TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

DeepBlu3
Riding on 13's

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby DeepBlu3 » April 29th, 2022, 12:29 pm

Good day all

Amazing information in this thread, as someone not versed in all the technicalities of vehicles, this thread has provided much insight on things to be aware of. I am currently considering the purchase of a new vehicle with a budget of around 200k. I know this limits my options quite a bit but due to the economy and things in general I would prefer to keep it at that.

My needs are quite simple tbh, sufficient safety features, reliability, availability/cost of parts. All other features and niceties would be a plus as I would be coming from a D22 Frontier. I have considered the undermentioned but with reserve for reasons mentioned. Was evening thinking of going grey market and getting a simple non-hybrid Axio or Fielder Wagon but I know is a chance of rolled back mileage plus the general after sales support of the unit.

Any advice on the listed or otherwise; including grey market would be greatly appreciated as I would likely keep this vehicle for sometime, lets say 5 maybe 10 years.

Swift - leading choice but cost and availability of parts through Lifestyle is questionable
Vitara - same concerns as the Swift, was also looking at the one being offered by BessMotors sometime back although a bit above budget
Mazda 3 - good looks and good features but I have heard much horror stories about SSL
Sentra - too basic for the price being asked imo

I willfully left out the Korean market as I would prefer not to give myself additional headaches at this time.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 29th, 2022, 1:16 pm

DeepBlu3 wrote:Good day all

Amazing information in this thread, as someone not versed in all the technicalities of vehicles, this thread has provided much insight on things to be aware of. I am currently considering the purchase of a new vehicle with a budget of around 200k. I know this limits my options quite a bit but due to the economy and things in general I would prefer to keep it at that.

My needs are quite simple tbh, sufficient safety features, reliability, availability/cost of parts. All other features and niceties would be a plus as I would be coming from a D22 Frontier. I have considered the undermentioned but with reserve for reasons mentioned. Was evening thinking of going grey market and getting a simple non-hybrid Axio or Fielder Wagon but I know is a chance of rolled back mileage plus the general after sales support of the unit.

Any advice on the listed or otherwise; including grey market would be greatly appreciated as I would likely keep this vehicle for sometime, lets say 5 maybe 10 years.

Swift - leading choice but cost and availability of parts through Lifestyle is questionable
Vitara - same concerns as the Swift, was also looking at the one being offered by BessMotors sometime back although a bit above budget
Mazda 3 - good looks and good features but I have heard much horror stories about SSL

I willfully left out the Korean market as I would prefer not to give myself additional headaches at this time.
Mazda 3.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 29th, 2022, 1:35 pm

$200k is plenty money.

Brand new:

Honda City CNG (if this is your kinda thing)
Mazda 3
Suzuki Baleno
Suzuki Ciaz
Suzuki Swift
Toyota Raize
Toyota Yaris

Or a roro Nissan Sylphy B17 (JDM) with the 1.8 engine. You can also get a roro 2019 Nissan Leaf. No more gas bills for you.

For 200k, you can get a 2018 Eclipse Cross from Bess Motors. Speaking of Bess Motors, you can get the Vios equivalent of the Yaris with a 1.5 engine too.

If you leaning on new then Mazda 3 it is. You don't have to worry about SS and their lack of support or parts cause these new Mazdas would run trouble free for years.

The Baleno and Ciaz are surpsingly reliable and economical on gas too.

I know you prefer to stay away from the South Korean brands and I don't blame you but the Accent 1.6 with sunroof for $185k is pretty nice.

Wolfgang123
Street 2NR

Postby Wolfgang123 » April 29th, 2022, 1:53 pm

Hey guys, does any company have any 1.5 ton transport trucks in automatic?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » April 29th, 2022, 2:20 pm

Well you got me there…..I’m stumped!

DeepBlu3
Riding on 13's

Postby DeepBlu3 » April 29th, 2022, 6:24 pm

zando wrote:

Mazda 3.
I appreciate the response, may I ask why that was your choice?

DeepBlu3
Riding on 13's

Postby DeepBlu3 » April 29th, 2022, 6:44 pm

agent007 wrote:$200k is plenty money.

Brand new:

Honda City CNG (if this is your kinda thing)
Mazda 3
Suzuki Baleno
Suzuki Ciaz
Suzuki Swift
Toyota Raize
Toyota Yaris

Or a roro Nissan Sylphy B17 (JDM) with the 1.8 engine. You can also get a roro 2019 Nissan Leaf. No more gas bills for you.

