TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby metalgear2095 » October 11th, 2022, 8:03 am

Hi. Looking for some opinions/ suggestions. Looking to buy either the 2.2 Ford Ranger XLT or the new Frontier XE which is 2.5.
I'm not really fond of the shape of the Frontier but I'm also aware that the Ranger is basically an old model at this point. What do you guys think?

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » October 14th, 2022, 9:27 am

metalgear2095 wrote:Hi. Looking for some opinions/ suggestions. Looking to buy either the 2.2 Ford Ranger XLT or the new Frontier XE which is 2.5.
I'm not really fond of the shape of the Frontier but I'm also aware that the Ranger is basically an old model at this point. What do you guys think?

I'd go with the NP300.

On another note, I got a chance to take a look at the line up of Ssangyong vehicles, and they look pretty descent. Overall the build quality of the materials used seemed pretty legit. Was told that all the transmissions used in the vehicles are manufactured by AISIN (which is a plus) and are not CVT. Here is my lil take on the models I got a chance to take a look at:

- Korando - mid size SUV, which would compete against C segment SUV's such as Tucson and Sportage. It's a little smaller than some of it's South Korean counterparts, but they come loaded with pretty cool features. All models get touchscreen infotainment as well as front and rear parking sensors. The mid spec and fully loaded AWD models come with a really cool Infinity Mood lighting feature, where the colours are customizable. They are powered by a 1.5L Turbo engine and all 3 versions come with paddle shifters. Entry $245K, Mid $280K and Fully loaded $320K. I'd say its price is pretty competitive when compared to what is presently on the market.

- Rexton - large 7 seat SUV, which would is directly aimed at the Sorento and Santa Fe. Available in 2wd and 4wd, it's drive train is based on the Musso Grand pick up (similar to other pick up based 7 seaters such as Trailblazer, Fortuner, Everest etc). Again this is packed with lots of features and is currently priced at $450K 2wd and $500K 4wd. Considering that a 2WD Sorento is $100K more, I can see these units grabbing some market share from this segment....easily.

- Musso Grand Pick Up - This unit is HUGE.....it's also requires heavy T, which may be a drawback for some. It's bed is enormous, with loads of interior cabin space as well. All models are 4WD with auto locking rear diff. All three models get touchscreen infotainment, front and rear parking sensors (which is cool for a vehicle of this size). Not a bad looking pick up at all.....They all come with 17" alloys, but with 235 tyres (a bit skinny for me), but they also had some on display with 265 tyres and 18" wheels, which completed the look for me. Current pricing FAB $280K, TPU $300K, Leather $330K. ....The TPU in the mid spec unit is also pretty good, could barely tell the difference between the TPU and the Leather seats.

All in all, even though it's this brand second coming to our shores, these newer models are a huge step up from what was here years ago IMO. Warranty is at 3 years /100,000km, but in foreign markets they get a 7 year warranty. Also looked at some vids from Australia and the reviews were pretty good. Apparently they can take jamming. Overall I can say I was impressed with what I saw (relative to price), but I guess we will have to wait and see how the brand does in T&T this time around. I know there is the issue with the whole receivership thing, but apparently they have gotten a new owner (Steel Producer) who has the funds and liquidity to keep the brand going.

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » October 14th, 2022, 9:47 am

Capleton wrote:
metalgear2095 wrote:Hi. Looking for some opinions/ suggestions. Looking to buy either the 2.2 Ford Ranger XLT or the new Frontier XE which is 2.5.

I'd go with the NP300.

