

I noticed the price of the Cayman is still listed at $800,000; updated for 2013?

gundelero
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby gundelero » April 4th, 2013, 8:31 am

^^ "cayman" yuh say???

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » April 4th, 2013, 9:09 am

worksux101 wrote:^Can give a rundown on all the others in that class (local CUV/SUV market).

thanks for the review.

the Tucson was looking like the more attractive buy @ $277k till i realised it didnt have bluetooth, reverse camera or push to start unless u went with the fully loaded 4x4 option @ $300k+

gundelero
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby gundelero » April 4th, 2013, 9:12 am

^^ Does the kia sportage have bluetooth, reverse camera, push start?

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » April 4th, 2013, 10:03 am

^the fully loaded 4x2 for $290k does

gundelero
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby gundelero » April 4th, 2013, 10:16 am

ok interesting

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » April 4th, 2013, 10:28 am

the $290k Sportage also comes with DRLs. something else the Tucson doesnt have...

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » April 4th, 2013, 11:07 am

The Tucson is an overrated electronically faulty mess!

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”