TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Dizzy28 » April 24th, 2023, 2:29 pm

snypaz wrote:Saw a Massy rep say they only bringing the 2.0 Suburu XV from now instead of the 1.6L. Wonder what will be the price difference.

Should be sizeable.
Isn't 2.0l the displacement where the "Luxury Tax" kicks in i.e. the doubling of Import Duties and MVT?

mtec
Street 2NR

Postby mtec » April 25th, 2023, 8:14 am

That's most likely the case. I respect the few reps who are honest and know what they're selling. Some just say what's convenient at the time or whatever they think would help close their sale. I had one rep tell me that Nissan does not equip the 2014 Juke with electronic folding mirrors anywhere globally. Total BS. When I was on the market for a new car a couple years ago, I got a spec sheet for the two grades of Corolla. The lower grade had features listed as on the higher grade. I asked the rep and he was like oh yeah they made a mistake with that. He knew that prior but chose not to mention it before I asked. Reps out there, kudos to the honest ones but to the others, stop BS'ing innocent, non the wiser consumers.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » April 25th, 2023, 3:54 pm

Dave wrote:Heard a spin on that where the 2.0s are the ones remaining so selling those out to bring the new model in.

I heard for 2023 it was rebranded to the crosstrek and XV name is dead. So you may be on the ball with this.

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 26th, 2023, 8:10 am

So, went for servicing at lifestyle and they had an XLV on show in the waiting area, I checked it out, I think as blown away, it's pretty nice! The seats are very comfortable and quality and fit of the vehicle was pretty good, also that interior is pretty big, all in I really like it.

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » April 28th, 2023, 11:08 am

zando wrote:So, went for servicing at lifestyle and they had an XLV on show in the waiting area, I checked it out, I think as blown away, it's pretty nice! The seats are very comfortable and quality and fit of the vehicle was pretty good, also that interior is pretty big, all in I really like it.

Yep, it's pretty spacious. The XLV is actually the extended wheelbase version of the Tivoli. LSM has the Tivoli and then 2 Trims of the XLV available.

With regard to the Subaru XV, it is true that Massy will be dropping the 1.6L and bringing it only with the 2.0L engine and will call it the Cross Trek. The pricing I heard was:

- Fabric - $389K
- Fabric Eyesight - $430K
- Leather Eyesight - $460K
- Hybrid Leather Eyesight - $515K

R.I.P XV!

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » April 28th, 2023, 2:45 pm

Capleton wrote:
zando wrote:So, went for servicing at lifestyle and they had an XLV on show in the waiting area, I checked it out, I think as blown away, it's pretty nice! The seats are very comfortable and quality and fit of the vehicle was pretty good, also that interior is pretty big, all in I really like it.

Yep, it's pretty spacious. The XLV is actually the extended wheelbase version of the Tivoli. LSM has the Tivoli and then 2 Trims of the XLV available.

With regard to the Subaru XV, it is true that Massy will be dropping the 1.6L and bringing it only with the 2.0L engine and will call it the Cross Trek. The pricing I heard was:

- Fabric - $389K

R.I.P XV!
What?! Nah that is crazzinesssss!!!!! They can't be serious

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » April 28th, 2023, 3:31 pm

zando wrote:
Capleton wrote:

- Fabric - $389K

R.I.P XV!
What?! Nah that is crazzinesssss!!!!! They can't be serious

lets wait and see, those prices really over the top!

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » April 28th, 2023, 5:16 pm

The 1.6 XV was the one of the cheapest and most capable suv in T&T market... dround clearance & awd too

Base was 239k.

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » April 28th, 2023, 5:41 pm

death365 wrote:The 1.6 XV was the one of the cheapest and most capable suv in T&T market... dround clearance & awd too

Base was 239k.
It's up to 259k last time I checked.

assassin
Shifting into 6th

Postby assassin » April 28th, 2023, 6:33 pm

From Feb all they had was the $299 option and up. No entry level with fabric seats

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 28th, 2023, 7:57 pm

A few years ago the base was 225k.
death365 wrote:The 1.6 XV was the one of the cheapest and most capable suv in T&T market... dround clearance & awd too

Base was 239k.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » April 29th, 2023, 12:53 am

Capleton wrote:

- Fabric - $389K

R.I.P XV!