On another note, I got a chance to take a look at the line up of Ssangyong vehicles, and they look pretty descent. Overall the build quality of the materials used seemed pretty legit. Was told that all the transmissions used in the vehicles are manufactured by AISIN (which is a plus) and are not CVT or DCT. Here is my lil take on the models I got a chance to take a look at:

- Korando - mid size SUV, which would compete against C segment SUV's such as Tucson and Sportage. It's a little smaller than some of it's South Korean counterparts, but they come loaded with pretty cool features. All models get touchscreen infotainment as well as front and rear parking sensors. The mid spec and fully loaded AWD models come with a really cool Infinity Mood lighting feature, where the colours are customizable. They are powered by a 1.5L Turbo engine and all 3 versions come with paddle shifters. Entry $245K, Mid $280K and Fully loaded $320K. I'd say its price is pretty competitive when compared to what is presently on the market.

- Rexton - large 7 seat SUV, which would is directly aimed at the Sorento and Santa Fe. Available in 2wd and 4wd, it's drive train is based on the Musso Grand pick up (similar to other pick up based 7 seaters such as Trailblazer, Fortuner, Everest etc). Again this is packed with lots of features and is currently priced at $450K 2wd and $500K 4wd. Considering that a 2WD Sorento is $100K more, I can see these units grabbing some market share from this segment....easily.

- Musso Grand Pick Up - This unit is HUGE.....it's also requires heavy T, which may be a drawback for some. It's bed is enormous, with loads of interior cabin space as well. All models are 4WD with auto locking rear diff. All three models get touchscreen infotainment, front and rear parking sensors (which is cool for a vehicle of this size). Not a bad looking pick up at all.....They all come with 17" alloys, but with 235 tyres (a bit skinny for me), but they also had some on display with 265 tyres and 18" wheels, which completed the look for me. Current pricing FAB $280K, TPU $300K, Leather $330K. ....The TPU in the mid spec unit is also pretty good, could barely tell the difference between the TPU and the Leather seats.

All in all, even though it's this brand second coming to our shores, these newer models are a huge step up from what was here years ago IMO. Warranty is at 3 years /100,000km, but in foreign markets they get a 7 year warranty. Also looked at some vids from Australia and the reviews were pretty good. Apparently they can take jamming. Overall I can say I was impressed with what I saw (relative to price), but I guess we will have to wait and see how the brand does in T&T this time around. I know there is the issue with the whole receivership thing, but apparently they have gotten a new owner (Steel Producer) who has the funds and liquidity to keep the brand going.

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » October 14th, 2022, 9:50 am

Capleton wrote:
Capleton wrote:

I'd go with the NP300.

On another note, I got a chance to take a look at the line up of Ssangyong vehicles, and they look pretty descent. Overall the build quality of the materials used seemed pretty legit. Was told that all the transmissions used in the vehicles are manufactured by AISIN (which is a plus) and are not CVT or DCT. Here is my lil take on the models I got a chance to take a look at:

- Musso Grand Pick Up - This unit is HUGE.....it's also requires heavy T, which may be a drawback for some. It's bed is enormous, with loads of interior cabin space as well. All models come with a 6 speed automatic transmission, 4WD with auto locking rear diff. All three models get touchscreen infotainment, front and rear parking sensors (which is cool for a vehicle of this size). Not a bad looking pick up at all.....They all come with 17" alloys, but with 235 tyres (a bit skinny for me), but they also had some on display with 265 tyres and 18" wheels, which completed the look for me. Current pricing FAB $280K, TPU $300K, Leather $330K. ....The TPU in the mid spec unit is also pretty good, could barely tell the difference between the TPU and the Leather seats.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » October 14th, 2022, 8:48 pm

Capleton wrote:

I'd go with the NP300.

On another note, I got a chance to take a look at the line up of Ssangyong vehicles, and they look pretty descent. Overall the build quality of the materials used seemed pretty legit. Was told that all the transmissions used in the vehicles are manufactured by AISIN (which is a plus) and are not CVT. Here is my lil take on the models I got a chance to take a look at:

Any brand in general gives more than 3 year / 10-5 km warranty in trinidad market ?

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » October 15th, 2022, 2:15 pm

Kenjo wrote:
Capleton wrote:

I'd go with the NP300.

Any brand in general gives more than 3 year / 10-5 km warranty in trinidad market ?
Suzuki and VW on the polo has a 5 year warranty, not sure how much kms but prob 100k.

