TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby carluva » July 11th, 2022, 8:37 am

Just as the residents of Beetham Gardens have united, protested and gained attention, consumers in Trinidad and Tobago need to do the same and start taking action to try to curb these dealers from price gouging.

The grey market dealers need to be regulated as they do consume foreign exchange on poor quality products. Some action needs to be taken against these persons too.

Too many grey market dealers have profited from consumers at the expense of the consumer.

This needs to stop.

mtec
Street 2NR

Postby mtec » July 11th, 2022, 8:56 am

When one purchases a vehicle from a roro dealer in any of the above mentioned sub categories, exactly what is warranted/covered in the "warranty "? Can a current or past owner say? Does one get all the warranty info in detail before purchase or in writing upon purchasing?
And to be completely fair, don't hesitate to ask for warranty details on new cars before purchasing. It is easily accessible to the sales rep. Its in the glove box or with the manual, packed away right there in the showroom until the car is registered.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » July 11th, 2022, 9:11 am

carluva wrote:When one speaks of RORO, there should be a distinction to what one is referring to. IMO, RORO actually refers to grey market car dealers and these can fall into one of three categories.

1 - Reputable Grey Market dealers who sell second hand vehicles from an overseas market (RORO).
2- Scamp Grey Market dealers who sell second hand vehicles from an overseas market.
3 - Grey Market dealers who sell new vehicles from and overseas market.

There is actually a fourth category called knock down which is where the vehicle was basically disassembled at source country and then reassembled in T&T. I will not chat about these in my post as these were long since banned by the GORTT, perhaps 20+ years ago.

From the factory, a second hand vehicle from an overseas market was never meant for the T&T market, which is why there were great differences in standard features available on these vehicles versus their new counterparts sold in T&T. Some of the standard features were better while some posed issues for persons as described by agent007.

Now, for the first category, there would be a few dealers who built a reputation for importing vehicles which were "true to form". In other words, when that dealer says that the vehicle has 29,000 km on the odometer, you could've been confident that the odometer reading was legitimate and that there was no tampering of chassis number or engine number and you could have been pretty confident of the age of the vehicle. Thus, the vehicle will be priced accordingly and for this reason some models were more expensive than others.

These dealers catered to many persons in T&T and also encouraged the foreign used parts market. For the most part, many persons would have good experiences with these vehicles and this caused many to swear by RORO vehicles. Unfortunately, T&T became a dumping ground for many older vehicles. Due to laws in the source country, these types of vehicles needed to pay either very high taxes and run through very costly inspections to keep on the road or be removed from the roads. Hence they became destined for markets as ours with no such regulations.

Over time, the GORTT sought to phase out certain ages of RORO vehicles. However, this could well have been due to lobbying by the new car dealers to reduce competition and to maintain their monopoly.

For the second category, these were similar to the first, but these were the dealers who would roll back odometers, falsify chassis numbers, engine numbers or falsely state that the vehicle was not involved in any accident knowing fully well that this was not the case. These were the scamps who charged same price as category 1 but who sold inferior vehicles to unwitting customers.

These are the persons who gave the foreign used dealers a real bad name. Personally, while there were many good stories of persons owning RORO vehicles, the horror stories I heard from others were enough to warrant me never buying a RORO vehicle, not to mention some of the terrible accidents involving knock downs. Hence, I stuck to the local used market or the new market. One could argue that the former could be just as dishonest as the RORO scamps, but to me, the likelihood was lower. More so however, I knew I was purchasing a vehicle meant for a T&T market which meant that parts, service, updates and recalls would still apply to the vehicle.

The third category of grey market dealers is the category I have great issue with. These are the dealers who are willfully selling vehicles not destined for T&T.

These are the dealers who offer a "warranty" and not a warranty... New car dealers in T&T are authorised by the manufacturer they represent to sell that particular brand of vehicle. Therefore, they access the models DESIGNED FOR THE T&T MARKET, and by extension will be able to honour warranty, offer exact replacement parts, address technical issues per manufacturer recommendations for that vehicle, honour recalls and a host of other benefits meant for that vehicle being sold.

