TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Automotive Non-Technical topics... Just anything car related for the gear head in all of us

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby Dave » November 3rd, 2021, 12:11 pm

Aka Daihatsu Rocky for those who remember that name!

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » November 3rd, 2021, 6:13 pm

The Rush is a Toyota badged diahatsu. The vehicle name plate has manufactured by Diahatsu. Not sure if that's changed within recent times.

Pretty sure this Raize will be the same.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 4th, 2021, 11:48 am

The made by Daihatsu explanation makes complete sense. If you all would recall, TTTL did sell Daihatsu here previously but those models weren't successful so the strategy to bring in cheaper made vehicles with a Toyota badge should work.

In the roro market amongst those grey dealers, the Raize seems to be selling pretty okay. People couldn't be bothered with what the VIN plate says or how much cylinders it has.

snow7940
Street 2NR

Postby snow7940 » November 4th, 2021, 2:08 pm

Has lifestyle motors stop bringing in Chevrolet vehicles ? And I notice that trinituner new car price has removed Chevrolet

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » November 4th, 2021, 9:00 pm

agent007 wrote:The only 3 cylinder crossovers available through the authorized dealers locally are the Nissan Juke, Ford EcoSport, BMW X1 and BMW X2. In a few days, there is going to be another 3 cylinder crossover entering our market on an official capacity and that’s the 2022 Toyota Raize priced at $175,000.
IMG_4769.JPG
Hahahaha I hope this forces massy to drop their price for the juke

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 4th, 2021, 11:45 pm

snow7940 wrote:Has lifestyle motors stop bringing in Chevrolet vehicles ? And I notice that trinituner new car price has removed Chevrolet
Affirmative. Last I heard they had a white Trax and a grey Trailblazer in stock pending sales. No further inventory would be coming in at this time. If someone has other info, I would gladly lend an ear and make necessary corrections.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 4th, 2021, 11:54 pm

zando wrote:
agent007 wrote:The only 3 cylinder crossovers available through the authorized dealers locally are the Nissan Juke, Ford EcoSport, BMW X1 and BMW X2. In a few days, there is going to be another 3 cylinder crossover entering our market on an official capacity and that’s the 2022 Toyota Raize priced at

Zando, it gets worse. See that 2021 Juke in Massy showroom? The sales person mentioned 1.6 but I'm not seeing any info on that except the 1.0 3 cylinder engine. This sales person (amongst others) are known for posting a pack of nonsense on their social media handles to grab loan suckers to buy mediocre stuff but I just need clarification if this is some nismo model I don't know of cause tbh, it looks pretty aggressive and that $290k tag better had not have that lawn mower engine toting it.
FB_IMG_1636084031227.jpg

zando
Trinituner Peong

Postby zando » November 5th, 2021, 6:53 am

agent007 wrote:
zando wrote:
agent007 wrote:The only 3 cylinder crossovers available through the authorized dealers locally are the Nissan Juke, Ford EcoSport, BMW X1 and BMW X2. In a few days, there is going to be another 3 cylinder crossover entering our market on an official capacity and that’s the 2022 Toyota Raize priced at

Zando, it gets worse. See that 2021 Juke in Massy showroom? The sales person mentioned 1.6 but I'm not seeing any info on that except the 1.0 3 cylinder engine. This sales person (amongst others) are known for posting a pack of nonsense on their social media handles to grab loan suckers to buy mediocre stuff but I just need clarification if this is some nismo model I don't know of cause tbh, it looks pretty aggressive and that $290k tag better had not have that lawn mower engine toting it.
FB_IMG_1636084031227.jpg
Nah, they hadda be smoking something lol that's no nismo model, nismo models are very distinct and have a body kit and bigger wheels, not to mention the nismo badging, afaik the new juke doesn't yet have a nismo model, also it's still a 1.0 turbo, I'm very sure they're lying to get sales.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » November 8th, 2021, 6:37 pm

It's much less froggy now .... God that old model was ulgyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
agent007 wrote:
zando wrote:

FB_IMG_1636084031227.jpg

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 12th, 2021, 7:32 pm

Massy well positioned for the EV race next year.

Nissan has the Ariya, VW has the ID 3 and 4, Hyundai has the Ioniq 5, Subaru has the Solterra, Volvo has XC-40 Recharge.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » November 12th, 2021, 7:36 pm

They are in the showroom?

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » November 12th, 2021, 7:49 pm

There was a list going around post budget with electric vehicles and prices. Anyone has it?

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 12th, 2021, 7:51 pm

drchaos wrote:Massy well positioned for the EV race next year.

Nissan has the Ariya, VW has the ID 3 and 4, Hyundai has the Ioniq 5, Subaru has the Solterra, Volvo has XC-40 Recharge.
Anybody foresee the government will reduce taxes further on EV or is a wait and see?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » November 12th, 2021, 9:32 pm

hover11 wrote:

Anybody foresee the government will reduce taxes further on EV or is a wait and see?