At them prices, best a person buy a forester and done.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » April 29th, 2023, 3:40 pm

So got a look at the new Wildtrak today. It's $489k. Has no front/360 camera, no tray cover, no self parking. Less features than the old model and costs a lot more

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » April 29th, 2023, 7:21 pm

Who said the forester won't be making the same upward trend. They won't price it close to the forester, they would maintain more or less the same price differentiation.
nemisis wrote:
Capleton wrote:

- Fabric - $389K

R.I.P XV!

At them prices, best a person buy a forester and done.

alibaboolal
Ricer

Postby alibaboolal » April 29th, 2023, 11:19 pm

Lifestyle has the new Grand Vitara up on their website. No pricing though.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 30th, 2023, 4:46 pm

Massy classing Subaru as luxury.
No wonder the pricing is the way it is
IMG_20230430_164549.jpg

assassin
Shifting into 6th

Postby assassin » April 30th, 2023, 10:18 pm

Is the latest Grand Vitara a hybrid?

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » April 30th, 2023, 10:58 pm

assassin wrote:Is the latest Grand Vitara a hybrid?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230501/b947ac0c32a9adee5dc8797819e32305.jpg[/img]

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230501/4ba143993f6ca5acb8bf8ae05af52721.jpg[/img]

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » May 1st, 2023, 1:33 pm

alibaboolal wrote:Lifestyle has the new Grand Vitara up on their website. No pricing though.

I want them bring the fronx lol I love the design of that little thing

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » May 1st, 2023, 2:27 pm

New Grand Vitara is the 1.5L "Smart Hybrid" - which equates to the Mild Hybrid version (12V Lithium Ion Battery Pack and an Integrated Starter Generator with Stop/Start. Small displacement Suzuki engines are pretty fuel efficient IMO, so that coupled with the "mild hybrid" system should give you some descent mileage without the associated full hybrid costs.

There is also the Full Hybrid in the new Grand Vitara, but I don't think LSM has those available as yet.

I would expect to see some reasonable pricing on the new GV seeing as it would be exempt from certain taxes/duties since it falls in the hybrid category.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 2nd, 2023, 12:36 am

Capleton wrote:

New Grand Vitara is the 1.5L "Smart Hybrid" - which equates to the Mild Hybrid version (12V Lithium Ion Battery Pack and an Integrated Starter Generator with Stop/Start. Small displacement Suzuki engines are pretty fuel efficient IMO, so that coupled with the "mild hybrid" system should give you some descent mileage without the associated full hybrid costs.

There is also the Full Hybrid in the new Grand Vitara, but I don't think LSM has those available as yet.

I would expect to see some reasonable pricing on the new GV seeing as it would be exempt from certain taxes/duties since it falls in the hybrid category.

Do mild hybrids get the tax exemptions?

Last i heard they would not get any exemptions.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 2nd, 2023, 10:28 am

Last month one of those lesser known grey market dealers advertised that new shaped GV on FB and IIRC they had it at $210k. Can't remember if it was new or used.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 2nd, 2023, 11:47 am

Capleton wrote:

Reasonable pricing??? Doubt it, I have yet to see electric or hybrid variant of vehicles drop in price..

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » May 3rd, 2023, 8:25 am

nick639v2 wrote:
Capleton wrote:

Reasonable pricing??? Doubt it, I have yet to see electric or hybrid variant of vehicles drop in price..

well in this case there is no non-hybrid MY2023 Grand Vitara on the market to compare it to, so that is pointless!

assassin
Shifting into 6th

Postby assassin » May 3rd, 2023, 9:13 am

Grand Vitara from Lifestyle
2wd fabric 235k
2wd loaded 255k
4wd loaded 270k

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 3rd, 2023, 9:22 am

Pricing to sell like hot bread!

Capleton
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Capleton » May 3rd, 2023, 9:30 am

assassin wrote:Grand Vitara from Lifestyle
2wd fabric 235k
2wd loaded 255k
4wd loaded 270k

I would say this is pretty "reasonably priced".....

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 3rd, 2023, 9:42 am

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230503/cdbceaff2cb7419c4987f6ecfffd1f98.jpg[/img]

418K for a Hilux now??? Someone hadda update them prices on the front page now

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » May 3rd, 2023, 11:39 am

Small money. A Wildtrak is $489k

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » May 3rd, 2023, 2:05 pm

assassin wrote:Grand Vitara from Lifestyle
2wd fabric 235k
2wd loaded 255k
4wd loaded 270k
Honestly thought it would have broke the 300 grand mark but all in I like this vehicle, now they need to bring the Fronx damnit!

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”