Pirate
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Pirate » October 16th, 2022, 12:59 am

zando wrote:
Kenjo wrote:
Capleton wrote:

I'd go with the NP300.

Suzuki and VW on the polo has a 5 year warranty, not sure how much kms but prob 100k.

Audi Has 5 year / 100,000Km

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » October 24th, 2022, 6:09 pm

Be mindful of after sale support and availability of parts.

If a dealer's parts department can never anwer a phone or have consumables in stock....might be an issue.

alibaboolal
Ricer

Postby alibaboolal » October 25th, 2022, 2:37 pm

New City

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » October 25th, 2022, 5:20 pm

alibaboolal wrote:New City

Curious to know the price because that thing has potential to be a hot seller down here. 8 speaker sound system electronic parking brake and some other neat little features. Should have a little pep in its step and doesn't look bad at all.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 25th, 2022, 5:33 pm

Forget it ANSA will price it as a luxury vehicle

alibaboolal
Ricer

Postby alibaboolal » October 25th, 2022, 6:30 pm

Shalom Vanamson wrote:
Curious to know the price because that thing has potential to be a hot seller down here. 8 speaker sound system electronic parking brake and some other neat little features. Should have a little pep in its step and doesn't look bad at all.

Sales rep says 220k

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » October 25th, 2022, 8:58 pm

Shalom Vanamson wrote:
alibaboolal wrote:New City

Excuse my ignorance but is electronic parking brake considered a desirable feature in today's market? Serious question because I've never thought it to be a factor or must have

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 26th, 2022, 6:15 am

The only thing making that a hot seller is if it's CNG.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 26th, 2022, 12:42 pm

If it's hybrid. It will do well

Cng is dead

Who wants to go gas station every other day?

If you go less than that the amount you drive does not require the savings of CNG

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 26th, 2022, 12:58 pm

Saw a Nissan rep posting pics of the first deliveries of the new Qashqai.
She has also placed the pricing on her page.

Inflation is a bish!!!!
Capture.JPG

4Motion
3NE 2NR for life

Postby 4Motion » October 26th, 2022, 8:08 pm

A update on the Minis from LAFAST

Mini Cooper SE (full-electric) - $355,000
It’s very nicely packaged with leather, sunroof, PDC, rear-camera, + lots more.

Mini Cooper SE Countryman All4 (PHEV) - $400,000.

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » October 27th, 2022, 12:56 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Saw a Nissan rep posting pics of the first deliveries of the new Qashqai.
She has also placed the pricing on her page.

Inflation is a bish!!!!
Capture.JPG

Over 350k for a 1.3 size engine, we really reach where we going yes

At that price point may as well look for a EV and save yuhself a lifetime gas bill

Shalom Vanamson
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Shalom Vanamson » October 28th, 2022, 10:53 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:The only thing making that a hot seller is if it's CNG.

I really tryna understand how you could say something like that. If that is the case then we are going backward and not forward. CNG is simply not the way.

I dont understand how Massy could sell that new Qashqai for that price. The thing has a 1.3l compared to 2.0l from the previous gen yes the cost of the vehicle would of increased since it has more tech etc but the amount of taxes being paid for that smaller engine would of been enough to cushion that. If it was the same price as the previous gen I would of understand but tens of thousands more than the previous gen? Madness. I could already hear the excuse being fOrEx. The Price of the thing is more than what places calling for the brand new xtrail with E Power (Grey Market). Why dont Massy bring down the E Power Qashqai they would be able to sell it for a cheaper price than this 1.3.

Price of the Electric Mini not bad at all.

