TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby worksux101 » October 22nd, 2021, 9:55 am

ABM28 wrote:

So I did some more research and haven’t heard good things about Audi at all so I think I’m gonna steer clear of that. TBH I checked the new rav4 but personally I don’t think the price is justified considering the features that it comes with. I also don’t wanna go the crv route cause I currently have a 10th gen civic and when I checked out the crv and sat in it I felt like I was in the civic except a little higher off the ground. Also with the price they’re calling for the new crv I figured I would just spend a little extra and go for a German car this round.

I’m leaning more towards bmw as I’ve heard good things regarding reliability. Resale value isn’t a concern as I’m planning on keeping it a long time. I got quoted 665k for the x3 m sport and 705k for the 2022 x4 m sport. I’m just trying to decide if I’d rather spend the extra 40k for the sleeker look of the x4 considering both vehicles are built on the same platform.

Both crv and RAV4 highly overpriced I agree. If you're settling on bmw, wait a minute for the new X3. Supposed to be out soon I was told. I'd initially sprung for the 4 cause I like the coupe style, but know that trunk space is more in the 3 if that's an issue.
I'm waiting to see the new interior and if it's properly revamped, will trade in. I like to change it up every few yrs :lol:
A bit more, but also look at the Velar and if you want sheer size on a budget, Prado. The E-pace is also in your price range as well and it won't hurt to explore.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 22nd, 2021, 10:45 am

worksux101 wrote:
ABM28 wrote:

So I did some more research and haven’t heard good things about Audi at all so I think I’m gonna steer clear of that. TBH I checked the new rav4 but personally I don’t think the price is justified considering the features that it comes with. I also don’t wanna go the crv route cause I currently have a 10th gen civic and when I checked out the crv and sat in it I felt like I was in the civic except a little higher off the ground. Also with the price they’re calling for the new crv I figured I would just spend a little extra and go for a German car this round.

I’m leaning more towards bmw as I’ve heard good things regarding reliability. Resale value isn’t a concern as I’m planning on keeping it a long time. I got quoted 665k for the x3 m sport and 705k for the 2022 x4 m sport. I’m just trying to decide if I’d rather spend the extra 40k for the sleeker look of the x4 considering both vehicles are built on the same platform.

Both crv and RAV4 highly overpriced I agree. If you're settling on bmw, wait a minute for the new X3. Supposed to be out soon I was told. I'd initially sprung for the 4 cause I like the coupe style, but know that trunk space is more in the 3 if that's an issue.
I'm waiting to see the new interior and if it's properly revamped, will trade in. I like to change it up every few yrs :lol:
A bit more, but also look at the Velar and if you want sheer size on a budget, Prado. The E-pace is also in your price range as well and it won't hurt to explore.

What's the price of the Velar?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 22nd, 2021, 10:48 am

zando wrote:So I see massy giving 4 year warranties for the MG's I wonder if they will last that long
Ask the owners of all them BAIC x25, Great Wall Wingle, Foton Rex, Go Now Troy, JMC, JAC pickups and DFM trucks etc. Also, ask PTSC how them Higer buses going.

I suspect your answer lies in the general consensus of those brands' performance to-date.

simplejack
Sweet on this forum

Postby simplejack » October 22nd, 2021, 11:18 am

Gladiator wrote:
worksux101 wrote:
ABM28 wrote:

Taken from page 1:
Range Rover Velar
$669,000.00 (basic)
$865,000.00

ABM28
Riding on 13's

Postby ABM28 » October 22nd, 2021, 12:39 pm

simplejack wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
worksux101 wrote:
ABM28 wrote:

Taken from page 1:
Range Rover Velar
$669,000.00 (basic)
$865,000.00

i think those prices for the velar are outdated. on land rover's TT website it says the velar starts at 840k but i'm sure that would be for the base model which isn't all that appealing to me honestly as compared to the r-dynamic models which would probably be over 1 million.

ABM28
Riding on 13's

Postby ABM28 » October 22nd, 2021, 12:47 pm

worksux101 wrote:
ABM28 wrote:

yup the new model x3/4 would arrive in december i was told. when i went into lafast to get a quote the only changes to the new models would be new headlights and taillights, an updated front bumper and in the interior a larger 12" infotainment display and live cockpit professional as standard. in addition to that tacora red is now an option for the seats.
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the e-pace smaller than the x3, more around the size of a vezel or an x1?
Also does anyone know the current prices for the e-pace?