No taxes from next year.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » November 12th, 2021, 9:40 pm

Are these all available (or soon to be available) locally? Or are you looking at it from the perspective of EV offerings from the brands they represent?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 13th, 2021, 10:54 am

If Massy potentially has that lineup then what does ANSA have? The Honda e, Ford Mustang Mach E and a Jaguar I Pace?

I get the feeling we will see a plethora of Chinese made and branded stuff flooding our market since I don’t expect those vehicles to have supply chain and chip shortage issues.

Also, point to note: the Ioniq electric fully loaded had a price of $270k. Do not expect come 1/1/22 to see it being sold for say $200k assuming that $70k was the quantum on all taxes.

In other words, if the taxes removed is worth $70k, in your dreams we should expect that car to sell for $200k. I guess time will tell.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 13th, 2021, 11:50 am

agent007 wrote:
snow7940 wrote:Has lifestyle motors stop bringing in Chevrolet vehicles ? And I notice that trinituner new car price has removed Chevrolet
Affirmative. Last I heard they had a white Trax and a grey Trailblazer in stock pending sales. No further inventory would be coming in at this time. If someone has other info, I would gladly lend an ear and make necessary corrections.

LSM are still the dealer for Chevy and as agent007 stated they do have a few units in stock.
They will continue to provide parts and service from the manufacturer for years to come.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » November 13th, 2021, 12:03 pm

carluva wrote:Are these all available (or soon to be available) locally? Or are you looking at it from the perspective of EV offerings from the brands they represent?

I think it's the latter. Usually these dealers have a huge advertising campaign when they bringing something out, more so for a whole slate of electric vehicles.

agent007 wrote:If Massy potentially has that lineup then what does ANSA have? The Honda e, Ford Mustang Mach E and a Jaguar I Pace?

I get the feeling we will see a plethora of Chinese made and branded stuff flooding our market since I don’t expect those vehicles to have supply chain and chip shortage issues.

Also, point to note: the Ioniq electric fully loaded had a price of $270k. Do not expect come 1/1/22 to see it being sold for say $200k assuming that $70k was the quantum on all taxes.

In other words, if the taxes removed is worth $70k, in your dreams we should expect that car to sell for $200k. I guess time will tell.

Interesting point Agent, and I must say, I concur. I saw this discussion between a prospective customer and sales rep for an unrelated vehicle, and my thoughts re: the customer's question are that the item keeps being sold (out) even as the price climbs, so why not keep raising it, right?

Likewise, on your point about the likelihood of the prices dropping significantly with the removal of taxes, the dealer can apply the logic that if they sold at $270k before, they'll sell at $270k now. They might drop the prices slightly so as to mamaguy us, but probably not proportionally, and they'll claim the price went up from the parent company, increased costs from supply chain/logistics issues, etc. And you know what? With everyone and their tanty buying EVs left, right and center next year....

They'll still sell (out).

Screenshot_20211010-142034__01.jpg

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 13th, 2021, 1:17 pm

Joshie, you’re absolutely right. The removal of taxes on these electric vehicles will benefit the dealer due to wider profit margins per unit sold. It’s the same rhetoric in 2016 into 2017 with the removal on taxes from hybrid vehicles. The full savings was not passed onto the customer.

Waiting patiently to see what the stealership cartel has in store for us.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » November 13th, 2021, 6:59 pm

Vitara vs Raize.. i need ur opinion on which to buy.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » November 13th, 2021, 7:06 pm

Two different segments. Vitara is a more closer to a suv whereas the Raize is more like a cuv.
Vitara's are being offered with one of the best warranties available locally. Keep for the 5 years and then sell.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 13th, 2021, 8:17 pm

Dave wrote:Two different segments. Vitara is a more closer to a suv whereas the Raize is more like a cuv.
Vitara's are being offered with one of the best warranties available locally. Keep for the 5 years and then sell.

I disagree Dave.

Both the Raize and the Vitara are similarly sized and both are front wheel drive unibody based crossovers with transverse mounted engines.

The common misconception here is that people think the Vitara is the line replacement to the Grand Vitara but that is not the case.

So Aaron, if you are thinking about going grey market then consider the Vitara GLX 1.4T from Bess Motors. That unit comes with a massive panoramic glass roof.

If thinking about going through the franchise dealership then my choice is still the Vitara because of the availability of AllGrip and the 1.6 engine is still port injected and not a direct injected unit. Also, the Vitara uses a more conventional Aisin sourced stepped torque converter 6AT transmission rather than a CVT. I’m not sure if TTTL’s Raize will be available with AWD but thus far my choice between the two would be the Vitara and of course that 5 year warranty Dave mentioned is hard to ignore.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » November 13th, 2021, 8:34 pm

You're saying the Vitara is fwd then saying it's available with allgrip (their 4wd system). I'm certain the Vitara is longer as well.