AFAIK, these grey market dealers selling the new vehicles do not have the authorisation of the particular brand to sell that vehicle. Rather, they would purchase from the authorised dealer of another country, load the vehicle on a boat and sell it here as new. Yes, the vehicle is new and has better features. Some have the same engine, but a better tune. This is potentially damaging especially for a diesel vehicle as the better engine tune requires better diesel which we all know is not available here. So for the purchasers of Hilux GR Sport, Frontier 2.3TT and perhaps even the Ranger 2.0 TT, keep your fingers crossed that the $hitty diesel does not wreck your engine.

When that stupid driver passes too close to you and knocks off your wing mirror and the 360 camera goes out of whack, how is this fixed back to the manufacturers spec?

When the windshield is cracked because that truck kicks up a pebble and the Lane Departure Assist or AEB begins to fault and you cannot get the correct windscreen replacement, what is the position.

If the vehicle gets into a fender bender, where will you access that fender flare?

If any of those happen, can the Grey Market dealer actually remedy this issue? Nope. They do not have access to the manufacturer because they are not authorised by the manufacturer to sell that vehicle here.

What about Teslas which do not get software updates? EGCs which cannot access software updates as the local dealer is not yet authorised to sell this vehicle here... Does this grey market dealer access these? Unlikely to no.

These dealer sell Hybrids, but haw many actually know how to repair/maintain a hybrid and can also access the parts/batteries for the same? I have heard many bad stories of persons buying grey market hybrids only to have battery faults that cannot be repaired and the vehicle is down for sometime until they purchase the part or fight up to find someone to fix the same.

The third category of dealer is the one which is willfully selling a vehicle that is not meant for here and knows fully well that the warranty offered is simply a joke and that after sales support is substandard compared to the authorised new vehicle seller.

IMO, these are the dealers who need to be regulated to stop their willful deception, thieving and skullduggery. Customers are being cheated with these dealers and will have little to no recourse in the event of major vehicle issues.
There are many lengthy and expensive requirements that must be met to maintain an OEM dealership, including service bay equipment, spare parts and mechanic training.

Although there aren't any homologation requirements for OEMs that are specific to the Caribbean, there may be some local issues like road conditions and fuel quality that may affect what vehicle may prove to be unreliable.

Regarding low-level optioned vehicles: it's done in small markets (and TTO is a very, very small market) to reduce service parts inventory and repair complexity. There are also vplume requirements on orders - OEMs schedule product mix months in advance and place restrictions on what models and the number of vehicles that a dealer may order.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » July 11th, 2022, 11:48 am

adnj wrote:There are many lengthy and expensive requirements that must be met to maintain an OEM dealership, including service bay equipment, spare parts and mechanic training.

Although there aren't any homologation requirements for OEMs that are specific to the Caribbean, there may be some local issues like road conditions and fuel quality that may affect what vehicle may prove to be unreliable.

Excellent points which further underscore some of the considerations a consumer has to make when deciding to purchase a new vehicle directly from the firm or from a grey market dealer.

As a previous poster noted quite correctly, one may well face part shortages/unavailability and warranty claim issues from the new car firms. However, in spite of these consequences, the likelihood of resolution of the issue with the authorized dealer is higher than that with the grey market new car dealer. And to me, that is a huge distinction: while buying any new vehicle comes with a risk of "issues", the risk associated with these issues is much lower when buying the new vehicle from the authorized dealer as opposed to the grey market dealer.

adnj wrote:
Regarding low-level optioned vehicles: it's done in small markets (and TTO is a very, very small market) to reduce service parts inventory and repair complexity. There are also vplume requirements on orders - OEMs schedule product mix months in advance and place restrictions on what models and the number of vehicles that a dealer may order.

So hear this question using an example with random information and to just be devil's advocate. If Toyota manufactures 50,000 Hiluxes of a particular trim level at the Thailand plant which are destined for the Australian market, Toyota Motor Corporation can sell each unit at a price of $XXX to the Aussie dealer.