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » October 28th, 2022, 2:06 pm

Europe going full electric by 2035, I presume the rest of the world will follow soon

https://apnews.com/article/europe-busin ... 425b4f7181

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » October 28th, 2022, 2:37 pm

Any thoughts on the LR defender?

jamesblunt1
Street 2NR

Postby jamesblunt1 » October 28th, 2022, 3:36 pm

Does it make sense to have an electric vehicle if you have to pass through flood waters? I’m not sure if there’s a way they’re protected, but I’m thinking the electronics and water could never mix.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » October 28th, 2022, 4:14 pm

Shalom Vanamson wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:The only thing making that a hot seller is if it's CNG.

I really tryna understand how you could say something like that. If that is the case then we are going backward and not forward. CNG is simply not the way.

I dont understand how Massy could sell that new Qashqai for that price. The thing has a 1.3l compared to 2.0l from the previous gen yes the cost of the vehicle would of increased since it has more tech etc but the amount of taxes being paid for that smaller engine would of been enough to cushion that. If it was the same price as the previous gen I would of understand but tens of thousands more than the previous gen? Madness. I could already hear the excuse being fOrEx. The Price of the thing is more than what places calling for the brand new xtrail with E Power (Grey Market). Why dont Massy bring down the E Power Qashqai they would be able to sell it for a cheaper price than this 1.3.

What is so bad about CNG though? It's cleaner than petrol or diesel. The vehicles are cheaper than electric. CNG is also comparatively cheaper than petrol/ diesel. Isn't the electricity in Trinidad generated from natural gas anyways? Not trying to be disagreeable just want to learn

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » October 28th, 2022, 11:14 pm

metalgear2095 wrote:
Shalom Vanamson wrote:

What is so bad about CNG though? It's cleaner than petrol or diesel. The vehicles are cheaper than electric. CNG is also comparatively cheaper than petrol/ diesel. Isn't the electricity in Trinidad generated from natural gas anyways? Not trying to be disagreeable just want to learn
Less range, less power, the market has also decided that it doesn't want cng to be their main fuel source for vehicles also, they need to stop beating that dead horse.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 29th, 2022, 9:32 am

Range is too small results in too many visits to gas station

Performance is reduced

With electric hybrid the opposite is true you get greater range and enhanced performance

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » October 29th, 2022, 1:20 pm

PariaMan wrote:Range is too small results in too many visits to gas station

Performance is reduced

With electric hybrid the opposite is true you get greater range and enhanced performance
X1000

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » October 29th, 2022, 1:24 pm

jamesblunt1 wrote:Does it make sense to have an electric vehicle if you have to pass through flood waters? I’m not sure if there’s a way they’re protected, but I’m thinking the electronics and water could never mix.
There are electric only versions of the F150, Silverado, Hummer plus the Rivian and the upcoming cybertruck. Plus, why are you driving through flood waters in spite of the warnings and deaths? Does it make any difference if you try to pass with an ice vehicle or hybrid or full electric? Even though the electronics are well sealed, I won't advise anyone to try passing through flood, whether tiida or Tesla.

jamesblunt1
Street 2NR

Postby jamesblunt1 » October 30th, 2022, 11:25 am

wing wrote:
jamesblunt1 wrote:Does it make sense to have an electric vehicle if you have to pass through flood waters? I’m not sure if there’s a way they’re protected, but I’m thinking the electronics and water could never mix.
There are electric only versions of the F150, Silverado, Hummer plus the Rivian and the upcoming cybertruck. Plus, why are you driving through flood waters in spite of the warnings and deaths? Does it make any difference if you try to pass with an ice vehicle or hybrid or full electric? Even though the electronics are well sealed, I won't advise anyone to try passing through flood, whether tiida or Tesla.

Well, the only road to reach my house floods when it rains, hence my question. Wasn’t planning to go trekking through flood waters.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » October 31st, 2022, 9:35 am

Battery is usually sealed of against water . That should not be a problem

Biggest problem with electric vehicles is cost

The tax break being offered us only benefits the rich since it restricts the age of used ones to two years

Cost is the only real hindrance as well as inability to charge at home which is only fir some people

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » October 31st, 2022, 10:43 am

Problem if those cells ever catch fire.

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”