For 200k, you can get a 2018 Eclipse Cross from Bess Motors. Speaking of Bess Motors, you can get the Vios equivalent of the Yaris with a 1.5 engine too.

If you leaning on new then Mazda 3 it is. You don't have to worry about SS and their lack of support or parts cause these new Mazdas would run trouble free for years.

The Baleno and Ciaz are surpsingly reliable and economical on gas too.

I know you prefer to stay away from the South Korean brands and I don't blame you but the Accent 1.6 with sunroof for $185k is pretty nice.
Yep it's alot of money, trying to get as much info as I can to make an informed purchase.

CNG is not my cup of tea tbh nor is electric, as useful as saving that money on fuel I'm not 100% sold on it.

I'll visit some roro dealers to have a look and maybe test drive the Sylphy, will do the same for the Mazda 3 since it's recommended as well. The 5 year warranty being offered by Lifestyle atm is very enticing hence my inclination to the Swift. Not too fond on the designs of the Yaris and Raize.

Guess I have some in-person homework to do to see which best would suit me and my needs. Will leave the Accent as maybe a last resort check, although it does seem pretty well equipped. Strangely enough I'm not bother by a sunroof lol, have one and use it maybe once a year.

Greatly appreciate the time and information given tho, it has definitely helped!

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 30th, 2022, 4:44 am

A familiar name would be joining our shores once again going from compact to subcompact.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 30th, 2022, 2:01 pm

Dave wrote:A familiar name would be joining our shores once again going from compact to subcompact.
Sounds like a Mitsubishi

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 30th, 2022, 2:03 pm

DeepBlu3 wrote:
zando wrote:

Mazda 3.
I've done a lot of research on this also and compared models, feature for feature for 200k the Mazda 3 has everyone beat and their quality, reliability and driveability has gone up a lot, I'm still a Subaru guy but for the price Mazda 3 can't be beat.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » May 1st, 2022, 2:07 pm

I need a list of hybrid suvs on the market right now. Crossovers are acceptable too.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 1st, 2022, 4:29 pm

Easy:

Toyota RAV4 (special order)
Toyota Corolla Cross
Honda HRV (Vezel in grey market)
Kia Niro
Volvo XC40
Volvo XC60
Volvo XC90
Porsche Cayenne
Benz GLE
Benz GLS

Please note, some of the vehicles above do not come hybrid in base/regular trim. Hybrid drivetrain is dependent on certain trims you order while some like the Niro are standard hybrid.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » May 2nd, 2022, 11:09 am

agent007 wrote:Easy:

Toyota RAV4 (special order)
Toyota Corolla Cross
Honda HRV (Vezel in grey market)
Kia Niro
Volvo XC40
Volvo XC60
Volvo XC90
Porsche Cayenne
Benz GLE
Benz GLS

Please note, some of the vehicles above do not come hybrid in base/regular trim. Hybrid drivetrain is dependent on certain trims you order while some like the Niro are standard hybrid.

Not sure if Xtrail is hybrid?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 2nd, 2022, 1:04 pm

Yes bro but those XH's were grey market imports only and the dealers stopped importing them since 2017, hence you may not see one with a PDW plate or later. If you happen to see one, those were probably in the country before the concessions were revised in the 17' budget statement.

DeepBlu3
Riding on 13's

Postby DeepBlu3 » May 2nd, 2022, 1:28 pm

zando wrote:
DeepBlu3 wrote:
zando wrote:

Mazda 3.
I've done a lot of research on this also and compared models, feature for feature for 200k the Mazda 3 has everyone beat and their quality, reliability and driveability has gone up a lot, I'm still a Subaru guy but for the price Mazda 3 can't be beat.
Appreciate the feedback. From my initial research the price to performance/features really do seem unmatched.

Will touch back after in person viewing and test drives etc.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » May 3rd, 2022, 9:42 am

Thanks much for info...

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » May 7th, 2022, 6:59 am

When a vehicle say Ron 90 or higher , does that mean I can use super and/or premium?
Screenshot_20220507-065917_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 7th, 2022, 7:02 am

That is super territory.
93 and over is premium.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » May 7th, 2022, 11:59 am

death365 wrote:When a vehicle say Ron 90 or higher , does that mean I can use super and/or premium? Screenshot_20220507-065917_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

What is the vehicle you referring to?