However, if the Thailand plant manufactures 1,000 Hiluxes at a similar trim to the Aussie destined trim (but omitting several other features and with a different engine tune) and sends these to Toyota Trinidad and Tobago Limited, do you think Toyota Motor Corporation will sell each unit at a similar price of $XXX?

Or is it possible that since T&T is a smaller market, the Toyota Motor Corporation markup to TTTL will be much more per unit? In other words larger sales volume can result in lower markup per unit versus smaller sales volumes with a higher markup per unit. This is a typical sales strategy and model that many companies and businesses utilize. So, is it conceivable that the high price of the Hilux is actually "justifiable" at TTTL since the source price is already set at a higher value? And further, while we as consumers believe that the price is high, the price is probably as accurate as it can be to also cater for dealer profit.

IDK how the pricing works as we will never know the true cost of the unit from the factory.

Thoughts.

mtec
Street 2NR

Postby mtec » July 11th, 2022, 12:21 pm

Great point here.

I'll like to ask if this scenario is possible, frequent, rare or impossible. Then if it's possible, which dealer is the lesser of two evils per say?

A roro dealer sells a foreign used vehicle for, let's say $145000.00 and his profit after all expenses is $30000.00
He most likely does not have a sales rep to pay.

Then a new car dealer sells the same model new, not comparing specifications, for $240000.00 and makes a profit of $35000.00. This dealership most likely has a sales rep to pay.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 11th, 2022, 1:33 pm

Toyota just had a sale with close to a 40000 dollar discount

I really believe that they overpriced otherwise that discount will not be possible

In addition I know people who got new vehicles from Ansa and they had to wait for weeks for parts

Difference is with a R and R you have a 30 or 30 thousand in your pocket to track down parts

Plus if u bring down a popular vehicle like the aqua or ad wagon you will get parts locally

I had brought down a b14 years ago and never had problems anywhere

R and R is supposed to be for the small man to be able to afford a quality vehicle and not really to bring down exotic vehicles with trouble for parts and service

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 11th, 2022, 1:42 pm

Plus look at thr increases within about 5 or 6 years hilux when up by about 100 000 and now they offering 30000 off

It's clear to me that it's price gourging taking place

They are willing to sell less vehicles at a higher price and make same profit with less vehicles to maintain

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » July 11th, 2022, 2:03 pm

PariaMan wrote:Plus look at thr increases within about 5 or 6 years hilux when up by about 100 000 and now they offering 30000 off

They are willing to sell less vehicles at a higher price and make same profit with less vehicles to maintain

A business will sell at the maximum price they can get customers especially when there is no competition. As long as there are willing buyers at high prices it will continue.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 11th, 2022, 3:20 pm

j.o.e wrote:
PariaMan wrote:Plus look at thr increases within about 5 or 6 years hilux when up by about 100 000 and now they offering 30000 off

A business will sell at the maximum price they can get customers especially when there is no competition. As long as there are willing buyers at high prices it will continue.
Exactly my point once there is no competition and plenty buyers the prices will keep going up .

Agent and no one else can change that

The only solution is to allow more competition not less

Agent's idea of stopping R and R will only make things worse and play directly in the hand of the new car dealers and the 1 percent

Our only hope right now is for a UNC government to roll back the restrictions

If we want to save foreign exchange do what the NAR did and stop the exportation of all high end vehicles.

If we want to reduce congestion then drastically improve public transportation.

Agent sounds like he is reading from Imberts play book and the man who said they have not rioted yet was never thinking about the small man

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » July 11th, 2022, 3:33 pm

I spoke to a sales rep from Ford, well previous sales rep , I know the guy , anyway he said they were struggling to sell the ranger, each rep had to sell 2 per month and they couldn't even do that as it was priced too high, even the sales reps think its too high as none of them think it's worth the price , their customers were saying they would rather go mrampersad to buy one IF they wanted to buy one.