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » October 22nd, 2021, 1:43 pm

Saw a yaris cross on the road...damn that small. But it look cool.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » October 22nd, 2021, 3:27 pm

ABM28 wrote:yup the new model x3/4 would arrive in december i was told. when i went into lafast to get a quote the only changes to the new models would be new headlights and taillights, an updated front bumper and in the interior a larger 12" infotainment display and live cockpit professional as standard. in addition to that tacora red is now an option for the seats.
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the e-pace smaller than the x3, more around the size of a vezel or an x1?

At least they know what they're getting now..when I was in they weren't sure of the differences yet. Live cockpit is a turnoff for me. The q7 has it and I'm not a fan. Be wary of a sudden price jump unless you preorder the new X3.
E pace roughly the size of the x1, maybe a tad larger, but it's in the budget range you spoke.
The Velar started at 800k or so last time I checked, but the comfort exceeds the other models you spoke of.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » October 22nd, 2021, 8:46 pm

agent007 wrote:
zando wrote:So I see massy giving 4 year warranties for the MG's I wonder if they will last that long
Ask the owners of all them BAIC x25, Great Wall Wingle, Foton Rex, Go Now Troy, JMC, JAC pickups and DFM trucks etc. Also, ask PTSC how them Higer buses going.

I suspect your answer lies in the general consensus of those brands' performance to-date.
I was watching this video about LDV in Australia, what a story!!! Some Chinese quality there.

https://youtu.be/71DVmTYiq-4

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 22nd, 2021, 9:32 pm

ABM28 wrote:
worksux101 wrote:
ABM28 wrote:

yup the new model x3/4 would arrive in december i was told. when i went into lafast to get a quote the only changes to the new models would be new headlights and taillights, an updated front bumper and in the interior a larger 12" infotainment display and live cockpit professional as standard. in addition to that tacora red is now an option for the seats.

The FB ad says it starts at 485K... I almost purchased a vehicle from them a couple years ago. Their business model however is set up so they can just drop this line overnight if they wanted to. I would be wary

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 26th, 2021, 1:06 pm

Any Mitsubishi fanboys in here? Advice? Get them while you can, why? Cause never again would you get a crossover sharing a platform with an EVO and an engine (without the turbo of course) that uses regular port injection at this price.

SS no longer imports the CX-3 with a 2.0 as its 1.5 now. This is it people. 2000cc DOHC 16V MIVEC! There’s no other 2L vehicle that is priced better (not even a Qashqai, CX-5 or worst yet a Forester).
IMG_4751.JPG

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 26th, 2021, 4:09 pm

Wow. Good proven vehicle. Just dated.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » October 27th, 2021, 10:34 am

Been seeing a blitz of ads for the Xpander Cross on the socials in the past two days. Its eye catching on looks (once you don't look at the back). Saw Diamond's website advertise the price as $239,000.
https://mitsubishitrinidad.com/

I know it was discussed a while back here (maybe July) but now that the price is known thoughts?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » October 27th, 2021, 12:50 pm

I seriously thinking bout wait for the EV Nissan Ariya or the EV Toyota BZ4X next year with no taxes.

They will probably start at 40K pounds, so a little over 400K landed.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » October 27th, 2021, 2:36 pm

drchaos wrote:I seriously thinking bout wait for the EV Nissan Ariya or the EV Toyota BZ4X next year with no taxes.

Knowing Toyota Trinidad.... they would sell it for $600k

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » October 27th, 2021, 5:19 pm

Gladiator wrote:
drchaos wrote:I seriously thinking bout wait for the EV Nissan Ariya or the EV Toyota BZ4X next year with no taxes.

Nah knowing them they will say not avalible for our region.

So will have to bring it down myself.
The advantage with going with the Toyota is that Toyota will have to service if you take it to Them since their parent company is Toyota and they can’t turn away a Toyota car.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » October 27th, 2021, 8:38 pm

drchaos wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

Nah knowing them they will say not avalible for our region.

So will have to bring it down myself.
The advantage with going with the Toyota is that Toyota will have to service if you take it to Them since their parent company is Toyota and they can’t turn away a Toyota car.

A few years ago they had advertised which models they were not going to service. Their policies inconsistent.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 28th, 2021, 10:50 am

Dizzy, that Zander Cross is just another competitor for the Suzuki XL-7 and the Toyota Rush.

Let’s dive into the basics, shall we?

4A91 engine with 4AT transmission, rear drum brakes and dual airbags only. These vehicles were made for developing markets only and frankly that 2 airbag thing is an insult for 2021. At least we can get 6 in the Rush for crying out loud! One thing I did notice with that ZanderCross is it’s 225mm ground clearance. It beats Subaru’s best in class 220mm but sadly it means little cause it remains fwd only.