LLW
Riding on 13's

Postby LLW » May 7th, 2022, 4:10 pm

Hi,

Any idea on the pricing of this? Seems to be a new offering from ANSA Automotive:

ANSA-Honda-BR-V.JPG

ANSA-Honda-BR-V-Rear.JPG
ANSA-Honda-BR-V-Rear.JPG (21.25 KiB) Viewed 1327 times

https://www.hondatrinidad.net/car/brv

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » May 7th, 2022, 8:20 pm

Subaru xv 1.6i (from showroom brand new)
Gladiator wrote:
death365 wrote:When a vehicle say Ron 90 or higher , does that mean I can use super and/or premium? Screenshot_20220507-065917_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 7th, 2022, 9:59 pm

Don't they say those xv's supposed to use premium?

Pirate
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Pirate » May 7th, 2022, 9:59 pm

death365 wrote:Subaru xv 1.6i (from showroom brand new)
Gladiator wrote:

What is the RON requirement in the Manual?
The previous pic looks like an online pic.

In my Forester it says 95 RON Recommended.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » May 8th, 2022, 6:07 am

They saying premium but the online manual saying Ron 90 or higher.

Pirate wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » May 8th, 2022, 7:43 am

All local Subarus require 95RON. The Australian spec FB20 can take minimum 91RON but let's not get confused with that.

In the US/Canada (North America), the FB20 is tuned for 87AKI or 90RON and higher.

The WRX and STi in North America is tuned for 93AKI or 98RON however using 95RON is fine albeit with reduced output.

It is important to note that our super, despite being advertised at 92RON is tested to be closer to 93RON. Our premium is advertised at 95RON and is tested to be exactly that.

I am also very sure that all those roro imported Imprezas and XV's with the FB16 engine, that those owners are filling up with super and all is well.

I personally cannot see how 93RON super can destroy a FB16 port injected engine even equipped with a modern knock sensor. If it were direct injected turbo, then I would have understood, but not port injected and naturally aspirated.

Super should be fine strictly for the FB16 but that is just my opinion. If there are any Subaru techs in this forum who are willing to give us a helping hand here, I'm all ears.
Screenshot_20220508-073858_Samsung%20Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220508-004952_Drive.jpg

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » May 8th, 2022, 9:00 am

Oh I was watching the Australian site. When I get it... I'll try both from empty and see
agent007 wrote:All local Subarus require 95RON. The Australian spec FB20 can take minimum 91RON but let's not get confused with that.

In the US/Canada (North America), the FB20 is tuned for 87AKI or 90RON and higher.

The WRX and STi in North America is tuned for 93AKI or 98RON however using 95RON is fine albeit with reduced output.

It is important to note that our super, despite being advertised at 92RON is tested to be closer to 93RON. Our premium is advertised at 95RON and is tested to be exactly that.

I am also very sure that all those roro imported Imprezas and XV's with the FB16 engine, that those owners are filling up with super and all is well.

I personally cannot see how 93RON super can destroy a FB16 port injected engine even equipped with a modern knock sensor. If it were direct injected turbo, then I would have understood, but not port injected and naturally aspirated.

Super should be fine strictly for the FB16 but that is just my opinion. If there are any Subaru techs in this forum who are willing to give us a helping hand here, I'm all ears.
Screenshot_20220508-004952_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20220508-073858_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

Pirate
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Pirate » May 8th, 2022, 12:58 pm

death365 wrote:They saying premium but the online manual saying Ron 90 or higher.

Pirate wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

I meant the printed manual that came with the car.
Online can vary as the car is tuned for different markets even though they have the same engine.
Also to be 100% safe you can take some logs for a pull and see if there is any knocking.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » May 8th, 2022, 7:30 pm

death365 wrote:They saying premium but the online manual saying Ron 90 or higher.

Pirate wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

Boyyyyy best to use the 95 and done, pay a little more now but you'll avoid any future possible complications due to our horrible gas.

I used to use super in my TS back in the day, even though massy said 95, the car just felt less peppy on super, but that was a 2007 ej so ....

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 8th, 2022, 9:16 pm

Most modern cars will feel much better with higher octane but if you are puttering around in low speed areas, I don't think high octane would really make a difference other than at the pump.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » May 8th, 2022, 9:35 pm

It can help with low speed preignition. Lots of these new small engine turbo GDI cars knock at low speed-high load events.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”