I'm waiting to see what they will do with the new ranger, I don't think they will increase the price a lot but if they start getting sales you'll see the price jump up, I think Trinis losing the ' ranger fever '.

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » July 11th, 2022, 4:49 pm

carluva wrote:When one speaks of RORO, there should be a distinction to what one is referring to. IMO, RORO actually refers to grey market car dealers and these can fall into one of three categories.

1 - Reputable Grey Market dealers who sell second hand vehicles from an overseas market (RORO).
2- Scamp Grey Market dealers who sell second hand vehicles from an overseas market.
3 - Grey Market dealers who sell new vehicles from and overseas market.

There is actually a fourth category called knock down which is where the vehicle was basically disassembled at source country and then reassembled in T&T. I will not chat about these in my post as these were long since banned by the GORTT, perhaps 20+ years ago.

From the factory, a second hand vehicle from an overseas market was never meant for the T&T market, which is why there were great differences in standard features available on these vehicles versus their new counterparts sold in T&T. Some of the standard features were better while some posed issues for persons as described by agent007.

Now, for the first category, there would be a few dealers who built a reputation for importing vehicles which were "true to form". In other words, when that dealer says that the vehicle has 29,000 km on the odometer, you could've been confident that the odometer reading was legitimate and that there was no tampering of chassis number or engine number and you could have been pretty confident of the age of the vehicle. Thus, the vehicle will be priced accordingly and for this reason some models were more expensive than others.

These dealers catered to many persons in T&T and also encouraged the foreign used parts market. For the most part, many persons would have good experiences with these vehicles and this caused many to swear by RORO vehicles. Unfortunately, T&T became a dumping ground for many older vehicles. Due to laws in the source country, these types of vehicles needed to pay either very high taxes and run through very costly inspections to keep on the road or be removed from the roads. Hence they became destined for markets as ours with no such regulations.

Over time, the GORTT sought to phase out certain ages of RORO vehicles. However, this could well have been due to lobbying by the new car dealers to reduce competition and to maintain their monopoly.

For the second category, these were similar to the first, but these were the dealers who would roll back odometers, falsify chassis numbers, engine numbers or falsely state that the vehicle was not involved in any accident knowing fully well that this was not the case. These were the scamps who charged same price as category 1 but who sold inferior vehicles to unwitting customers.

These are the persons who gave the foreign used dealers a real bad name. Personally, while there were many good stories of persons owning RORO vehicles, the horror stories I heard from others were enough to warrant me never buying a RORO vehicle, not to mention some of the terrible accidents involving knock downs. Hence, I stuck to the local used market or the new market. One could argue that the former could be just as dishonest as the RORO scamps, but to me, the likelihood was lower. More so however, I knew I was purchasing a vehicle meant for a T&T market which meant that parts, service, updates and recalls would still apply to the vehicle.

The third category of grey market dealers is the category I have great issue with. These are the dealers who are willfully selling vehicles not destined for T&T.

These are the dealers who offer a "warranty" and not a warranty... New car dealers in T&T are authorised by the manufacturer they represent to sell that particular brand of vehicle. Therefore, they access the models DESIGNED FOR THE T&T MARKET, and by extension will be able to honour warranty, offer exact replacement parts, address technical issues per manufacturer recommendations for that vehicle, honour recalls and a host of other benefits meant for that vehicle being sold.

AFAIK, these grey market dealers selling the new vehicles do not have the authorisation of the particular brand to sell that vehicle. Rather, they would purchase from the authorised dealer of another country, load the vehicle on a boat and sell it here as new. Yes, the vehicle is new and has better features. Some have the same engine, but a better tune. This is potentially damaging especially for a diesel vehicle as the better engine tune requires better diesel which we all know is not available here. So for the purchasers of Hilux GR Sport, Frontier 2.3TT and perhaps even the Ranger 2.0 TT, keep your fingers crossed that the $hitty diesel does not wreck your engine.

When that stupid driver passes too close to you and knocks off your wing mirror and the 360 camera goes out of whack, how is this fixed back to the manufacturers spec?

