TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Dave » November 22nd, 2021, 4:00 pm

The best one...L28ET!
agent007 wrote:^^5M or L28?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 22nd, 2021, 7:37 pm

Very nice! That's a keeper for sure.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » November 23rd, 2021, 7:44 am

Anyone found out the price for the new civic yet? They acting like it's trump's tax info, just don't wanna release the numbers

ALady4ALady
Ricer

Postby ALady4ALady » November 23rd, 2021, 3:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_9by2iKDxI

Again, disclaimer, I don't know how to insert the video link.
Hopefully you all can view this review of both vehicles in question.

Price seems to be the greatest dissatisfaction with the Vezel.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » November 23rd, 2021, 11:55 pm

zando wrote:Anyone found out the price for the new civic yet? They acting like it's trump's tax info, just don't wanna release the numbers

Are they still selling the older model?

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » November 25th, 2021, 12:30 pm

I saw new model pic on the tt site...but thats it.

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » November 25th, 2021, 12:44 pm

My Guess is $290K for the fabric and $330K for the leather. Thy look like they have the same engine and safety features, the main difference is the sunroof and seats.

Heard they have a December shipment.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » November 26th, 2021, 11:53 am

Black Friday sale anyone? Lol
Screenshot_20211126-110219.jpg

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » November 26th, 2021, 11:54 am

New Niro! Not bad, not bad at all, better than the first gen god awful looking model.
Screenshot_20211126-115044__01.jpg

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 26th, 2021, 11:58 am

zando wrote:New Niro! Not bad, not bad at all, better than the first gen god awful looking model.
I like the niro but what about the resale value, it's deplorable

A172

Postby A172 » November 26th, 2021, 12:52 pm

saw one of those MG vehicles with the infamous korean drl blackeye

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 26th, 2021, 2:13 pm

Those MG’s will implode on its owners just now and the dealer will have an influx of these pos cars taking up the majority of time of their master techs thus limiting resources to their other brands.

The EMA should look into the effects of more cars rotting in bushes throughout our island which MG wishes to contribute in exponentially. New MGs will meet old rotting MGs in the bush, how ironic.

Kia finally has a brand that they would be more reliable than, it’s a major selling point for Kia sales reps now that MG has arrived.

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » November 26th, 2021, 3:50 pm

^^^There may be a huge MG used car part market soon.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 26th, 2021, 4:03 pm

That's right! MG's are actually Chinese made wheel barrows with a temporary engine carrying a bunch of bogus parts. Difference between a wheelbarrow in the bamboo and a MG is that the latter can be registered.

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » November 26th, 2021, 4:44 pm

It now hit me, you know those older Hyundai's and Kia's and how people made them reliable. QG or SR swap inna MG

Chinese garbage Vs Korean garbage

philliprock
3NE 2NR for life

Postby philliprock » November 26th, 2021, 4:47 pm

How difficult would it be for me to change the License office mistake? I paid for 10 years, printed for 5 years. I have proof... how difficult is it?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 26th, 2021, 5:46 pm

Sadly the Nissan QG, QR, HR and MR are garbage next to CA, GA and SR engines so MG's with HR and MR swaps might still be considered garbage cause supply of said SR's would be more of a problem as time passes.

Phillip, go caroni and take that to admin on the left. Walk with yuh evidence and your matter would be solved.

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » November 26th, 2021, 6:25 pm

agent007 wrote:Sadly the Nissan QG, QR, HR and MR are garbage next to CA, GA and SR engines so MG's with HR and MR swaps might still be considered garbage cause supply of said SR's would be more of a problem as time passes.

Phillip, go caroni and take that to admin on the left. Walk with yuh evidence and your matter would be solved.
yup can't beat the days when Nissan was Nissan. I was joking about the swap, I assume with proper maintenance met at the correct intervals the MGs should hold up (key word *should*) . The problem is that the new MG people most likely aren't car people or probably didn't have guidance from a real car person. I guess time will tell

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » November 27th, 2021, 10:02 am

zando wrote:New Niro! Not bad, not bad at all, better than the first gen god awful looking model.
First gen looks better.

timothymcdavid
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby timothymcdavid » November 27th, 2021, 1:32 pm

philliprock wrote:How difficult would it be for me to change the License office mistake? I paid for 10 years, printed for 5 years. I have proof... how difficult is it?