I expect to see these running PH and woe unto those adults who get to sit in that 3rd row. If taxi men wish to buy this to ply, install a sticker indicating a height and weight limit for the human attempting to sit there.

Triniboi, I just searched TTTL’s FB pages for a number of years and saw no such post. Would you be able to help find a copy of that advertisement please? I’m really curious, thanks.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 28th, 2021, 10:58 am

Livinia is no longer sold due to being unpopular. Xpander is the same, hope Diamond has better luck. At least the Livinia owners have an alternative for parts.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » October 28th, 2021, 3:50 pm

Xpander cross is a CY2 lancer on stilts? No thank you, that crossover is going to STRUGGLE with the air conditioning on,

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » October 28th, 2021, 5:45 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:Xpander cross is a CY2 lancer on stilts? No thank you, that crossover is going to STRUGGLE with the air conditioning on,

Man...I read this and tears in my eyes...

Stilts?!?! :lol: :lol:

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » October 28th, 2021, 7:48 pm

agent007 wrote:Dizzy, that Zander Cross is just another competitor for the Suzuki XL-7 and the Toyota Rush.

Let’s dive into the basics, shall we?

4A91 engine with 4AT transmission, rear drum brakes and dual airbags only. These vehicles were made for developing markets only and frankly that 2 airbag thing is an insult for 2021. At least we can get 6 in the Rush for crying out loud! One thing I did notice with that ZanderCross is it’s 225mm ground clearance. It beats Subaru’s best in class 220mm but sadly it means little cause it remains fwd only.

I expect to see these running PH and woe unto those adults who get to sit in that 3rd row. If taxi men wish to buy this to ply, install a sticker indicating a height and weight limit for the human attempting to sit there.

Triniboi, I just searched TTTL’s FB pages for a number of years and saw no such post. Would you be able to help find a copy of that advertisement please? I’m really curious, thanks.

From what I recall it was a Newspaper Ad, and it mentioned two models and it was around the time they had these “IMV” models. This was real years ago early 201Xs I’m sure before 2014, because I remember asking a sales man about it. It was very specific models.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » October 28th, 2021, 8:28 pm

Lol @ Dave, yup I heard that too and I heard the Datsun Cross kicked the bucket locally as well.

ProtonPowder, you’re so correct and it gets worse. The lancer at least was available with up to 7 airbags in some markets. It also boasts of having an IRS design and a 58L fuel tank. The Xpander loses 5 airbags, gets the torsion beam rear suspension and loses 13L of fuel tank capacity in favor of added ground clearance and a supposed 3rd row.

Triniboi, no scene bro. I remember the “IMV” marketing ie. Introduction of the previous Hilux and Fortuner back in 2005 (PBW days). I saved their add on the fuel requirements though and had cause to use that said add against them previously.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » October 29th, 2021, 11:55 am

Mitsubishi did a much better job at road execution than Nissan. Looks much better IMO.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 2nd, 2021, 12:40 am

The attachment IMG_4766.JPG is no longer available
IMG_4766.JPG
IMG_4767.JPG

For $239k you get a 3yr/100,000km warranty and a further 2yr/40,000km free service. Standout features as you all can see is the wide windshield and shark fin antenna. That is some good stuff there!

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » November 2nd, 2021, 5:01 am

On ANSA site thy have the new civic listed - by one has update on price and availability?

2NR Smurf
TriniTuner Crew

Postby 2NR Smurf » November 2nd, 2021, 3:32 pm

was told to expect something in the 300K range.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » November 2nd, 2021, 6:32 pm

Saw an expander cross around the airport the other day, it does not look terrible.

However it still has an anemic engine for its size, and combined with a torsion beam suspension and a budget mitsubishi interior, it will be difficult to be comfortable while in motion.

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » November 3rd, 2021, 10:00 am

ProtonPowder wrote:Saw an expander cross around the airport the other day, it does not look terrible.

However it still has an anemic engine for its size, and combined with a torsion beam suspension and a budget mitsubishi interior, it will be difficult to be comfortable while in motion.

Better you just save $24,000 and buy a XL7 GLX instead. At least the XL7 is relatively unpretentious at that price.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 3rd, 2021, 11:59 am

The only 3 cylinder crossovers available through the authorized dealers locally are the Nissan Juke, Ford EcoSport, BMW X1 and BMW X2. In a few days, there is going to be another 3 cylinder crossover entering our market on an official capacity and that’s the 2022 Toyota Raize priced at $175,000.
IMG_4769.JPG

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”