When the windshield is cracked because that truck kicks up a pebble and the Lane Departure Assist or AEB begins to fault and you cannot get the correct windscreen replacement, what is the position.

If the vehicle gets into a fender bender, where will you access that fender flare?

If any of those happen, can the Grey Market dealer actually remedy this issue? Nope. They do not have access to the manufacturer because they are not authorised by the manufacturer to sell that vehicle here.

What about Teslas which do not get software updates? EGCs which cannot access software updates as the local dealer is not yet authorised to sell this vehicle here... Does this grey market dealer access these? Unlikely to no.

These dealer sell Hybrids, but haw many actually know how to repair/maintain a hybrid and can also access the parts/batteries for the same? I have heard many bad stories of persons buying grey market hybrids only to have battery faults that cannot be repaired and the vehicle is down for sometime until they purchase the part or fight up to find someone to fix the same.

The third category of dealer is the one which is willfully selling a vehicle that is not meant for here and knows fully well that the warranty offered is simply a joke and that after sales support is substandard compared to the authorised new vehicle seller.

IMO, these are the dealers who need to be regulated to stop their willful deception, thieving and skullduggery. Customers are being cheated with these dealers and will have little to no recourse in the event of major vehicle issues.

Pretty much on point. I know of a certain dealer of the 3rd category who sold vehicles to customers and then they had to go to the actual local authorized dealer for basic maintenance parts. However, the local authorized dealer basically blanked them and black listed the units they sold and want nothing to do with them in terms of parts or servicing.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 11th, 2022, 5:05 pm

Always on point and to the point. You will always find those who can't read properly nor understand context. That being said folks, we are all on the same side here, let's not get carried away.

The issue is overpriced new vehicles! Once the entire industry is regulated accordingly, especially with the right legislation that promotes fair trade practices etc. then the business case for the grey market segment becomes less compelling.

So what I will do now is start discussing the formation of an association of enthusiasts that will reach out to each represented automaker here in T&T and to the relevant statutory entities and be like a pressure group to keep these dealers in check. It will also act as a representative body for owners who have legitimate concerns that are not being resolved by the dealers. We will shine them up on social media and prepare reports for all to see who are top on the naughty list.

For those who are interested, feel free to pm me.
carluva wrote:Just as the residents of Beetham Gardens have united, protested and gained attention, consumers in Trinidad and Tobago need to do the same and start taking action to try to curb these dealers from price gouging.

The grey market dealers need to be regulated as they do consume foreign exchange on poor quality products. Some action needs to be taken against these persons too.

Too many grey market dealers have profited from consumers at the expense of the consumer.

This needs to stop.

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » July 12th, 2022, 8:33 am

Got all excited with the ad I saw this morning while having my coffee. The turbo is a 2.5L. Got in contact and it's the 2.0. This is what I cant handle...false advertising. Heard their service was iffy but now I wont even consider a purchase due to their advertising. Link: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=48 ... 6117960472
link: https://www.facebook.com/mazdasalestt/p ... 683512094/

Getting some error msg with the pics. Links posted^^

Prices quoted:
New Mazda CX-5 2022

Mazda CX-5 Core.... With SKYACTIV Technology
Mazda CX-5 2.0L 2 Wheel Drive
Price 319,282.77
Deposit 10,000 of 5%
Monthly 4,181.. for 7yrS

New Mazda CX-5 Hi Grade
Price 361,202.27
Deposit 17,810
Monthly for 7 yrs 5,075

AND IN OTHER NEWS: 2023 CRV https://www.autoblog.com/2022/07/12/202 ... -revealed/

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » July 12th, 2022, 9:53 am

Where did it say 2.5?