Anyone here with experience with all electric vehicles? Where can I have repaired etc should that situation arise?
Good options I'm seeing are the i-pace and mustang mach-e, although no idea when ansa will bring them. Audi e Tron looks fantastic as well but I'm certain the price would be ridiculous and I have zero faith in SSL's ability to maintain it. Any other suggestions?

agent007
punchin NOS

T&T OFFICIAL New Vehicle Prices & Discussion Thread

Postby agent007 » November 13th, 2021, 11:11 pm

Yup. What I was underscoring is, both are fwd based. Using the term crossover and CUV applies to both and can be used interchangeably regardless if a variant of 4wd is available or not.

In the case of the Vitara, whilst it is fwd based, it sports an optional part time 4wd system but it is more for traction purposes rather than serious off roading so it can be classified as AWD. Whether one is longer than the other or not, the variance is minuscule so they both belong to the entry level or small class of “CUV’s”.

To eliminate ambiguity, I would group Toyota branded crossovers into the following sizes:

Small:
Raize, CHR, Yaris Cross, Corolla Cross

Medium:
RAV4, Harrier/Venza

Large:
Highlander

As the crossover segment increases in popularity and has proven to be a major cash cow for all manufacturers, I’m not surprised Toyota (like many others) are creating several models within the size categories.

Suzuki plays more in the small category at this time. The only representation they have in the medium class is the Across which coincidentally is just a rebadged RAV4.
Last edited by agent007 on November 13th, 2021, 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greggle71
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby greggle71 » November 14th, 2021, 11:36 am

This is where I think the gov’t should be doing more for consumers. Come January any EV already being sold should be showing a significant sticker price drop. The Ioniq is a good example but that messaging needs to happen before January. On the flip side Massy could make a killing if they decide to do the honest thing and slash sticker prices on that same Ioniq come January they could flood the market as they already have an economy size offering and maintenance infrastructure to support. They should have huge order in as I know a several people waiting to see what will be the pricing come January. Massy can win the volume game if they move smart, cars should be on the sea already.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » November 15th, 2021, 12:13 pm

How much u think a small battery ev should cost with price drop?

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » November 15th, 2021, 6:58 pm

That's a tough one for me to say outright Aaron. What I think the price should be would never make sense when compared to vehicles that are subject to the taxes.

Eg. The B17 Sentra currently sold by Massy has a 1.6 engine and is priced at $200k for the grade with "leather" seats.

If the Ioniq EV fully loaded is similarly priced (which is ideally what I expect it to be come 1/1/22) then it renders all vehicles priced within that range useless.

With supposed forex woes affecting these conglomerates, it further means that for them to maximize profits, they might as well stop bringing in any non EV car (or any other vehicle that does not bring in a steady flow of profits) and focus on the Ioniq EV or vehicles that have ideal % profit margins**.

I believe they all collude in one way or the other so this can also affect Corolla, Mazda3, Cerato, Elantra and to some extent Yaris, Accent and Ciaz sales too.

As we would have seen previously, we the consumer will not enjoy the proportionate decrease in price as per 2016 into 2017 concessions on Hybrids. So, whilst I feel cars like the Leaf should sell for $200k fully loaded, this might just be wishful thinking.

In the unlikely event that I am wrong, then consider ourselves fortunate. I am eyeing those Leafs very carefully and just might pull the trigger on one if the price is right.

**remember, vehicles sales have slowed quite a lot. Dealerships may not be able to sell the numbers they used to but they can make it up by virtue of their profit margins per sale. The EV concession removal looks like a strategic attempt helped by the govt to make this happen for the dealers who wish to enjoy said concessions.

A172

Postby A172 » November 15th, 2021, 8:23 pm

min of finance have to amend the customs act to reflect what changes being made to the current one as well as any caps on battery/power.

asycuda then has to be updated to actually implement the exemptions to clear the vehicles whenever is time to

no new or used car dealer has this information and have to wait just like everybody else until customs ready

when budget read is jan/feb the next year changes take place and then ppl would now start to ship. This has been the way since ev/hybrid exemptions started in late 2016

lol@ all the uneducated bandwagonists cyakin abt how thing should already be on the way for jan and thinking all EV vehicles would be exempted

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » November 15th, 2021, 10:53 pm

Anybody knows what exactly is the sale Lifestyle Motors having on the 19th and 20th November?

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » November 16th, 2021, 10:48 am

A172 wrote:min of finance have to amend the customs act to reflect what changes being made to the current one as well as any caps on battery/power.

asycuda then has to be updated to actually implement the exemptions to clear the vehicles whenever is time to

no new or used car dealer has this information and have to wait just like everybody else until customs ready

when budget read is jan/feb the next year changes take place and then ppl would now start to ship. This has been the way since ev/hybrid exemptions started in late 2016

lol@ all the uneducated bandwagonists cyakin abt how thing should already be on the way for jan and thinking all EV vehicles would be exempted

Is a man chess that bunnin' there because men ole talking about cars on a car enthusiast website/forum?? :lol: I mean some of us overdo it at times eh, but no need for condescension, Cap.

Thanks for edifying us though and bringing us up to your level. We're all the better for it. 8-)

Advertisement

Return to “The Car Park”