TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby aaron17 » January 1st, 2023, 10:37 am

Which crossover has the best suspension that is affoardable for these bad roads?

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » January 1st, 2023, 7:34 pm

I finds that the Suzuki Vitara (Allgrip model) is the best value for money. The cost of maintenance at the firm is no higher than at the other dealerships.

I have had mine for six years and 86000km now and the only things that had to be fixed that were done under warranty were:
1) The transmission used to downshift into first when slowing down rather hard.
2) The front passenger side and rear right side power window switches had to be replaced.

You have a lot of hard plastics in the interior, but then again, most new cars are coming this way.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » January 1st, 2023, 8:36 pm

aaron17 wrote:Which crossover has the best suspension that is affoardable for these bad roads?
Subaru xv.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » January 4th, 2023, 2:31 pm

x2

zando wrote:
aaron17 wrote:Which crossover has the best suspension that is affoardable for these bad roads?
Subaru xv.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » January 7th, 2023, 6:33 pm

Is the BMW iX officially available in trinidad or grey market only ? Saw an all black one today in st Augustine

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » January 7th, 2023, 7:28 pm

Is the BMW iX available in trinidad ?

mtec
Street 2NR

Postby mtec » January 12th, 2023, 9:22 pm

Subaru XV

damieG82
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby damieG82 » January 14th, 2023, 9:07 pm

Anyone has pricing and details on the latest entries to the small sedan segment: revised Nissan Versa and Honda City?

I've seen a new Versa on the road, and one at Massy's showroom in POS, so they're definitely on sale.

I'm not so sure about the City... haven't seen any indication from Classic itself, that they're available, but oddly Innovative Security has several in their fleet now. Maybe Classic didn't supply them?

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » January 16th, 2023, 10:29 am

damieG82 wrote:Anyone has pricing and details on the latest entries to the small sedan segment: revised Nissan Versa and Honda City?

I've seen a new Versa on the road, and one at Massy's showroom in POS, so they're definitely on sale.

I'm not so sure about the City... haven't seen any indication from Classic itself, that they're available, but oddly Innovative Security has several in their fleet now. Maybe Classic didn't supply them?

Last price on the Honda City RS hybrid I saw was $239,000. Seems to be a better spec model than the outgoing City CNG. Most likely the first shipment was not that big and was sold on a fleet deal (could be wrong). Have not seen the new Versa, would like to know the details as well.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » January 16th, 2023, 2:09 pm

Anyone has experience with a Nissan E-power vehicles. Ownership, reliability and quirks.

Need to some info if anyone has experience.
Thanks

JC ELLIS
Street 2NR

Postby JC ELLIS » January 24th, 2023, 11:30 pm

Capleton wrote:
damieG82 wrote:Anyone has pricing and details on the latest entries to the small sedan segment: revised Nissan Versa and Honda City?

Last price on the Honda City RS hybrid I saw was $239,000. Seems to be a better spec model than the outgoing City CNG. Most likely the first shipment was not that big and was sold on a fleet deal (could be wrong). Have not seen the new Versa, would like to know the details as well.

Well look at that. I was wondering the same thing about the new Honda City and wasn't sure if it was mentioned on the forum. It was only today I saw one for the first time in Tobago. I was wondering what vehicle it was as it passed by, but when I got a view of the back, I realized it was Honda City. Looks good. It is owned by National Gas Company.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby nick639v2 » January 25th, 2023, 10:52 pm

Do we get the Mercedes sprinter here locally???. Have been in a couple when I travelled and i would buy one for a work van so quick eh

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » January 27th, 2023, 8:27 pm

nick639v2 wrote:Do we get the Mercedes sprinter here locally???. Have been in a couple when I travelled and i would buy one for a work van so quick eh

They have a couple... very basic builds. You could probably order a better spec one though.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » January 31st, 2023, 9:45 am

Any news on the new Ranger? One sakes rep said April/May, another said June.
I'm told all up to the Wildtrak will be 2.0 biturbo and they will be more expensive than the current model. Now I know vehicle prices have risen globally but shouldn't the much smaller engine (especially fx4 vs sport and wildtrak models) offset the increased manufacturing costs? A whole 1200 cc should dramatically bring the cost down right?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 31st, 2023, 1:37 pm

metalgear2095 wrote:Any news on the new Ranger? One sakes rep said April/May, another said June.
I'm told all up to the Wildtrak will be 2.0 biturbo and they will be more expensive than the current model. Now I know vehicle prices have risen globally but shouldn't the much smaller engine (especially fx4 vs sport and wildtrak models) offset the increased manufacturing costs? A whole 1200 cc should dramatically bring the cost down right?