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » July 12th, 2022, 11:27 am

Strugglerzinc wrote:Where did it say 2.5?
How is this different from the RORO scamps....
Screenshot_2022-07-12-11-26-17-072_com.android.chrome.jpg

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » July 12th, 2022, 12:26 pm

Reading everything from the latest discussion has been very interesting and informative and I'm surprised things are not better when it comes to these stealerships *Dealerships correction whether it be under the Grey Market or Authorized Dealers with the information members in this forum possess. We should be able to take them to task in relation to their ridiculous prices and laughable warranties and that proposal the Agent guy made in relation to an Association of Enthusiast sounds like a healthy start.

Competition benefits the Customer in other words us as consumers would have the benefit of better prices on vehicles in this country. The fact of the matter is these Authorized Dealers are over doing it and it cannot be justified by the notion of being specially made for our market and the availability of parts which is a very questionable point. In the case of Diesel vehicles from Authorized dealers and being tested for our diesel quality is all but a comforting statement as these vehicles still experience problems with that fuel in this country engines failures etc.

As for the grey market those who roll back the odometer should be jailed. Those who bring in new vehicles from other markets and sell are on to something however they need to ensure a proper support system which would include maintenance, parts (being readily available or reach within a respectable time) and a healthy warranty.

In conclusion it boils down to you as an individual. If you are comfortable with buying a vehicle from Authorized dealers with questionable justifications and being robbed blindly that is okay. Those who are comfortable buying from the Grey market whether it be Brand New or Used and run the risk of not getting specific parts for your vehicle at all or within a good time and a lack of persons being able to maintain the vehicle as it needs to be in the case of some that is okay, BUT A MONOPOLY IS WHAT WE SHOULDN'T ALLOW.

tmack
Street 2NR

Postby tmack » July 12th, 2022, 2:15 pm

Shalom Vanamson wrote:Reading everything from the latest discussion has been very interesting and informative and I'm surprised things are not better when it comes to these stealerships *Dealerships correction whether it be under the Grey Market or Authorized Dealers with the information members in this forum possess. We should be able to take them to task in relation to their ridiculous prices and laughable warranties and that proposal the Agent guy made in relation to an Association of Enthusiast sounds like a healthy start.

Competition benefits the Customer in other words us as consumers would have the benefit of better prices on vehicles in this country. The fact of the matter is these Authorized Dealers are over doing it and it cannot be justified by the notion of being specially made for our market and the availability of parts which is a very questionable point. In the case of Diesel vehicles from Authorized dealers and being tested for our diesel quality is all but a comforting statement as these vehicles still experience problems with that fuel in this country engines failures etc.

As for the grey market those who roll back the odometer should be jailed. Those who bring in new vehicles from other markets and sell are on to something however they need to ensure a proper support system which would include maintenance, parts (being readily available or reach within a respectable time) and a healthy warranty.

In conclusion it boils down to you as an individual. If you are comfortable with buying a vehicle from Authorized dealers with questionable justifications and being robbed blindly that is okay. Those who are comfortable buying from the Grey market whether it be Brand New or Used and run the risk of not getting specific parts for your vehicle at all or within a good time and a lack of persons being able to maintain the vehicle as it needs to be in the case of some that is okay,
BUT A MONOPOLY IS WHAT WE SHOULDN'T ALLOW

Fully agree with you, however, it's worse when you realize that the government is enabling the current "new car mafia" by stifling the competition that is out there.

SLVR1
Sweet on this forum

Postby SLVR1 » July 12th, 2022, 3:00 pm

The ad does not explicitly state 2.5 but those who know the turbo model sold in other countries will know its a 2.5 turbo. The local is a 2.0 NA. Therefore, by stating "turbo" it is imply something that simply is not present. Even the pdf brochure I got says 2.5 and that is not for our market. It is easy to get misled esp. if you do not know better. Also, why post/advertise something to attract attention and waste someone's time.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » July 12th, 2022, 3:07 pm

SLVR1 wrote:

The ad does not explicitly state 2.5 but those who know the turbo model sold in other countries will know its a 2.5 turbo. The local is a 2.0 NA. Therefore, by stating "turbo" it is imply something that simply is not present. Even the pdf brochure I got says 2.5 and that is not for our market. It is easy to get misled esp. if you do not know better. Also, why post/advertise something to attract attention and waste someone's time.
Because in spite of what others would like to have us believe, the new car dealers engage in many of the same unethical practices that RORO dealers have been accused of. The only difference is that it's impossible to roll back mileage on a new vehicle.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 13th, 2022, 12:36 am

Wait nah ... ANSA selling the new HRV hybrid for 310 :lol: :shock: :lol:

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 13th, 2022, 1:08 am

IMG_5746.JPG
IMG_5750.JPG
IMG_5748.JPG

Speaking of Honda, lets give jack his jacket here, but out of the third world quartet of 7 seater “SUV’s” available locally, the Honda looks the best. For those who need to know what those other 3 are (Suzuki XL-7, Mitsubishi Xpander Cross, Toyota Rush).

At $289k with 2 years free service….it’s still $50k more expensive than the Xpander Cross which also has 2 years free service. To each their own.

If the HRV is in fact $310k then ANSA would have knocked $79k off of the original tag. Good job guys!

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 13th, 2022, 6:34 am

It's competition from the gray market caused this not Agent

PV marketing is selling for 255000
Screenshot_20220713-063330_WhatsApp.jpg

tmack
Street 2NR

Postby tmack » July 13th, 2022, 8:42 am

drchaos wrote:Wait nah ... ANSA selling the new HRV hybrid for 310 :lol: :shock: :lol:

I was told that all the units were sold out...

tmack
Street 2NR

Postby tmack » July 13th, 2022, 8:48 am

PariaMan wrote:It's competition from the gray market caused this not Agent

PV marketing is selling for 255000Screenshot_20220713-063330_WhatsApp.jpg

Do you know if this is the Hybrid model?

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 13th, 2022, 10:31 am

tmack wrote:

Non Hybrid

And still much cheaper than ANSA

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » July 13th, 2022, 11:29 am

PariaMan wrote:
tmack wrote:

Non Hybrid

And still much cheaper than ANSA

:D :D Man this situation is so ridiculous its funny.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » July 13th, 2022, 11:34 am

Ansa seems to just pull a price from thin air of what the value a vehicle should be rather that the actual cost of a vehicle

Then Stupid Trinidadians think it is exclusive because it's costly and rush to buy it

Plus they feel empowered when the are snobbish towards the Grey market dealers

What a cuntry

mtec
Street 2NR

Postby mtec » July 13th, 2022, 12:32 pm

I think Ansa is the worse when it comes to exorbitant prices. When a car's price is reduced the profit factor is still ridiculously high. Honda has been priced to compete with the European makes here.

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » July 13th, 2022, 1:25 pm

PariaMan wrote:Ansa seems to just pull a price from thin air of what the value a vehicle should be rather that the actual cost of a vehicle

Then Stupid Trinidadians think it is exclusive because it's costly and rush to buy it

What a cuntry

Saw what you did there with that last statement. :lol: But I find Massy is just as bad as Ansa. They raised prices on all Navaras a couple weeks ago so the Pro 4X is now 375k the LE not too far behind. Toyota is just as bad selling a Hybrid Rav 4 for over 700k bess you buy a brand new Prado from Japan or bring it in yourself slightly used for less. I really dont know what these Authorized Dealers feel it is.

tmack
Street 2NR

Postby tmack » July 13th, 2022, 1:45 pm

Shalom Vanamson wrote:
PariaMan wrote:Ansa seems to just pull a price from thin air of what the value a vehicle should be rather that the actual cost of a vehicle

What a cuntry

Saw what you did there with that last statement. :lol: But I find Massy is just as bad as Ansa. They raised prices on all Navaras a couple weeks ago so the Pro 4X is now 375k the LE not too far behind. Toyota is just as bad selling a Hybrid Rav 4 for over 700k
bess you buy a brand new Prado from Japan or bring it in yourself slightly used for less
. I really dont know what these Authorized Dealers feel it is.

The issue is getting the Forex from the banks @ this time...

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”