That is no mistake bro ... they did that crap to me ... I paid for 10 they gave me 5 as well luckily i noticed that before I moved away from the window and got them to correct it ... these govt offices cashiers always running some kinda racket ... reason I always check is because IRD put my income tax cheque to someone elses account ... i didnt check had a small run around to fix that ... go back with the receipt one time dont allow that f*ck3ry to pass at all.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » November 27th, 2021, 5:12 pm

aaron17 wrote:
First gen looks better.
I agree, not feeling the predator look

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 27th, 2021, 10:49 pm

When the designers of the Ford EcoSport, Nissan Latio and bucktooth BMW’s saw some of these new Kia designs, they went back to their bosses and asked for a raise. Even a drunk armless Mazda designer can do better.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » November 27th, 2021, 11:27 pm

philliprock wrote:How difficult would it be for me to change the License office mistake? I paid for 10 years, printed for 5 years. I have proof... how difficult is it?

It should cost $35... go in with the proof, explain it to them and pay $35 for them to change it

triniboi49
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniboi49 » November 27th, 2021, 11:45 pm

Those Hyundai N cars look impressive - would love an Elantra N or i30N fastback

Seeker
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Seeker » December 1st, 2021, 6:39 pm

david12 wrote:
agent007 wrote:Sadly the Nissan QG, QR, HR and MR are garbage next to CA, GA and SR engines so MG's with HR and MR swaps might still be considered garbage cause supply of said SR's would be more of a problem as time passes.

yup can't beat the days when Nissan was Nissan. I was joking about the swap, I assume with proper maintenance met at the correct intervals the MGs should hold up (key word *should*) . The problem is that the new MG people most likely aren't car people or probably didn't have guidance from a real car person. I guess time will tell

Hmmm...I using a QG that is approaching 600,000km and it still runs good. BtwI love this forum. M y next ride should be a Mazda. Looking for specs but I am too lazy to scroll back .

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » December 1st, 2021, 6:57 pm

Seeker wrote:
david12 wrote:

Hmmm...I using a QG that is approaching 600,000km and it still runs good. BtwI love this forum. M y next ride should be a Mazda. Looking for specs but I am too lazy to scroll back .
Woah that's something!
Keep it nah and break the 1,000,000 km milestone

I have a Question tho
How often do you change oil in such a high mileage engine?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 1st, 2021, 6:59 pm

The QG engines were very good engines. The QR wasn't all that great but the MR were good replacements.
I have been tinkering with a HR and have solved many inherent problems to the extent that coupled with the CVT makes a very enjoyable drive with even the CVT woes also being addressed.
Very few nissan engines were bad from the start but like many if no attention is paid to them they must have parts failure.
My biggest gripe with the GA DNE versions was the integrated MAF in the throttle body. While being a compact setup the cost of replacements got expensive. The GA16DE Vtc was a baby SR and and excellent engine all round.

SR engines will always live long and prosper!

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » December 1st, 2021, 7:06 pm

Dave wrote:The QG engines were very good engines. The QR wasn't all that great but the MR were good replacements.
I have been tinkering with a HR and have solved many inherent problems to the extent that coupled with the CVT makes a very enjoyable drive with even the CVT woes also being addressed.
Very few nissan engines were bad from the start but like many if no attention is paid to them they must have parts failure.
My biggest gripe with the GA DNE versions was the integrated MAF in the throttle body. While being a compact setup the cost of replacements got expensive. The GA16DE Vtc was a baby SR and and excellent engine all round.

SR engines will always live long and prosper!
SR is life
Hands down my favourite engine of all time. Can't wait to get my hands on one soon to mess around with.
Going to take that N/A SR title once and for all

Edit
You say SR and yuh boy get too excited. Drove that HR powered car already and it runs real good. Some good torque available under your right foot and with the lowered ride height it's a very enjoyable drive.

Seeker
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Seeker » December 2nd, 2021, 8:49 am

david12 wrote:
Seeker wrote:
david12 wrote:

Woah that's something!
Keep it nah and break the 1,000,000 km milestone

I have a Question tho
How often do you change oil in such a high mileage engine?

I change it every 4mths and use Shell. Some people thinks it might be waste of money but if it aint broke; why fix it lol (knocks on wood) lol

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » December 3rd, 2021, 4:05 pm

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”