Sadly it doesn't seem like dealers are passing on any decreased prices in vehicles due to smaller engines and consequently smaller MVT onto to customers. Look at Massy and their 1.3l Qashqai which starting at 285k as compared to the previous 2l versions.

However with regards to T vehicle and I stand to be corrected - isn't the MVT on engine sizes pretty small and also fixed regardless of displacement? Meaning the difference in MVT between a 3.2l and 2l T vehicle will only be a few thousand dollars as compared to say the difference between a 2.5l to a 1/5l car.

The version of the Motor Vehicle and Road Traffic Act up has the MVT at $2.50 per cc for goods vehicles
Capture.JPG

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » January 31st, 2023, 2:25 pm

I don't know. You probably are correct. Their plan is to sell old and new models at different price points. I'm waiting to see how much different

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 6th, 2023, 12:51 pm

I have finally made up my mind guys ... Buying a Foreign New Xtrail epower, Hybrid so no taxes.
Spoke to a mechanic who has worked on Nissan note epower vehicles before.
Seems like a reliable system. The last xtrail gen hybrid had serious issues, input shaft was cracking and brake actuators were failing.

The Epower system seems to work well in the note so Nissan expanded it to the Qashqai and the xtrail.

Not very efficient like toyota and honda hybrids but it's fast 0 to 60 in 7 seconds. The vehicle is set up like an electric car with a small battery thats charged from the engine.
Engine is alot of new tech ... Variable Compression 1.5 Turbo thermal efficient should be almost 50%, which is insane.
The engine can mechanically adjust pistons to move up higher in the cylinder to increase compression ratio or lower it to decrease it rather than using valve timing to adjust compression ratios.

Was used in infinity first and now nissan is using it.

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » February 6th, 2023, 2:04 pm

that e4orce is a good buy for the price, just ugly

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 6th, 2023, 3:39 pm

drchaos wrote:I have finally made up my mind guys ... Buying a Foreign New Xtrail epower, Hybrid so no taxes.
Seems like a reliable system. The last xtrail gen hybrid had serious issues, input shaft was cracking and brake actuators were failing.

The Epower system seems to work well in the note so Nissan expanded it to the Qashqai and the xtrail.

Not very efficient like toyota and honda hybrids but it's fast 0 to 60 in 7 seconds. The vehicle is set up like an electric car with a small battery thats charged from the engine.
Engine is alot of new tech ... Variable Compression 1.5 Turbo thermal efficient should be almost 50%, which is insane.
The engine can mechanically adjust pistons to move up higher in the cylinder to increase compression ratio or lower it to decrease it rather than using valve timing to adjust compression ratios.

cause people are gullible and love to read the brochure

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 6th, 2023, 5:26 pm

kamakazi wrote:
drchaos wrote:I have finally made up my mind guys ... Buying a Foreign New Xtrail epower, Hybrid so no taxes.

cause people are gullible and love to read the brochure

watched this review as well
With respect to Cadogan he really bad talks anything that is'nt a Subaru, MAZDA or a Hyundai literally. He will hate on all other car brand and rip on them badly. Even my 2017 civic (which is an amazing car) he was real hating on it. So I don't take him seriously.

His main gripe here is the battery is small around 2 KW or 3 Mile EV range and it seems he would have pref a PHEV with a larger battery.

Saw an e power tear down (battery, electric motors, transfer case) by a local mechanic on youtube of all places and an assessment of the hybrid system and seemed pretty reliably. Only issue he identified was the battery is hard to get to if repairs are needed and just change the transfer case oil more often than is recommended.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 6th, 2023, 5:27 pm

A172 wrote:that e4orce is a good buy for the price, just ugly

Yeah price is great but looks are polarizing.

Wife likes it and she will be driving it.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » February 6th, 2023, 6:03 pm

I can't recall the video... But my take is you get some benefits of an ev (like acceleration), but all the drawbacks of an internal combustion engine (regular engine oil changes and all other associated servicing like plugs filters etc.)

I think the battery is too small to allow the engine to run at peak efficiency for any length of time during recharging. The battery as well is going to be cycled a lot more which will cause it to wear out faster.

You have 2 energy conversions taking place which more or less nullify any gains from increases in combustion efficiency

I haven't seen the design of this new engine but the one in the Infiniti (which is to Nissan what Acura is to Honda or Lexus is to Toyota) from what I recall looks complicated. A bit to many moving parts for my liking.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 6th, 2023, 6:29 pm

kamakazi wrote:I can't recall the video... But my take is you get some benefits of an ev (like acceleration), but all the drawbacks of an internal combustion engine (regular engine oil changes and all other associated servicing like plugs filters etc.)

I think the battery is too small to allow the engine to run at peak efficiency for any length of time during recharging. The battery as well is going to be cycled a lot more which will cause it to wear out faster.

You have 2 energy conversions taking place which more or less nullify any gains from increases in combustion efficiency

I haven't seen the design of this new engine but the one in the Infiniti (which is to Nissan what Acura is to Honda or Lexus is to Toyota) from what I recall looks complicated. A bit to many moving parts for my liking.

Not too concerned with the battery cycling
Watched some of the POV driving videos around europe and Japan with this vehicle and the software seems to keep the battery between 40 to 60% charge. Lithium Ion loves this since this isn't considered anywhere near a full cycle and the battery last way longer.

Economy is around 5-6 Liters per 100KMs which is slightly better than what I get in my civic. The Honda vezel hybrid is way better for fuel economy since the engine has a direct connection with the wheels over 80 KPH.

Engine I agree is the biggest unknown. But since it's only being used to charge the battery it means it will be run in a very narrow powerband so less wear and tear in the longterm.
I also looked quite alot for issues with 4 cyclinder VC engines in the infinities in the states and did'nt find any major recalls or design flaws.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » February 6th, 2023, 9:38 pm

What’s the price range on that xtrail through the grey market? Will warranties be any issue?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 6th, 2023, 10:08 pm

nick639v2 wrote:What’s the price range on that xtrail through the grey market? Will warranties be any issue?

270-290 if you bring it in yourself.

330+ if a dealer does it for you. Plus most dealers offering at least 1 year warranty these days.

The other option was a rav or CRV and with similar spec I would be paying way over 400k.
But it is always a risk … likely you are on your own but with big savings upfront.

Heck I’ve even had a warranty issue with my civic bought from Ansa that was never fixed. Was so much drama in the end just opted to fix it myself. I figured the lawyers letters would have cost time and money and made sense to fix it myself.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » February 8th, 2023, 12:39 pm

The new Xtrail exterior looks might be polarizing but the interior is leaps and bounds above what I expected from Nissan.
Any Nissan Kicks reviews from anyone?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 9th, 2023, 10:38 am

scotty_buttons wrote:The new Xtrail exterior looks might be polarizing but the interior is leaps and bounds above what I expected from Nissan.

have'nt seen any locally yet ...

Lots of reviews on youtube via SE asia. Seems to get very good reviews since its a similar setup to the Note epower.
Less complicated than the x-trail mechanically since it has a simple NA 1.2L non variable compression engine.

Should be a good buy since the note has been running since 2016 and now on its second gen without any major hiccups.

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » February 9th, 2023, 6:13 pm

It’s interesting how Massy basically gave up on Nissan compact cars. With the amount of RoRo and Grey market Notes on the road is enough proof that they should have made efforts to keep it in its lineup.

My mom ready to change her 10 year old Tiida hatchback that she bought new from Massy and I have no alternative in the new car segment, she prefers Nissan for some reason the lady said she ain’t want no used car.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » February 9th, 2023, 7:16 pm

greggle71 wrote:It’s interesting how Massy basically gave up on Nissan compact cars. With the amount of RoRo and Grey market Notes on the road is enough proof that they should have made efforts to keep it in its lineup.

My mom ready to change her 10 year old Tiida hatchback that she bought new from Massy and I have no alternative in the new car segment, she prefers Nissan for some reason the lady said she ain’t want no used car.

I think the local dealers generally have given up on the low end of the market. Bad economy, They can make higher margin per US dollar spent on the mid to higher end.

Also with the tax exemptions back on hybrids on the lower end they cannot compete.

Lastly most people these days want vehicles with more ground clearance due to the roads we have here, so the firms would have done their market research and would be offering less.

Foreign new note? Yaris cross hybrid ? Aqua's ... The toyota's esp should give you many trouble free years. My cousin has a foreign new aqua going on 6 years and only problem she had was a dead 12V battery at year 5.

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Postby scotty_buttons » February 11th, 2023, 8:49 pm

drchaos wrote:
scotty_buttons wrote:The new Xtrail exterior looks might be polarizing but the interior is leaps and bounds above what I expected from Nissan.

have'nt seen any locally yet ...

Lots of reviews on youtube via SE asia. Seems to get very good reviews since its a similar setup to the Note epower.
Less complicated than the x-trail mechanically since it has a simple NA 1.2L non variable compression engine.

Should be a good buy since the note has been running since 2016 and now on its second gen without any major hiccups.

Really? I’ve seen a couple here locally. Via grey market though.
Size is about the same as the new Vezel as well. My only concern is if the electric motor fails, then what?
Deciding between the Kicks and the Yaris Cross and leaning toward Yaris cross since it’s more economical on fuel and the hybrid system has been proven for more than two decades now. The kicks has a nicer interior though and more bells and whistles the the YC

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”